What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

I'm guessing this game will cost 20 bucks upon release? It seems good enough to be worth it from the demo should the rest of the content be good. Certainly seems like one of the very few H-games out there that had actual effort put into it. It also seems to carry very intelligent game design choices as well, which made me pretty happy. I liked all the options I had from the very start of the game, even down to just guarding to recover my stats before the power gets reactivated. Seems like everything was balanced very wisely.

So, the demo's pretty impressive. Hopefully the full game will follow suit. You probably won't include it for game design purposes, but this game would be an easy 20 buck sell for me if it had pregnancy of some description. Unless it 'was' there and I just missed it, but I really did expect something from the bugs.

FlamingNegger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Tried the demo, feels pretty good. The only issue I had with it was that some of the letters painted on the wall are difficult to recognize. Initially, I looked at the B area with the 20 amp requirement and thought..."Where's the letter?". I went on running around like a headless chicken.

Are the fuses purchasable? Would be nice if they are. I screwed up on the fuse usage and ended up having to farm for more than half an hour for 4 of them.

Some of the monsters' special attacks are also not shown during combat. The boss unleashed "Tentacle" on me despite there being no display text and the turn-bar being blue on his turn. Is this intentional? The bars are supposed to be red when enemies charge up special attacks, right?

The maps though...are kind of difficult to recognize since they all use the same assets. Would be nice if each area could be more distinctive. Some splashes of paint on the wall etc would definitely help me navigate around in the absence of a minimap.

Thanks for the demo, would purchase it when it is released.

Last edited:

Zerrest

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's a very entertaining demo. The variability on the way to play the game is certainly impressive (it also means you don't have to do anything while waiting for the ladies to get molested, which is certainly a plus when I have to wait around for the AI to act a certain way). The game can be a little strenuous at times depending on how stingy a player is with items, but I noticed the consumable drop rates are quite generous, so people should take advantage of that.

I was about to be disappointed that Malise wasn't going to get 3P'd by the boss but I read that she's technically not even in this part of the game (I was wondering why she didn't say anything at all...)
That being said, if she has a CG for the boss' h-move, is the possibility of seeing it happen to her likely if the boss becomes a regular enemy later in the game? Or is that just for the sake of consistency with that fight. It teased me quite a bit...

I personally don't mind the lack of voice acting (the moaning tends to be overdone anyways, truthfully), and I'm very excited looking at its updates. The CGs provided in the public demo are great (the way cum is rendered makes it look so thick...)

Though I should note I'm leaning more towards Malise, ladies in snug bodysuits getting fucked six ways from sunday by all kinds of freaks? Yes.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh very nice! this demo is a huge improvement over the first demo the gameplay/layout are a lot better. the only thing I would like is some FX for the H, I want sex sounds. binding, slappy ,squishy noises!! and those dick fly things!!!! so hot, they stretch those holes need some sounds for that. don't care if the girls get voice just want to hear like somethings going on.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh very nice! this demo is a huge improvement over the first demo the gameplay/layout are a lot better. the only thing I would like is some FX for the H, I want sex sounds. binding, slappy ,squishy noises!! and those dick fly things!!!! so hot, they stretch those holes need some sounds for that. don't care if the girls get voice just want to hear like somethings going on.
please, no jello squishy sound effects :(

Ghaleonc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Impressed on this immensily. More surprised my system handle very well dispite its a 12 yr old hunk of junk. The graphics is excellent. The art is awesome. The battle system very good for a rpg maker. If I had money to support your Pateron I so would. But will eventually buy the end game product when its out though.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks like everyone's giving some feedback, so I thought I would share mine.

I've excluded most thoughts about the graphics and contents due to the game being an early beta build. Hence, my following comments are focused on the gameplay mechanics and the controls.

Gameplay mechanics: (There's some grey areas with content mentioned here.)

+ The mechanics are standard run around for random encounters and random drops.
+ The menu (when you press x) and the menus within are all pretty well laid-out and I very much like this layout; I very much like the small pic of each character's armor conditions (i would personally also like a visible number, but that's unnecessary).
+ The grapple mechanics are very nicely done; multi-staged with status effects
+ REALLY enjoy that the armor is not based on HP
+ the small menu during combat is nice since the combat is contiguous. Hence, does not block the view of the animated enemy nor your characters. (Also, the limited number of moves for combat are a nice limitation for late game. It be cleaner than the other games which might show a massive 50 skill menu in late game.)

Controls:

+ The standard buttons of RPGmaker games give an immediate familiar feel to the game
+ the combat, although different, is quite simple one you get used to it; i.e. played generally with just arrows - some moves require the confirmation with Z

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Thank you all for kind words and feedback.
EM will answer questions later... I don't know all the answers, and when I do I tend to say too much ;).

Some of the monsters' special attacks are also not shown during combat. The boss unleashed "Tentacle" on me despite there being no display text and the turn-bar being blue on his turn. Is this intentional? The bars are supposed to be red when enemies charge up special attacks, right?
No, this is not intentional. If you could answer few questions, it would really help us fix this:
1. Which battle time mode were you using at the time?
2. How was the previous hold on this character broken? (death, struggle, assist)
3. Was attacked character recently revived?
Thanks in advance.

Impressed on this immensily. More surprised my system handle very well dispite its a 12 yr old hunk of junk. The graphics is excellent. The art is awesome. The battle system very good for a rpg maker. If I had money to support your Pateron I so would. But will eventually buy the end game product when its out though.
Out of curiosity, what are the specs of that laptop and what does the game FPS counter indicate?

Well, have fun everyone :D.

Murky

Banned
Reputation score

Looks like everyone's giving some feedback, so I thought I would share mine.

I've excluded most thoughts about the graphics and contents due to the game being an early beta build. Hence, my following comments are focused on the gameplay mechanics and the controls.

Gameplay mechanics: (There's some grey areas with content mentioned here.)

+ The mechanics are standard run around for random encounters and random drops.
+ The menu (when you press x) and the menus within are all pretty well laid-out and I very much like this layout; I very much like the small pic of each character's armor conditions (i would personally also like a visible number, but that's unnecessary).
+ The grapple mechanics are very nicely done; multi-staged with status effects
+ REALLY enjoy that the armor is not based on HP
+ the small menu during combat is nice since the combat is contiguous. Hence, does not block the view of the animated enemy nor your characters. (Also, the limited number of moves for combat are a nice limitation for late game. It be cleaner than the other games which might show a massive 50 skill menu in late game.)

Controls:

+ The standard buttons of RPGmaker games give an immediate familiar feel to the game
+ the combat, although different, is quite simple one you get used to it; i.e. played generally with just arrows - some moves require the confirmation with Z

Wow you really are a "harsh critic"
How do you like the taste of his e-co**? ;)

Last edited:

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Pros!

+ Yay, an RPG Maker game I can read! On top of that, the dialogue is mostly funny or interesting depending on the situation. Furthermore, it gets to the point. One of my major beefs with RPG Maker games in general is that it seems like almost all of them make you read a novel's worth of bland, uninteresting dialogue to get anywhere.
+ The gameplay is intuitive for the most part and fun.
+ Art was excellent and unique.

Cons!

- Maybe I was just unlucky, but by about half way through level 3 I still didn't have nearly enough fuses. Maybe I missed a chest or two somehow, but I thought I backtracked through everything. Necessary grinding that early was a bit frustrating.
- Slugs, slimes, and giant flies just aren't my thing. It leaves me a bit on the fence about whether the hentai will do it for me personally.
- Not a huge deal usually, but I wouldn't mind having combat pause or slow when my turn comes up...maybe as an option.

Summary!

So after months of eagerly awaiting the demo I'm still just not sure if this is for me. The quality is there absolutely, but so far the hentai elements don't do much for me. I'll still be following this game to see the focuses of the later levels. If the first area and maybe another later aren't my thing but others are it will be worth forging through the less interesting stuff based on quality of gameplay and dialogue. Great work so far, and good luck from here on out!

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Wow you really are a "harsh critic"
How do you like the taste of his e-co**? ;)
I'll get on hammering shit hard once the actual game comes out. This is an early build and lacks content (for obvious reasons). I also know what I like. So if I like it, I'm not going to talk shit about what I like.

Bloodyryss

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Some Questions to the public Demo:

1. Is the Fleshfather beatable? Because im Level 5 with both characters and you have a Chance of 0% of even getting it below 50% HP or you can already say under 70% HP ...

2. Does the Fleshfather have some H-Events and they only get activated after you hit a certain HP or after a certain time or is there only "hitting" and "tentacle grabbing" for now?

3. IF the fleshfather is beatable is there anything after it or is it the end of the demo?

4. Are there more enemy Types or are there only 4 + 1 Boss for now?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I also really like that armor breaking doesn't tie to HP. You can play the game that way without having to worry about missing H-scenes.
- Not a huge deal usually, but I wouldn't mind having combat pause or slow when my turn comes up...maybe as an option.
You can already choose that from the options menu.

soulmaster318

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

1. Is the Fleshfather beatable? Because im Level 5 with both characters and you have a Chance of 0% of even getting it below 50% HP or you can already say under 70% HP ...

2. Does the Fleshfather have some H-Events and they only get activated after you hit a certain HP or after a certain time or is there only "hitting" and "tentacle grabbing" for now?

3. IF the fleshfather is beatable is there anything after it or is it the end of the demo?

1. Yes.
2. No, there is only "hitting"
3. A H event is waiting for you :D
4. There are 2 more enemies in v0.02, but it's only for patron

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Regarding Q1:

Neon's gun skill (not normal attack;; this skill costs 10 mana) interrupts the next move on hit. Thus, use it when the fleshfather is about to use tentacles. Just attack with malice and wait to use the interrupt skill for when the tentacle skill is being prepared.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Great visuals. Not only the main characters are gorgeous, but the enemies look very good and are all well animated. The environments feel unique, tho' there was little to no interaction in the map, it kind of felt flat.

I like the options to adjust the battle system the way you prefer it. I played with the pause function (like a turn-based fight), but I can definitely see myself going to the "real-time" version, when I get a little more used to the mechanics and skills, to add some more challenge to the game.

The demo was very light on H content tho'. The only thing I saw was that final boss event and it felt in no way sexual to me. I guess there are H attacks in the game, but I'm not interested in those. And playing the game with the turn based battle system, my characters were in complete control of the fights, so those attacks were easily avoidable.

No story or plot whatsoever either. I understand it's more like a tech demo, but that fact was disappointing to me.

I'll definitely support the project, but I'd like to see more before I do it. Some character to go along with those gorgeous avatars, some story to move the action.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the progress. Cheers.

Loogie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My two cents:

In previous versions, you were able to use skills outside of combat - like Neon's heal ability. Was not being able to use that just a consequence of the new menu system or an intended change to make players rely on first aid kits outside of combat?

Also, I thought it was weird that when the girls have dialog, the pictures for them were fully dressed even if their armor was damaged. Outfit continuity between talking and playing seems like a simple thing to add in, but I'm not the one programming it so there might be a limitation I'm not aware of.

REALLY looking forward to the next regular version!

jadex

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah. Alright. That demo was pretty awesome.

I got a bit stuck with the fuses, but didn't really mind having to grind more after I learned what to do via this forum.

Another thing I liked is that to access the boss h-scene you actually have to win. It encourages winning when most h-games require you to lose to get an h-scene with bosses. That was refreshing.

I suppose i'll go to the patreon and throw money at this especially since I get a free copy of the game on release with one of the tiers. Keep up the good work.

Cartoon Smut

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Still no humanoid sex ayyayyay :confused::confused::confused:

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Are you planning on adding sex sounds and moans?

Status
Not open for further replies.