What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.01 (Updated Feb 22th, 2016)

I updated the OP links with the latest patched version.
Notes:
Dillon should be fixed now. If he's already gone, there's an event that should automatically add him to your party.
Whistle added. The event that gives you Dillon back will add this as well. You an use it to go back to the entrance of The Tower.
Three freebie sprites added. There are a few sprites you can obtain during the tutorial sequence. These are also added with the event.

The event should only function if you have already completed the tutorial sequence. Please let me know if there are any issues like Dillon
disappearing again before day 15, the event giving freebies even if you've already completed the tutorial/introduction, etc..
Thank you for your patience and my apologies for Dillon not sticking around past day 2.

How do you get to the abyss now? Finish the tower story and then move to abyss? And then the game continues like before? Can you return to the tower?

What happens when the character lacks food and water? I never actually got to low amounts of water/food in the previous wersions since i always used the cheat med kit that was in the room.

Looking forward to the bugfix patch in the near futre. I am glad I kept a save file before entering the tower (could help with script changes)
You can't get to The Abyss in the current version. I've blocked it off because it's quite messy and I don't want players to have to restart again.
When I do get the game updated appropriately, after the events of The Tower time will move forward several years and the game will continue in The Abyss.
You'll be able to return to The Tower but some things will be different.

If your hydration or nutrition gets to -100 or more, you'll lose 1 health point and gain back 25 hydration/nutrition. This will repeat until you die from loss of health.
Other debilitating effects like poison, infection, etc.. will first drain your stamina before they start taking your health.

I don't think you'll have to go back to your save before you entered The Tower, at least not unless you want to see the alternate dialogue with Dillon.

Last edited:

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B Tower 1.01 (Updated Feb 22th, 2016)

I updated the OP links with the latest patched version.
Notes:
Dillon should be fixed now. If he's already gone, there's an event that should automatically add him to your party.
Whistle added. The event that gives you Dillon back will add this as well. You an use it to go back to the entrance of The Tower.
Three freebie sprites added. There are a few sprites you can obtain during the tutorial sequence. These are also added with the event.

The event should only function if you have already completed the tutorial sequence. Please let me know if there are any issues like Dillon
disappearing again before day 15, the event giving freebies even if you've already completed the tutorial/introduction, etc..
Thank you for your patience and my apologies for Dillon not sticking around past day 2.

You can't get to The Abyss in the current version. I've blocked it off because it's quite messy and I don't want players to have to restart again.
When I do get the game updated appropriately, after the events of The Tower time will move forward several years and the game will continue in The Abyss.
You'll be able to return to The Tower but some things will be different.

If your hydration or nutrition gets to -100 or more, you'll lose 1 health point and gain back 25 hydration/nutrition. This will repeat until you die from loss of health.
Other debilitating effects like poison, infection, etc.. will first drain your stamina before they start taking your health.

I don't think you'll have to go back to your save before you entered The Tower, at least not unless you want to see the alternate dialogue with Dillon.
Guess ill go back to my previous save. I am not that far anyway. I think it was just right before the 2nd checkup where Dillon dissapeared.

Edit: Download link sorta broken. There is the "br" after it which makes it ask for a decrypt key.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Guess ill go back to my previous save. I am not that far anyway. I think it was just right before the 2nd checkup where Dillon dissapeared.

Edit: Download link sorta broken. There is the "br" after it which makes it ask for a decrypt key.
Strange. I put "copy link with key" so I'm not sure why it would ask for a key.

I notice it adds the -br- after you click the link. Have you tried removing it and then going to the address again?

Here's the key if anyone needs it. I couldn't figure out how to fix the link:
!F4FoqYIPV6x9d53rUlxQm38bxjAr8wubFefYVRGquKo

Last edited:

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Strange. I put "copy link with key" so I'm not sure why it would ask for a key.

I notice it adds the -br- after you click the link. Have you tried removing it and then going to the address again?

Here's the key if anyone needs it. I couldn't figure out how to fix the link:
!F4FoqYIPV6x9d53rUlxQm38bxjAr8wubFefYVRGquKo
Yeah i just removed the -br- after the link and it didnt ask for key.

Quick suggestion. Could you add some sort of aoe to Dillon? Because it will be extremely usefull with the slimes. Yo could make it cost a bit more mana to make it balanced.

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

does anyone have a save straight to day 18 >_>

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Quick suggestion. Could you add some sort of aoe to Dillon? Because it will be extremely usefull with the slimes. Yo could make it cost a bit more mana to make it balanced.
I'll think about it. I can't do AoE but I could add a skill that hits 2 or 3 random enemies.

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

How do i get a "Bomb" also upper "3rd floor" blue switch doesnt work

Last edited:

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'll think about it. I can't do AoE but I could add a skill that hits 2 or 3 random enemies.
Thats fine too. As long as there is something to deal with the amount of slimes.

Is there a way to recover Health in the tower? I didnt find a way to obtain tonics.

Really looking forward to seeing the Abyss back. I missed this game.

Do the sprites have some sort of quick equip? Perhaps you could bind them to numpad, since you constantly swap between hatchet/pick/lantern.

Oh a slight glitch. After i end up in the tower, the patching event triggers, which gives me 3 more sprites. 6 in total. And a duplicate whistle from Dillon after going out of the cell for the first time. Dont think that was intended.

Bug: If you trigger the sleeping event when going trough a door character becomes invisible and the game "freezes" It might also happen with other events like the eating ones, but it surely happened with the sleeping one.

Also Sad Mukis never leave when they burrow. I tried using the harvest/lock skills didnt help much sadly.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How do i get a "Bomb" also upper "3rd floor" blue switch doesnt work
That sucks.. I thought I had fixed it but I just looked at it again and I missed something. :(

Sorry about that.
Here's where the bomb is:
There's a cave to the NorthEast of the tower, above the area where you can dig and just a bit to the left. There's a mini-boss in there blocking access to a boss room. You can challenge the mini-boss after Dillon leaves you and after the collar is removed. After you go in there and defeat the boss room, you'll get the bomb on the way out.

Thats fine too. As long as there is something to deal with the amount of slimes.

Is there a way to recover Health in the tower? I didnt find a way to obtain tonics.
I didn't think to include them anywhere in The Tower. Maybe I can do that with the next update. For now I would suggest making sure you take care of any infections, poison, etc.. with antidote. You do recover 1 health when you sleep but it won't help much if you've been hit a lot by some of the bosses.

Really looking forward to seeing the Abyss back. I missed this game.
I still need to work on the children's rooms and adjust all the old boss rooms. Hopefully I can include "retry" options for the more wordy bosses (like the wizards).

Do the sprites have some sort of quick equip? Perhaps you could bind them to numpad, since you constantly swap between hatchet/pick/lantern.
They can't be quick equipped. That would be a lot of work to implement. It's more possible that I'll include special traits at some point that will allow you to use tools without having to equip them.

The sprites that increase stats will come in more handy when you have other party members later on.

Oh a slight glitch. After i end up in the tower, the patching event triggers, which gives me 3 more sprites. 6 in total. And a duplicate whistle from Dillon after going out of the cell for the first time. Dont think that was intended.
Hmm.. nope. Not intended. It's too late to fix it now and I won't be including that event in the next update. Oh well. It's not a big issue since the whistle will be removed (I'll have to remember to remove all of them) and you'll be able to get more sprites later on anyway.

Bug: If you trigger the sleeping event when going trough a door character becomes invisible and the game "freezes" It might also happen with other events like the eating ones, but it surely happened with the sleeping one.
I'll make a note to disable those events when using doors. I never gave it a thought.

Also Sad Mukis never leave when they burrow. I tried using the harvest/lock skills didnt help much sadly.
They're kinda glitchy and I'm not sure how to fix them. I'd suggest avoiding them or trying to get a critical hit with Dillon. Escape is pretty much the only option after they burrow. They're supposed to resurface after regaining full health but for some reason they don't.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Another wierd trigger that happened is when i died from the scorpion, the food event triggered and the food event repeated twice with black screen and i respawned at teh start with 1hp (at which point i had to reload because i cant pass those little spiders)

Also do you write the story yourself? Its really good. This is the 2nd RPG i actually read the story beside Violated Heroine.

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No offense but as it stands now the game isnt fun, its full of repetition for "days" on end and then you fight a boss and that's it... i looked forward to an update as i really liked the game before but the change was definitely not worth the wait as now its just frustrating and other than some scenes and the end day time there's not even any sex.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

What are you supposed to do on the red slimes and eyes past the YOU SHALL NOT PASS thingy? I cant figure out the pattern.

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

activate the middle totem :p

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well i did try that and the flames colours swap between blue and green iirc. Best i got was 2 hits, and then the eyes that spawn just does metal clashing sounds and not getting hits

rakgi1

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You will notice the flames turn green after activating the totem so hit the green eye when it appears and repeat.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Ah i see i will try that. Kinda annoying are the slimes. Their hit detection is rather wierd.

I remembered i could use CE to freeze my health. My god im glad i understood how to work with CE for RPG stuff.

To Paladox: Seeing that the daughters are now born in the tower does this mean their story will change in the abyss considering you got them from there originally?

PS: The blue chest in the patrolling robot area with the pigs contains "was found" Is that chest a placeholder?

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Another wierd trigger that happened is when i died from the scorpion, the food event triggered and the food event repeated twice with black screen and i respawned at teh start with 1hp (at which point i had to reload because i cant pass those little spiders)
You can kill them by activating them when they flash for a moment. It's easy to miss-time it though.

The food thing shouldn't trigger while you're in a boss room. I'll make a note of it. I had multiple issues with the "retry" option for that room.

Also do you write the story yourself? Its really good. This is the 2nd RPG i actually read the story beside Violated Heroine.
Yes, thank you. :D

Ah i see i will try that. Kinda annoying are the slimes. Their hit detection is rather wierd.
If you're lucky you get by with just getting hit once, but while I was testing some of the boss fights I was getting hit 2 and 3 times or more.
The dark drake boss is especially bad to multi-hit you. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to fix it. xP

I really should add alternatives to fighting the bosses through action sequences.

To Paladox: Seeing that the daughters are now born in the tower does this mean their story will change in the abyss considering you got them from there originally?
The Tower is basically another part of The Abyss, but having unique fathers for each child will help me to expand on their story. After the first time lapse they will know the basics of what happened and then after the next time lapse they will each know who fathered them.

PS: The blue chest in the patrolling robot area with the pigs contains "was found" Is that chest a placeholder?
Yes. I need to put something in those little blue chests but I haven't decided what, as of yet. I'm currently leaning towards perfume bottles.

To anyone having trouble with the eye-boss:
The pillar can be activated multiple times to turn it green/blue. The eyes will randomly turn red/blue/green. You can damage the eyes when they are the same color as the pillar. You can simply activate the pillar and then go to where an eyeball appears and then wait for it to match the color of the pillar. For those that are less patient, you can match the pillar to an eyeball color that has just changed and then make a dash to that eye before it changes again. Also, remember that you must activate the pillar again after each time you damage an eye. After all 3 eyes are gone, simply activate the pillar again to destroy it.

Last edited:

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You should add Tonics in the tower maybe from the medic job, like 25% to get a tonic rather than an antidote. Considering how much bosses hurt you or an alchemy table since enemies kinda drop blood and you most likely have plenty of it from the tutorial.

Also the lunch event could be somewhat unnecessary, more of an interruption really. I found many times while exploring to be teleported for luch when i not needed

If you ever need someone to test a major update or patch to the game feel free to PM me i would love to test and play more of the game.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You should add Tonics in the tower maybe from the medic job, like 25% to get a tonic rather than an antidote. Considering how much bosses hurt you or an alchemy table since enemies kinda drop blood and you most likely have plenty of it from the tutorial.

Also the lunch event could be somewhat unnecessary, more of an interruption really. I found many times while exploring to be teleported for luch when i not needed

If you ever need someone to test a major update or patch to the game feel free to PM me i would love to test and play more of the game.
I had intended on adding a shop in The Tower, mostly to sell stuff but also with a few useful items you could purchase. I think tonics would be a good item for that.

I'm also kinda considering making all edible items (including antidotes) heal 1 health. That would probably help a lot.

I am adverse to adding the alchemy table to The Tower because the time events are very sensitive there. Some glitches occurred due to using cloth to remove wounds so I had to change that to use 10 minutes at a time instead of 1.

Should I remove the lunch event and keep only the breakfast and dinner events? I could also just have the dinner event and remove both of the others. There would be fewer opportunities to increase your relationship with Dillon but I could change the dinner event to increase it more.

These were originally intended to make players feel less in control, to annoy players when they are exploring the caves, and also to help pull players back that might get into bad situations (stuck in caves with no lantern fuel). BUT there is no need for the third effect since there is the whistle now and annoying the player is more of a side effect than being intentional.

I don't really know if your nutrtion or hydration would get too low though, if there's only one food event. Do you think just the one would be enough?

Alternatively I could also set it up so that Dillon "offers" to go eat at all 3 times, instead of pulling you away from whatever you're doing. I could even set it up such that he only offers if your nutrition and hydration are both at 500+.

The reason Dillon makes Sienna sit down to eat is that he is under orders to do so. I kinda wanted to have an event occur where the doctor force feeds Sienna (possibly with tubes) if the player consistently refuses to eat, in order to give the player the option to be extremely rebellious. I might go back and do this at some point. I'm also considering having the guard "demand payment" for fetching you (when you use the whistle) once Dillon is gone.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I did see you mentioning you could sell the extra things from blacksmith to a vendor. You could have a nerfed tonics for the tower. Like "Old Tonic" recover like 2-3 hp. This would make the blacksmith event more viable in order to get tonics even if they are bad. I personally didnt do much of blacksmith after i got all items for Dillon.

The 1 health per every consumable is nice idea. Would make use of the dozens of vegetables i have on my cahracter from the tutorial, but this will lead to the skyrim effect where you stuff yourself with 30 cabbages to recover health which will ulmately waste your materials. You could make it so that "Retry" on bosses heals you to 100 health. Considering some enemies on bosses like to hit you 2-3 times for no reason

Personally the problematic event for me was indeed the lunch. Since breakfast happens so fast ( litteraly 3-4 clicks on the milk storage place) doesnt even matter, only the lunch would pull me whenever i didnt want or even bosses (example scorpion death synced with the lunch). I dont think nutrution/hydratation drop down THAT fast to need 3 eating. And even that you have a ridiculous amount of food collected from tutorial. The problem if there was would be the water, since the wells in the tower dont seem to recover.

The offering part is also nice. You could combine it with lunch removal or make the lunch to be offered instead forced.. If your hydratation+nutrition are like 500+ he will ask you if you want. And just for a failsafe if your hunger/nutrition drop to very low amounts to prevent health loss he will force you to go eat. After all its his duty to keep you alive.

The idea for "payment" for using whistle is a nice touch. It will make you think about using it. Maybe some sort of negative effect, like hydratation+nutrition "damage" after the "sex" if thats what the payment is going to be.