What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

i really like the game so far, i hope that youll add some "human interaction" eventually ;)

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Help?

I'm stuck after I get back to the room directly south of the starting room. I started the generator already, I'm guessing there's some fuses I need to start but got no clue. I saw some b6 sign, and some 2D sign on the walls, but got no clue what to do...

Edit: Also, is it possible to break Neon's upper armor?

Last edited:

dd-209

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Help?

I'm stuck after I get back to the room directly south of the starting room. I started the generator already, I'm guessing there's some fuses I need to start but got no clue. I saw some b6 sign, and some 2D sign on the walls, but got no clue what to do...

Edit: Also, is it possible to break Neon's upper armor?
Fuse A corresponds to the door to and from the room with the regeneration/item swap tank. Fuse B matches the door in the middle of the main room that allows access to another couple of computer terminals (and an item iirc). Fuse C is the boss room.

Accessing the "A" doors means inserting a single 5 volt fuse into a terminal. "B" requires 20v, i.e. the two computers at the side of the main room and the two computers to the right in another room. The boss room needs 30v routed to "C", which I attained by putting C fuses in the two computers in the room accessed by door "B", then replacing all the "B" fuses with "C" since I no longer needed to get inside the "B" room.

Once you unlock and get close to the boss ("C") door you go through a cutscene and fight

So in short:

1 fuse to "A" in the terminal southwest of the area where you turn on the lights

4 fuses to "B" in the 2 terminals in the main room and the 2 terminals east of those

Go through the "B" door to put 2 fuses to "C" in that room, leave, then replace the 4 "B" terminals with 4 fuses set to "C"

Fight the final boss

AFAIK Neon's chest piece can't be damaged. It's part of her power core or something like that? So you can't see her breasts (yet).

Last edited:

Esgaldin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Question about in game music: this is custom music, and if yes where can I listen this musician(like on SoundCloud or Newgrounds or somewhere)?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well this was nothing short of awesome!

I really like that the battle system makes for good gameplay by making you enjoy the H-content without getting you frustrated at the same time. Or by wasting your time by that matter.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Question:

(I know this is v0.04, super early beta.)

Are there plans to have had sexual stats tracker? (Like those for HOTB)

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well this was nothing short of awesome!

I really like that the battle system makes for good gameplay by making you enjoy the H-content without getting you frustrated at the same time. Or by wasting your time by that matter.
Thanks, glad you like it.

Question:

(I know this is v0.04, super early beta.)

Are there plans to have had sexual stats tracker? (Like those for HOTB)
Well, public demo has 0.035 version number, but it's not the point...
Don't know how stats look in HOTB or what exactly Eromancer is planning, but IIRC H-stat tracking will be implemented somewhere along the line.
I'm pretty sure that even in current version there's basic stats tracking which was added as a proof of concept - it's just those stats aren't displayed anywhere... hell, I'm not sure if they even work as intended... it was so long ago ^^.

Reactions: Xil

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

In this scenario, there's a tunnel in the bottom right that say "this seems to open from the other side" - am I missing something, or are you not yet able to reach that other side in this demo?

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Is it impossible to equip the carbon suit? Is it a passive item?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Is it impossible to equip the carbon suit? Is it a passive item?
Nope, in the heat of the battle we forgot to mention this in game - item equipped in Body Armor slot can only be changed when inside ARIS unit.

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, realised pretty much just after I posted that that's what it's for

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nice to see us being able to equip new equipment, though I didn't notice any visual changes after swapping costumes (I assume they're not implemented yet).
Not all gear will have separate visuals. You can actually tell by the icon. The icon depicts the armor "type" (same with weapons). There will be two weapon types per character and multiple armor types per character. Each type will have many different items of varying quality. The icon color depicts quality/rarity by the way, though only the most basic quality exists in this demo.

Don't know if it was a mistake from the dev or not, but while I decrypted the game to look if I missed anything I noticed that you can see the scenes from the 1st/2nd patreon demo (which are not in the gameplay of the public demo) in the decrypted files.

So either something extra the devs threw in or download this current public demo before it gets corrected? :p
We just left the assets in since there was more likelihood of causing bugs by removing them. Plus it'll make it easier to add the ones we want to keep back in later.

Well 1 thing I liked is the amp fuse droprate got increased compared to the previous release or I'm just lucky this time.
Nope, you just got lucky. You can actually find enough fuses to complete the puzzle in chests, but the chest with the most is sort of hidden.

i really like the game so far, i hope that youll add some "human interaction" eventually ;)
Yup, definitely!

Question about in game music: this is custom music, and if yes where can I listen this musician(like on SoundCloud or Newgrounds or somewhere)?
It's either from my personal music project or by a friend's project. Once the full soundtrack is ready it will contain a list of similar artists that I've worked with in some musical aspect. We plan on releasing it eventually (maybe in segments to get it out there faster), so check back on the Patreon for updates!

In this scenario, there's a tunnel in the bottom right that say "this seems to open from the other side" - am I missing something, or are you not yet able to reach that other side in this demo?
Nope, not missing anything! It'll be utilized in a later version~.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Now that I've tried the public demo, I can give some input.
---
First of all, production values are through the roof! The shiny new interface is much appreciated, and the 3d models are very well made and animated.
The design of impressive. It feels like a really grimdark Phantasy Star, with some Shadowrun thrown in for flavor.
The fuse-hunting thing is about as good of a puzzle as can be expected from an RPGmaker game, and the random encounter rate isn't so high as to make it a pain in the butt.
The combat is really hectic in active time, but becomes manageable and a stimulating challenge when in wait mode. I like that you give us the option to also freeze time during the combat effects. By the way, is there a point to manual struggle? It's an impressive thing to implement in RPGmaker, but is doing well at it noticeably more effective then auto-struggle?
Finally, I've seen mentions of enemies and events that the demo doesn't cover. How much farther along is the back build? If there's even a decent amount more to be seen, I might buy the current version on Kimochi to help fund the project (and, yes, I know I'll be purchasing that specific version).

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Now that I've tried the public demo, I can give some input.
---
First of all, production values are through the roof! The shiny new interface is much appreciated, and the 3d models are very well made and animated.
The design of impressive. It feels like a really grimdark Phantasy Star, with some Shadowrun thrown in for flavor.
The fuse-hunting thing is about as good of a puzzle as can be expected from an RPGmaker game, and the random encounter rate isn't so high as to make it a pain in the butt.
The combat is really hectic in active time, but becomes manageable and a stimulating challenge when in wait mode. I like that you give us the option to also freeze time during the combat effects. By the way, is there a point to manual struggle? It's an impressive thing to implement in RPGmaker, but is doing well at it noticeably more effective then auto-struggle?
Finally, I've seen mentions of enemies and events that the demo doesn't cover. How much farther along is the back build? If there's even a decent amount more to be seen, I might buy the current version on Kimochi to help fund the project (and, yes, I know I'll be purchasing that specific version).
There's an entire other level with its own environment in 0.03. Only 2 (3?) enemies in it that aren't in this demo, but a solid hour of gameplay at least, in other words a comparable amount of content.

I am quite sure that if you're good at button mashing, manual struggle is more effective

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Very well done! Keep up the good work!

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Is there a way to skip the H finisher cut ins?

Tyke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i keep getting lost after i go through the first A door -.-

can anyone share a save before the first boss at C level? thx in advance

Foopert

Reputation score

Wow, that was fucking amazing (literally and figuratively). Love the interface and the battle style, having it all happen in real-time AND being able to play it with only one hand = a fantastic user interface!

Just wondering, will there be any full nude costumes? I'd love to have a playthrough with the characters wearing nothing but their bathing suit ;) I think it'd be a great challenge and unbelievably sexy at the same time.

Keep up the great work, you just earned yourself a patreon :D

Noh0One

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Have to say, I did enjoy the demo. It ran very smoothly on this laptop, impressive considering how badly it chokes on some other games. I was a bit surprised that the combat grapples weren't animated, but the transition between parts of a grab are actually well done and add some suspense. So good job there, thanks for taking the game effect into consideration.

If I had anything to critique, it's that the foreground scaffolding gets in the way of visibility quite a bit. I get that the atmosphere is supposed to be stifling, but it gets a bit annoying to see, even with the power and lights on. I've seen other games just shadow the scaffolding in shades of black or some other trick to make it less of a distraction.

If I may offer a recommendation, even if you probably aren't anywhere near close to implementing such a feature: some sort of "virtual reality" room to complement a gallery, where the player could choose what enemies to appear and just run around encountering groups of them. It seems like such a feature would be more entertaining than with most other games, and the random groups could be fun running into compared to a static pose gallery.

i keep getting lost after i go through the first A door -.-

can anyone share a save before the first boss at C level? thx in advance
Assuming you mean the public demo, here you go. The save is just above the C door, with the fuses already in place. The boss is pretty rough, but I was able to take it down with just these two. I assume just uploading a save won't be a problem.

Attachments

vietthai96

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

well, thank for the demo version, its very good, only one think make me sad is the game don't have character's voice in h-scene, i don't know official version have it or not but don't worry the other things is so good to play

Status
Not open for further replies.