What's new

Kyrieru's new game!

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Kyrieru's new game!

I'm gunna be a tad critical here.

I find there isn't enough control during jumping for so much focus on platforming. You don't have a lot of control after you leave the ground and that easily causes you to miss certain jumps. Particularly ones where two small platforms are very close together.

The controls are also a bit wacky. Maybe it's just me, but the jumps that require you to use the dash and upperct in tangent were overly awkward control wise. Jumping, holding up, double tapping forward followed by the punch button to uppercut in order to clear them just felt too difficult for my brain to easily comprehend, and it took me numerous tries to clear it.

Also, not sure if it's intended, but both the slug and basic plantface dude are completely easy to destroy once you figure out they can't hit you while you're crouched.

The.. mask dudes are extremely annoying. I couldn't really figure out a clear pattern to their attacks or how to dodge them, and since punching doesn't stun them like it does the plantfaces I ended up taking a lot of damage on each one I fought.

Also, are you planning to add a map system? I found myself getting lost quite easy.

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Those guy have a smaller aggro range than the first enemy so you can shoot them from a distant. Does the uppercut have an invulnerability time so you can use that as a counter? I know the dash does to graze projectiles and dodge enemies.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Amazing sprites in this.

Apathy

Lurker
Reputation score

I can't add anything constructive but I am really liking the game so far. Also the breast expansion tentacle thing :3

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As a rule the more tentacle sexs, the better the game.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Whoa didn't realize the demo came out already! ;_;

And I think I know why no one notice the mis-spel "Continue"... they got dazed by the game? o_o

Thorn14

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Does the heart meter really mean anything?

Sercullhor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I noticed that if you try to quickly transition from shooting to punching there's a significant delay(aka you keep a shooting stance but don't fire), I think it's intentional but sometimes the delay stays for around too long and you get stuck in that position until enemies get a free hit in. If you run and shoot, then transition into melee there is no delay-promotes faster paced action, not bad and tooootally intentional correct?

Controller start button is mapped to right analog click, kind of strange but it works.

The heart meter is a measure of lewdness, when lewdness maxes out the protagonist starts to enjoy sex and facial expression will change. Really cool but would be awesome if it did more than that or had a third tier lewd mode or at least something to look forward to after max lewdness.

I see no reason why not to take the basic gun over the wave gun, or spread gun. Should make it so that each has a distinct advantage.

Perhaps too late to grip over such things, pretty minor complaints actually.

Otherwise this looks like a wonderful edition to Kyrieu's topnotch games with it's absolutely gorgeous lighting, solid platforming and good H. You added good Ahegao to this game, I'm automatically going to love this aren't I?

Last edited:

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So I noticed that if you try to quickly transition from shooting to punching there's a significant delay(aka you keep a shooting stance but don't fire), I think it's intentional but sometimes the delay stays for around too long and you get stuck in that position until enemies get a free hit in. If you run and shoot, then transition into melee there is no delay-promotes faster paced action, not bad and tooootally intentional correct?

Controller start button is mapped to right analog click, kind of strange but it works.

The heart meter is a measure of lewdness, when lewdness maxes out the protagonist starts to enjoy sex and facial expression will change. Really cool but would be awesome if it did more than that or had a third tier lewd mode or at least something to look forward to after max lewdness.

I see no reason why not to take the basic gun over the wave gun, or spread gun. Should make it so that each has a distinct advantage.

Perhaps too late to grip over such things, pretty minor complaints actually.

Otherwise this looks like a wonderful edition to Kyrieu's topnotch games with it's absolutely gorgeous lighting, solid platforming and good H. You added good Ahegao to this game, I'm automatically going to love this aren't I?
If you press up and shoot you will get a quick light punch, useful for stopping enemies from getting that free hit in.

EDIT: Never mind, that is actually the grenade throw, silly me.

Last edited:

Daclusia

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Up and shoot is actually the grenade throw, once you get it.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I will be fixing the inability to punch during shooting.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Tried the demo, am I doing something wrong? The gun need too much shot to kill the zombie enemy, can't get pass the room where there's too many of them (some spawn from the floating platform), the room before the first squid eye encounter :(

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Tried the demo, am I doing something wrong? The gun need too much shot to kill the zombie enemy, can't get pass the room where there's too many of them (some spawn from the floating platform), the room before the first squid eye encounter :(
Stop shooting and start punching. Some enemy types are stunned when you punch them. Honestly, you guys act like you actually used the guns in the previous games ;p.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Stop shooting and start punching. Some enemy types are stunned when you punch them. Honestly, you guys act like you actually used the guns in the previous games ;p.
I did use them, charge shoot rocks ;P

How to punch? Up+Shoot? Tried that but she just hitting an air even with the zombie in front of her (or whatever that faceless enemies are, zombillius the second?)

Actually, what's the control in this game? Other than X, C, and esc...

Edit: It's V button, silly me -_-

Last edited:

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Tried the game already, punch really make it easier o_o

but the game got so lag at some screen that I can't even do anything (mainly the area with 2 floating electric ball) :(

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just copying over my comment from Kyrieru's blog to see if anyone else has comments on it here.

Not gonna repeat all the praises everyone has about the lighting and impact that everyone has, because I share their sentiments. However, I do have some complaints...

I was really liking this game, until I noticed my desk rumbling and realized it was controller-compatible, and then I started loving this game. However, playing on the 360 controller, the default pause screen is press in right stick, and there's a strange delay with it and doesn't always open, probably because of the annoying press in feature in the first place, which can mess up a bit. Also, when I played around with the pause a bit and went back, my movement just locked up. Everything else worked fine (shoot, jump, etc.), except I couldn't move with the controller. Everything on keyboard worked at the same time, just not the left stick movement.

Also, rebindable keys would be fantastic. I'm not too used to the button layout you chose and would like to change it around a bit, and maybe set pause to start.

Another point: please change how to do grenades. I keep on wasting them instead of shooting mid-air. I see there's an unused button on the controller scheme, so please set it to that (or G or something on the keyboard), or at least make an alternate option, a la the L=A control mode from the older Pokemon games or something of that sort. Also, when I first got the grenade, it really messed me up. Like once I used the grenade, I seemed to forget what my "shoot" button was on my controller and I freaked out a little, spamming buttons. I think that's a result of mapping an infinite use item and a limited use item to the same button without a solid way of mentally distinguishing the two attacks (I'm thinking of something to the function of that scroll wheel when you switch guns in an FPS). Even as I got more used to it, I still couldn't quite get it down and occasionally wasted grenades, aside from the fact that it's a little unintuitive to aim since you're working with holding up at the same time to throw them in the first place.

Otherwise, I really dig the level design. Super solid map, and I love how you can keep powerups after death, so that after you eventually die, you can take your spoils and get even further while getting accustomed to the mechanics. Nice touch from the new trend of "rogue-lite" games, particularly Rogue Legacy, another favorite of mine (By the by, I really think you'll like that game if you haven't tried it, Kyrieru). Anyway. See if you can implement any of those and still keep the game feel and I think you'll be golden.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Just copying over my comment from Kyrieru's blog to see if anyone else has comments on it here.

Not gonna repeat all the praises everyone has about the lighting and impact that everyone has, because I share their sentiments. However, I do have some complaints...

I was really liking this game, until I noticed my desk rumbling and realized it was controller-compatible, and then I started loving this game. However, playing on the 360 controller, the default pause screen is press in right stick, and there's a strange delay with it and doesn't always open, probably because of the annoying press in feature in the first place, which can mess up a bit. Also, when I played around with the pause a bit and went back, my movement just locked up. Everything else worked fine (shoot, jump, etc.), except I couldn't move with the controller. Everything on keyboard worked at the same time, just not the left stick movement.

Also, rebindable keys would be fantastic. I'm not too used to the button layout you chose and would like to change it around a bit, and maybe set pause to start.

Another point: please change how to do grenades. I keep on wasting them instead of shooting mid-air. I see there's an unused button on the controller scheme, so please set it to that (or G or something on the keyboard), or at least make an alternate option, a la the L=A control mode from the older Pokemon games or something of that sort. Also, when I first got the grenade, it really messed me up. Like once I used the grenade, I seemed to forget what my "shoot" button was on my controller and I freaked out a little, spamming buttons. I think that's a result of mapping an infinite use item and a limited use item to the same button without a solid way of mentally distinguishing the two attacks (I'm thinking of something to the function of that scroll wheel when you switch guns in an FPS). Even as I got more used to it, I still couldn't quite get it down and occasionally wasted grenades, aside from the fact that it's a little unintuitive to aim since you're working with holding up at the same time to throw them in the first place.

Otherwise, I really dig the level design. Super solid map, and I love how you can keep powerups after death, so that after you eventually die, you can take your spoils and get even further while getting accustomed to the mechanics. Nice touch from the new trend of "rogue-lite" games, particularly Rogue Legacy, another favorite of mine (By the by, I really think you'll like that game if you haven't tried it, Kyrieru). Anyway. See if you can implement any of those and still keep the game feel and I think you'll be golden.
You can keep your power-up? I lost my uppercut when I died :(

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You can keep your power-up? I lost my uppercut when I died :(
Really? I beat the demo, died many times, and I never lost anything. I don't think it'd even be possible to play the game if you didn't keep items, considering the distance between the only two save points, the ones at the start and end. Maybe you hit New Game at the start, but then again, I don't know.

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score

Really? I beat the demo, died many times, and I never lost anything. I don't think it'd even be possible to play the game if you didn't keep items, considering the distance between the only two save points, the ones at the start and end. Maybe you hit New Game at the start, but then again, I don't know.
When I died, I press esc to escape, could that be the cause?