What's new

Punished Mai v2.4.4

soulmaster318

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - Chapter 1 is Out!

How can i get the magma golem scene? I saw pictures when i unpack the rgss3a file.

Last edited:
OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Blame the boss for hiding the sheeps haha xD. That's why there's also a sound when you're near any interactable object :p

About the magma golem. There are various scenes with him:
3 of them give you the option to fight or surrender. You have to make sure to fight in all of them to get the final one :)

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - Chapter 1 Release Date Added!

The real use for the flashlight is to enable you to find a really random *subquest* that looks like nobody was able to find yet :D
What subquest, the one in spoiler? Going to try new version now, didn't checked this thread long time :)

The one where you need to save the dog?

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - Chapter 1 Release Date Added!

What subquest, the one in spoiler? Going to try new version now, didn't checked this thread long time :)

The one where you need to save the dog?
Yep, that's the one :D
(I also forgot to say that the flashlight is also important for other stuff like examining when there's too much darkness. But usually Mai will say something about it when you have to use it.)

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Really good game, I think you nailed PS1 era survival horror feel. But, can I suggest something? Do you use photoshop for pixelated scenes? If yes, then I'd recommend you to use a mosaic filter. This is how it's gonna look:
imgur.com/Jo5N7Cq
Also, UI sound effects kinda annoying.

Last edited:
OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Really good game, I think you nailed PS1 era survival horror feel. But, can I suggest something? Do you use photoshop for pixelated scenes? If yes, then I'd recommend you to use a mosaic filter. This is how it's gonna look:
imgur.com/Jo5N7Cq
Also, UI sound effects kinda annoying.
Thank you very much for your kind words :). I'm glad you liked it.

About the effect it's pretty good the one you achieved. How exactly you did it? The only thing i find on it it's maybe the lack of detail, it lose too much don't you think?

About the ui sounds, you mean for the high volume? if that so then let me inform you that the volume got already adjusted for the chapter 1 ^^

------

By the way i'm almost ready to show about what we've been working on recently. The patrons, already saw it and i think now it's time to make it public... I'll post again when ready :D

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It took me more than i expected but it's finally here :)

We've been very silent lately, the reason is that we're working on 3 BIG changes for the game which have slowed us down but not stopped us.

Let's talk about the status of the chapter 2:

- Programming: With the core systems already in place we're working now on programming the puzzles and the enemy "AI".

- Story: The script is almost finished. We hope this to be ready before the end of the month. The next step will be translate it into the game.

- Hentai CGs: This is the biggest affected part by the aforementioned 'big changes'. Not much to say just the first HCG is ready for render.

- Graphics: 50% of the graphics are already done. The other 50% are enemy graphics and some animations.

- Maps: Almost all the parallaxes are ready. The next step is to import them on RPG Maker and create the maps.

- Audio: All 'normal' SFX are ready, the OST is 50% done. We need to find some H sounds for the adult CGs.

- Translation: All common texts for every chapter and the new items are translated but the script remain intact in its original language.

Now it's time to talk about the new features:

1 of 3

H-Attacks

Something like this has been requested by people, so after making some researches we found our own way to include it on the game.
The battle system remains almost the same; what we've made is to add some attacks to some enemy types. So don't expect every enemy to be able to h-attack Mai (it would be impossible to achieve right now).

Another important detail: due to the advanced development of the battle system instead of adding sprite-based H-attacks, you'll enjoy CG-based H-attacks.

Please note, that this doesn't change our politics about the "do it bad to get rewarded" meaning there's no H-Game Over whatsoever.

2 of 3

Well we should call this "Change" instead of "feature".
This change has been a real hard to take decision, because it is: a complete graphic overhaul for the CGs.

The "why?"
  • We weren't very happy with the achieved quality...
  • ...Also our dinosaurs-era's PCs wouldn't let us improve the quality or try to achieve any better in a reasonable time span (8h+ for a single render is too much :/)
  • To be honest it was just "another game with 3d cgs" and we didn't wanted that. We wanted to have our very own style. Because we can't afford an artist to make drawings for us, we decided to make our kind of mix between 2D and 3D art style. At first it's been risky but right now we feel very comfortable with it.
  • Some people mentioned the CGs were very VERY dark and they couldn't see a thing.
  • Also we saw people that liked the game but ran away from that very generic 3D CGs. And because we wanted our very own style this gave us the "strength" we needed to take this important step.
  • The third Feature: We think this one has been the most important one

The "Pros"
  • We achieved our very own personal and original art style.
  • The render speed. With this new style we reduced drastically the render times (no more 8h+ waiting for a single render yay!).
  • Without this change it wouldn't be possible both new features 1 (H-attacks) and 3 (read below :p).
  • No more "darkness" renders. Now the renders have a cartoonish style of illumination and this prevents any kind of impossible-to-see-renders ^^.
  • A kind of mix between 2D and 3D we hope it'll attract more people.

The "Cons"
  • A Patron's only "cons"
  • This change like the other 2 features needs to be included in the Chapter 1. But this will require some time. So we decided we'll be updating it little by little after the release of the Chapter 2.

A thing we didn't mentioned but that you probably realized (if you visited our Patreon recently) is that we redesigned some bits of Mai :p. New hairstyle, new orange short sleeves instead of those problematic torus on her shoulders and an all new gloves design.

We really hope you like this new art style.

3 of 3

And the final new feature is... yeah: Animations.

Thanks to the new art style we can now add animations to the game.

This will be a mix between Static and Animated CGs. And if it's possible we'll be able to add animations to the H-Attacks too.

Note: The quality of this gif is not the final one. This is highly compressed to be able to upload it. There's also a lack of framerate in this gif.

We really hope you like this new feature ^^.

So that's all for now. Please keep in mind that the demo is still from the old version (no H-Attacks, no new CG style and no animations) sorry.

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - 3 NEW Features added (read lattest post)

Holy shit dude

I'm normally not too big a fan of the more realistically designed 3D models, but the [texures/shading?] gives this really neat "comic" aesthetic. I'm diggin' this new look, yo.

I hope a new demo comes out soon.

Last edited:

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really like this new look, only maybe colors are too bright for a horror game. But still pretty good.
How exactly you did it?
I can post PSD or action file if you interested.

Last edited:
OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Holy shit dude

I'm normally not too big a fan of the more realistically designed 3D models, but the [texures/shading?] gives this really neat "comic" aesthetic. I'm diggin' this new look, yo.

I hope a new demo comes out soon.
Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad you like it :)
We really wanted to get off of that "realistic" style and have our own style.

We're thinking about making a new demo or maybe updating that one with the new style. It'll probably depends on how much we have to work on the demo itself.

I really like this new look, only maybe colors are too bright for a horror game. But still pretty good.

I can post PSD or action file if you interested.
Thank you very much. I'm glad you like the new style. About the colors we maybe tweaking the brightness a bit as a postprocess.

And yeah, sorry to bother you with that but would be cool if you could post it. Thank you in advance :D

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - Now with Animated CGs, new art style and more!

I ran into a couple of interesting bugs. The first one isn't too bad, It hasn't really gotten in my way and it's easy to undo. If you exit combat mode (press "x") while holding down "shift," Mai stays in her combat stance in normal mode even when you left go of "shift." Just toggle combat mode on again and press shift to reset her animation to normal.

Next one made me kinda nervous: When you enter, and then immediately exit, a room where the Torturer is scripted to rape Mai, The scene starts but does not progress. I couldn't get it to work so I just exited to title and reloaded the save file. It didn't seem break anything since the game ran fine after that.

I found another one during last rape scene with the torturer. I stayed facing towards the blood-dripping cage when the scene started. When I pressed "z" when no dialogue was playing for the scene, Mai would interact with the cage and the "I don't want to watch this anymore!" dialogue would show up. The scene would proceed as normal and none of the dialogue seemed to be missing. Mai would just interact with the cage if no dialogue was already playing.

That's about it for the bugs for now.

Since I'm here, you guys planning on doing multiple endings? Because it seems like it's the sort of thing this kind of game would do.

Good luck with chapter 2!

Last edited:

Dole

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Need help to find the second lever.

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I ran into a couple of interesting bugs. The first one isn't too bad, It hasn't really gotten in my way and it's easy to undo. If you exit combat mode (press "x") while holding down "shift," Mai stays in her combat stance in normal mode even when you left go of "shift." Just toggle combat mode on again and press shift to reset her animation to normal.

Next one made me kinda nervous: When you enter, and then immediately exit, a room where to Torturer is scripted to rape Mai, The scene starts but does not progress. I couldn't get it to work so I just exited to title and reloaded the save file. It didn't seem break anything since the game ran fine after that.

I found another one during last rape scene with the torturer. I stayed facing towards the blood-dripping cage when the scene started. When I pressed "z" when no dialogue was playing for the scene, Mai would interact with the cage and the "I don't want to watch this anymore!" dialogue would show up. The scene would proceed as normal and none of the dialogue seemed to be missing. Mai would just interact with the cage if no dialogue was already playing.

That's about it for the bugs for now.

Since I'm here, you guys planning on doing multiple endings? Because it seems like it's the sort of thing this kind of game would do.

Good luck with chapter 2!
Thank you for reporting those bugs!

The first one (exiting combat mode while pressing shift) i found already a few days after the release... yeah my luck xD

Never realized about the second one because never tried to move, my bad. It's already in the todo list to be fixed.

The third one is added to the todo list aswell and i think the problem it's because we're using parallel process instead of automatic in the event firer. Should be easy to fix.

Also yeah, i can say we have plans on adding multiple endings :D

Thank you once again!

Need help to find the second lever.
Ok, let me know which one you found so i can help you find the other one :)

zhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Here is the file:

It might look different with your pictures. So, play with numbers, when needed.

Last edited:
OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Here is the file:
mega.nz/#!zUgmjAiQ!r0qyL1NiZkXUN2UPd9dYgmBXRGLBGrMvBTz4ihG1dgw
It might look different with your pictures. So, play with numbers, when needed.
Thank you very much! I'm already playing with it. The result is pretty good :D

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

\
Also yeah, i can say we have plans on adding multiple endings :D

Thank you once again!
No problem.

Now I can't wait to subject Mai to some super fucked-up scenarios with the hope of driving her into a super fucked-up ending.

MasterLovesKitty

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't find the "save the dog" thing. Any help please?

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I can't find the "save the dog" thing. Any help please?
Haha, as i said is a very random subquest...
You have to use the flashlight to find the strange magic circles to examine. There are a total of four in the chapter. 1 per zone. But additionally you have to find them in an specific order. This means that if you lose one you can't find the others. The first, second and third are easy to find (Mai's home, Motel Exterior and Warehouse). The fourth is a bit harder because it's in the biggest zone of the chapter... Just search for it carefully with your flashlight :D. As a tip: it's near the end of the chapter ^^

Something a bit special now...

This is the from other game we're working on (on our spare time of course; this doesn't affect Punished Mai development). But is basically starting and it is in unreal engine 4 (so this maybe means that we won't be able to finish it while we can't afford a new pc :( but still wanna try) that's why i didn't create a new topic for it. Just wanted to show something about it in here :)

Last edited:
OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

- What happened to the poor Mai? Maybe is she exhausted of working too much in the chapter 2? (we are, for sure :p) -

In a few days we'll give an update on the Chapter 2 progress.

In the meantime, we really want to know what you think about something important for us:
What do you think about Hentai Fan-Games?
Please take a few seconds to select your preffered option in the poll below (you can select more than one option).

Thank you very much for your time!

Regards <3

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hello everyone!

Let's talk about the status of the chapter 2:

• - Programming: Enemies' AI almost ready with just a few tweaks left. Puzzles and other 'events' are finished.
  • - Story: Script finished and already in-game at 100% (except for the HCGs that are counted separately ^^).
  • - Hentai CGs: One left and it's where we're spending all of our efforts right now. The rest are completely finished.
  • - Graphics: All the graphics are ready except for the H-Attacks.
  • - Maps: All maps finished, integrated, illuminated and fully functional in the game.
  • - Audio: OST finished and added to the game. As we sais in an earlier status report, we need to find some H sounds for the adult CGs.
  • - Translation: All text translated with just the last HCG of the chapter left.

With that said, what we expect is (at least) to launch the beta of Chapter 2 for Tester Reward Patrons and higher (10$+) throughout the next month. Will try it to be as soon as possible, to have possibility to completely finish the chapter before the end of the month.

And before saying goodbye, please remember that our survey is still active.
We want to know your opinion about Hentai Fan-Games
, so pay a visit to it and send your vote. Of course you can tell us about this and about the development of Punished Mai right here.

Don't hesitate to leave your thoughts. :D