What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Abyss 0.5 (Updated July 3rd, 2016)

Whats your recommendation, should i continue from my old save or start over?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Abyss 0.5 (Updated July 3rd, 2016)

Whats your recommendation, should i continue from my old save or start over?
If you've played The Tower then you should be able to continue from your old save. If not, then it's probably not compatible.

Regardless, if you haven't played The Tower yet, then it's well worth starting over because that's where the majority of the new stuff is at. You should be able to play The Abyss to the end of Kendra's quest now as well, but I'm not 100% sure of that (considering there could be bugs that I have missed).

The Abyss is still a bit of a mess, so I would suggest keeping a save just before you finish The Tower. Just in case. I don't think there are are any severe issues there, but I don't really know. I haven't even fully tested Sienna's children's quests yet (but most should be do-able).

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If you've played The Tower then you should be able to continue from your old save. If not, then it's probably not compatible.

Regardless, if you haven't played The Tower yet, then it's well worth starting over because that's where the majority of the new stuff is at. You should be able to play The Abyss to the end of Kendra's quest now as well, but I'm not 100% sure of that (considering there could be bugs that I have missed).

The Abyss is still a bit of a mess, so I would suggest keeping a save just before you finish The Tower. Just in case. I don't think there are are any severe issues there, but I don't really know. I haven't even fully tested Sienna's children's quests yet (but most should be do-able).
Alright ill replay The Tower again and make a save before exit and keep it. Hopefully it doesnt take as long as before. Back in the day i reached a point where i just did the chopping board thing and went to sleep to pass days.

I still have some bad memories from The Tower, mostly related to annoying bosses. I strongly remember the one where you had to light all fires like what.... 3 times in total and there were 8-12ish flames or somehting?

Also do you think its possible to add a more "standard" alchemy crafting menu? To make crafting stuff in bluks/faster. Having to craft a bunch of antidotes or tonics is a pain.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Alright ill replay The Tower again and make a save before exit and keep it. Hopefully it doesnt take as long as before. Back in the day i reached a point where i just did the chopping board thing and went to sleep to pass days.
Everything should be faster now. You can even choose to sleep until certain times (like dinner). You can also pass some time in the gambler's den.

I still have some bad memories from The Tower, mostly related to annoying bosses. I strongly remember the one where you had to light all fires like what.... 3 times in total and there were 8-12ish flames or somehting?
That sounds like the giant skeleton in The Abyss. I have not updated him yet, so he is still a hassle. Hopefully I can get him updated/easier for the next update.

Also do you think its possible to add a more "standard" alchemy crafting menu? To make crafting stuff in bluks/faster. Having to craft a bunch of antidotes or tonics is a pain.
I redid the tonic and antidote crafting and got rid of the text menu, basically converting it into another mini-game like the chopping board and such. Later, in The Abyss, I might have an option to bulk craft them.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Everything should be faster now. You can even choose to sleep until certain times (like dinner). You can also pass some time in the gambler's den.

That sounds like the giant skeleton in The Abyss. I have not updated him yet, so he is still a hassle. Hopefully I can get him updated/easier for the next update.

I redid the tonic and antidote crafting and got rid of the text menu, basically converting it into another mini-game like the chopping board and such. Later, in The Abyss, I might have an option to bulk craft them.
Bulk crafting is going to be wonderfull.

Im looking forward to the nerf of that guy. Since i dont think using cheat engine will help me for that anyway.

Cant extract the game btw. The exe file freezes and when i try use winrar it asks for a 2nd volume. 7zip also says that the game.rgss2a file is damaged.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll download both the mega and 4 shared versions and see if they work for me.

I'm wondering if the exe is too large now (50% bigger than the last version, due to too much new music).

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'll download both the mega and 4 shared versions and see if they work for me.

I'm wondering if the exe is too large now (50% bigger than the last version, due to too much new music).
I tireed extracting with 7zip and it returned with damaged game file. Maybe the exe freezes because the file itself is damaged?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry. It seems even my initial file is corrupt. I wish I had tested it before uploading. >.<

Guess I will try again.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Sorry. It seems even my initial file is corrupt. I wish I had tested it before uploading. >.<

Guess I will try again.
No problem. Happens to everyone.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can't seem to get it to compile the game. I'll remove the files for now and try to fix it later. Sorry everyone!

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Can't seem to get it to compile the game. I'll remove the files for now and try to fix it later. Sorry everyone!
By the way now that the abyss out is the "reward" for killing all of the tutorial monsters avaiable?

Also cant you leave it uncomplied? Like people do with partials you extract the game file and rename/delete it.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

By the way now that the abyss out is the "reward" for killing all of the tutorial monsters avaiable?

Also cant you leave it uncomplied? Like people do with partials you extract the game file and rename/delete it.
I might consider that. The only problem is I don't really feel comfortable leaving the game open to be edited because of some storyline spoilers.

I just removed all the game music and everything worked fine (aside from crashing due to missing music files, of course).

It might be one particular file. I'm going to remove a 10 MB music file and try again. It's not possible to reach that point in the current build anyway, so it won't hurt anything if I leave it out.

Edit: I figured something out. I just used the extracted game that does work (the one without music) and combined it with the version that didn't work (deleted everything but the music folder).
Anyway, will reupload soon. The zipped file is bigger, but at least it works.

Edit 2:

Done! Here are the new links:
Mega (non-zipped) (version 1B Abyss 0.5):
4Shared (non-zipped) (version 1B Abyss 0.5):

Last edited:

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I might consider that. The only problem is I don't really feel comfortable leaving the game open to be edited because of some storyline spoilers.

I just removed all the game music and everything worked fine (aside from crashing due to missing music files, of course).

It might be one particular file. I'm going to remove a 10 MB music file and try again. It's not possible to reach that point in the current build anyway, so it won't hurt anything if I leave it out.

Edit: I figured something out. I just used the extracted game that does work (the one without music) and combined it with the version that didn't work (deleted everything but the music folder).
Anyway, will reupload soon. The zipped file is bigger, but at least it works.

Edit 2:

Done! Here are the new links:
Mega (non-zipped) (version 1B Abyss 0.5):
4Shared (non-zipped) (version 1B Abyss 0.5):
So it still has music?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So it still has music?
Short answer: Yes.

Sorry my post was a bit confusing.

Longer, probably unnecessary (and still confusing) answer:
There is one music file missing in the zip file, but it's not needed for this version.

I believe large music files were corrupting the game when I was telling RPG Maker to compress the game. Strangely enough, the music files were all intact in the extracted (but otherwise corrupt) game folder.

When I removed the music (I put it in a safe folder, to test my theory) the compressed exe file would actually extract properly. Theory confirmed.

So here's what I did:
Step 1: Extracted corrupt game with intact music files - Gutted it, removed all files and folders EXCEPT for the music files and appropriate folders.

Step 2: Extracted game without music files - Extracted to the same folder. Music files are now intact.

Step 3: Extracted working game with music files - Put in a zip file, uploaded.

So when you download the game you'll just need to unzip the whole game folder and the game will already be ready to run.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Short answer: Yes.

Sorry my post was a bit confusing.

Longer, probably unnecessary (and still confusing) answer:
There is one music file missing in the zip file, but it's not needed for this version.

I believe large music files were corrupting the game when I was telling RPG Maker to compress the game. Strangely enough, the music files were all intact in the extracted (but otherwise corrupt) game folder.

When I removed the music (I put it in a safe folder, to test my theory) the compressed exe file would actually extract properly. Theory confirmed.

So here's what I did:
Step 1: Extracted corrupt game with intact music files - Gutted it, removed all files and folders EXCEPT for the music files and appropriate folders.

Step 2: Extracted game without music files - Extracted to the same folder. Music files are now intact.

Step 3: Extracted working game with music files - Put in a zip file, uploaded.

So when you download the game you'll just need to unzip the whole game folder and the game will already be ready to run.
Why not split the music file into 2 parts if its that big? Or reduce the bitrate if possible? Surely if its 320kbps a 128kbps would be smaller in size.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The two offending music files will be converted from .ogg to .mp3 format in future releases. That should take care of the problem since the new files will only be about 1/4 of the original size.
(about 2.5 MB as opposed to the original 10 MB)

I might convert all the other music files as well. It would help the file size a lot.

Along with that, if the compressing process continues to give me trouble then I will just have an alternate zipped music file for download.

I'm not sure about the bitrate but I'll look into changing it if possible.
Edit: It's 128kbps bitrate by default, so I can't reduce it any further.
Even if I do reduce the quality of the sound any further, the file size isn't reduced any.
I would need to change it to midi to reduce it more and Audacity doesn't seem to be capable of that.

Last edited:

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The two offending music files will be converted from .ogg to .mp3 format in future releases. That should take care of the problem since the new files will only be about 1/4 of the original size.
(about 2.5 MB as opposed to the original 10 MB)

I might convert all the other music files as well. It would help the file size a lot.

Along with that, if the compressing process continues to give me trouble then I will just have an alternate zipped music file for download.

I'm not sure about the bitrate but I'll look into changing it if possible.
Edit: It's 128kbps bitrate by default, so I can't reduce it any further.
Even if I do reduce the quality of the sound any further, the file size isn't reduced any.
I would need to change it to midi to reduce it more and Audacity doesn't seem to be capable of that.
Somehow when you mentioned MIDI i wish someone made a retro RPG with MIDIs.

Im glad you found solution. Now im curious whats the 10mb sound filed used for. Dungeon background sound?

Ill be playing trough it later. Anything particular you want me to see if works without problems?

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Somehow when you mentioned MIDI i wish someone made a retro RPG with MIDIs.

Im glad you found solution. Now im curious whats the 10mb sound filed used for. Dungeon background sound?

Ill be playing trough it later. Anything particular you want me to see if works without problems?
Both of the 10MB sounds are used for boss fights. The one I left in is used for several new bosses, but the other will only be for special bosses (or maybe just the one. I haven't decided yet).

The Tower in particular needs thorough testing. If there's any bugs there then I definitely want to know about them.

There are a couple issues there I still need to fix regarding Adivia's pregnancy, but I would like confirmation that the following is possible (though strange): Get pregnant after giving birth to Vallerie (should be possible through a variety of ways), then get the event near the end of The Tower where is raped in a dream sequence. There should be another ding indicating pregnancy, yet again. Then, after completing The Tower, see if Sienna is still pregnant. I think I forgot to remove that during the time lapse.

The Abyss also needs to be thoroughly checked. Let me know if you find any of the following:
1: Ink (which will actually just give you more hourglasses)
2: Save spots that require ink (which will remove your hourglass).
3: Outdated Sienna portraits that ask you to report them.
4: Bosses that are too easy, too difficult, etc..

I don't think I ever increased the regular monsters' damage, life, etc.. in The Abyss so they might be a real pushover after The Tower.

The merchant's gambling system will probably give you ink from time to time, as well as gobs of food and such. Likely very imbalanced despite being intended as a gamble.
I probably should have disabled it as it's hard telling what issues he might cause.

Another problem I can think of is that I need to add more methods of obtaining fertilizer.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Both of the 10MB sounds are used for boss fights. The one I left in is used for several new bosses, but the other will only be for special bosses (or maybe just the one. I haven't decided yet).

The Tower in particular needs thorough testing. If there's any bugs there then I definitely want to know about them.

There are a couple issues there I still need to fix regarding Adivia's pregnancy, but I would like confirmation that the following is possible (though strange): Get pregnant after giving birth to Vallerie (should be possible through a variety of ways), then get the event near the end of The Tower where is raped in a dream sequence. There should be another ding indicating pregnancy, yet again. Then, after completing The Tower, see if Sienna is still pregnant. I think I forgot to remove that during the time lapse.

The Abyss also needs to be thoroughly checked. Let me know if you find any of the following:
1: Ink (which will actually just give you more hourglasses)
2: Save spots that require ink (which will remove your hourglass).
3: Outdated Sienna portraits that ask you to report them.
4: Bosses that are too easy, too difficult, etc..

I don't think I ever increased the regular monsters' damage, life, etc.. in The Abyss so they might be a real pushover after The Tower.

The merchant's gambling system will probably give you ink from time to time, as well as gobs of food and such. Likely very imbalanced despite being intended as a gamble.
I probably should have disabled it as it's hard telling what issues he might cause.

Another problem I can think of is that I need to add more methods of obtaining fertilizer.
How would you get pregnant again after giving birth to Vallerie? Did you add a way to have sex with npcs?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How would you get pregnant again after giving birth to Vallerie? Did you add a way to have sex with npcs?
Monsters, the gambler's den, temptation & intoxication events (with certain NPCs), etc.. You can also use the whistle? item after Dillon is gone for a sexual encounter.
The chance of getting pregnant isn't very high though, so it might require repeated attempts.