What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.01 (Updated Feb 22th, 2016)

Not so, you have to stand exactly where it spawn, right in the middle of any pathways. You and the boss will overlap with no damage taken. All you have to do is move to the safe side and hit him from behind.

Its ver 1.01, the latest version in case you are wondering.
I never tought of that. I wonder if it can be applied to other bosses that teleport in a similiar matter.

Mordaen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.01 (Updated Feb 22th, 2016)

Playing tower 1.01B, my game stops on day 23. After losing dilian (jailer) and bumming around solo (still have anti-magic collar on) it comes time for my checkup. Guard gets me and I get to the Dr's office (blue sprite below curtain wonders and disappears stage left) and it just stops responding while I just stand there. X works to bring up menu but nothing else functions.

If I re-load and go play in the dungeons (about 10 mins before guard come to get me for checkup). I can literally stay there for hours, the guard never comes to get me. Lantern fuel runs out and luminous sprite does not re-fill the lantern. Spent a hour real time in there.

Some sort of time collision problem would be my guess.

Just some general observations.

Lantern fuel needs to last longer or maybe a spell to re-fill it 200%.

Mini game with spider boss at the end of tutorial, restarting causes multiple spiders and holes to appear, pretty much gonna fail.

Mini games could use an explanation on what to do and some kind of counter so you know your making actual progress.

Mini game in the dungeon with the dragon looking thing, I guess it is a run away type but character can't run fast enough to get ahead. Might be collar related, I dunno.

Being able to swap things in either hand could be helpful, lantern and sprite in both hands.

A mini guide would be good to know if I've gotten off track or just haven't spent enough time. More along the lines of you think this should happen at X time, but especially for events that should happen at time X. Jailer leaves this day, character for collar removal this day, checkup this day, your character wins the lottery on this day etc etc. I'm actually on day 23 according to the clock but probably only day 18ish as relates to jailer diapering. The days would have to restart after the tutorial for it to make sense though.

Time should probably be static unless your moving or doing something, I go have a smoke outside come back and gotta go have dinner...

I'd get rid of lunch, got to have some time to explore the dungeons.

Some sort of persistent map you can check would be ubar helpful, only of areas you have previously explored of course.

Does Z even do anything? It's supposed to be search, talk etc but nothing pops up.

The Sad Muri are the bleeh, hope for a crit from dilian or just escape and re-engage. Once they burrow it's all over but the crying.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Playing tower 1.01B, my game stops on day 23. After losing dilian (jailer) and bumming around solo (still have anti-magic collar on) it comes time for my checkup. Guard gets me and I get to the Dr's office (blue sprite below curtain wonders and disappears stage left) and it just stops responding while I just stand there. X works to bring up menu but nothing else functions.
There might be an issue when the reaper shows up to get Dillon that messes up later events. I'll have to fix that such that the game events can not progress until he leads Dillon away. Or it could just be bad luck. I had a similar problem one time, changed something, and then it didn't happen to me again. I think it has something to do with the reaper but I am no 100% certain. Hopefully I can fix it.

If you do have a save before Dillon left, I would suggest going back to when you see the reaper leading him off and go very slowly through the dialogue.

If I re-load and go play in the dungeons (about 10 mins before guard come to get me for checkup). I can literally stay there for hours, the guard never comes to get me. Lantern fuel runs out and luminous sprite does not re-fill the lantern. Spent a hour real time in there.
I'll look into these issues. It sounds like you've managed to bypass the maximum minute mark and that's whats messing everything up. I don't know why the luminous sprite isn't working. I'll make a note and look into it.

Lantern fuel needs to last longer or maybe a spell to re-fill it 200%.
I'm thinking of including an item that can refill it. I don't think anyone likes the "need ink to save" mechanic, so I may get rid of that and change ink into lantern flasks.

Mini game with spider boss at the end of tutorial, restarting causes multiple spiders and holes to appear, pretty much gonna fail.
I guess I missed something there. I'll make a note and check it out later.

If I can't fix it then I'll just remove the retry and put the option to load or move on. I would just have the game progress automatically when you fail, but I know players would be annoyed if they wanted to retry it, but having to wait through the cutscene before reloading...

Mini games could use an explanation on what to do and some kind of counter so you know your making actual progress.
Sorry about that. Most of them you have to work 6 times to get anything. I'll try and make this more obvious. Some of the dialogue for some of them hints at this but I should include that for all minigames.

Mini game in the dungeon with the dragon looking thing, I guess it is a run away type but character can't run fast enough to get ahead. Might be collar related, I dunno.
You have to hold shift to "run" or, rather, "fly faster". I forgot to mention that in the controls on the main menu and I keep being too lazy to add it. >.>;

Being able to swap things in either hand could be helpful, lantern and sprite in both hands.
There's your wand too. I guess it could be possible to allow either item in either hand. I'll look into it and see what I can do.

A mini guide would be good to know if I've gotten off track or just haven't spent enough time. More along the lines of you think this should happen at X time, but especially for events that should happen at time X. Jailer leaves this day, character for collar removal this day, checkup this day, your character wins the lottery on this day etc etc. I'm actually on day 23 according to the clock but probably only day 18ish as relates to jailer diapering. The days would have to restart after the tutorial for it to make sense though.
I should prevent the day count from progressing until you're in The Abyss (or, rather, your first day in The Tower).

Time should probably be static unless your moving or doing something, I go have a smoke outside come back and gotta go have dinner...
Like most games with time progression you can open the menu to stop time.

I'd get rid of lunch, got to have some time to explore the dungeons.
I'll be changing the meal times such that Dillon will only offer to go eat and lunch will be completely removed as well.

Some sort of persistent map you can check would be ubar helpful, only of areas you have previously explored of course.
I tried to add a map script a while back but it was pretty horrible.
I could of course implement my own map system. I'll make a note of it. I have some interesting ideas about how it could be done effectively.

Does Z even do anything? It's supposed to be search, talk etc but nothing pops up.
Z, Space, and Enter should all do basically the same thing. By search I meant searching in chests and such, and by talk I meant talking to NPCs. I'm guessing you were expecting to talk to other party members or search randomly but it doesn't do that.

The Sad Muri are the bleeh, hope for a crit from dilian or just escape and re-engage. Once they burrow it's all over but the crying.
I've already changed them for the next update. They now unburrow at full health. Still super annoying though... they will reburrow when you hit them again. The animation is sloppy so I intend on removing that and changing the burrowed sprite.

I might add some more stuff to the blacksmith job (very rare equipment) so you could upgrade Dillon further (and possibly kill the mukis without a crit).

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I recently played through the latest version and I have some thoughts on the Tower. Mostly criticism, to be frank. I've played previous versions without the Tower in the past, and I'm not convinced it's a very good addition.

The most obvious thing I can say about it is that it takes far too long. Over two hours, maybe closer to three. I did everything I could do before the (if I recall correctly) third baby, Marissa, was born. This was my first time through the content, as well, so someone who knew what they were doing could finish everything faster.

The length also exacerbates the fact that it's just not interesting. Mechanically, there are less things going on in the Tower than in the tutorial. You can't use alchemy, you can't light up caves, and you don't need to pay attention to your hunger or thirst. You can use the stained glass window to improve your stats, at least, but that's a moot point with the slave collar on. Rather than equipping your own character you're stuck relying on a temporary party member, as well.

What makes the length and simplicity truly a problem, though, is that it keeps you from the real game: the Abyss. That's when the gameplay actually starts opening up and you're free to collect, explore, and build. Now, in between the tutorial and the Abyss, we have this long stretch of boredom. Exploring the mines and caves are nice, but most of the time you're stuck waiting for plot to happen.

The additional plot elements are nice, by the way, but they don't justify the amount of time you spend in the Tower. It's the kind of information that can be summed up in a monologue and cutting to a few scenes here and there. On a somewhat related note, I'm kind of worried about the babies, and how the game is going to have to fit room for character development for all five of them once they grow up. After seeing how the Tower handles plot, I'm not sure I want that much more plot.

I will say that I like that bosses no longer kill you in a single hit. I'm sure that's a change most appreciate. I also like the change to this sphere grid-esqe system currently in place. Finding the stained glass pieces in the caves is a good incentive to explore... or it would be, if Sienna wasn't powered down by the plot for almost the entire duration of her stay in the Tower. EDIT: I also like what you did with the dungeon music turning into the battle music.

Also, there are some long-standing elements of the game that I dislike. Having to switch between tools feels tedious and unnecessary. Also, the way darkness is used in some sections bothers me. Why isn't the perimeter of the tower lit? Why aren't the upper floors of the tower lit when they have people patrolling them? Why aren't there a few lights here and there in the mines if humanoids of, at least, some intelligence are living down there? This extends to more than just the mines, actually. I don't want to hear that every single enemy in every dungeon can see in the dark. These cases make the darkness feel less like a realistic part of the environment and more like a gameplay element that exists simply to be irritating. Like an area is dark because it's 'unsafe', and not because it's just dark.

I like the game, really, but the Tower is just a dreadful addition to it. It's a questionable decision for plot to encroach so heavily on gameplay. There's always a bit of leeway for fitting some plot into a game at the expense of something else, but this clearly crosses the line.

That was a bit long, and I hope it didn't come off as rude. Really, I just don't like this addition to the game. I didn't even mention the fact that it ends with a forced stealth section, of all things. There's just so little to like about the Tower.

Last edited:

Sarpe666

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I've already changed them for the next update. They now unburrow at full health. Still super annoying though... they will reburrow when you hit them again. The animation is sloppy so I intend on removing that and changing the burrowed sprite.

I might add some more stuff to the blacksmith job (very rare equipment) so you could upgrade Dillon further (and possibly kill the mukis without a crit).
I went through the whole game once and I have to say it kept me busy for @12h in total. You did a great job.

On a joking not you are one sick individual....(I sat through all the dialogue and paid attention to everything that happens)

As for the Mukis wouldn't it be easier to just lower their HP instead of adding a rare piece of equipment at the blacksmith which will be useless afterwards since you lose Dillon after 24(?) days. If you programmed them to burrow after they're hit and come back at full HP that's just unfair to the player in my opinion.

I still suggest an item in your inventory that tells you the time. I really didn't have any problems with the lantern running out. The explorable parts of the tower are rather short except for the area behind the dirt.

I noticed that if you go where you were chased by the scorpion after pulling the last switch the area resets and you have to do it again to get out of there alive.

Also lack of tools in the tower. I really was peeved that there are still areas in the caves that you can't reach and chests you can't open because of a rock or another chest.

I found all 4 secret caves in the beginning HA! Also there's way too much space that you can't get to in the beginning and if I'm not mistaken veggies grow over there too.

I would like to ask you what are the Essences for? And the milk? I found out how to use the upgrade orbs and I have to say you did well I really liked the whole "puzzle" on how to get to that area.

And finally the last thing I would like to know is how do your skills level up I think I've done a fair amount of chopping and mining(even cleared out the final area before being taken to the tower) but the only thing that ever leveled was my alchemy oh and whoever said you don't have enough tonics they must have wasted them because by the end of the tower I still had 3 Tonic** and 9 Tonic*** and that's because every one of the bosses has some pattern that can be exploited except for the scorpion and the wall eyes.

Mordaen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

LOL, "shift key" to run, damn. I think I saw this in the tutorial...

Might be good to add all the keys in a separate 'help' page, already getting this type of stuff in a different game.

"Enter", "Space" etc working the same is fine, just make sure they do the same thing. I hope that made sense...

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just tested the luminous sprite and she seems to be functioning properly. The game must have activated "boss time" at some point and did not turn it off, which left your game's time in a state of limbo.
The sprites are mostly based on time passing and so they do not activate during cut scenes, boss fights, etc..

I'll be working on some other things first but I'll try to get around to replaying through the game and see if I can get the problem to repeat itself in my game. If not then I'll try and scour the events for that day and see if I can find it that way.

Edit: I went back to the hidden mining area (The Cellar), and in particular where you fight the giant scorpion. I think this was causing a lot of problems. I fixed several issues here.
The boss time switch was activating whenever a player leaves the boss fight, which SHOULD have been turning off. This would cause your limbo problem.
Going on past the fight and then coming back later could also cause this. I've fixed this by not allowing players to re-enter the boss fight. (It's flooded now, so that would be silly anyway).
I also removed all enemies (and a few boxes) and the last boss until players find the shortcut back to level 1. Boss time was turned on until that point. This should help steer players in the right direction so
they get boss time turned back off in short order.

Edit 2: I'm wondering if the quests list is worth having in the game. If so then I should probably consider adding/using the quest menu for the introduction and Tower areas.

Last edited:

effen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I picked up dillon and have been wandering around the caves in the first couple areas after the tutorial cave. I found the skull thing that says, "You shall not pass". I'm kind of at a loss for what to do? How do I get to more game content from there?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's another cave entrance to the North of where you exit the Tower's basement. There's also the blocked Cellar caves to the East (just below the cave you went in), but it takes a few days to clear it AND it is kinda glitchy in the current release.

I'll try to get a new update out soon. I've been working on fixing a bunch of stuff and you'll be able to skip through days in The Tower. I just want to fix/add a few things before release, namely intoxication affecting choices and add an event or two for the Cat Girl (her placeholder name for now).

The primary way to progress the game after Dillon joins you is by passing time and the best way to do that is by doing various jobs around The Tower, most of which take 6 sessions (which pass 10 minutes each) to get an item. I realize this is kinda boring to a lot of players though, so that's why I'm going to include the option of sleeping through days.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.20 (Updated April 23rd, 2016)

I just uploaded the new version. You still can't get to The Abyss but The Tower section should be pretty solid now. There's a bunch of new stuff you can do there now.

Latest Version:
Mega (non-zipped) (version 1B Tower 1.21):
4Shared (non-zipped) (version 1B Tower 1.21):

Update Notes:
Added Spellstones (like bottles from Zelda games, but refillable anywhere if you have the right items).

Added a spellstone to the tower basement. Already filled (oil enchantment)

Several issues involving time limbo and the hidden dungeon have been fixed.

Removed the food, water, etc.. storage, furniture crafting, etc..

Days will no longer be counted until you get to The Tower.

Comments on items in the tutorial should no longer be repeatable.

Sienna must now stand below and look up at a picture in order to comment on it (more realistic).

10 Cloth on shelves changed to Roll of Cloth (use in inventory to turn into 10 cloth).

Removed Ink Save system. Replaced Ink item with hourglass. Use the hourglass to see the current time.

The hourglass is added at the beginning of a new game. If you don't have it, you can speak with the

guard that use to give you ink. He will set your Hourglass count to 1 item.

If a save point asks for a bottle of ink in order to save, then please DO NOT use that save.

Report that save point to me. If you do use it to save, it will remove your hourglass.

The blacksmith will now sell Dillon's equipment and buy items from you.

He also sells mushrooms and monster blood for 25 gold each.

Shifted icons down one pixel. This should fix those stray pixels you may have noticed in your inventory/spells lists.

Dispatched enemy groups will now explode like a rock. Why? It just seems more satisfying that way. :)

The first encounter with The Black Spider has been changed. It's now a simple Turn Based boss fight.

No longer possible to "cheat" through the tower boss and teleporters added to room (to get you from side to side).

Made a few updates to the informatory/help menu.

Updated the Wand Recharge description.

Removed "wand skill exp" increases when recharging the wand.

You can now take care of the cat girl every day, but it uses up 1 Cloth, 1 Bottle of Water, and 1 Fresh Fish. You can also repeatedly hug her (after the care).

Every morning while in The Tower, you get 2 Leaves (for bedding, but Sienna keeps them).

Can now sleep through the days while in The Tower. Night events will still happen.

Lunch with Dillon has been removed. Breakfast, Dinner, and Bath Time are now optional.

Restoring Dillon's meals now increases his relationship points 3x as much.
You can now have a LOT of sex with Dillon.

Blue boxes in The Tower levels now have perfume bottles in them. There will be 100 bottles in total.

Each bottle will give Sienna +1 maximum Spirit. I will probably grant additional rewards for every

10 bottles found.

Heavy intoxication could result in Sienna skipping dialogue choices, among other things.

Intoxication also results in faster loss of hydration. You may have noticed this already as you

drink tonics and antidotes.

Intoxication and Temptation are both removed by the doctor's paralytic injection.

The rapid baby development injections, however, increase her intoxication.

You can now counter Intoxication with food and water (consume before or after being intoxicated).

Eating with Dillon will completely remove intoxication. Taking a bath also helps a little.

Sleep will reset intoxication levels to 0, regardless of positives or negatives.

Sienna doesn't get hangovers but you may wake up thirsty...

Fixed the cell door setting time to 56 when you first go through it.

It now properly sets time to 0.

Tweaked breakfast, dinner, and bath events to prevent players from potentially getting stuck in limbo.

Added sprite sex to Violator's non-Jennifer sex event. Added sprite sex (when they're still men) to all the night rape events.

Fixed all of Scovos' retry options turning time back on. That should no longer happen now unless you leave the room.

Added +10 agility to all of Dillon's equipment. Club weapon added to the blacksmith's store (can hit burrowed Sad Muki).

Small club area added to The Tower basement. Dance, card, and sex mini-games added to club.

High levels of temptation will result in Sienna offering sex to any character you talk to.

Extreme levels of intoxication or temptation will result in Sienna having sex with a monster instead of a fight.

The Holy Bible can block Sienna from engaging in some events, when equipped, and trigger others.

It is not an effective block against intoxication events, and may even trigger some.

The lab minigame now rewards you with (consecutively) water, antidotes, and tonics instead of the previous antidotes only.

The Tower stealth minigame can now be bypassed in 2 different ways: Bribery (no hints on who, sorry!), and force.

There are now easy to reach alternative switches that are gaurded by difficult fights.

Added preventive switch to doors, such that Sienna should not be pulled away while going through a door/invisible.

CURRENTLY KNOWN ISSUES:
Duplicate sounds during some of Sienna's sex events (don't understand it, as of yet).

Could possibly get pregnant after having Vallerie. It shouldn't cause any problems but you won't be able to give birth (no matter how many days pass). Also, the pregnancy will be replaced (with Adivia) when you have the dream sequence toward the end. I will try and fix this up differently in future versions (have sprites in less than 1 day, dream sequence near the boss fight it's related too, etc..).

Also, at the end you can see which (sexual) direction you're steering Sienna. 2 Integrity is the maximum you can get. On the opposite end, you can also get -1 Integrity and Sienna's "guilt" is limitless. Please bear in mind that "guilt" is chapter subjective and will be set back to 0, since several years will have passed. The number you see will basically tell you how many times Sienna willingly had sex for money.

You can actually have a lot of sex for money and still get 2 integrity points at the end of the chapter, but I'm not telling how. :D
Also, if you do get integrity points, it will be more difficult to engage in such activities in future chapters.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.20 (Updated April 23rd, 2016)

After Dillon leaves the party it's possible to get him back by going into the gambling area, when leaving there Dillon is suddenly back and says the usual "let's go" (this is two days after he got turned into a monster)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks. I guess I need to use a different condition there. I'll make a note of it.

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The Tower sounds more interesting now. Maybe I was too hasty in my previous criticisms. My apologies for that. I look forward to trying it all out.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.21 (Updated April 24th, 2016)

Paladox, it's been a very long time since I've played your game. I can't wait to try the current version. I just wanted to say you're pretty amazing and I'm really glad you're still working on this project as it's been going for a really long time. Keep up the good work!

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just uploaded a new version and replaced the OP links (as well as the one in my above post). It should fix the Dillon problem. Wish I knew how to simply patch the game.

The Tower sounds more interesting now. Maybe I was too hasty in my previous criticisms. My apologies for that. I look forward to trying it all out.
Your criticisms were mostly fair. I couldn't really do without The Tower so the best way to deal with all of its problems was to take all the criticisms and suggestions into consideration. Having such a small target area has really helped me to focus on a lot of the gameplay elements that I hadn't fully implemented yet.

Luckcrazy

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.21 (Updated April 24th, 2016)

That looks like quite an interesting update. Those intoxication and temptation events are in the game right now?

And about those mechanics, I'm unable to grasp on how they stack, temptation for example, how does it get raised?

Also, thanks for sharing, the game showed alot of promise and I'm happy to see that you're able to keep up with it :)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That looks like quite an interesting update. Those intoxication and temptation events are in the game right now?

And about those mechanics, I'm unable to grasp on how they stack, temptation for example, how does it get raised?

Also, thanks for sharing, the game showed alot of promise and I'm happy to see that you're able to keep up with it :)
Yes, every character in The Tower has unique dialogue when Sienna's temptation level is 5+. There are a few exceptions:
Sienna will grab the closest character when that happens, who happens to be Dillon. After sex her temptation goes back to 0 so I did not implement temptation events for any of the temporary characters like Drake, The Violator, etc..

Also, since it goes back to 0 after sex, Sienna's mindset will be rather different towards any secondary sex partners that might be waiting for their turn.

Temptation accumulates from:
Sexy/sexual stuff like dancing, fellatio, etc..You have to dance for 4 consecutive tips to increase temptation from dancing though. Each fellatio gives a whole point.

Intoxication works differently. It will usually only activate if there's a possible choice that Sienna could have made. It can activate at other times as well though, or allow Sienna to go into areas she would normally refuse to go into. It usually activates at levels of 500+, so you'd have to drink a lot of tonics or antidotes. Plus, it goes down if you eat, drink, sleep (completely), wash, etc..

Since I implemented so many ways for intoxication to be eliminated I might need to increase the amount you get from drinks in future versions. It's entirely possible that you won't see any intoxication events while in The Tower unless you guzzle down 20 tonics/antidotes on purpose.

It's possible that I might have overlooked a character here or there and some sex events might not set temptation back to 0 (rape events in particular). I should probably double check them all.

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Your criticisms were mostly fair. I couldn't really do without The Tower so the best way to deal with all of its problems was to take all the criticisms and suggestions into consideration. Having such a small target area has really helped me to focus on a lot of the gameplay elements that I hadn't fully implemented yet.
Looking back on it, though, some parts of my post were a little too blunt, I think.

In any case, I've played through most of the new update (still haven't gotten all the babies back, I'll do that later) and I just wanted to say that the Tower is looking a lot better now. I quite like the addition of the gambling den, and I especially like the new temptation and inebriation mechanics. I'm definitely looking forward to see those in action in the future.

Being able to skip to meals or night events is nice, as well. Overall, I like the increased control the player has over the pacing of the Tower. I also like the newly added sex scenes. Keeps things interesting during your stay in the Tower. Things were definitely a little dry before.

I'm not terribly sad to see the ink mechanic gone. I understand the place that limited saves have in survival-oriented games, but I was never too fond of it in RPGs.

Also, I found a few bugs and oversights:

• If you go into the gambling den and have sex in the back room while drunk (who knew getting some drinks into Sienna would turn her into such a party girl?), afterwards you'll join back up with Dillan even after he's been transformed. This was in version 1.21.

• The savepoint before Crowraven the Vigilant still asks for ink.

• Using the whistle to return to the Tower after Dillan is gone and getting raped by the guard who brings you back doesn't appear to reset your temptation. You'll get temptation-related dialogue from the guard when he rapes you, though.

• Prostitution seems to take money from you, instead of giving you money.

Overall, I think this was a rather excellent update. The Tower now feels like part of the game instead of a roadblock between the tutorial and the game. Thanks for putting so much work into improving it.

Edit: Oh, I also wanted to say that I like the new bribe option for the guards in the stealth segment. It gives the player a reason to collect money and another reason to use the gambling den. Good addition.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

• If you go into the gambling den and have sex in the back room while drunk (who knew getting some drinks into Sienna would turn her into such a party girl?), afterwards you'll join back up with Dillan even after he's been transformed. This was in version 1.21.
Thanks. I really shouldn't have missed that. It's located in the same event you use to leave the room (the door), except it automatically activates when it's almost time for bed. You should be able to get rid of him by going back to the gambler's den the next day. I've already fixed it for the next update.

• The savepoint before Crowraven the Vigilant still asks for ink.

• I forgot all about that one! Thanks again.

• Using the whistle to return to the Tower after Dillan is gone and getting raped by the guard who brings you back doesn't appear to reset your temptation. You'll get temptation-related dialogue from the guard when he rapes you, though.

• Thanks. I've probably missed other sex related events that weren't triggered by temptation as well.

• Prostitution seems to take money from you, instead of giving you money.
      How much was the loss? Based on how it's set up, it is possible to lose a few coins the first few times, especially with oral. I'll make a note to fix it so that you get at least 1 coin.

I do need to know if it's more than a roughly 5 coin loss though, because that would mean I'm way off and missing something else.

Sienna's first few times with vaginal and oral there should actually be paying quite a bit (100+). After doing some testing I found out that anal isn't paying enough. I'll have it fixed in the next version.

When I tried the oral option there was no comment at all the first three times. After that, they gave 3 coins and then 9 coins. At any rate I'll be setting the minimum possible payment to 1-5 coins.

I should probably also note that Sienna doesn't like rape (and never will) so if you lose a lot of fights or let the whistle guard have his way with her too many times it will seriously impact her prostitution rates.

Edit: Hit the reply button too soon. Oops!

In any case, I've played through most of the new update (still haven't gotten all the babies back, I'll do that later) and I just wanted to say that the Tower is looking a lot better now. I quite like the addition of the gambling den, and I especially like the new temptation and inebriation mechanics. I'm definitely looking forward to see those in action in the future.
      Thanks. I had originally wanted to add an arena/tournament type thing to the gambler's den, but it didn't make sense for Dillon to allow her to go to something like that alone.
      So I decided that they should be well known perverts, gamers, and such that are otherwise harmless.

Being able to skip to meals or night events is nice, as well. Overall, I like the increased control the player has over the pacing of the Tower. I also like the newly added sex scenes. Keeps things interesting during your stay in the Tower. Things were definitely a little dry before.
      This got me to thinking about the food you can buy at Kendra's Palace. I'm going to fix that similarly, so that you can rest until the next food item is available.
      I'm wondering if I should apply it directly to the bartender's choice menu.

I'm not terribly sad to see the ink mechanic gone. I understand the place that limited saves have in survival-oriented games, but I was never too fond of it in RPGs.

Overall, I think this was a rather excellent update. The Tower now feels like part of the game instead of a roadblock between the tutorial and the game. Thanks for putting so much work into improving it.

Edit: Oh, I also wanted to say that I like the new bribe option for the guards in the stealth segment. It gives the player a reason to collect money and another reason to use the gambling den. Good addition.
      Thanks again for all the kind words, for playing, the feedback, and for finding the bugs and such. :)

Last edited:

MetaSilver

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I should probably also note that Sienna doesn't like rape (and never will) so if you lose a lot of fights or let the whistle guard have his way with her too many times it will seriously impact her prostitution rates
Ahhh, is that the case? In my latest playthrough, Sienna had gotten raped quite a bit, so that's probably the cause. The losses would number over 100 coins each time, sometimes getting close to 200. It sounds like it isn't actually a bug, though, but working as intended. Sorry, that was my mistake.

Thanks. I had originally wanted to add an arena/tournament type thing to the gambler's den, but it didn't make sense for Dillon to allow her to go to something like that alone.
So I decided that they should be well known perverts, gamers, and such that are otherwise harmless.
Makes sense. If the player is spoiling for a fight then they could always duck into the mines, and I'm not sure how the arena would work unless they temporarily removed your anti-magic collar, anyways.

This got me to thinking about the food you can buy at Kendra's Palace. I'm going to fix that similarly, so that you can rest until the next food item is available.
I'm wondering if I should apply it directly to the bartender's choice menu.
Adding it to the bartender's choice menu sounds good, just for the sake of convenience. If you're feeling cheeky you could add it to both the bed and the bartender's choice menu, but make the latter increase her inebriation from hanging out at the bar.

Thanks again for all the kind words, for playing, the feedback, and for finding the bugs and such. :)
Oh, my pleasure. I quite like your game. It's actually a little unusual that I don't see it brought up a lot in other places I frequent. Lack of exposure, I assume. I'll have to bring it up when I see an appropriate opportunity.