What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.21 (Updated April 24th, 2016)

I do not know but I found myself hating this game. A story where you watch your daughter killed in front of you and you do not fight back. A game that is almost every screen is dark.. ugg.. this game is just too dark to see and too depressing. I lost interest in it the moment she just gave up and watched her daughter killed. I hate bad stories and this is one.
Sienna was a little out of it after just waking up from the trap knocking her unconscious. Plus The Black Spider was holding her down most of the time.
I know the story can be pretty dark but it will have some good moments too.

I'm sorry the dark screens are turning you off from the game, but there will be a lot of that throughout the game (otherwise, why have the lantern and its upgrades?). I do plan on possibly having an expendable "flare" type item that can light up an area until you leave, but I haven't implemented it yet.

I don't want to reveal too much of the storyline, BUT:
The game will ultimately have an ending, and a good ending at that (I hate games with obscure endings or "to be continued" non-endings). Of course, depending on the player's choices Sienna could end up being anything from an extremely wary sex fiend who is suspicious of everyone to a chaste girl who's willing to sacrifice almost anyone "for the greater good"

SerphLantern

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.21 (Updated April 24th, 2016)

I believe I ran into a slight problem with Dillon in the latest version (4/24 1.21).
Day 15, night time check-up, after switching to the cell area only Dillon (probably, since he was talking to the reaper during check-up) is visible and the game does nothing anymore. I can get stats with 1-9, but nothing else is working.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've been browsing furaffinity a bit. I'm guessing that website is exclusively for furry stuff, so I shouldn't take it that the artists can only draw furry stuff. :p
Some of them seem pretty good. I might send them an email and ask if they're still taking commissions, and if they can do non-furry stuff.

I also browsed Deviant Art a bit too. Problem is, I'm terribly picky and the best artists are either always backed up on commissions, super pricey, or both.
$50 for one drawing seems like a LOT of cash, especially if that's the starting price (and doesn't take into account commercial use, which they usually charge 2x or 3x as much for).

I think I need to stop checking into this stuff though. It's terribly taxing on my time and I get too involved with it. I need to just be patient and work on FSA and hope an artist comes
along that is passionate about working on FSA with me.
by all means look up artists on your free time :) FA Does have some artists that offer free commissions through contests and art trades :)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I believe I ran into a slight problem with Dillon in the latest version (4/24 1.21).
Day 15, night time check-up, after switching to the cell area only Dillon (probably, since he was talking to the reaper during check-up) is visible and the game does nothing anymore. I can get stats with 1-9, but nothing else is working.
Do you mean the area where Jennifer is? I can't seem to get the game to do that there, but I did notice that the faster I went through the dialogue (where the reaper comes to get Dillon), the more delay there is in the next scene.
I would suggest going through the dialogue until you get to the last line, "Let's not keep her waiting." and then wait a bit until the reaper and Dillon both leave.

I'm sorry it's glitchy there. I am pretty sure this has happened to me before, on various playthroughs, and I would change a little something and think I had it fixed when it didn't happen again.

SerphLantern

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I did as you suggested and passed the scene, thank you very much.
I could advance once Dillon had followed the reaper out of the screen.

Might I suggest to delay the text skip/continue of "Let's not keep her waiting." until Dillon is out?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I did as you suggested and passed the scene, thank you very much.
I could advance once Dillon had followed the reaper out of the screen.

Might I suggest to delay the text skip/continue of "Let's not keep her waiting." until Dillon is out?
I thought I had fixed it to work that way, but I guess not. I'll make a note to move the movement commands for the reaper and Dillon to the primary event. That should definitely fix it.

I think the problem is that the doctor's movements, events, etc.. are all together on a parallel event (which means it stops for nothing outside of dialogue, player confirmation, etc..), so it doesn't recognize the authority of any other events that are going on, even if they're on automatic (which usually pauses everything else).

Finishing the doctor's event first probably causes the game to lock up because the reaper's event is automatic, which then locks the game up to do its business but has nothing to do once the scene changes.

Moving the reaper's stuff into the doctor's event should fix it. I'll have to wait till later tonight to work on it.

Noobmuffin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good afternoon. I came out of the woodwork to say I greatly enjoy your game, and admire your dedication to it. I remember playing FSA when it was little more then a tutorial, and the game has grown a huge amount since. I'm excited for every update, and I sincerely hope you take pride in the game you have created. Even incomplete it's still an awesome game. Thank you.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've noticed that some of the girls' face sets are kinda limited in their emotions. Sometimes I want a certain expression while they're talking but, sadly, I did not make it when I was making their face sets. I may need to go back through all the characters and add another sets of emotions. Charlene's set will be a good basis because I noticed she was not lacking in any needed expression when I was picking faces for her dialogue.

Plus it wouldn't hurt to have the blinking animation for them all as well. It would be neat if I could have animated faces in the menu. Probably not possible though. :confused:

Good afternoon. I came out of the woodwork to say I greatly enjoy your game, and admire your dedication to it. I remember playing FSA when it was little more then a tutorial, and the game has grown a huge amount since. I'm excited for every update, and I sincerely hope you take pride in the game you have created. Even incomplete it's still an awesome game. Thank you.
Thanks. Hopefully it will just keep getting better. :D

Gearran

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm having some trouble raising Sienna's Spirit (or getting her to have sex at all, save for when she's thrown to the monsters by Jennifer). I can't seem to get her spirit to go up at all, and she won't even go near the prostitution area. What am I missing??

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Plus it wouldn't hurt to have the blinking animation for them all as well. It would be neat if I could have animated faces in the menu. Probably not possible though. :confused:
I can imagine a use or two for that. Perhaps having a character blink in surprise before they respond to something, or blinking a few times after regaining consciousness (or just waking up from sleep). I quite like the little animation for reading books, so I wouldn't say no to another little touch like that.

I think the art style used for Sienna and the other fairies is rather charming, so I would definitely enjoy them all having a good range of emotions in their face sets. Definitely worth the trouble, I think.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm having some trouble raising Sienna's Spirit (or getting her to have sex at all, save for when she's thrown to the monsters by Jennifer). I can't seem to get her spirit to go up at all, and she won't even go near the prostitution area. What am I missing??
Spirit doesn't really play into anything as of yet. It does have a small effect on her expressions during sex, but that's pretty much it. I plan on changing Spirit to Sanity and putting in a lot of content concerning that, but that won't be for a while.

To get Sienna to go near the prostitution area you'll need to do one of two things. You can either dance a lot or you could also get her there with intoxication (by drinking at least 20 antidotes & tonics, a bit less if they're the stronger versions). To get her temptation high enough from dancing you have to continue dancing until you get at least 4 tips in a row, and then do this another 4 times (20 tips total). This will reset if Sienna has any sex, including rape (except for the instances where I've missed removing her temptation when she has sex).

If you got the Holy Bible:
After a certain point of prostitution Sienna will abandon it here. Forcing her to pick it back up will result in her permanently refusing to go down there anymore.

steve88luv334

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well so far the new version has frozen on me twice now, first I cant figure out how to stop her health from dropping let alone recover any points, then my wounds keep reopening, and then I go take a bath after unlocking prostitution and now it has frozen when I asked to be let back in the gate and she offered her body and then I went into where the doctor would be to try to see if I can get rid of the infections there and once again it froze after he threw me in the restraints and the dialogue finished. Music plays and her wings still flap but I cant do anything and they just stand there.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You fix wounds by using the cloth item to patch them up, you restore health by drinking tonics. Higher level tonics restore more health, higher level antidotes can cure diseases and infections.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It sounds like Sienna has some nasty infections and other good stuff. Doing what censuur said should clear that up.

Well so far the new version has frozen on me twice now ... when I asked to be let back in the gate and she offered her body
I somehow forgot to set him to be able to walk through stuff before telling him to walk down into Sienna's space, so the game is in pause while he attempts to walk down.. which he can't. It'll be fixed in the next version. Thanks for finding this.

and then I went into where the doctor would be to try to see if I can get rid of the infections there and once again it froze after he threw me in the restraints and the dialogue finished. Music plays and her wings still flap but I cant do anything and they just stand there.
Same type of problem. Thanks for noticing this.
I had copy/pasted this from the whistle event, which I had tested and it worked fine, but I forgot to take into account that the whistle event's origin is set to below other characters. Well, long story short it will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks again for finding these bugs, and I apologize for not being more thorough with these events.

Last edited:

steve88luv334

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its fine, the game has changed quite a bit from the last time I played when you had the start area as Kendra's place. Im pretty sure that makes this thing many times harder to bug test so things will happen, this is the one hentai game that I can play for hours at a time though and I have alpha and beta tested a ton of games. So I pretty much have a habit of talking to everyone and clicking on every item in a room every game day that passes so I dont miss anything, if I find anymore I will be sure to post them here so that its less bug testing that needs to be done. I much prefer you having that extra time for creating new content instead of chasing bugs.

rmjeans1313

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

On V1.21, I got froze when Dillion got taken into jail

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

On V1.21, I got froze when Dillion got taken into jail
That's a known problem. If you click through the doctor's dialogue too fast then the reaper and Dillon don't have time to exit the page properly, which causes lock-up issues. I'll probably have it fixed in the next version, but for now when the dialogue "Let's not keep her waiting" shows up, just wait a bit until they're both off the screen and that should fix the problem.

Its fine, the game has changed quite a bit from the last time I played when you had the start area as Kendra's place. Im pretty sure that makes this thing many times harder to bug test so things will happen, this is the one hentai game that I can play for hours at a time though and I have alpha and beta tested a ton of games. So I pretty much have a habit of talking to everyone and clicking on every item in a room every game day that passes so I dont miss anything, if I find anymore I will be sure to post them here so that its less bug testing that needs to be done. I much prefer you having that extra time for creating new content instead of chasing bugs.
Thanks. I appreciate it a lot. There are so many little things I tend to miss.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I went ahead and started working on adding more expressions. After I finished Sienna's I noticed some eyebrow discrepancies throughout her faces, but I don't think I want to worry about that right now. >.> Actually I don't think it's even noiceable unless you compare them side by side and that's not really possible in-game. Not to mention the fact that you can hardly see her eyebrows anyway.

Anyway, besides adding another set for Sienna I finished redoing Adivia and Vallerie's portraits.

Adivia Old:

Adivia New:

There's not much difference, but I did move her hair a bit so it wouldn't be clipping through her ear. I think the eye placement is also a little better.
Also, the blinking animation now has more of a sad look.

I felt like those were a bit limited, and the blinking set took up half of her set as it was, so here are a couple additional sets for her:

Everything from an extra blink (just because) to irritated, mad, annoyed, and some happy faces too.
I changed her eyebrows for the 2 new sets because the other brow just works good for sad faces.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ooooooh blue hair :p *drolls on keyboard* oh sorry :p i like blue hair :p she much cutier now : D

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And here's Vallerie's old faceset:

And the new:

I wanted Vallerie to have a blinking animation, as well as a "neutral" emotion when she's talking. Annoyed and angry versions were also a given for her.
So that's why she needed another set: