What's new

[WIP - Full] Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

I'm glad to see that this is being revisited to at the very least brush up the translation. I think that for the game is pretty much able to be completed as it is, but there's one thing that would make the quality of life so much nicer. That would be having the equipment slot appended to the end of equipment in shops be translated. Personally, the slot that an item goes into in this game isn't always immediately obvious to me so it'd be nice to know what slot it would replace. These kinds of translations with decrypting files and re-packaging them and such are a bit out of my scope so I always appreciate it when someone is able to work with it.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

That would be having the equipment slot appended to the end of equipment in shops be translated. Personally, the slot that an item goes into in this game isn't always immediately obvious to me so it'd be nice to know what slot it would replace.
Bad news on that part - translating them into English takes up a lot of space and effectively ruins the display in shops. The Japanese name for their equipment type ranges between two to three characters.

[Equipment]
Weapon
Armor
Head
Clothes
Limbs
Decorative
Underwear
Tendency

[Items]
Consumable

[Treasure]
Treasure (Or Valuables, according to my findings...)

Unless I can shorten these names to just two or three characters, there is absolutely no way the equipment type names in Japanese can be translated.

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd note that if you go Valuables instead of Treasure, you can use 1 letter initials without ambiguity. Not sure if that would look good (maybe something like ""), but it's possible. Also not sure what "Tendency" could be as an Item, so maybe that's not translated quite right (unless it's something that's not really an item, but just represented as one).

The other, more complex, solution would be to use symbols via some kind of font-hack (i.e. using a font editor to rewrite a few of the glyphs to appropriate symbols), or maybe using unicode glyphs (again with an appropriate font).

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I'd note that if you go Valuables instead of Treasure, you can use 1 letter initials without ambiguity. Not sure if that would look good (maybe something like ""), but it's possible.

I'll note 'Valuables' down.
Oh, BTW, I'm not very good with abbreviation. (Which is why I brought up the issue regarding the equipment type names.)

Also not sure what "Tendency" could be as an Item, so maybe that's not translated quite right (unless it's something that's not really an item, but just represented as one).
It's not an item. It's for Feena's peeing and lactating tendencies.

The other, more complex, solution would be to use symbols via some kind of font-hack (i.e. using a font editor to rewrite a few of the glyphs to appropriate symbols), or maybe using unicode glyphs (again with an appropriate font).
As far as I can tell from my tinkering, it's impossible to change fonts. (Colour may be an option, but I haven't tested that yet)
I haven't tried unicode glyphs, though. I'll look into this and report back when done.

EDIT: Back. Unicode glyphs are not an option.

Last edited:

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Bad news on that part - translating them into English takes up a lot of space and effectively ruins the display in shops. The Japanese name for their equipment type ranges between two to three characters.

[Equipment]
Weapon
Armor
Head
Clothes
Limbs
Decorative
Underwear
Tendency

[Items]
Consumable

[Treasure]
Treasure (Or Valuables, according to my findings...)

Unless I can shorten these names to just two or three characters, there is absolutely no way the equipment type names in Japanese can be translated.
[Equipment]
WPN
ARM
HD
CTS/CLT
LMB
DCR
UDR
TND

[Items]
CON

[Treasure]
TRS

And meybe into the readme the "translation"

WPN = Weapon
ARM = Armor

Obviously these are just ideas

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Back from switching out the Japanese equipment type names for their English type names.
...the game couldn't load the equipment.

Cheats, shops, and menu fail to display the equipment.
In order words, this attempt was a bust. (Kinda expected this from a mile away)
Gonna revert back to a previous set of files.

Last edited:

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Back from switching out the Japanese equipment type names for their English type names.
...the game couldn't load the equipment.

Cheats, shops, and menu fail to display the equipment.
In order words, this attempt was a bust. (Kinda expected this from a mile away)
Gonna revert back to a previous set of files.
That sucks. So it sounds like there are some limitations within the game engine as to what you're able to do then?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It sounds like this is due to the chests referencing the items by name, and so if an item's name changes then the chest containing the item must also change. Nor a particularly smart way of programming things, to be sure.

Maybe I should work on shoehorning this game into RPGMaker Trans after all... (It would fix this kind of issue...)

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It sounds like this is due to the chests referencing the items by name, and so if an item's name changes then the chest containing the item must also change. Nor a particularly smart way of programming things, to be sure.
I don't think that's the case. But, then again, I haven't resorted to all my options, so unless I cross that bridge and burn them all, I'll just believe I missed something.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Done crossing the bridge.
I fixed the issue. Turns out, I had to translate this one character that was located next to equipment, but also happens to exist elsewhere. (Also, this is a reminder for myself. I'll never remember this)
Example: Sundress【服】 - translating the character itself is not enough, otherwise the game cannot display the name. The character 【服】 must be found and translated as well.
Simples.
Oh, BTW. As far as testing is concerned, it's safe to say...don't bother translating this or anything related: 【服】外す. The game functions fine, both ENG and JPN.

Moving on, now. :)

EDIT: Oh, it looks weird. The abbreviations will definitely need some work down the line.

RE-EDIT: Ah, I can't access the Valuables/Treasures after changing stuff. I'll need to roll back the files and figure out the issue.

Last edited:

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Done crossing the bridge.
I fixed the issue. Turns out, I had to translate this one character that was located next to equipment, but also happens to exist elsewhere. (Also, this is a reminder for myself. I'll never remember this)
Example: Sundress【服】 - translating the character itself is not enough, otherwise the game cannot display the name. The character 【服】 must be found and translated as well.
Simples.
Oh, BTW. As far as testing is concerned, it's safe to say...don't bother translating this or anything related: 【服】外す. The game functions fine, both ENG and JPN.

Moving on, now. :)

EDIT: Oh, it looks weird. The abbreviations will definitely need some work down the line.

RE-EDIT: Ah, I can't access the Valuables/Treasures after changing stuff. I'll need to roll back the files and figure out the issue.
What's the problem with the abbreviations? The name aren't good? or they must be long only 2 words?

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

What's the problem with the abbreviations? The name aren't good? or they must be long only 2 words?
It's nothing. I'm just used to seeing the Japanese characters instead of English.
Anywho, I'm not sure why, but changing 'Treasures' to 'Valuables' causes the Key Items to be inaccessible. So we're gonna have to keep it as 'Treasures' for the time being.
Also, all the type names have been edited into English. Game still works, both Feena wearing them, selling them, stealing them, inspecting them, and shopping for them.

Truly, progress is being made. :D (Expect for the plot...)

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's nothing. I'm just used to seeing the Japanese characters instead of English.
Anywho, I'm not sure why, but changing 'Treasures' to 'Valuables' causes the Key Items to be inaccessible. So we're gonna have to keep it as 'Treasures' for the time being.
Also, all the type names have been edited into English. Game still works, both Feena wearing them, selling them, stealing them, inspecting them, and shopping for them.

Truly, progress is being made. :D (Expect for the plot...)
Good to know :)

And by the way, i did some small changes on the abbreviation meybe those sound better... Your choice :)

[Equipment]
WPN --->WPN/WP
CTS/CLT ---> CLT
DCR ---> DEC/DE
UDR ---> UND/UW
TND ---> TEN/TE

[Items]
CON ----> CON/CO

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

[Equipment]
Weapon = WPN
Head = HD
Clothes = CL
Armor = AR
Limbs = LB
Decorative = DEC
Underwear = UW

[Items]
CONS

[Treasure]
TRS

These are the chosen abbreviations. (Tendency doesn't count. I wasn't thinking straight at the time, but thank you for helping, Black)
Although, 'CONS' is a bit debatable. (I may be looking too deep into it and there is nothing wrong with the abbreviation)

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

[Equipment]
Weapon = WPN
Head = HD
Clothes = CL
Armor = AR
Limbs = LB
Decorative = DEC
Underwear = UW

[Items]
CONS

[Treasure]
TRS

These are the chosen abbreviations. (Tendency doesn't count. I wasn't thinking straight at the time, but thank you for helping, Black)
Although, 'CONS' is a bit debatable. (I may be looking too deep into it and there is nothing wrong with the abbreviation)
CONS is even better than CON or CO.
You are welcome, I'm happy to be of help in my small ^^

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I keep. FORGETTING. This. KEY. ASPECT!!!! GAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! And I'm not even sure if the people who played this game even knows about it!

The Journal. The fucking Journal in the TREASURE section! Does anyone know if this thing works? Does it *note* anything?! The text does exist in the files, but I can never get one of them to show up in the Journal! (Hopefully, I'm not misinterpreting this)

EDIT: Whoa, I now look stupid with this. XD Ignore this, everyone. Nothing to see~~

Last edited:
OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Normally, I don't bring this up unless it's an update or I need help on something, but how would one deal with censorship?
I'm asking because I found the word 'vagina' getting censored. (And it's in the game)
It uses an 'O' of some sort to replace the character/letter. So should I keep it or replace the 'O' with something else, like an 'X'? Or lines like these '----'?

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not sure about the exact context but wouldn't just using an English euphemism for vagina work?

hyperk2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Normally, I don't bring this up unless it's an update or I need help on something, but how would one deal with censorship?
I'm asking because I found the word 'vagina' getting censored. (And it's in the game)
It uses an 'O' of some sort to replace the character/letter. So should I keep it or replace the 'O' with something else, like an 'X'? Or lines like these '----'?
I've seen this before, and let's be real, they obviously don't need to make those kinds of word censorships. I see it as a stylistic choice, like bleeping out a swear word because it's funny. So ultimately, I think you can leave it as is and just something like vagXna or just leave it out, as long as the person reading it is going to know what you're talking about. Personally, I would take it out and just write it normally.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Thank you for the advice, hyperk2~!

Next is...!
'Enemy Name' は隙を見せている。
Having a little trouble with this one. It's context is related to battle, where a dizzy icon appears on an enemy after they have blown their load on Feena or used her as a meat urinal.
Can't tell how I should translate this. (Or its meaning, for that matter)
Hope everyone can help~
_____は我に返った。
I haven't found out what this one is, but this and the one above are the last to be translated. (For one file, anyways) I was hoping I could tackle it myself since I need to do my part as well, but the context eludes me.

Last edited: