What's new

ACT Patreon Active [nonoplayer] Tentacles Thrive

eleniak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Always a good Business Deal v1.06 + Tentacles Thrive

Hey thank you for the invaluable feedback~

I will add a smaller, less visible title above the Type, Class and Attack Type for the stats on the right. I hope it won't be too congested. As for the graph, yea I totally see what you guys meant. It is fancy for non-sense and I was hoping I could get away with it... I think I should change it to plain stats for easier reading.

The cost on the top right corner is not clear enough, but I am having a hard time to describe it without making the cards look congested. So I am relying on a simple tutorial to help me explain the cost and the effect trigger else where.
I get what you're saying, you don't want too much clutter on these. That's why I was saying it's hard to judge these without the other context. As long as you have a good explanation in the game of what that cost is, for example, something that simple is perfectly fine. As far as how it looks on the card, it's good as is in my opinion.

For the graph, I think I know what you were going for, but that kind of graph only works if either the scale is the same for every value, or you don't have values at all and just use them as a method of rough comparison. Honestly, my opinion would be to just go the simple route and use numbers. You could actually free up some space that way to use with the adjustments for the right side's info to boot.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Great. These are really helpful. I will combine them along with some others' wonderful advice, and then come back with an update on the stats UI. Too bad the graph doesn't work out, was hoping people would just need to take a glance at it when they do a comparison between monsters.

156_163_146_167

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think the graph can still work out. And I think it is a good way to show the stats at a glance. It's just that the stats, and where they lie on the graph don't quite make sense. At least not compared to one another. When comparing the graphs of two monsters, you can quickly see that one has more HP than the other.

The different scales of the stats in the graphs doesn't really bother me. As long as they are consistent in some way, it's fine. And I think you've gone with the approach of having them plotted between a minimum and maximum value of that particular stat, instead of having them all be on the same scale. So if you can only have 200 HP, a monster with only 60 won't have a very high spike for that stat.

A graph like this does make more sense if all the data on it uses the same scale. So perhaps it's wiser to either make it so all stats have follow that same scale, or to use some different way to visualize this data. The former would mean more work I'd imagine. The latter maybe a bit easier. If the graphs are purely to make comparison easier, maybe implement a proper compare feature. One where you can select two monsters and see how one compares to the other by showing the difference. So in this case when you compare Carcas to P.goff, it would have +60 HP, -50 AG, and -9 ATT.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think the graph can still work out. And I think it is a good way to show the stats at a glance. It's just that the stats, and where they lie on the graph don't quite make sense. At least not compared to one another. When comparing the graphs of two monsters, you can quickly see that one has more HP than the other.

The different scales of the stats in the graphs doesn't really bother me. As long as they are consistent in some way, it's fine. And I think you've gone with the approach of having them plotted between a minimum and maximum value of that particular stat, instead of having them all be on the same scale. So if you can only have 200 HP, a monster with only 60 won't have a very high spike for that stat.

A graph like this does make more sense if all the data on it uses the same scale. So perhaps it's wiser to either make it so all stats have follow that same scale, or to use some different way to visualize this data. The former would mean more work I'd imagine. The latter maybe a bit easier. If the graphs are purely to make comparison easier, maybe implement a proper compare feature. One where you can select two monsters and see how one compares to the other by showing the difference. So in this case when you compare Carcas to P.goff, it would have +60 HP, -50 AG, and -9 ATT.
I would love the graph to work out, but the HP and the Attack will forever be on a different scale. It is because the number for Attack is a fraction of HP. As for a compare feature, it's a nice suggestion. Perhaps after I finish building the demo.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry have been rushing for the battle prototype. Here is an updated version of the monsters stats graph. I think its easier to read. Although without the graph it does look like it lacks some orginality, if I have learned anything all these years: always put functionality first.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hum, quick question. Can the values change over the game (with level, upgrades, or things like that?).

Because if it doesn't, you could translate that in percentage.

For instance, if 20 atk and 100 hp are the baseline, a monster with 23 atk and 90 hp can have "atk 115%, HP 90%", and thus, you can have a graph without weird numbers.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hum, quick question. Can the values change over the game (with level, upgrades, or things like that?).

Because if it doesn't, you could translate that in percentage.

For instance, if 20 atk and 100 hp are the baseline, a monster with 23 atk and 90 hp can have "atk 115%, HP 90%", and thus, you can have a graph without weird numbers.
I like your creative way to solve the scale problem:) But I think the graph is gone for good. Simple reduction is probably easier for when people try to estimate say how many attacks to kill a monster.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sharing a mating scene for Nodder. After 9 years of animating with Flash, we still get to discover some new techniques. Though the colors are somehow a bit altered from the original.

Last edited:

DeeFrost

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's awesome. It would be super hot if there other girls being bred in the background. They don't have to be animated or anything. It would just be hot to see a breeding den type environment.

Also, consentacles.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's awesome. It would be super hot if there other girls being bred in the background. They don't have to be animated or anything. It would just be hot to see a breeding den type environment.

Also, consentacles.
I can decorate it with lively tentacles. Though I can't use other ladies, as we can only have one queen. For now that is :)

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For anyone who wants to give a try, here is the public version:
The battle is the most difficult part of the development, this was built as a tool aim to help with testing. Please don't mind having 6 lanes, the test sound effects, the layering bugs, lack of puzzle etc. Much progress has been made since then.

Also sharing some animation with some new stats and UI design.

Last edited:
OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for the slow update, been rushing for the battle prototype. Sharing some concept arts that are designed by Augustinas. They are so strangely wonderful!

Now that the most difficult part (the battle) is out of the way, I am finalizing the rest of the gameplay design, which includes a new concept of leveling up monsters! This feature affects ability OUTSIDE of battlefield only, so we can maintain our battle balance as the game progresses. I am thinking to create 1~100 rating for the following outside-of-battle attributes:
Senses
Intelligence
Traveling
Endurance
Cooperativeness
Appearance
Camouflage
Special

And then allow players to pick and assign the monsters to do various activities, where the outcome would be based on the assigned monster's attributes. Example of tasks are:
Harvest
Hunting
New species discovery
Defend
Spying
Tribute
Message delivery
Slaves converting

I think I am running out of ideas for more activities. Would love to hear some ideas from you guys~

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

No...no support from my home court? >_<

Hope this can give you guys some excitment~

Cirrus

Cirrus, a tier 4, Power class offense unit. Audacity personified is this species. To them, a mate is property to be marked and mounted. During their vigorous copulation, they will strike at their mates with vine-like appendages, leaving welts for all the world to see. They are also not averse to choking, though purely to assert their dominance and not to kill. While they do not care much for their partner's pleasure, their prowess is impressive, often leaving the victim sore in other, more pleasurable ways. They prefer jungled areas, as the surroundings suit their physique and temperament.

LangdonAlger

Reputation score

That's very visually appealing, man! Sorry if you already mentioned it, but which software are you using for the animations. I was thinking about using Dragon Bones, but I like how fluid your animations are. Congratulations! :)

eleniak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No...no support from my home court? >_<
Sorry, man. I'd love to help, but I'm honestly not sure what to suggest for activities. Actually, I'm not 100% sure how they fit into the game yet. Did you mention how the basic game flow was going to work? Is this a turn based strategy game more or less? That's the idea I was getting but I can't remember if you ever actually explained it here.

Reputation score

Sorry, man. I'd love to help, but I'm honestly not sure what to suggest for activities. Actually, I'm not 100% sure how they fit into the game yet. Did you mention how the basic game flow was going to work? Is this a turn based strategy game more or less? That's the idea I was getting but I can't remember if you ever actually explained it here.
I think he's talking more about how there is very little thread activity rather than asking for development help. The OP already has the outline of the game.

That being said, nonoplayer, I love the direction this game is taking and I love the constant update posts.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

That's very visually appealing, man! Sorry if you already mentioned it, but which software are you using for the animations. I was thinking about using Dragon Bones, but I like how fluid your animations are. Congratulations! :)
Thanks on behalf of the team! We use Flash and After Effects, the above animation was done in Flash.

Hi eleniak~ The game should be categorized as SLG genre I believe(turn-based, against computer), with love sim, and real-time strategic battle elements. The new concept of leveling up monster by either using more of a species on the battle, or becoming more intimate with Lilith, its something in hopes to create more dynamics between the SLG, love sim and battle gameplay. But none of these are considered RPG I believe.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think he's talking more about how there is very little thread activity rather than asking for development help. The OP already has the outline of the game.

That being said, nonoplayer, I love the direction this game is taking and I love the constant update posts.
Appreciate the interest!

I like to listen to people' idea, the only fear is not able to implement them all. But other than that I enjoy listening, because I can sit and think all year and still not come up with something as awesome as someone who just thought about it for a few minutes.

156_163_146_167

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I gotta say, those animations for the monsters themselves look very smooth. But in comparison the big H-animations look quite janky. I get that they're drawn frame by frame, and that that takes time, but at the same time having some more frames in the animation would do wonders I think.

How was that animation for "Always a good business deal" done in the first post? That one looks very smooth.

neokima

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game looks very good, not only do the animation look top-notch, but also the game itself looks like fun! Keep up the good work! I'm following your steps!:D