What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Abyss 0.5 (Updated July 3rd, 2016)

Monsters, the gambler's den, temptation & intoxication events (with certain NPCs), etc.. You can also use the whistle? item after Dillon is gone for a sexual encounter.
The chance of getting pregnant isn't very high though, so it might require repeated attempts.
One other question. Story wise all the children you had in the tower are grown ups now after the events of the tower. Can you recruit them in your groups. Or only the "new" children can?

Also one wierd thing i remember from the tower version in one of the secret "dungeons" outside the house in the tutorial has a slime that runs away. Whats the deal?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Abyss 0.5 (Updated July 3rd, 2016)

One other question. Story wise all the children you had in the tower are grown ups now after the events of the tower. Can you recruit them in your groups. Or only the "new" children can?
It's only been several years, so they're all about 7 to 9 years old. You'll be able to recruit them after the next time lapse (which will happen after you finish Kendra's big quest).

Also one wierd thing i remember from the tower version in one of the secret "dungeons" outside the house in the tutorial has a slime that runs away. Whats the deal?
Actually I forgot about that. I have plans for it though so it will probably show up as a boss fight at some point. So that I won't forget it again I'll make a note of it in my dialogue/story file.

In the Abyss:
I also just remembered I gave Bondi some different dialogue when you go to fight the bat. I probably need to fix that up a bit since some lines are a bit weird, out of place, and/or possibly confusing.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's only been several years, so they're all about 7 to 9 years old. You'll be able to recruit them after the next time lapse (which will happen after you finish Kendra's big quest).

Actually I forgot about that. I have plans for it though so it will probably show up as a boss fight at some point. So that I won't forget it again I'll make a note of it in my dialogue/story file.

In the Abyss:
I also just remembered I gave Bondi some different dialogue when you go to fight the bat. I probably need to fix that up a bit since some lines are a bit weird, out of place, and/or possibly confusing.
So i presume you can get different children now in the abyss and those are immediately recruitable when grow up?

Quick question: Why didnt you use save anywhere system like most rpgs do? Any particluar reason why the current one was chosen?

Oh god slimes in the tower. No AOE abilites. It hurts.

Uh oh. First check up after arriving in tower. Stuck in endless loop of checkups.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So i presume you can get different children now in the abyss and those are immediately recruitable when grow up?
Nadie, Vallerie, Charlene, Clarinda, Adivia, and Marissa will all be available to join your party after the next time lapse (which isn't in the game yet). The unnamed sprites that you find at the beginning are basically just equipment. You'll also be able to have more of them at some point (when I get pregnancy fixed better).

Quick question: Why didnt you use save anywhere system like most rpgs do? Any particluar reason why the current one was chosen?
I just felt like save points make the game more rewarding, plus I was hoping that it would avoid situations where you might get next to a monster that keeps killing you every time you reload.

Oh god slimes in the tower. No AOE abilites. It hurts.
I would suggest avoiding any enemies that irritate you for now. It's not necessary to kill everything.

Uh oh. First check up after arriving in tower. Stuck in endless loop of checkups.
Well that sucks. :( I'll try to check on it tomorrow. I don't think I'll have time tonight. I guess I should have playtested before releasing an update.

Edit: July 5th at 1:52 PM
I found the problem that was causing the infinite checkup loop. Apparently the time kept getting set back to 1080 (instead of going to 1090, as it should have been). Oops..
Also noticed another issue (secret Shrome room taking you to The Abyss) that I took care of.

I'll probably try to fix some other things before uploading again.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Here's a patch for all the latest issues:

IMPORTANT: Copy over previous version's folder. This version/patch will not function without a previous version's music files.

Mega (non-zipped) (version 1B Abyss 0.5):
4Shared (non-zipped) (version 1B Abyss 0.5):

Patch notes:
The Tower:

Repaired nightly checkups (no more infinite loop of checkups).

Fixed the secret Shrome room (no longer teleports you to the wrong one in The Abyss).
This meant that the Mushroom King would not talk to you because you did not have the correct item.
Speaking to him should now properly convert your Novice Wand to an Advanced Wand.

The Abyss:

Repaired no-clipping mode being activated right after the time lapse.
If you're still in no-clip mode, you can fix this by using a door (one that doesn't move you to a different map).

Grab bags temporarily disabled.

Selling of daily ink has been modified. You can now purchase a new hourglass if you lose your last one.
You won't see the offer unless you don't have one.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The two offending music files will be converted from .ogg to .mp3 format in future releases. That should take care of the problem since the new files will only be about 1/4 of the original size.
[...]
I'm not sure about the bitrate but I'll look into changing it if possible.
Edit: It's 128kbps bitrate by default, so I can't reduce it any further.
Ogg files, like MP3 files, can exist at any choice of bitrate. You should be able just to convert from a higher-bitrate ogg to a lower-bitrate ogg.

Further, ogg has more "sound quality" for a given bitrate than mp3 (and about the same as m4a/aac), so it should sound better for equal sized "ogg" and "mp3" files. (Try saving it at a lower quality in audacity)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Since it did not actually fix the problem anyway I will probably switch back to the original .ogg files for the final release. Assuming I don't forget, of course. I doubt using many more of the larger files than what I already have, so switching back to the original files shouldn't be a problem. Plus I don't even have to change anything in the game itself if the file names are exactly the same, aside from the extension.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I seem to be stuck upon leaving the tower in the event where you get given a small gem bag and some clothes, last things she says is "A shop?" and then faces the wall and does not give back control.

By they way, excellent game so far. The mini game boss battles are quite fun and i find the story interesting.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I seem to be stuck upon leaving the tower in the event where you get given a small gem bag and some clothes, last things she says is "A shop?" and then faces the wall and does not give back control.
That's strange. I don't know what could be causing that. She should go over, look at the gray wall, and then start heading South. I'll try and play through the game myself soon and maybe I can get a clearer picture of why that's happening.

By they way, excellent game so far. The mini game boss battles are quite fun and i find the story interesting.
Thanks. Sorry about The Abyss still not being accessible. Hopefully I can get it fixed soon.

Reputation score

Hi, I've just recently downloaded this and I'm having troubles with the game freezing near the beginning of the game.

For some reason, when I'm trying to interact with the small twigs or mushrooms (ones blocking the bridge) the game freezes. It also freezes at a black screen when I try to interact with the bucket in the house.

Are there files I'm missing? I have the rtp installed and the game is able to run for the most part.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hi, I've just recently downloaded this and I'm having troubles with the game freezing near the beginning of the game.

For some reason, when I'm trying to interact with the small twigs or mushrooms (ones blocking the bridge) the game freezes. It also freezes at a black screen when I try to interact with the bucket in the house.

Are there files I'm missing? I have the rtp installed and the game is able to run for the most part.
It does sound like a possible RTP issue (missing sounds), but did you get both the zip (needed for music) and exe (patch) versions of Abyss 0.5?

I would suggest downloading and installing the VX RTP again.

Edit: I've been experimenting a bit with making an animated foot job sprite. It's kinda bleh so far. Maybe I can work on it more tomorrow.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think I waste entirely too much time on pictures that I'm probably going to have to replace anyway.

I muddled the outline on her legs a bit much. It's not too horrible I suppose.
At least it will make a good reference image and placeholder. :D

I think I should have shaded the semen a bit near her instep.

(This was cropped and stuff. The original image the legs are from is by Miyama Kannon. I forget where the penis is from.)

I'll try to post a gif of her animated foot job sprite whenever I get it fixed properly.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. Ver: CB Abyss 0.65 (Updated Sept 13th, 20

I believe the Closed Beta Abyss version 0.65 is relatively bug free for the most part, so I'm going to go ahead and release it. I've posted the links in the OP. Enjoy! :D

Please let me know of any bugs, glitches, etc.. that you find.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. Ver: CB Abyss 0.65 (Updated Sept 13th, 20

I think I checked this game out a few years ago, but I stopped playing because the save points were spaced too far apart for the amount of time I had free. I think you had to spend items to use them too. Is that still true?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think I checked this game out a few years ago, but I stopped playing because the save points were spaced too far apart for the amount of time I had free. I think you had to spend items to use them too. Is that still true?
You no longer need ink to save. If you do find any save points that ask for ink (or any ink) then please let me know. I've done away with that "feature". :)

The save points are still kinda sparse, but there's always one outside a boss room and one in your room. After the tutorial you can quickly return to your room at any time by using the "whistle?" item or, later while in The Abyss, the safety spell.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Found some bugs;

In one of the first tower bosses, the black dog thing in the room with two statues, when it charges at you and hits you it freezes in place and starts blinking red as it would when you should attack it, but it stays that way and interacting with it drops your health.

Doing the scene in the room of perverts while Dillon is still around leads to Sienna propositioning him for sex, which leads to a black screen you can't get rid unless you use the whistle which will then have the event play properly.

After Dillon is gone the scene where the guards take you to the checkup is broken and you do not get moved to the lab and the doctor isn't there if you want over. You can unstuck the event by doing the job in the lab (which then has actors passing through walls and such, but at least you can progress)

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Found some bugs;

In one of the first tower bosses, the black dog thing in the room with two statues, when it charges at you and hits you it freezes in place and starts blinking red as it would when you should attack it, but it stays that way and interacting with it drops your health.
That's probably one of the worst boss fights in the game anyway. Maybe I should just change it to a turn based fight. Would anyone miss it?

Doing the scene in the room of perverts while Dillon is still around leads to Sienna propositioning him for sex, which leads to a black screen you can't get rid unless you use the whistle which will then have the event play properly.
Thanks. I'll make a note of it.

After Dillon is gone the scene where the guards take you to the checkup is broken and you do not get moved to the lab and the doctor isn't there if you want over. You can unstuck the event by doing the job in the lab (which then has actors passing through walls and such, but at least you can progress)
Can you tell me which day this is? Is it the first night after Dillon is gone?

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

im deeply sorry if this already answered,,

is there a guide?
i find some in few pages back, but that doesnt explain where to go next,, it just explain what use of certain areas.. how beat certain boss..

im stuck after doing check up / giving birth.. i already wandering around aimlessly cant find any dungeon mentioned in the walkthrough..

i know im stupid, forgive me..

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

im deeply sorry if this already answered,,

is there a guide?
i find some in few pages back, but that doesnt explain where to go next,, it just explain what use of certain areas.. how beat certain boss..

im stuck after doing check up / giving birth.. i already wandering around aimlessly cant find any dungeon mentioned in the walkthrough..

i know im stupid, forgive me..
The walkthrough is old. (where are you Midna?)
So it might be more confusing than helpful, since The Tower was added after the walkthrough was made.

You can go through most of The Tower's content simply by sleeping, doing odd jobs around the tower, etc.. Also feel free to explore. There's a dirt pile outisde, on the East side of The Tower that's blocking the entrance to an optional dungeon, but the dirt pile will take at least 2 to 3 days of work to clear. It's entirely optional though.

After Dillon is gone (day 15 or so), you'll need to pop out that last baby (Vallerie) before you can really get anywhere. After that, talk to Dillon until he takes off your collar (yay!). Now you can work towards leaving the Tower. You'll need 2 things: Your babies and a bomb.

Getting the bomb: Exit the tower through the basement, then go south, East past the front gate, then go all the way up to the NorthEast corner. You'll find the entrance to a cave. Go inside. Avoid the monsters while going left around the lake. You'll eventually start going south as you hug the lake. You should see a save point (use it). Fight the miniboss (Dillon can't stop you now!). It shouldn't be too difficult. Then go up and enter the boss room. Once inside, make sure you save and then start the fight. It's a little tricky, but has a pattern and there are safe places you can stand while you observe. Use the pillar to change the orb's color and then go to an eyeball, wait for it to change that color, hit it, then repeat (going back to the orb each time). After you defeat this boss, go outside and Kendra will give you the bomb.

Your 6 babies: The opposite side of the entrance to The Tower basement is where you'll find them. This can be done one of three ways. Stealthy, by force, or with a big wad of cash. If you've built up Sienna quite a bit, then go in the security rooms and beat up the pigions guarding the switches. Pull the switch then to turn off all security on that level (and light it up). If you want to go stealthy, then just dodge all the security bots and pull the switch at the end of the level. If you don't mind paying a lot, then go see the blacksmith. He can pay off his fellow pigions if you pay him, which will leave the switches unguarded.

After you get both of these you can exit through the NE section of the tower's basement.

You'll be in The Abyss after this. You can probably follow the tutorial for this part, although there will be some differences.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can you tell me which day this is? Is it the first night after Dillon is gone?
It's both nights after Dillon is gone actually.