What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kais

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

I love the demo, but i have 1 question, after defeat the boss, only neon can be raped? There any way to trigger the event with Malise?

dd-209

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I love the demo, but i have 1 question, after defeat the boss, only neon can be raped? There any way to trigger the event with Malise?
IIRC Malise isn't supposed to be present in that section in the final game (maybe she comes later to rescue Neon or something since she does have Vioreaper animations, but perhaps they appear elsewhere) so it makes no sense for her to be in that cutscene. To my knowledge her only h-interaction with the Fleshfather is the tentacle/constrict animation.

Last edited:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

What do you think I tried? xD

But there are some moments where you can't block it ... for example if it tries to tentacle you right after the first fail ... and 1 time tentacled often leads to 1 downed ally ...
Just kick it, you can free yourself after two kicks. It also depends on wether your armor isn't broken. Because his attacks are much stronger if it is.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It says in the beginning when you start the demo that the scenario in the full game will not include Malise and that she is only included to let players experience gameplay with both player characters. No sense in making art for a scene that won't even include the character when you're trying to get another version out the door at the beginning of March.

Not saying I wouldn't have wanted to see it, but it makes sense why separate art for Malise wasn't made.

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just kick it, you can free yourself after two kicks. It also depends on wether your armor isn't broken. Because his attacks are much stronger if it is.
Yep. I find that lvl5 neon breaks the tentacle with 1 kick most of the time. And lvl5 malice is usually 5 dmg off killing it in 1 kick.

Sasha

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

For people someone who played some of the previous betas, I found the demo to be kind of easy. Having Malise along with extra firepower and combat heal abilities, plus the Aris station, made it a lot easier to horde first aid and stims for emergencies.

That isn't necessarily a criticism either; I was really proud of my ability to use Neon's interrupt to stop enemy attacks, or even just selectively focus down enemies before they can use their abilities. I think the only H-attack I took on my first playthrough was a stage one hand-trap (I made sure to see the rest after... heh). The fleshfather was really easy to beat, just spam doubleshot with Malise and use interrupt with Neon whenever he gets an ability ready.

I'm sure the difficulty will go up later, and I really like how the game rewards skill. That said, I have noticed that in all of the versions I've played, the game seems impossibly hard at first, and then within half an hour or so starts to feel really easy. I imagine this will be less noticeable in the final version where the player has to keep learning new enemy attack patterns with every new level.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have two pieces of feedback:

1) When I was using Struggle and mashing left and right, it would sometimes hit the next character's action. For example, if both girls were being held, struggling for the first girl might end up hitting left on the second girl's action and cause them to kick. The timing to stop mashing is very slim to the next girl's actions.

2) I had a lot of difficulty figuring out whose action I'm currently performing. There needs to be clearer indication of which girl is doing the action because the hexagon background bit isn't enough. Sometimes that hexagon art gets completely covered up by H-Scenes, so it's really hard to see.

hollowvoice

Reputation score

ATTN: Eromancer: feature request below.

Yep. I find that lvl5 neon breaks the tentacle with 1 kick most of the time. And lvl5 malice is usually 5 dmg off killing it in 1 kick.
I beat Fleshfather with two Level 4s. It was a cakewalk. My previous attempt was with two level 3s. It was an utter rout. But my armor and lust also happened to be high. From this, I get the impression that your armor state and lust have a critical effect on how well you fight bosses. Your level is more of a raw stats effect - how long you can last, and how long it'll take you to DPS a boss down. The winning strat here appears to be letting Malise mainly DPS FF down with her double-revolvers, or normal attacks to save something for breaking free, while Neon shoots and saves her interrupt for tentacles when possible, but primarily to interrupt FF's self-heal.

I also found and played an earlier iteration of the game where it's just Neon vs. FF, and it was noticeably easier - the tentacle attack is much slower. In the newer version, if Neon shoots the boss, there's a good chance it'll get its tentacle attack off before Neon even gets to her next action. Which brings me to a feature request for Ero/Altair:

Would it break the game to have Guard take much less time - say, half, and restore half as many HP/EP? That would easily enable holding one's action to anticipate what an enemy does. Without it, I find Neon often has to do something, and may as well shoot, and now it's tentacle time and there's nothing for it but to spend energy breaking out.

If they have a speed / haste / dex / agility stat (I forget if they do), you could even tie guard time to this - the higher the stat, the lower the guard time, signifying an improvement in their reflexes, which might be necessary to beat off (ahem) enemies with certain very fast special abilities. Could be fun.

Last edited:

nanaya1234

Lurker
Reputation score

Anybody mind uploading a save right before the boss?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, I unfortunately only read the thread after I finished playing, so I didn't take screenshots or save the error logs for each and I have only the most basic idea of what I did to cause them so it's really useless information. I'll e-mail the last error log just in case there's some use for it but I'm really doubtful...
Every bit of information counts and your report was pretty good. Also, error log shows all crashes and additional information helping us debug certain weird behavior... weird thing is that log you've sent us had only two crash entries, but it still was helpful. Thanks a lot.

Hope this answers your question:
We do plan on having voiced sound effects eventually. Not full dialog to be clear, but sounds for H scenes. Besides music, sound in general is something that's taken a back seat so far. Expect a lot more down the road :D.

BigJohnny

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Good to know, I feel like full va is a waste of resources.

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Good to know, I feel like full va is a waste of resources.
I agree. Also, it might even help the atmosphere if they compress the voice clips in such a way that they sound slightly digitized. Smaller files AND more appropriate sound... a win-win!

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If anyone has played Shantae and the Pirate's Curse or Risky's Revenge I think voice acting similar to that would be charming and fitting for a game like this. Just enough to characterize our heroines while giving the player some room to imagine the dialog according to how they hear the character.

DarkMist67

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Are there any plans down the road to include animation of any kind to the grapples or later stages of H attacks? Even if it was super basic and rudimentary i would kill for even the smallest amount of rubbing or thrusting/pumping animation during their skills, even if it was only later stages in the chain or on specific H branches. Would love to see the enemy going at it while waiting for my next turn, even if its just visual, static pictures are great but a tiny bit of animation is literally the last thing i could want out of this basically near perfect game.

The answer is probably no, but a man can dream!

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I forgot to mention that those invisible, random enemy encounters are troublesome. The difficulty in the demo was rather low, but if the level is meant to be played with one one of the characters, I can see how the challenge would rise. And those random battles can heave the desire to explore the map and check every corner.
All I can think is Far Cry 2, with it's re-spawning road blocks. And not even because those were difficult, but because they made you lose time on an encounter you fought just minutes ago.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

didnt play much yet but the little I played the game seemed overly difficult. The struggle system for example when i was trying to actually struggle i woudlnt have time to complete it before it moved on. granted i did let it progress a few steps to see what the H content was like but still... seems overly hard

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So, this happened. I should've been working on more important stuff probably, but I thought this experiment was worth trying out and could introduce the game to a new audience. If you play Fallout 4 you may want to check it out:

Are there any plans down the road to include animation of any kind to the grapples or later stages of H attacks?
When the project started out I investigated animating everything :D. I actually uploaded a few of the early animations (just skill animations, nothing H related really) for the inner circle patrons on Patreon. Unfortunately it was just way too time consuming to do by myself, especially considering the number of variations required.

I forgot to mention that those invisible, random enemy encounters are troublesome.
There will likely be parameters on gear or items that allow you to reduce the encounter rate.

Random encounters are unfortunately a must right now due to the complexity of the maps. RPG Maker VX Ace doesn't by default allow for multiple layers to exist simultaneously on maps, but we've developed a system for making this possible. This creates a lot of complications for AI. In addition, since the map sprites are large, there'd need to be a lot of AI work done to get pathing and collision detection to anything resembling acceptable levels. Basically, since it wouldn't work everywhere, enemy sprites on the map for the purpose of enemy encounters must be used as the exception as opposed to the standard.

didnt play much yet but the little I played the game seemed overly difficult. The struggle system for example when i was trying to actually struggle i woudlnt have time to complete it before it moved on. granted i did let it progress a few steps to see what the H content was like but still... seems overly hard
Try changing the Battle Time Mode in the options! You can set it so that time stops while you choose your commands. Also, you can set it so that struggling is handled automatically.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So, this happened. I should've been working on more important stuff probably, but I thought this experiment was worth trying out and could introduce the game to a new audience. If you play Fallout 4 you may want to check it out:
That's cool :)

There will likely be parameters on gear or items that allow you to reduce the encounter rate.

Random encounters are unfortunately a must right now due to the complexity of the maps. RPG Maker VX Ace doesn't by default allow for multiple layers to exist simultaneously on maps, but we've developed a system for making this possible. This creates a lot of complications for AI. In addition, since the map sprites are large, there'd need to be a lot of AI work done to get pathing and collision detection to anything resembling acceptable levels. Basically, since it wouldn't work everywhere, enemy sprites on the map for the purpose of enemy encounters must be used as the exception as opposed to the standard.
Hmm, I see.
Can you give a limit to those encounters tho'? Like having a 5 enemies on a map load. That way you fight them and you can afterwards explore the area without being constantly interrupted. Then when you move to another map, you have a new number of encounters and so on...
Just a thought :)

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

What was that about a hidden passage? -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.