What's new

ACT Patreon Active [nonoplayer] Tentacles Thrive

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Always a good Business Deal v1.06 + Tentacles Thrive

Looks promising. Stands out against the usual Patreon crowd.

I'm not sure I would put too much faith in the results of any internet poll, whichever way it goes. Easily manipulated, and usually just attract the most extreme opinions, while the majority is somewhere inbetween. The best creative results can come from a bit of restraint, sure... but its probably best to just go with what fits the game best - rather than what a few internet plebs demand you put in or remove.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Don't worry, I have written down in requirement spec to have a setting for skipping pregnancy graphics.

Thank you for the pointing out issues with internet poll. I do have about 5% mechanics that I am being indecisive about throughout the years and will require some of your help. One of them being:

1. When will Lilith get pregnant? Like every 3 times being mated? Or completely random?

The benefit for the former method is players know for certain when she gets pregnant, while the latter feels more natural.

Sharing some Tentacles Encyclopedia
Careful reading into the lore of each species will help with understanding their habitats, sexual habits and personalities.

Last edited:

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's kind of hard to give a good answer right now. Does mating cost resources or something similar? Will the game allow for save-reload? If so, then random kind of encourage the player to use reloading until the desired outcome; it's kind of letting the player choose, but more inconvenient.

On the other hand, third time pregnant does sound a bit weird, and encourage players to use two times first whichever option is cheaper/easier first to prepare for the third. It kind of give a minor strategic aspect to this whole thing though, so I 'd favor this option at the moment. The real answer depends on what the other mechanism of the game will be :)

I'm not a fan of that Cirrus fellow; I don't think he'll be getting too much action in my play through!

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It's kind of hard to give a good answer right now. Does mating cost resources or something similar? Will the game allow for save-reload? If so, then random kind of encourage the player to use reloading until the desired outcome; it's kind of letting the player choose, but more inconvenient.
I would agree, if it's completely random, that would encourage "savescumming" as it's called by the roguelike crowd. It encourages the player to do a boring, repetitive action to get the desired outcome.

However, if you gave the player ways to increase the chance, possibly even to 100%, that would alleviate the problem. Could be anything from potions to magic rituals or spells. Would fit right into the lore.

Reputation score

If you wanted to give birth to a certain creature you can do it like the game nursery demon's ground did it and have a certain item used first then you give birth to what you want.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm not a fan of that Cirrus fellow; I don't think he'll be getting too much action in my play through!
Haha I hear you Ayra, you are not a big fan of bad boys :)

I do need to present more information as the subject involves other elements in the play. Here are the confirmed elements:

1. All breeding takes place in the Tentacles Secret Garden, where the collected species reside in seven habitats including, the Queen's Nest, Jungle, Swamp, Cave, Volcano, and two other unconfirmed places.
2. 19 of the species are only discover-able through geometrical search; 28 species can only be created through breeding; and 13 species can be discovered by both methods.
3. The map consists of 64+ places. We start by holding 1 place(the Humana Kingdom). Searching geometrically within conquered border has 65% higher chances of discovering the local species.

4. In terms of what elements determine the type of species that Lilith breeds, I want to have both random and certain mediums; where the randomness is determined by who just mated with Lilith, and the certain method is by mating a certain 2 or 3 species(eg A + B + C = E).

So the how many coitus to get pregnant is directly related to point 4. As to cost, let's assume 1 term per coitus before it gets too complicated(each round has 5 terms, game has 100 rounds). And magical items wise, even though its a great idea, I will try to stick with the biological theme first before considering it. I might however consider having 2 rounds of pregnancy period as a mean to discourage save/load strategy.

Last edited:

DeeFrost

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Will there be other female characters that can be bred, or just Lilith? Like characters that can be captured and put in a breeding pit or something?

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Will there be other female characters that can be bred, or just Lilith? Like characters that can be captured and put in a breeding pit or something?
Just Lilith for now. It might be difficult to implement another character because of having frame by frame animation. But in the future who knows ^O^...

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So I had been thinking during shower...choosing "third time's a charm" for certain pregnancy would make more sense, since it won't interrupt guarantee pregnancy. Say A+B+C=E, but if we have randomized pregnancy rate in place, Lilith could get pregnant after A+B, which would interrupt the player's plan:eek:.

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The art reminds me of this.
The artsits credited were Augustina and Bao, so I'm wondering if there's like a pseudonym name going on or what, because I really like the art.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The art reminds me of this.
The artsits credited were Augustina and Bao, so I'm wondering if there's like a pseudonym name going on or what, because I really like the art.
Yes that's him! Haha how do you even recognize his work from just a few pics...

This is his Pixiv:

I will ask him to upload an animation to his Pixiv tomorrow. Looks like I need to announce his official joining sooner!

Last edited:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You've certainly picked a mythologically appropriate name for your heroine.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You've certainly picked a mythologically appropriate name for your heroine.
Haha thanks, I think it's way better than Medusa.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the game info!

So I had been thinking during shower...choosing "third time's a charm" for certain pregnancy would make more sense, since it won't interrupt guarantee pregnancy. Say A+B+C=E, but if we have randomized pregnancy rate in place, Lilith could get pregnant after A+B, which would interrupt the player's plan:eek:.
If the results of the pregnancy is partially based on making mixes, then I definitely agree with you that the "third time's a charm" method is preferable to the others. It's an interesting setup; I'm giving it a thumbs up (for what that's worth :))

So the plan is to have 500 "turns" to finish the game? Does that mean you have to conquer everything in that time frame or else you get a bad ending?

That art on the pixiv is absolutely marvelous!

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the game info!

If the results of the pregnancy is partially based on making mixes, then I definitely agree with you that the "third time's a charm" method is preferable to the others. It's an interesting setup; I'm giving it a thumbs up (for what that's worth :))

So the plan is to have 500 "turns" to finish the game? Does that mean you have to conquer everything in that time frame or else you get a bad ending?

That art on the pixiv is absolutely marvelous!
Glad you like the idea of "third time's a charm" :) And yea, my man's work leave so much to imagination XD. I am preparing to introduce him and Augustinas this weekend, who is also very talented in monsters designing.

The ending system is still being developed, I am flexible on taking suggestions. The current idea is like you said, 500 turns to achieve your goal, and the ending will be based upon the final balance between Tentacles race, Humana Kingdom and the enemies, as well as Lilith's loyalty and favored Tentacle species. I wouldn't say there is bad ending, more like achieving different endings would require different playing styles.

Hardokay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The artworks looks really good.

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The artworks looks really good.
Thanks man! I will show my men the support from this thread. I hope I live up to their standard and get my parts done right.

willaberhaben

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The ending system is still being developed, I am flexible on taking suggestions. The current idea is like you said, 500 turns to achieve your goal, and the ending will be based upon the final balance between Tentacles race, Humana Kingdom and the enemies, as well as Lilith's loyalty and favored Tentacle species. I wouldn't say there is bad ending, more like achieving different endings would require different playing styles.
Are you planning on some NG+ then?

OP
nonoplayer

nonoplayer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Are you planning on some NG+ then?
Definitely! I can't say I have put a lot of thought in it, but we should have options to start with some species we ended the last game with, at least. I need to do more research on this after I complete the tasks on my list, or perhaps some one can elaborate more on the subject.

Last edited:

koitchi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

will this new game be provided after completion? or will it have a price?