What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus Malise and the Machine - Public Demo Available Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Malise and the Machine (New RPG!)

One feature request I just remembered: Can you map numpad 0 to cancel/menu?

It's a mapping by default in rpgmaker, but malise seems to have custom mappings that didn't inherit that.
It's not the most essential thing ever, but it does help with one-handed play if your other hand is holding a pizza or something:
Arrow keys to move, return for OK, numpad0 for cancel/menu - covers most out-of-battle needs.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

It's a mapping by default in rpgmaker, but malise seems to have custom mappings that didn't inherit that.
It's not the most essential thing ever, but it does help with one-handed play if your other hand is holding a pizza or something:
Arrow keys to move, return for OK, numpad0 for cancel/menu - covers most out-of-battle needs.
Echoing this request, numpad Enter for select and numpad 0 for cancel are very handy if your other hand is preoccupied, such as with aforementioned pizza.

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

.- joystick not working (you broke something nobody has broken ever)
.- controls arent responsive
Controller support was inadvertently broken in 0.02 - it was reported after 0.03 release, so it was fixed only recently - controllers will work in every future release of the game, including public demo.
Controls unresponsiveness on maps was caused by the same thing as controller support, so it is fixed already. Unresponsiveness in any other place was not reported or noticed by us.

.- choppy gameplay
.- this is slow as hell on a 6 acores at 2.6 ghz with turbo
Details please, where the game is choppy, where it is slow, how slow it gets, etc. As I said before, not every aspect of the game was optimized, so slowdowns are to be expected, but not to "slow as hell" level.

.- the battle system is taked from a japanese game that is releaed for free
Change this to rpg maker mv and if you dont have it here a gift
I forgot something most of what you had seem taked from japanese games (i have a lot and all of them with unique game system) i could say you tooked scripts from several games and made the addition with a little graphic change
Your link to cracked RMMV version just proves that you are a hypocrite and a kind of person who would decompile game made by someone else and steal his assets. That doesn't mean that we or any other dev would do the same. We are still using some 3rd party scripts in the project, but they were released by authors as "freeware" or were purchased legally, so your accusations are both unfounded and insulting.

I'm a RM veteran as well, so this was among the first things I've done after joining MATM dev team and was "fixed" in 0.03.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Legit question! Also one of the many paterons supporting this awesome game of yours. Do you know a accurate release date of the next update?
We're really pushing to get V0.04 by March 1. The public demo will hopefully be ready in the next couple of weeks.

Just ignore the troll that one guy is. I for one cant wait to try this game out when goes a public test release. This game looks wonderful and the gameplay catches my interest. Hope my Pc can handle it. It's rather old =(
Here are the recommended requirements. These will probably drop once AltairPL gets around to rewriting the map code (this will be a big project, so don't expect it for awhile).

Intel Core2Duo @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB RAM
512 MB Video RAM

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm a RM veteran as well, so this was among the first things I've done after joining MATM dev team and was "fixed" in 0.03.
Hot dog. This is a pretty minor, quality of life type of fix in the grand scheme of things, but big thanks for tackling it nonetheless.

The public demo will hopefully be ready in the next couple of weeks.
Game development being what it is, I'm going to be sensible here and realize that the windows you've given us are by no means a promise, but here's to hoping everything goes well and that we end up seeing it sooner rather than later. That said, if more time is needed to give the public demo that last little bit of polish in whatever area you think needs it, take the time and do it justice.

As I mentioned before, I initially wavered somewhere between overly excited for and somewhat skeptical of this project. My skepticism didn't necessarily have anything to do with this game specifically - it's just that there are a lot of bad games out there. My only complaint was the flow of combat, and from what you've said, you guys have gone above and beyond in addressing that. I donated for the first patreon release, so I saw both the promise of greatness, and the rough edges of a project still in its somewhat early stages. Speaking personally, what I want from the public demo is for it to shine. Since this will be the next build of the game since that first patreon one that I will be playing, I want to be blown away by the changes and improvements, and have any doubts remaining in my mind, quashed by the brilliance of your work.

Based on everything I've seen here, and on your other sites, I think you all will achieve that very easily. I have a lot of respect for the way the team is going forward with their own vision for the game in terms of style and content, but is also paying a lot of attention to details like users' comments on controls and other bits relating to performance. It takes a fine balance to be able to make a game that is uniquely developed, but also mechanically accessible enough so that everyone can actually play it, and you seem to be managing that very well.

Byk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Details please, where the game is choppy, where it is slow, how slow it gets, etc. As I said before, not every aspect of the game was optimized, so slowdowns are to be expected, but not to "slow as hell" level.

I'll give you details instead...
Game works great on a crappy amd with 2 cores at 3.4GHz. No lag or slow gameplay at all, i tested it. If that guy plays on 6 core pc then his pc is broken or full of viruses.

Now about the game...
It's a good looking game. One thing i don't like in that demo is how empty it is :/ I mean, it's not the number of scenes, it's just doesn't give the right feeling of playing such game. It lack in conversation, you get few scenes to repeat without anything new and nothing to read, you basically just look at pictures which is not enough, for me at least. Maybe that's just for demo, altho demo will get you more sales if it's good. Full game will probably have some story and more reading stuff. Example for battle, attacker would actually say something when he grabs one of the girls and her reply will depend on her lust (i forgot how you call that, i think it's lust), that way same scene won't be boring after you already saw it. I wish you all the best, will wait to see what you got for us in future releases.
This is only my opinion, don't see it as negative comment, we all like different stuff and you can't make it perfect for every person, i get that.

-Sorry for bad english, it's late here, i am tired to check what i wrote :eek: :)

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Love the art style. If the demo backs it up with a quality gameplay and hot h-scenes, you have my support.

Last edited:

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hot dog. This is a pretty minor, quality of life type of fix in the grand scheme of things, but big thanks for tackling it nonetheless.

Game development being what it is, I'm going to be sensible here and realize that the windows you've given us are by no means a promise, but here's to hoping everything goes well and that we end up seeing it sooner rather than later. That said, if more time is needed to give the public demo that last little bit of polish in whatever area you think needs it, take the time and do it justice.

As I mentioned before, I initially wavered somewhere between overly excited for and somewhat skeptical of this project. My skepticism didn't necessarily have anything to do with this game specifically - it's just that there are a lot of bad games out there. My only complaint was the flow of combat, and from what you've said, you guys have gone above and beyond in addressing that. I donated for the first patreon release, so I saw both the promise of greatness, and the rough edges of a project still in its somewhat early stages. Speaking personally, what I want from the public demo is for it to shine. Since this will be the next build of the game since that first patreon one that I will be playing, I want to be blown away by the changes and improvements, and have any doubts remaining in my mind, quashed by the brilliance of your work.

Based on everything I've seen here, and on your other sites, I think you all will achieve that very easily. I have a lot of respect for the way the team is going forward with their own vision for the game in terms of style and content, but is also paying a lot of attention to details like users' comments on controls and other bits relating to performance. It takes a fine balance to be able to make a game that is uniquely developed, but also mechanically accessible enough so that everyone can actually play it, and you seem to be managing that very well.
Thanks. We too want the demo to shine and blow peoples minds away ;).

I dont care what people say but lets be clear a troll is someone that bashes another people with something unrealted to the game like all the users that gives negative reputation to someone that dont agree with them or dont agree with their point of view,now who is the troll me for talking about the game or you that keep bashing me and the only thing that you say is "wonderfull work" but have you played the game.
Your attitude towards the game and us (its creators) was negative from the start, and even though your posts were like this, I replied to them in civilized manner, trying to address all of your concerns, reservations and issues you have with the game - you didn't responded in kind. That leads me to believe that not only you're not a game developer, as you claim, but you're also not Japanese, since the tone of your posts is even more insulting and rude in Japanese culture that it is in the western part of the world.

Now the reason i gave you the rpg maker mv is because it seem you dont understand you said you started this game this year why not use MV instead of vx ace,have you worked on mv have you seen the power of the engine and how limited is vx ace.
Since your second post in this thread, I was talking with dev, who made a game in MV, and even though he was impressed by some of its features, his overall impression wasn't much better than his impression on VX Ace.

As i said the game is choppy specially on battles.
If you said map, I would be willing to believe you, since code related to map is more or less generic - we'll start coding it from scratch after 0.04, but some preparations for it are already in place. Battles on the other hand are optimized to the point, where it's almost impossible to gauge the performance - on my few years old rig with 3GHz CPU battles are capable of running at almost rock solid 120FPS, which is a limit for RM FPS setting.

Now for the people that wants the game i have uploaded the last release on my site along with survivor sarah ex (a fixed version of surviror sarah) and survivor sarah 2.
This is another great example, why I don't believe your claims that you're game dev. If you would, you would not be doing something against the wishes of another dev, like sharing his work before it is ready for public release, mainly because: it's unethical; game dev would know how other dev would feel, when his work is treated in such a manner.

You said i was someone who would decrypt a game and steal script but why i would do that if i have hundreds of scripts and lots of tricks that nobody use and nobody had (working with rpg maker since 2000),what i do is share because i care if a game is bad then it shouldnt be payed and they shouldnt ask for donations and say "My game push rpg maker to the limits" because what you did i already did it on rpg maker XP around 10 years ago
If you are a game dev, why are you trying so hard to make our lives miserable? You should be working on your own games and promote them, so you can make a living - what you're doing here won't help you with that. And your attitude won't help you to promote your works on ULMF, and there are hundreds or even thousands of potential customers here.
But in case you are a dev, is it so hard to believe that anybody other than you knows your way around RM/Ruby/RGSS/other? I'm working with RM engines for like 5 years - I still have a lot to learn, but I already know a lot of tricks and have a lot of aces in my sleeve.

I asked you nicely before, but if you keep insisting in posting in disrespectful manner, the only reaction you will get from me will be reporting your posts to moderators. If you have some game related questions, problems, or issues (broken controller support is a good example), feel free to post them, but don't expect an answer to posts resembling your previous posts in this thread.

Game works great on a crappy amd with 2 cores at 3.4GHz. No lag or slow gameplay at all, i tested it. If that guy plays on 6 core pc then his pc is broken or full of viruses.

Now about the game...
It's a good looking game. One thing i don't like in that demo is how empty it is :/ I mean, it's not the number of scenes, it's just doesn't give the right feeling of playing such game. It lack in conversation, you get few scenes to repeat without anything new and nothing to read, you basically just look at pictures which is not enough, for me at least. Maybe that's just for demo, altho demo will get you more sales if it's good. Full game will probably have some story and more reading stuff. Example for battle, attacker would actually say something when he grabs one of the girls and her reply will depend on her lust (i forgot how you call that, i think it's lust), that way same scene won't be boring after you already saw it. I wish you all the best, will wait to see what you got for us in future releases.
This is only my opinion, don't see it as negative comment, we all like different stuff and you can't make it perfect for every person, i get that.

-Sorry for bad english, it's late here, i am tired to check what i wrote :eek: :)
Thanks for the feedback. Doubt there will be any kind of dialog during battles as they can get pretty hectic sometimes even without them, but there will be more dialog and story in the following versions - not sure about 0.04, though.

Last edited:
OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Now about the game...

I can confirm that any dialog in battle would pause the battle, and it'll only exist in event/boss battles. As for story, you can definitely expect it to be revealed as the updates come. The early versions have been primed to show off gameplay mechanics as they are completed, so don't get the impression that the early versions are a full representation of the game.

EDIT: I wanted to clarify, we still intend on adding additional sounds and vocal effects to battle, but not straight up spoken dialog. So far it has taken a back seat, but we'll make time for it eventually.

Last edited:

Cartoon Smut

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Are you guys planning on adding some regular sex scenes? With normal human penises? Or is it all bugs and robots?

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

*Average 110-120 fps*
So.. so beautiful... :)
Game is and will be capped at 60 fps, otherwise it would wreak havoc on PCs with lower specs. Ero posted this pic just to show that there is a lot of room to spare regarding performance - I'm not even gonna try to guess how slow CPU should get, to make battles run below the 60 fps cap.

Are you guys planning on adding some regular sex scenes? With normal human penises? Or is it all bugs and robots?
To be fair, robots don't get any action now either :p.
But they will... I mean robots and humans ;).

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Game is and will be capped at 60 fps, otherwise it would wreak havoc on PCs with lower specs. Ero posted this pic just to show that there is a lot of room to spare regarding performance - I'm not even gonna try to guess how slow CPU should get, to make battles run below the 60 fps cap.

Don't worry man, 60 fps is more than enough to enjoy some good fluidity in games!

To be fair, robots don't get any action now either :p.
But they will... I mean robots and humans ;).
Well, if the very name of the game is some indication. :p

Loogie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've said it earlier, but this is the only RPG Maker title I've felt offers a ton developer made content and has an obvious commitment to finish the damn thing that makes me comfortable enough to throw money at it.

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Maybe this was asked already but...
looking at the render style, it looks superb!
may I ask if you used any kind of *public* shader? I mean something like poseworks toon; or it is your own shader?:eek:

apalapan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I can confirm that any dialog in battle would pause the battle, and it'll only exist in event/boss battles.
Because of the time it takes to add dialogues? Cuz I thought about having some dialogue the first time the protagonists get h-attacked the first time by each enemy.
Then I realized this sounded easy in the demo where there are like 3 enemies with h-attacks, not in the full game :p

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Any news Ero? Your last Patreon post was almost a month ago.
They've been active with the Inner Circle - last update there was the 25th.

The reason for the silence,
an Inner Circle document said:
Progress has been moving along so well that it was tough to find a stopping point to show off what we've been working on!

I would expect another Patreon post when they've got a good handle on when the Public Demo will be ready.

OP
Eromancer

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Good news for all those awaiting the public demo: Valentine's Day is the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.