What's new

Kyrieru's new game!

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score
Re: Kyrieru's new game!

I appreciate the enthusiasm, however I don't really think people need to be notified of each blog update unless they are either major announcements related to the game, or demo releases.

People who are interested in the smaller updates tend to follow the blog anyhow, and not all posts are all that relevant to the game itself. For that reason, It's probably best to only bring up content in a post relevant to discussion or speculation, rather than the fact that there's a post in the first place.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Maybe you're right, but there are several threads on ULMF for other games in progress that bump whenever there's a new devblog update, and I find them pretty helpful for games that I don't obsessively follow. For instance, the Unholy Sanctuary thread is where I learn about new blogposts by that dev. I'm thankful when people link UHS devblog updates, so I do the same for the games I follow.

If you'd rather I not link to updates like this, I'll certainly stop, but I think there's a few people who actually find it useful.

Tangentially, I glanced through the recently archived Twitch stream, and the upcoming game makes really impressive use of lighting effects. Ceiling lights, golden glow from shots and melee shockwaves, and the ambient darkness level all interplay well. Most of the time in pixelly platformers and RPGMaker games, fancy lighting seems gratuitous, but I really liked what I saw of the next game's graphics.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Well, I don't mind if they don't mind. I just don't want it to come of as annoying.

..Like a person signing into messenger over and over again, forcing everyone to see the popup. I feel like an asshole when that happens because of hotmail's darn integrated messenger -__-

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Woulda preferred if people posted here about the stream.

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, I don't mind if they don't mind. I just don't want it to come of as annoying.

..Like a person signing into messenger over and over again, forcing everyone to see the popup. I feel like an asshole when that happens because of hotmail's darn integrated messenger -__-
Dude, thanks for taking me back. Damn, that takes me back. I had two friends who used to do that. But I don't mind blog updates here, but if this thread just becomes nothing but links to his blog post, it will be annoying.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

DEMO ALERT

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Played a bit. Love it so far. The character is rather cute, the game plays well. I did find out that by laying down, you can safely shoot the tentacle-faced guys without them being able to hit you.

Seems there's a kind of "corruption" mechanic as well, and it also seems to be (so far) unloseable. Seems she can teleport when she's defeated even during rape.

Much like Kurovadis and Eroico, the story is quite up in the air, but that simply means we can wonder and imagine! She does seem to almost be some kind of defense... android? Cyborg? Hmmm...

devron

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Enjoyed it, though I'm fairly bad at platformers. Gun seemed underpowered compared to melee, though understand its the first demo.

Second "n" is missing from continue, wonder if it is intentional.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Enjoyed it, though I'm fairly bad at platformers. Gun seemed underpowered compared to melee, though understand its the first demo.

Second "n" is missing from continue, wonder if it is intentional.
....O-of course it was...
And the play testers not noticing was intentional too.
It was...
All intentional...

*sigh* (at myself)

OP
kiko

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

Gonna try it out now.

Edit: Is my computer so fucking shitty that it can't run this game? I get 2-3 FPS...

Last edited:

golwas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Found this bug. You can walk through where I circled.

Pretty cool otherwise.

Attachments

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Game is pretty awesome so far,got to the slugs and those ceiling turrets before taking a little break(got killed...).

I think I found some bugs,when you get screwed by the squid eye things and press the space bar it then climaxes with the sprite of the first enemy.
Also when you press forward very fast and tap shoot with the crescent shot that pierces enemies it goes much further, it's easy to do if you turn and shoot at the same time, don't know if this is intentional or not I also noticed it does it with the normal shot too.

Last edited:

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Runs fine here, even through a VM. Try hitting F4 to run in windowed mode - if this is the same engine as the last games, upscaling takes a ton of resources for some reason.

Overall: Wow. That lighting, those levels, that detail... You, sir, are beyond astounding.

Issues I ran into so far:
- Gameover says "hit start to continue", but it actually accepts either combat button, too. Which means I'll instantly respawn if I died while button-mashing some enemy.
Perhaps make it so you can only press start, or add a small delay.
- In the room with the spike pit with 4 square blocks in it and diagonal elevator, top right, the wall segment on the right does not clip, allowing player to fall out of the level
- The trainable up+punch move is great to reach high areas, but handles a bit odd: After the punch, player falls straight down, ignoring arrow input, until I press another button (jump, for example) or dash

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Your starting gun isn't great, but it works well against the enemies who use projectiles and aren't stunned by melee, since those have less HP.

The later guns are much better. I use the blue spread gun, and it actually kills fast enough to be useful. The familiar is pretty cool when you get it, too.

I walked through a wall and started falling offscreen in a loop once, but that was the only obvious bug. Uppercut seems like it might be more useful than intended as a mobility tool, if you keep mashing you can use enemies as ladders and let a little horizontal movement.

Movement felt kind of cumbersome at first, but the uppercut and dash definitely sped things up. I still feel less control than in kurovadis, the hitboxes seem weird and there's a noticeable delay between hitting the attack button and actually attacking. But that's probably a deliberate choice, otherwise the hitstun on your punches would be too powerful.

Really promising start, looking forward to the next demo version for sure.

CandymanJML

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anybody else getting an error from MEGA when they try to download?

dot_slave3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

wow this game can use xbox controller? awesome

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Those animations are so crisp. Take my fuckin' money.

I got four animations (Faceless, Squid Eye, Slug and "Wraith?"), the assistant robot thing, scatter shot, blade shot, uppercut, dash and bombs, is there anything else?

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Those animations are so crisp. Take my fuckin' money.

I got four animations (Faceless, Squid Eye, Slug and "Wraith?"), the assistant robot thing, scatter shot, blade shot, uppercut, dash and bombs, is there anything else?
Nope, that's everything.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

Nope, that's everything.
Cool. Do the enemies have names at all? Not that it matters all that much, but its easier to speak about them while in the forum if they have names.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Cool. Do the enemies have names at all? Not that it matters all that much, but its easier to speak about them while in the forum if they have names.
Ah...Yes.

Zombilius the second,
Squidicus the eighth,
Clawmillion the third,

..and Slug.

Nah, they don't.. other than filenames, which tend to just be the first thing that comes to mind. (Zombie, squid, claw, slug, etc)