What's new

ACT Patreon Active [nonoplayer] Tentacles Thrive

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Always a good Business Deal v1.06 + Tentacles Thrive

Thanks mate, I will tell my man Bao. He is the main guy behind this one.

Just curious, do you guys like mean, evil monsters; or gentle, tender type?

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I like da bad mean ones!

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Haha...same here. Something about girl enjoys borderline rapey or being submissive that intrigues me:eek: Being nice doesn't do it for me, unless it is under certain kind of twisted setting.

Oh man, I might need help.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Haha I like the contrast of both in a game. It's like Bob Ross. Gotta have opposites. Light and dark. Gotta have a little sadness so you know when the good times come. Or uh, in tentacle parlance, gotta have a little savage throatfucking and reaming to go with the hypnosis and tender stuff!

156_163_146_167

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm more partial to the gentle, tender side of that spectrum. Games where seduction/hypnosis play a role are some of my favourite. Let me put it this way: I like cooperative intercourse (doesn't have to be willingly) better than the forceful stuff.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Haha I like the contrast of both in a game. It's like Bob Ross. Gotta have opposites. Light and dark. Gotta have a little sadness so you know when the good times come. Or uh, in tentacle parlance, gotta have a little savage throatfucking and reaming to go with the hypnosis and tender stuff!
lmao, I think I agree with you, as long as there is throating or reaming:D

I'm more partial to the gentle, tender side of that spectrum. Games where seduction/hypnosis play a role are some of my favourite. Let me put it this way: I like cooperative intercourse (doesn't have to be willingly) better than the forceful stuff.
So you prefer the character not showing painful expression. I am literally working on a mating scene with a species that specializes in roughness. I don't think you will enjoy it too much...

But they say...no pain no gain ^O^

Last edited:

KGery

Reputation score

I don't mind rough, evil tentacles, after all that's how almost everyone sees them at first and tentacles in general are considered evil monsters I believe. (Talking about tentacles in general, outside of any specific myth or fictional universe.)

However i am a huge fan of constentacles, so while I do not expect them to be a majority, I hope there will be species which treat their prey well in exchange for producing their offspring. Again, I don't mean they should be gentle or care about unnecessary human things like ethics or sympathy, providing their prey with nutrients and protecting it from other threats is good enough for a tentacle (in my opinion).

Sorry, maybe i got carried away a bit. These are just my opinions as a fellow tentacle enthusiast. Can't wait to see a playable demo so i can start throwing money at you :D

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't mind rough, evil tentacles, after all that's how almost everyone sees them at first and tentacles in general are considered evil monsters I believe. (Talking about tentacles in general, outside of any specific myth or fictional universe.)

However i am a huge fan of constentacles, so while I do not expect them to be a majority, I hope there will be species which treat their prey well in exchange for producing their offspring. Again, I don't mean they should be gentle or care about unnecessary human things like ethics or sympathy, providing their prey with nutrients and protecting it from other threats is good enough for a tentacle (in my opinion).

Sorry, maybe i got carried away a bit. These are just my opinions as a fellow tentacle enthusiast. Can't wait to see a playable demo so i can start throwing money at you :D
Glad we have a consensus on nice tentacles:p Not gonna have species that would worry about if their kids are going to school or if they are becoming a doctor :D

That would become too much like real life.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I guess this is a chicken or egg question - is your artist designing the sex scenes first and you're fitting your bestiary to it, or are you coming up with a monster concept and then the artist works from there?

Mean, evil monsters is certainly the norm with tentacle stuff, and also part of the appeal - normal human girl getting dominated by some sort of insatiable beast.

But with the sheer number of critters you're going for, variety would make sense.

If concept comes before art, then you'd want to consider whether the critter is fucking the girl because it thinks she's also a monster (which seems to be part of your game concept), or whether the critter actually hunts humans to create spawn.

A monster that thinks the girl is a fellow (consenting) monster would probably have a much lighter touch than a monster that expects to be fucking her into submission. And how the latter thing would work out would depend on whether the monster means to just impregnate her and leave or if it plans to keep her.

Also just wanted to comment that your artists' work on this so far is pretty damn hot.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I guess this is a chicken or egg question - is your artist designing the sex scenes first and you're fitting your bestiary to it, or are you coming up with a monster concept and then the artist works from there?

Mean, evil monsters is certainly the norm with tentacle stuff, and also part of the appeal - normal human girl getting dominated by some sort of insatiable beast.

But with the sheer number of critters you're going for, variety would make sense.

If concept comes before art, then you'd want to consider whether the critter is fucking the girl because it thinks she's also a monster (which seems to be part of your game concept), or whether the critter actually hunts humans to create spawn.

A monster that thinks the girl is a fellow (consenting) monster would probably have a much lighter touch than a monster that expects to be fucking her into submission. And how the latter thing would work out would depend on whether the monster means to just impregnate her and leave or if it plans to keep her.

Also just wanted to comment that your artists' work on this so far is pretty damn hot.
Oh we are definitely going for variety. I am just curious to know what the majority people like. As for the process of designing monsters, visions are sometimes provided but not always. So everyone gets to enjoy designing in their own ways.

Interesting point of view about hunting for a mate. But it reminds me of Peacock Spider(a real species): its the male responsibility to hunt for female, though it has to be real careful because if the female doesn't digg his little dance, he could get killed. And after the mating, he can also get eaten, by the one who he just had sex with. That poor thing, life is tough for some animals...

That being said, the variety will include a mix of evil and good monsters, afterall we have at least 64 species. Some will be less fortunate...like the Peacock Spider XD

Last edited:

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I know this is controversial but... aren't rape fantasies by far one of the most common turn-ons for women? (obviously not actual rape)

I seem to recall some number of polls indicating that it was a top kink. Scientific study revolving around sex is alarmingly under-studied, so I would take all of that with a grain of salt. But it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Some kind of small evolutionary holdover? But its probably something closer to the feeling of being "dominated" and letting the partner "lose control" because of their desire for you (and giving control over to them, in turn). Either way, I'd say without a doubt, bdsm/sub/dom play is overwhelmingly the most common kink.

And since nobody playing this is actually going to take this game as reality, evil rapey tentacle monsters is well within acceptable bounds for most, I'd say. Not exactly that far out there of a kink. Especially in the realm of hentai.

Personally, I enjoy the gentle loving stuff just as much as the evil forceful horrific stuff. With either partner (or both) being the one to take control, or lost to lust.

Last edited:
OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I know this is controversial but... aren't rape fantasies by far one of the most common turn-ons for women? (obviously not actual rape)

I seem to recall some number of polls indicating that it was a top kink. Scientific study revolving around sex is alarmingly under-studied, so I would take all of that with a grain of salt. But it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. Some kind of small evolutionary holdover? But its probably something closer to the feeling of being "dominated" and letting the partner "lose control" because of their desire for you (and giving control over to them, in turn). Either way, I'd say without a doubt, bdsm/sub/dom play is overwhelmingly the most common kink.

And since nobody playing this is actually going to take this game as reality, evil rapey tentacle monsters is well within acceptable bounds for most, I'd say. Not exactly that far out there of a kink. Especially in the realm of hentai.

Personally, I enjoy the gentle loving stuff just as much as the evil forceful horrific stuff. With either partner (or both) being the one to take control, or lost to lust.
I think you could be right on bdsm/sub/dom being the common kink. Perhaps that's why 50 shades of greys is the most popular erotic materials for women. Either that or women who enjoy these fantasies ought to buy these books more often, or it really is a good book XD.

Come to think of it, our story should emphasize on dominations more than just physical alone, like intelligence, resources, social representation etc.

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think you could be right on bdsm/sub/dom being the common kink. Perhaps that's why 50 shades of greys is the most popular erotic materials for women. Either that or women who enjoy these fantasies ought to buy these books more often, or it really is a good book XD.

Come to think of it, our story should emphasize on dominations more than just physical alone, like intelligence, resources, social representation etc.
Ehhh... I dunno. The only thing more vanilla than dom/sub kink is missionary sex. If you really want to branch out in vanilla kinks, I'd say scrap the tentacle monster idea and just go for a financially stable single dad who is into crossfit and models as a side job.

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Ehhh... I dunno. The only thing more vanilla than dom/sub kink is missionary sex. If you really want to branch out in vanilla kinks, I'd say scrap the tentacle monster idea and just go for a financially stable single dad who is into crossfit and models as a side job.
Please, leave such dangerous ideas away from the tentacle hentai content creators!

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I know I've heard at least the following two reasons:
* What you said: the fantasy of being so attractive to someone what the sub also finds attractive that the dom can't help themselves. Kinda "topping from below".
* Freeing them from the virgin/whore complex; they want to enjoy sex, they're in a society that punishes them if they do so; if they're raped then it's "clearly" not their fault.
** Of course, given the amount of victim blaming that happens after real-world rapes actually do happen that's not how things actually work, but, well, fantasies.

I'm certain there are other reasons, too.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I did a little googling. Turns out the most supported explanations for rape fantasy are sexual openness (I’m free to fantasize anything.) followed by sexual desirability (I’m so hot. I drive men crazy.) You learn something new every day...gonna apply it on Lilith.

I won't be using financially stable dad idea, I did that on my last game :p

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Still working on the battle prototype. Meanwhile, let me share some animation work and enemy stats with you guys.

Not sure if the UI is clear enough. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm, didn't get what the monster traits meant at first, a small title above it might help. But it looks good overall, pretty clear.

Nice animations btw, honestly some of the best I've seen in any hentai game

eleniak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's hard to accurately judge the UI without the context of the rest of the game, but I'll give you a little feedback on what sticks out to me.

Those items in the upper right, the 2x one symbol on one and 3x a different symbol on the other, is that supposed to be a cost or something? It would probably make more sense if I had seen those symbols elsewhere but in a vacuum it's nonsense.

Do the kills matter for anything? Are they like experience and the creatures can level up or are they just information? I assume just information and if so that part seems fine.

The picture with the stats is kind of off. The different stats are clearly on different scales which makes it look silly. It's especially noticeable on the P.goff where the attack stat is the lowest but sticks out farther from the center than the HP stat, which is three times larger from a purely numerical perspective. Although, really, all you would need to do to fix it would be remove the numbers so that the symbol can function as a relative scale. If this is the only place you can see the stats, maybe just change it to plain numbers. It's the combination of the two that's problematic.

Like the person before me said, the traits are a little vague on first glance. This is another thing that could be just fine depending on if it's explained elsewhere in the game, though. The effects are in a similar situation, they will probably be fine as is once we've seen the combat, and honestly they aren't that hard to figure out anyway.

I hope that's the kind of feedback you're looking for. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this game.

Edit: went back and looked at some older pictures to refresh my memory. I see that the upper right thing is basically a cost, but what I assumed was a kill counter isn't a counter at all, but a trigger for the effect. That isn't clear at all from just these pictures. Up to you whether to explain it elsewhere or try to make it more clear on these stat sheets.

Last edited:
OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey thank you for the invaluable feedback~

I will add a smaller, less visible title above the Type, Class and Attack Type for the stats on the right. I hope it won't be too congested. As for the graph, yea I totally see what you guys meant. It is fancy for non-sense and I was hoping I could get away with it... I think I should change it to plain stats for easier reading.

The cost on the top right corner is not clear enough, but I am having a hard time to describe it without making the cards look congested. So I am relying on a simple tutorial to help me explain the cost and the effect trigger else where.

Last edited: