What's new

RPG RPG Maker [HO_Works] 回転切りのセイラ / Spin Around Sayla (RJ155863)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: RJ155863 回転切りのセイラ

This game would be so awesome in English, I can't bring myself to play these games when I've no idea what's going on...
Honestly, this is one of those games where you can understand around 50-60% of what's going on without knowing what is being said exactly. It's a pretty straightforward plot.

That being said though, I wouldn't mind a translation for it. But new content is far, far, far higher on my want list.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly, this is one of those games where you can understand around 50-60% of what's going on without knowing what is being said exactly. It's a pretty straightforward plot.
That being said though, I wouldn't mind a translation for it. But new content is far, far, far higher on my want list.
idk about it bein straight forward, i needed to use a walkthrough to find all the events cause they can easily be missed...specially the farmer events :(

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

idk about it bein straight forward, i needed to use a walkthrough to find all the events cause they can easily be missed...specially the farmer events :(
I said plot not events lol, but even so yup totally straightforward. The farmer event was bugged as hell and just required you to pretty much have all of the 1.0 events done....buuuut was still pretty much point A to point B.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I said plot not events lol, but even so yup totally straightforward. The farmer event was bugged as hell and just required you to pretty much have all of the 1.0 events done....buuuut was still pretty much point A to point B.
well, its easy to see how she slowly becomes corrupted, but when you cant understand moonspeak, the story is kinda pointless.

RompleyBuns

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think everybody would appreciate a translation. :p
Is anybody working on one, by the way?

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I think everybody would appreciate a translation. :p
Is anybody working on one, by the way?
Nope. There was one, but it was scrapped. Don't think anyone wanted to make any translation while it was still constantly being updated.

swaglord123

Reputation score

Can someone help me please ?

hxxp://prntscr.com/av1py8

kuzno12

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey, could anyone PM me the dl link please? Thanks in advance

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I don't have 2.2.0, but I can upload 2.1.9 should you want that one. Not much difference between them, except for bugfixes.

Last edited:

RompleyBuns

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nope. There was one, but it was scrapped. Don't think anyone wanted to make any translation while it was still constantly being updated.
Too bad it was scrapped, seeing as it seems to be finished (though this isn't the longest intermission the creator has put between updates, so who knows).

However I still don't really get the logic behind not wanting to translate a game that's still being updated: If the game code is somewhat solid, major rewrites should not happen, making updating the translations to a newer version a simple (though possibly relatively tedious) copy-paste job plus translating any added dialogue. I could be wrong though, seeing as I only have limited knowledge of coding and none in the translation of games.^^

Last edited:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Transfering a translation to a newer version is a hassle. The copy pasting is too much, and it's really tedious.

Imagine that for transfering a full translation of items/weapons/armor, you'd have to copy paste approximately 300-500 times, depending on the game. Time you could have wasted translating something instead.

At least that's why I don't pick new games like other people do. I did it once, had a newer version come by, and when I started the copy pasting thing, I said ok, this isn't going to happen ever again.

RompleyBuns

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Transfering a translation to a newer version is a hassle. The copy pasting is too much, and it's really tedious.

Imagine that for transfering a full translation of items/weapons/armor, you'd have to copy paste approximately 300-500 times, depending on the game. Time you could have wasted translating something instead.

At least that's why I don't pick new games like other people do. I did it once, had a newer version come by, and when I started the copy pasting thing, I said ok, this isn't going to happen ever again.
So I got the basics right, just underestimated the workload by a metric fuckton...

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hence why you should use RPG Maker Trans to make translations. If a newer version comes up, you just press one button and apply whole translation to new version without any risk of messing anything up due to author changing or adding files.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hence why you should use RPG Maker Trans to make translations. If a newer version comes up, you just press one button and apply whole translation to new version without any risk of messing anything up due to author changing or adding files.
I did try it, followed the tutorial, and apparently it didn't patch properly or something, my progress disappeared, and I kinda got bored after that :/

Though tbh, if I really wanted to translate new games like others do, I'd probably try to make it work till it actually would. But I have this huge backlog on games I want to work on, some are even from 2014, so there is no need to pick the recent ones, even if there are some I'd love to translate.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I did try it, followed the tutorial, and apparently it didn't patch properly or something, my progress disappeared, and I kinda got bored after that :/

Though tbh, if I really wanted to translate new games like others do, I'd probably try to make it work till it actually would. But I have this huge backlog on games I want to work on, some are even from 2014, so there is no need to pick the recent ones, even if there are some I'd love to translate.
True, there is a bug like this. It happened to me too, that's why you should always make a backup of the patch files and after patching the game, copy it back to the main patch folder and overwrite. That way you're 100% sure you didn't lose anything.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

And yet again, the summation of the discussion comes back to "backup your shit people".

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And yet again, the summation of the discussion comes back to "backup your shit people".
What are you talking about?

Anyone that's even thinking of doing a translation should be more the familiar with backup. That's the first thing you should learn if you're doing any work on your computer. Most people learn it the hard way.

Another thing is that he's using a software that's still being developed by a single person for free and it's more than likely to have bugs in it.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am not disputing you in the slightest, man. I'm just saying that everyone should just listen to the wise words of every IT guy ever: do backups of your shit.
Sorry if it didn't come off as humorous as I originally intended it to.

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Could someone post save after date with naked guy - i have played this game already 6 times, and always get stuck where should be date- nothing happens, i have talked to everyone times 30, i can skip all scenes, but still guy won't show up

Status
Not open for further replies.