What's new

[WIP - Full] Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

When do you presume that the translation is finished? :>
When it's finished. :p
In all honesty, even with help, it's questionable if this current project can 100% the translation. I want to try and get as much done as possible, though. Sooo.......y'know, when it's finished. :p

UrusaiSenpai

Sex Demon
Reputation score

When it's finished. :p
In all honesty, even with help, it's questionable if this current project can 100% the translation. I want to try and get as much done as possible, though. Sooo.......y'know, when it's finished. :p
Haha. Thanks for the reply though ^_^
Everyone that works on this project their work is much much appreciated.
Thanks for Translating the game :>

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So, I have this line:
全裸勇者、爆誕!!
There's a part where Demea tries to encourage Feena to fight naked against Orcs in the Abandoned Mine, the one next to Nozzle Village.
Should '爆誕' be translated as 'Explosive Birth' or 'Explosive rebirth'? Apparently, '爆誕' is slang, soooo........

djweish

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ha, bing translates it as "Naked Hero, 4EVER!!"

爆誕 seems to be used in places like the Japanese title of the Pokémon Movie 2000 (the one with Lugia). I guess it gives the implication that Lugia is bursting onto the scene to make its debut. "Explosive debut" might sound a bit more natural than "birth" in English, or you could do what bing does and localise it into something that gives the same feeling whilst not necessarily meaning 100% the same.

As for Birth/Rebirth - is this the first time Feena's had to fight naked? If it's a repeat of an earlier time she also had to fight naked, then Naked Hero Rebirth!/Return of the Naked Hero!/Naked Hero 2: Electric Boogaloo! or something might make sense. I don't know, it's up to you. ;)

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

^ +Rep to djweish. Very informative.

Got a PM from a user informing me that the current translation has 'stretching words'.
Has anyone else came across this? And where abouts in the game?

EDIT: Ignore that. It's just a font issue.

Last edited:
OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Currently tackling the Abandoned Mine, almost done. Probably around 70%, give or take.
The parts I haven't done are:
1. Demea explaining the mechanics of the game. (Mainly what the * means)
2. The conversation with the orc. (This one is a little lengthy, given the various outcomes.)
3. Saving Mariel from the orcs.
4. Getting caught by the orcs alongside Mariel.
5. Escaping the Abandoned Mine with Mariel.

Normally, I would include the H-scene into the list, but those are a bitch to tackle and are best handled last. (Especially when there are THREE of them)

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Thanks so much for your work on this. As far as you get will make this that much more enjoyable for everyone.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hmm...how should this narration be translated...?
たどり着いた洞窟では、オークたちが何体も待ち構えていた!
This is when Feena chooses to follow an orc deep into the Abandoned Mine and gets ambushed by plenty of orcs.
Is it saying something like, 'the orcs were waiting for her' or 'waiting for anybody'?

On a slightly different note, I'm almost done with the Abandoned Mine! :D Just need to finish Mariel's part and clean up the text and I can submit the update.

salking

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hmm...how should this narration be translated...?

This is when Feena chooses to follow an orc deep into the Abandoned Mine and gets ambushed by plenty of orcs.
Is it saying something like, 'the orcs were waiting for her' or 'waiting for anybody'?

On a slightly different note, I'm almost done with the Abandoned Mine! :D Just need to finish Mariel's part and clean up the text and I can submit the update.
I think it translates to something like:

"In the cave she entered, there where several orcs lying in wait (for anybody)".

Or maybe better.

"When she arrived at the cave, there where several orcs lying in wait".

I don't think the "for anybody" part is necessary in the translation though.

Also, while Sheena is not specifically mentioned in that line, I think it's fine to translate it as I did

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

^ Thank you, salking~! Big help!

Update time! Only two this time.
1. 97% of the Abandoned Mine has been fully translated! (The other 3% is the three H-scenes. Will definitely take awhile to tackle)
2. Some small parts have been partially translated, mainly the bar where Feena can dance. I haven't cleaned up the text, so I'll come back to it later.

And that's it for this update!

So I was browsing 4Chan again and, according to the users over there, they were hoping for m1zuki to translate this game, but claimed m1zuki stopped when I announced I was gonna try and tackle it. (And now my guts are hated.)
Does that make me the antichrist of Princess Sacrifice's English translation? :/ Do they want me to stop translating this because it's not m1zuki handling it...?

Last edited:

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So I was browsing 4Chan again and, according to the users over there, they were hoping for m1zuki to translate this game, but claimed m1zuki stopped when I announced I was gonna try and tackle it. (And now my guts are hated.)
Does that make me the antichrist of Princess Sacrifice's English translation? :/ Do they want me to stop translating this because it's not m1zuki handling it...?
I still love you. This just means our beloved Mizuki can translate other games! :)

The more the merrier, right? XD

And oh crap... I just read m1zuki might retire... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, they can suck it up and deal with you providing a free translation, instead of m1zuki. Frankly, they're just being entitled little shits.

markyansuki

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

how to apply the name plate patches. other patch are working aside the name plates.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

how to apply the name plate patches. other patch are working aside the name plates.
Put the folder inside the folder titled 'グラフィック'. It's really just copy-&-paste.

markyansuki

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Put the folder inside the folder titled 'グラフィック'. It's really just copy-&-paste.
thanks you, can i put other patch there as well?

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

can i put other patch there as well?
If you want to break your game or have nothing happen at all, then go right ahead. :)

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Oh boy, I didn't realise 'till now that the Scenes in the main menu has their own set of texts and descriptions when not unlocked. What makes this even worse is that the descriptions are in separate files, mostly in files where the scenes happen. Which means I have to find them, one after another.

Joy!

:(

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Nobody is translating PS, the guy who was doing it died, the next guy started then quit like a week later, and that one anon that did the clymenia games looked at it and just gave up immediately
So...am I the one who gave up? I feel like I'm the one who gave up. :/