What's new

[DMM] Tentacles Tactics

Lhytiss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [DMM] Tentacles Tactics

Reading Lhytiss post I just realized...every card I'm using is a Time card, which is weak against Dimensional...no wonder I'm getting my ass kicked. Just changed to a full Space deck, I do notice my units lasting longer and all, BUT... every strong Space unit I have is friggin' slow, Lucy ends up catching up to the action and gets her ass kicked. I shouldn't have used my max leveled Marte to level up the tentacle monster :(

I do have Hybrider 1, but her cooldown is really slow even on max obedience, Saphire is slow, Maya is slow, Ultimiya is slow, Monster Hunter K is slow...I'm considering changing the Ultimiyas for a O.O and a Invadia I have 30+, I just read that Ultimiyas aren't AoE (I could swear they were...) and they have more range. Maybe the N sniper girl...I have 2 of them max leveled...maybe...
I also got a Sumeragi max obedience and around 30ish evolved, but my energy recovery at rank 8 is not enough to summon SRs fast enough for those stages...

I'm beggining to think I'm screwed for this event :(
If you don't have a lot of space card, you may want to try using your dimensional one(s).. it might works.

Also, I would advise against using normal ranged attacker in the 3rd event area. The later stage is truly designed to completely nullify your usual ranged units since Realizer & Son Goku will spawn like crazy.
If you want ranged attack, use units with pierce / snipe ability and it might just do the trick (Himiko, Lamia)

For your reference, my deck when I 1st cleared the 6th stage :
- SHINEVAN
- GUILVAN x2
- Sumeragi Raiko
- Swimsuit Lucy
- (N) Sniper x3
- PSY BLACK x2
Special Attack : Air Strike
All units have max level, and still I can't clear it the 2nd time with 8 more tries, even with higher lvl Lucy (currently 85, was 77 when I cleared it the first time).

I think this is the hardest event stage so far.
It would be a lot easier with Aggressor/Supreme Ruler Ra Raa in your deck, maybe.. I think they're the best unit to counter the last area for this event.

Didn't know about the type weakness . . . probably explains my terrible luck. My entire team is comprised of Time girls, except Elfella, and I have no Space girls except an underleveled Maya Mercury, Hybrider 1 and Space Pirate Sapph in the works. I can't get past 3-1, which is a shame, as I was hoping to pick up an Elfella or two from 3-2.

Was actually thinking of asking for advice in that regard, but I guess that explains it.

In the friend page, there is an icon with a letter with a bow on it. Inside is a list of items . . . what is this stuff? Is it rewards for some purpose?
Sorry, but with that deck, I think it would be impossible to clear the event.. :(

The letter with bow :
You'll get the item(s) shown inside this when you successfully 'recruit' your friend to play the game.
The first time they play, they'll be asked for a code of a player who referred them into playing. Your code is shown a the bottom page in the item list.

Last edited:

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sorry, but with that deck, I think it would be impossible to clear the event.. :(
I didn't think there was any hope of that, I just wanted to get to 3-2. I'm too new a player to really hope to dominate these events . . . I only recently beat Space Pirate Sapphire's stage.

I am concerned that my team is a bit weak. I just (barely) beat 16-6, and it was a very close call. My team was 2x Jeanne, 1x Elfella, 1x Minamatomo, 2x Y-Poolas, 1x Cleopatra and 1x Sasuke. Everyone but the Y-Poolas was max level. I simply can't afford a higher charge rate or deck size yet, but I don't know who to replace in my team. I'll admit, I probably don't need the triple stacked rushers, but I feel like my team is either not dealing enough DPS or is dying too quick, but I feel like I have a pretty defensive team. Maybe I really do just need another Elfella?

Some units I'm training up are SP Sapphires (2x), Shadmalice, Asmodeus, Hybrider-1, Maya Mercury, Oda Nobunaga and I also have almost maxed level Julius Caesar, N-Sniper Girl and Akeno Hibika. Anything in there I should be swapping out into my main team?

Last edited:

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

IMHO

If you mean for this event:

Sapphire, Asmodeus and Maya are good units but they move too slow to get the fight started as far away from Lucy as possible.
Shadmalice is a great unit which also gets a boost when fighting against Elfellas, the problem is, the Elfellas get a boost too and they are ranged so...I don't think it's a good idea if it's a stage with Elfellas.
Hybrider 1 is the fastest unit in the game so she can start the fight pretty far away from Lucy if you have her at max obedience and good energy recovery rate to summon her as fast as possible, the problem with that is she will go to her swift death alone and will just gather a mob of enemies which will be hard to break later, unless you have and can summon a unit like SR Himiko. But you could instead just use her to help in the fight later because she will join fast enough and has AoE attack.
R Oda Nobunaga is normally crap, here even more, being a Time unit.
Julius Caesar is probably not a good idea, lots of missile invalid units and is a Time unit also.
N Sniper Girl should be a good unit here, I still haven't tested her because I'm afraid that even though she's Space, her atk power will be still too low. But as you can see Lhytiss used them.
Akeno Hibika, no idea, though fighting them here is pretty annoying with their evasion ability and knockbacks.

If you mean in the normal game:

Sapphire: the good thing about her is her atk speed, but I find her pretty underwhelming anyways. I guess she could be useful when you need to keep the pressure on because she will start walking inmediately if there are no more enemies in front of her. Still, if you use her, use her at least in pairs. Her cooldown is about the same as Sasuke and Ypoole but her movement speed is average.

Asmodeus: I like her a lot. Not only her AoE attack is powerful, she stays behind your frontline so she's hard to kill too. Bad thing about her is her movement speed, it usually is a waste to summon her if the fight is too far away from you because either you end up finishing it or your team gets wiped out before she makes it.

Maya: I have found Monster Hunter K to be very useful in some stages and Maya is basically a beefed up version of her. Multiple hit attack, high knockback, attacks from behind your frontline, doesn't count as missile. Moves about the same speed than MHK, which is average. Still, I haven't had the chance to test her out properly.

Shadmalice: pretty powerful unit too. Pretty much like Maya but one hit attack, moves faster, less knockback. Probably better than Maya, most people seems to like her better. I have 2 but I haven't still tested her out.

Hybrider 1: is a good unit overall, I usually like to send her only when the fight is far away or if things are too bad near me, because even on max obedience she takes a lot of time to cooldown, for an R unit...

R Nobunada: is crap. Yoshitsune is waaay better even taking in consideration their costs difference.

Julius Caesar: I just started using her and I'm liking her. My preferred R ranged unit used to be Ultimiyas but that's because I could swear they were AoE too, since they are not I'm considering switching to Caesar+Cleo combo, as I like to use Cleopatra a lot too.

N Sniper: I used her a lot, but lately because I still don't have the full 10 slot roster, I've ditched her because even though she's awesome, she's still an N unit and her atk power is very low. With a full roster I will most likely try to put her in there again.

Akeno Hibika: same thing, I haven't used her much, just to get her scene. From what I can see in this event I think she may be a good tank N unit with her evasion and knockbacks.

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I haven't managed to beat 3-6 of the event yet but the event is still great for farming. I've noticed the event drop rate is better every day and also once you get Lucy to lvl 100 keep leveling her. You will get a reward every time you level her (ST potion x3, Revive potion x3) as well as other rewards at certain point amounts (350k, for example).

I'm basically going to keep farming 3-1 for event items to cash in for ST potions so I can keep leveling up new cards.

For reference my team that beat up to 3-5 was:
* Musashibou Benkei (SR+)
* Space Pirate Sapphire (R+)
* 2x Minamotono Yoshitsune (R+)
* Caesar (R+)
* Cleapatra (N+)
* Lucy (R+)
* Akeno Hibika (N+)

Lucy and Hibika were used as fodder since they are cheap and spawn quickly. I also have a Shadmalice that I didn't use since the enemy Elfellas getting buffed seemed worse than using her. I'm still experimenting with what team I need to beat the event. Maybe I'll try throwing a Jeanne (or two) into the mix.

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Your team is pretty much a beefier version of mine where I use a SR+ Nobunaga to boost a pair of Ranmarus N+. The Ranmarus are nowhere as powerful as Yoshitsunes but at least they move fast, low cooldown and AoE attack too. Problem is, they die fast too. I tried using Sapphire but I didn't see her doing much. I use Sasuke, Ypoole and Hybrider 1.

But I have come to the conclusion that my problem with this event is my energy recovery rank. Rank 8 is just not enough to summon SRs like Ususamamyouou (who I think would rock there and I got 2 of them in the roulette) in such a short amount of time and though I can usually beat 3-1 with my current team, it can easily go wrong with some Revoiccas and Asmodeus. Speaking of which... I still can't get a friggin' Revoicca. After I realized the thing about the energy recovery I thought, well, I'll just farm Hajune for money, increase rank, try to finish the event because I don't really care about the Lucy Fars (unless they are actually really useful but there's still no info in the wiki), I pretty much just want the sorcerer girl.

But I also have some trouble with Hajune's stage, I can beat it but I don't have an "ultimate team" to beat easily enough to farm. Which is why I want a Revoicca to use with a pair of Wizardas I already have max leveled. But Revoicca's stage sucks really hard for farming money because the only rare she summons is Asmodeus and veeery rarely. Bottomline, farming for Revoiccas in event stage 3-1 and her stage when Lucy Far gets beaten haven't been very productive.

So, is there a stage after (or before) Hajune that would be more farming-friendly? I was thinking to farm that one just because that was the last one I did and is R and SR heavy.

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yea, Musashibou Benkei gives Para Up to my Yoshitsunes which is why it works so well. I have energy regen lvl 9 and I can barely get 1 SR spawn in about halfway if I save up for it. Once my SR dies it kind of falls apart since the team is a little weak for that stage. I honestly don't have very many other good cards to mix in so it's rough.

I'm going to try to get lvl 10 energy (halfway there) and try a slightly different mix and see if that puts me over the top.

For farming I've been doing 16-6 for money and cards I don't have yet. I've only cleared up to 19 so I don't think I've gotten as far as you have (been taking it slow).

Last edited:

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

As a SR I would probably go with a Sumeragi I got, low cost for a SR+, space unit and moves fast enough. But reading your post I'm starting to think I should drop the SRs and just focus on fast and AoE units, also some snipers like Lhytiss said. The SR I mentioned having 2 of them, costs around 547 at obedience 9 and having both of them in the party, I really doubt I'll get to summon even one without Lucy getting her ass kicked.

On the other hand, I just discovered my ultimate team for farming Hajune, those 2 SRs, a Ypoole, and whatever else that works as a meat wall while I'm building the SR death wall (also the meat wall can be weak units I want to level :)). Once I got 4+ of them shooting their fireballs almost nothing get to them, and when something seems like will get there...bam! Ypoole warp! So yeah, today I got some decent money farming done.

I see, you are farming Guan Yu, the one before Hajune. Can't remember which units she uses. I did get Guan Yu in the roulette, looks powerful but also expensive for an R unit. 500 at obedience 1 and non-evolved. Feels like it's probably better to just use SR Nobunaga. Btw, I just got to stage 19 too, cleared 18 (Ann-known) today looking for a good farmable stage.

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I haven't managed to beat 3-6 of the event yet but the event is still great for farming.
Agreed.

I'm never going to beat the event, I can't even beat 3-2. But I've made an insane amount of profit through leveling Lucy, and while farming candy bags (my favorite stage is 2-4) I've gotten dozens of Minamotomo's, which I've been leveling and feeding to the Tentacle at lvl 15. My Tentacle has actually gone from mid 40s to early 80s just doing this event for a week, and I've been playing since early September. I also made about 2 million in gold, which is a ton more than I normally make in a short period of time. I'm aiming for the max level Lucy rewards at 500,000 experience, since the payout is pretty serious stuff.

So yeah, even if you can't beat it, you can certainly profit from it.

Also, if anyone can read it (I sure can't), there is a reward I'm curious about. There are rewards for getting point thresholds, and rewards for your placement on the leaderboards . . . everyone in the top 500 gets something that looks like an R card girl, but I don't know what it is. Any ideas?

Last edited:

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

3-5 done.. it was PAINFUL but its done..

Ability used : Gungnir
Team Setup : 5x Himiko, 3x Viper, 2x Shappire

now then its time to see if this will work on 3-6.. after I got a reset on lucy's hp..

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What are you guys doing to negate the Elfellas? Just brute forcing the stage and hoping to clear it before they get Lucy? I had 2x Jeanne's in my team hoping to soak up some of the damage, but I can't tear through the stage fast enough.

I don't have any abilities upgraded except Eros Explosion, maybe that would change things?

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Just brute forcing the stage
Exactly, there is no real way (at least for free players) to negate some damage to Lucy against elfellas (they target the "oldest" unit on the enemy team.. thats always Lucy here).. so it all goes down to "can you kill the meat shield to get to the elfellas in time ?"

but belive me.. elfellas are the least of your problems.. 3-5 spams WhiteBlack/Goku/Realizer.. it's not even funny.

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

If you purchase one of the DMM only stages, are you guaranteed to get the girl to drop if you beat it? Or is it still the inane less than 1% drop rate for bosses?

Does beating it add her to the roulette?

Interested in getting Valentinius, just got 500 free DMM for registering a card, not sure what to spend it on.

but belive me.. elfellas are the least of your problems.. 3-5 spams WhiteBlack/Goku/Realizer.. it's not even funny.
Shouldn't be an issue . . . I actually wanted to farm 3-2 to GET a second Elfella, but I can't beat the stage. I really hate farming Fawmaw's stage.

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Ability used : Gungnir
Team Setup : 5x Himiko, 3x Viper, 2x Shappire
3-6 CLEAR

EDIT: it was REALLY close...
Lucy's hp after 3-6 ...

Last edited:

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Shouldn't be an issue . . . I actually wanted to farm 3-2 to GET a second Elfella, but I can't beat the stage. I really hate farming Fawmaw's stage.
There are later stages around 18-20 that spawn Elfellas as I got my second one yesterday. You can also hope for a lucky gacha spin. Probably best to farm those or the gacha instead. Even I don't farm the event 3-2 as Elfellas really do a number on Lucy's HP. Not worth it...

Tenchi757

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I figured out a way to cheat the system a little. When Lucy loses all her HP close the browser tab and open it again. You will still lose your ST but Lucy will be at 100% HP.

I've been using this for some 20+ attempts now...3-6 is such a pain. I've been very close a few times but no cigar. Still experimenting with different strategies.

-- Edit many hours later

So I finally beat 3-6. It took me seriously 70-80 attempts trying different decks and strategies but I got it in the end.

Skill: Explosion
Energy Regen: lvl 9
Team:
- Musashibou Benkei (SR+)
- 2x Minamotono Yoshitsune
- 2x Space Pirate Sapphire
- 2x Elfella
- Caesar
- Cleopatra

Spawn order was: Caesar, Cleopatra, Elfella, Elfella, Yoshitsune, Sapphire, Yoshitsune, Sapphire, Caesar, Benkei (SR), and spam everything but Elfella until the end

It was impossible to do this for my team without spawning the SR card in the middle to wipe out the mob of AOE death. 630 energy hurts but it paid off. The fact that Benkei and Yoshitsune Para Up each other also helped a lot.

Would have been easier if I had energy regen 10 but still 600k short.

I'm happy...and in the top 200 as well so looking forward to the other card and rewards when the event ends.

Last edited:

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you purchase one of the DMM only stages, are you guaranteed to get the girl to drop if you beat it? Or is it still the inane less than 1% drop rate for bosses?

Does beating it add her to the roulette?

Interested in getting Valentinius, just got 500 free DMM for registering a card, not sure what to spend it on.

Like any game nothings really ever guaranteed.

But I did net the basic girl and got through 4 stages I think in the 20 minutes time frame.

You just have to bite the bullet and do it is all.

Last edited:

Lhytiss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Agreed.
Also, if anyone can read it (I sure can't), there is a reward I'm curious about. There are rewards for getting point thresholds, and rewards for your placement on the leaderboards . . . everyone in the top 500 gets something that looks like an R card girl, but I don't know what it is. Any ideas?
It would be a weakened version of it's SR card. The SR card itself is the cat-eared girl on the 3rd event explanation image, and would available for those with rank 100 and above.

What I could read about her :
1. High HP Support unit
2. Greatly increase Attack power of the entire team (the R version will raise less)
3. Took less damage from ranged attack

I sure hope I could maintain my current rank and get her. :p:p
The event-item saving really paid out for me. I went up from 400th places to 42.. lol

Also, I'd recommend using your DMM points to expand your max unit holder..

Anyway, congratz for those who cleared 3-6 ! :D:D:D

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Like any game nothings really ever guaranteed.

But I did net the basic girl and got through 4 stages I think in the 20 minutes time frame.

You just have to bite the bullet and do it is all.
Can you only get the N version of her? Or is there a chance for a rarer version?

Also, why is the difference between the versions? Given the massively cheaper summon cost of the N version, wouldn't it be better?

Last edited:

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can you only get the N version of her? Or is there a chance for a rarer version?

Also, why is the difference between the versions? Given the massively cheaper summon cost of the N version, wouldn't it be better?
N or R is reported.

N on 3-2
R on 3-4
N on 3-6

You have to remember while N is cheaper to call forth always.
She never has a higher Attack Defense etc than any R version.
Also if the wiki is accurate the better the version to quicker she activates the skill and is not so close to the front lines.
Wiki says " Skill activation distance is shortened"

Which I have to say if she didn't move to the front lines as far as the N+ version does she would be more helpful all around. I may have to go get an R version or even and SR version which is reportedly out there.

Even if they are exactly the same from level 1-20
If we had actual numbers to work with we would be better armed in choosing what girls to use. But unless someone dives in to the back end of the game and figures these out we simply have to assume + is better unless we prove otherwise through testing.

N girls go up to 15 max
N+ girls go up to 30 max

R girls go up to 20 max
R+ girls go up to 40 max

SR girls go up to 30 max
SR+ girls go up to 60 max

So you really have to work out what's best for your needs.
I do find it a bit ridiculous that their cost goes up too high instead of down after moving to + but that is life.

Last edited: