What's new

ACT [暁音] Nightmare Sphere

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Nightmare Sphere is out...

Playing in English is a lot easier than playing in Japanese...

I've beaten about 7 bosses atm I think. Really fun game. Thanks Mia! *HUGS*

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I have full strength but move so slow T_T. Is any stats worth it beside QUI and Str?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I have the boar boss and the werewolf boss. . . and now I'm stuck. Any pointers?
A bit to the upper right of the room with the second save point is a room where one door has a lot of barrels forming a staircase to it. If you jump, air-dash to the right, and then use the up+sword special attack and you can reach a hanging ball and chain. From there you can get through a hole in the ceiling. There is probably a better way to the area past there, but that's how I did it.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If you click "keep" in your options screen (next to the map name), you bookmark your location and can return to it anytime. Helpful with the second Ice Boss.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

someone asked what QUI is
Horizontal speed, as the game explained it.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, and another tip - if you max out the sword's "up" attack, you can use it in the air and as such can double- or even triple jump. You can also chain them for massive damage.

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

I like it, they did a great job with this game. Very SoTN.
Most important two skills in the game are two points in sword up and 1 point in Sword down. The double sword up is fully the same high as a jump, and can allow you access to double jump locations far earlier than you normally would. You can immediately cancel a sword up into a down and vice versa, basically letting you cut apart a boss in no time flat. Between the double jump, air slash and double air dash, you've got a huge amount of air mobility, enough to get around basically any height based obstacle.

There is still the problem with those blocks though. I have the feeling that they must be destroyed by elemental magic, but haven't yet seen anything of the sort. Can anyone confirm this?

Very nice find. Thanks again.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I like it, they did a great job with this game. Very SoTN.
Most important two skills in the game are two points in sword up and 1 point in Sword down. The double sword up is fully the same high as a jump, and can allow you access to double jump locations far earlier than you normally would. You can immediately cancel a sword up into a down and vice versa, basically letting you cut apart a boss in no time flat. Between the double jump, air slash and double air dash, you've got a huge amount of air mobility, enough to get around basically any height based obstacle.

There is still the problem with those blocks though. I have the feeling that they must be destroyed by elemental magic, but haven't yet seen anything of the sort. Can anyone confirm this?

Very nice find. Thanks again.
As it's pretty much the only boss left I can reach, I'm positive you get the fire magic from the second boss in the Ice section.

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

Excellent, I'll head into the ice section then.
If I'm right, this should open all the doors from the early part you saw. You saw how some of the ones later on looked transparent blue right? Probably some ice spell.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The second ice boss gives ice magic. Which should allow you into to blocked areas I've noticed in the castle.

Edit: I found a metroid...

Last edited:

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

No, normal speed for me. It may just be your computer.

Also: I found the double jump upgrade with the succubus boss (My third one although numbers don't help with order. I hit the werewolf first.)

For those having trouble getting to the third boss, make sure you have the second weapon. When it is equipped you can use it to bounce off certain grips. They are easily noticible when the second weapon is equipped because the say grip on top.

Edit: the up sword attack is extremely good against bosses in my opinion.
where's the succubus? :p

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

A bit to the upper right of the room with the second save point is a room where one door has a lot of barrels forming a staircase to it. If you jump, air-dash to the right, and then use the up+sword special attack and you can reach a hanging ball and chain. From there you can get through a hole in the ceiling. There is probably a better way to the area past there, but that's how I did it.
As far as I can tell, this is the only way to get to the succubus area. as well as the ice area.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Do I need Winrar to run this game?

Also, could I get a screen shot or two to see what its like?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Do I need Winrar to run this game?

Also, could I get a screen shot or two to see what its like?
Think Castlevania, and you don't need anything really to run it. The files are zipped and not rarred.

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

Bah, that's an ice orb, not a fire orb.
Makes more sense considering it came from an ice boss though.

worker

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice catch. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Bowser

Lurker
Reputation score

Well shoot, ok, that makes sense in a sort of way. Ice orb breaks through fire barriers. Done and done.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

yea ._.
Opposite elements man.

worker

Lurker
Reputation score

Here's the first thing I noticed...the game will penalize you for being raped too often, even after death. Your pollution meter will be kept even after you lose all your health and revive at a save point. Shutting off the game instead of using the revive button will get you back to your previously-saved state, but considering the loading time for the game, you probably don't want this...

I think I'll go for the full corruption way :D