What's new

Punished Mai v2.4.4

LFox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - Chapter 1 Release Date Added!

"Cheat" like me :)
I'd rather not need to since it gives the game a nice atmosphere but its just so dark so I probably will end up doing that.

soulmaster318

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'd rather not need to since it gives the game a nice atmosphere but its just so dark so I probably will end up doing that.
turn off Illumination will help the map lighter :)

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I know what you mean. You can try changing your display settings, like brightness and stuff. Maybe that will help.

turn off Illumination will help the map lighter :)
That's the "cheat" i was talking about :p

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Tried the demo and loved what I saw. The only issue I had is the game is dark, really dark. It wasn't too bad on other areas but in the cave I couldn't really see anything, the flashlight lights up so little that it's basically worthless. I think for the flashlight to be of any real use it would need to be about 2-3 times the size. So something like a 90 degree cone in front of you that lights up at least 3x4 squares ahead or larger.
I'm glad you liked :)
And sorry to hear it's too dark for you. I mean it's like i said before; dunno why but there's a per-user difference in the illumination :(
The problem with the flashlight is that with the way rpg maker handles surfaces it wouldn't be of much more help if it was bigger range. At the contrary it would generate some weird problems because there's no collision for the light so it would appear in front of things it shouldn't.
I know it sounds strange coming from the creator but right now if you can't pass a zone due to the darkness i really recommend you to "cheat" and turn off the lighting system from the pause menu.

The real use for the flashlight is to enable you to find a really random *subquest* that looks like nobody was able to find yet :D

By the way: for the "Early Access" and above Patrons, they should have (if everything goes as expected) access to the chapter 1 tomorrow :)

coufi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

hi, (sorry for my bad english) can you help me? i love this roleplay, but how to open the door? and how to take the code for the industrial warehouse, and for the message in the sewer (use flashlight, where is this?).

thnks a lot :confused::confused::confused:

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

hi, (sorry for my bad english) can you help me? i love this roleplay, but how to open the door? and how to take the code for the industrial warehouse, and for the message in the sewer (use flashlight, where is this?).

thnks a lot :confused::confused::confused:
Looks like you're a bit lost ^^. Dont' worry, i think that with only this help you'll be able to figure the rest out:
For the flashlight go to the home (not the motel) enter the room and look at the right piece of furniture.
Hope this help :)

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The real use for the flashlight is to enable you to find a really random *subquest* that looks like nobody was able to find yet :D
I have to correct myself. Apart from that subquest, the flashlight is also useful for other things some of them mandatory. An example is the piece of paper in the sewer :p

Also for the chapter 1 the underground cave has been brighten and looks like now should be very well visible for everyone without having to turn the lighting off.

In the next hour or so the "Early Access" and above patrons should get the link for the chapter. Sorry it's taking longer than expected.

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

Has the patreon support already gone trough? I only became one yesterday...

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Has the patreon support already gone trough? I only became one yesterday...
You mean the pledges? Right now it's still processing but i think 2 of the patrons from yesterday didn't got accounted for this month :/ just by a few hours. Dunno if you're one of them

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

I just recieved the PM, thanks.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So I tried this demo and cant say im a huge fan from a H perspective anyway. The only scene I was able to find was when she goes home and masterbates on her bed. The monsters dont fuck you, if you lose there is no scene. The guy does nothing but drives so far. IDK...

I think the game would be better if there was elements like armor breaking, monsters fucking you mid fight, GOR/ROL etc.. Much better with those

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So I tried this demo and cant say im a huge fan from a H perspective anyway. The only scene I was able to find was when she goes home and masterbates on her bed. The monsters dont fuck you, if you lose there is no scene. The guy does nothing but drives so far. IDK...

I think the game would be better if there was elements like armor breaking, monsters fucking you mid fight, GOR/ROL etc.. Much better with those
We thought about adding those but we decided this is not that kind of game. There's no *reward* for losing on the game. The H content (apart from some extra content like the bat) is all story related.
That's why we decided to keep it *clean* during the fights / game over.

I can say it's in our plans to make a game with that kind of features you mention but that will be after Punished Mai or at least with this one in a more advanced state. :)

soulmaster318

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

We thought about adding those but we decided this is not that kind of game. There's no *reward* for losing on the game. The H content (apart from some extra content like the bat) is all story related.
That's why we decided to keep it *clean* during the fights / game over.

I can say it's in our plans to make a game with that kind of features you mention but that will be after Punished Mai or at least with this one in a more advanced state. :)
So we cant avoid the "punishment"?

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

So we cant avoid the "punishment"?
Weel some "punishments" :D can be avoided and some others don't. The most important ones that have to happen for the story to progress aren't avoidable :)

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Punished Mai - Chapter 1 is Out!

Hello everyone!

The chapter 1 is finally released. So every patron that has pledged atleast once ( ) should already have the link to download it :)

I really hope you like it ^^

Also i forgot to mention that this is one the few rpg maker projects (as far as i am aware) that doesn't require any additional installed sh*t. This means no RTP dependency :D

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm stuck after putting the lever in the switch near the library, how do I solve the puzzle there:v?

DDragonMan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This actually does look pretty exciting. I'm not a huge fan of 3D cg but I gotta say this looks good.

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm stuck after putting the lever in the switch near the library, how do I solve the puzzle there:v?
A tip in case you didn't made through it yet: There are two levers. So you need another one. :) If you still can't make it just tell me and i'll help you better ^^

DDragonMan said:
This actually does look pretty exciting. I'm not a huge fan of 3D cg but I gotta say this looks good.
Thank you very much. I'd love to have 2D cg on it but we can't afford an artist just yet. In the meantime we're going to add a bit more of quality to the 3D.
Hopefully soon i'll be able to show something about this to see what i'm talking about :D

soulmaster318

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

i just pledged a few hours ago (could not pledge before 2/8 due to Chinese new year). Can i get a "reward" now or i have to wait till next month?

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

i just pledged a few hours ago (could not pledge before 2/8 due to Chinese new year). Can i get a "reward" now or i have to wait till next month?
Thank you very much! If you're the one who contacted us via patreon and tumblr then you got the answer already ^^.
If not then let me tell you that unfortunately and since it doesn't depend entirely on me since i'm not the *boss* on Versus X (even if i use that username lol) we're not sending the "rewards" out until at least one month is processed.
The alternative is to make the first payment now directly through paypal to get the "reward" right after its confirmed.

Sorry for that but that's the only way we can make it right now :(