What's new

[DMM] Tentacles Tactics

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [DMM] Tentacles Tactics

So I got 3 Minamoto Yoshitsune cards today, is she any good? For now I'm leveling one up and seems to do a pretty good job.
Shes nice, she's got range attack so she hits every unit in her range, with a really fast swing time so she usually hits earlier then a lot of other cards, her hp isn't the best but thanks to her dodge she can tank pretty well.
(well if you're lucky she can tank stupid amounts of damage thanks to it)
Also shes one of the faster melee cards so she won't be lagging behind your other units usually.

Artigael

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks, seems I got lucky then :D

They dropped on stage 1-3 of the event map, so maybe they have a higher drop change there.

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So 10 iron whips
5 Blue bags
Now 30 dimension girls instead of the previous 15
So each time you clear something it will go up once it's refreshed.
Storing up for the whips and bags i've had 5 blue bags but didn''t get em all in at the same time clearly.
and I think it probably was green to start or maybe blue i recall it being 3 before.
So the next day it moved up.

30 Regular whips for +1500 bonus
5 gold bags for +2500 bonus. (annoyed with this I thought it was still blue and used up blues i had without checking urghhh.)
30 dimension girls for a bonus of +3000

will post todays offerings as I work them out once they flip.
So far I have the gold bags left which sucks but what can ya do.

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Okay so serious question here.

The wikis nice but it is a bit tricky to deal with.
If I were to put most of the data into a easier to read google spreadsheet would you all care and use it?

Also what do you think about a google + page with hangouts for data as well as this forum?

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Evolving a girl will unlock her H scene.

There are some as noted in the first post of this thread...

Lucy Far <- trash tier
Okabiki Meguru <- noidea, I don't have her
Ultimiya <- trash tier
Thomas Edison <- pvp only
Kurogane <- noidea, never used her..
Space Pirate Sapphires <- low dmg but the fastest attack speed in the game, good for pressure
Shadmalice <- slow re-attack but high reach make her good agains anything that you don't want to face-tank (ridiculous in swarms)
Invadia <- trash tier
Gakutensoku <- trash tier
Ne-ko <- without her other version shes just trash tier, noidea if it would really help to have her other version around..
Oda Nobunaga <- Minamoto does her job better
Asmodeus <- dangerous if used as a swarm, or behind a REALLY big meat shield
Y-Poola <- best R rush unit (has warp after evolving)
Ona no Takamura <- trash tier
Yarma <- trash tier
Tamaki Tamaki <- below trash tier :D
Hybrider-1 <- fastest R unit in game, not too useful for actual combat (combining her with the summon restrict power against bosses is useful)

sidenote: the usefulness of R rarity ranged damage dealers is totally and utterly out-shined/outperformed by Elfella to the point where using them in her place is just not an option.

- A good flier <- not really something you would need, srsly, their only advantage is that they are not affected by the slowing tentacle power(pvp.. but noone uses that anyways)
- A good ranged girl <- Elfella after evolution
- A good heavy hitter <- if its high dmg in single attack that you're looking for then Shadmalice/Asmodeus, if its dps then Shappire has the highest DPS of all melee R units, if its ranged dmg then Elfella

sidenote: don't forget that placing multiple copies of the same unit in your roster will reduce their summon cost.

Also, what is a good stage for level and money grinding?
Any boss stage as long as you stay long enough, preferably one that has R girls as enemies. (12-6 for example)
Explanation : you can stay in one map for up to 20 mins, you lose the ma at 20 mins but staying for 15+ mins helps getting more drops/gold, boss stages dont have the problem of winning it unintentionally too early (just don't beat her minigame when you reach her until you farmed enough..), when you kill an enemy unit you get gold based on the rarity of the unit (NPC-30 NGirl-50 RGirl-250 SRGirl-750), so a map with mostly R/SR girls as enemies gives more cash over the same amount of time..
I think some of those units aren't trash, but they are useful in particular situations, my take on some of those discussed there:

Lucy Far <- yeah...she's trash tier. Her only good point is her low cost/cooldown but it's not enough to compensate for her lack of any real strength.
Ultimiya <- I totally disagree here. As most ranged units she sucks when there are a lot of missile invalid units but she has decent speed, decent HP and her attack is AoE. 3 or 4 of them behind a meat shield does wonders. Also I don't find her too expensive so it's easy to use.
Kurogane <- She was one of my first rares, got her in the RP roulette I think. In my opinion she's pretty meh... Supposedly she has one of the best critical rates in the game, if not the best, and hits kind of hard but has very low movement speed and I would say average attack speed. And costs about the same or a bit more than Yoshitsune. Also she gets a debuff when there's a unit with the beautiful girl trait present, or something like that, which units like Shadmalice has. So, overall, I didn't see why use her instead of Yoshitsune. Also, pretty weird h-scene xD
Gakutensoku <- Supposedly her attack is a little better or around the same that Yoshitsune. I was saving her for latter stages because she's immune to abnormal conditions but while leveling her I found her to be too bland so I trashed her. Also, weak against electrical attack.
Ne-ko <- this unit could be a good rusher, really fast and not too costly. What I don't like about her is her attack animation, too slow, she often gets hit before she strikes. She probably gets better using the N ranged cat girl combo but I don't like that unit, I prefer to use the Magical girls combo. Sasuke is a way better option.
Oda Nobunaga <- I agree, just wanted to note that the Ranmaru/Nobunaga combo doesn't work with the R Nobunaga.
Tamaki Tamaki <- With this one, I still don't know if I disagree. You see, I know her attack is really low, and her speed is average, but! she's not supposed to be an attack unit. Her skills are abnormal conditions immune and 100% knockback attack. She can be used to delay enemy units or to push the line faster, the way I see it. So I didn't trash her, I evolved and got her to lvl 30. I intend to test her in this event but because I haven't been able to play too much these days I'm currently on 3-1, barely have Lucy at lvl 35. I'll try using her with rusher units to see if it does help pushing the line and getting rid of the elfellas quicker.

Also, mid range units have their uses, attacks from units like Monster Hunter K (N) or Maya (N) are not considered missile, hit multiple times and have a very good chance of knocking back units. I usually use them to deal with maps heavy on shield or missile invalid units. Well, I still haven't seriously tested Maya but from what I can see she's pretty much an upgraded Monster Hunter K.

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Okay so serious question here.

The wikis nice but it is a bit tricky to deal with.
If I were to put most of the data into a easier to read google spreadsheet would you all care and use it?

Also what do you think about a google + page with hangouts for data as well as this forum?
I'd love to develop an English repository of information, especially girl ratings, classifications, special bonuses and evolution perks, as well as tags to describe the types of H scenes each girl h as. The wiki is almost useless for me, except for finding out what combat type a girl is.

Also, is there an easier way to get more Elfellas? I've been farming the normal stage for a while, and even GOT one but then my browser crashed before the stage ended. Any other stages she shows up in? I'm not past Halloween Boss 2 yet, so I can't farm the tier three stages yet.

THIRD EDIT:
How do the Halloween candies work? Can you get them from each stage? Is it once a day?

Last edited:

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

My luck with Elfella has always been horrible, in fact, I still don't have even one and the game for me was extremely easy until I got to Hajune (Maya was a little hiccup that just needed a different strategy =P) because of all the time I spent hunting Elfellas and Yoshitsune, but at least I got 3 Yoshitsunes. But if it helps, stages (or more likely just boss stages) have like 2 modes, seems like a normal and a harder one where usually the boss spams more R and SR units, sometimes even brings out a unit she doesn't "normally use in normal". It seems the mode you get is totally random, so, if you see Mau is summoning mostly magical girls and barely a Elfella, just beat the stage quick and try again until you see that she spams Elfellas. No point in spending 15+ mins getting crappy exp and money for just a chance with a couple Elfellas.

The candies, if you mean the exp item for Lucy Far, drop randomly, the harder the stage you can get better colors I guess

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The candies, if you mean the exp item for Lucy Far, drop randomly, the harder the stage you can get better colors I guess
Can you get more than one a day from any one stage?

Gah, leveled up Lucy a ton with a Blue Candy, and she got so fast that I can't keep up with her now and she gets hit by AoE projectiles in 2-6. Weird that leveling her up would actually decrease my success . . . before she died by the bosses hand.

Last edited:

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

As one of the bonuses being feeding her 5 candies in one day, I guess you can get more than one. Haven't really tried, farming other stuff so I can farm those stages. I beat the 2nd boss around level 32-33. I think she was still as slow as the beginning. I guess once she gets fast now you have to make her strong enough to resist lots of attacks.

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Elfellas.. yeah the drop rate is horrible..
..I just spam afk'd 4-5 for a day for her.

(if your tentacle is upgraded enough you can just afk it right after start..
..start mission -> go afk -> check back in a few mins for loot -> repeat)

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Elfellas.. yeah the drop rate is horrible..
..I just spam afk'd 4-5 for a day for her.

(if your tentacle is upgraded enough you can just afk it right after start..
..start mission -> go afk -> check back in a few mins for loot -> repeat)
Your tentacle can fight back? I've never seen him fight before, is it because I skipped the other upgrades as recommended in the intro post?

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If you go back to page 83 i've listed what i collected though i did stop adding more.

Stage one might drop Green (never went back to check but is logical to think so.)
Stage two drops Green and Blue (Maybe gold but I SERIOUSLY doubt it i played 2 for most of my leveling up.)
Stage 3 Green Blue Gold

Get as many as you can every day simply by playing them over and over again.
Pick a stage you can win most often and get to work.

I would also save up some because the daily bonus.

For me now at level 90
It's 30 whips
5 gold
30 dimension girls.

I've not noticed lucy to speed up at all with leveling.
She only speeds up base don her stage.

If I do stage 2 any level she's still just as slow as she always was least for me anyway.

Stage 1 slowest
Stage two still nicely slow
Stage 3 too fast imho.

Last edited:

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Your tentacle can fight back? I've never seen him fight before, is it because I skipped the other upgrades as recommended in the intro post?
When girls get too close he fires a magic ball or whatever you want to call it.

That damage goes up as you pay and there's an item to make it go farther out to.

If you got hangouts Leinfors hit me up we can talk more directly and I can explain least all I've learned and I haven't been playing all that long I'm just tenacious about figuring things out and yeah the initial post not quite so good any more helpful but lots to be desired.

As for things to upgrade on your emperor.

Here's the break down form left to right.
Data can be found here btw on the levels and costs

Number of girls in squad <-- more girls more to choose from obviously. 10 is max. There might be tickets to give you a free slot.
Summoning Energy Limit <-- more energy for bigger girls rank accordingly to need
Energy Loading Speed <-- quite important if you ask me. at rank ten you get 50 energy per second.
Emperors Hit Points <-- Self explanatory max is 1000 at level 10
Emperors Defense <-- reduction of damage basically to Hit Points
Emperors Attack Range <-- How far his ball of damage will shoot out. In early stages you can literally just let him do all the killing without calling any girls till you want to finish the level.
Emperors Attack Force <-- Damage the ball does plus extra damage on Torture Boss stage.
Emperors Attack Speed <-- How quickly he shoots his ball out

Last edited:

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'd love to develop an English repository of information, especially girl ratings, classifications, special bonuses and evolution perks, as well as tags to describe the types of H scenes each girl h as. The wiki is almost useless for me, except for finding out what combat type a girl is.

Also, is there an easier way to get more Elfellas? I've been farming the normal stage for a while, and even GOT one but then my browser crashed before the stage ended. Any other stages she shows up in? I'm not past Halloween Boss 2 yet, so I can't farm the tier three stages yet.

THIRD EDIT:
How do the Halloween candies work? Can you get them from each stage? Is it once a day?
Cool I'll find some time to get it started up.
Just will take some time to migrate the data over and I want to put the names in as they are in the game not how they are translated on the wiki.

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Yeah, those first posts are more a recommendation about what upgrades are more important but the others shouldn't be ignored. Your tentacle dude always fights back but at first it's just melee, there is range upgrade which allows him to shoot. With just a few upgrades in attack power and range he can help quite a bit in latter stages where sometimes it's better to let the fight come to you than rush as fast as possible. At the moment I can't afk because the Elfellas outrange me, also, I'm not so sure about farming 4-5, most of the time it can end pretty soon when your friends units come to help and end up destroying the crystal (and they will because apparently the chance increases when you are "overwhelmed") so I feel it's a waste of ST.

I'm taking a break of Elfella hunting and farmed event 3-1, used:
Yoshitsune Lv40, Obedience 8
Ranmaru Lv30, Ob. 10
Ranmaru Lv21 Ob. 10
Sasuke Lv31 Ob. 8
Y-poole Lv31 Ob. 8
Tamaki Tamaki Lv31 Ob. 5 (I thought I had maxed that o.o)
Cleopatra max level and ob. 10
Swimsuit Nobunaga (just for the Ranmaru combo)

And I got to say, pretty good. I just rush and use the explosion accordingly. Yes, most of my units drop like flies when a Revoicca hits but I end up swarming them anyways. I won't upgrade Lucy Far too much just in case the added speed screws this setting. I would try getting the Valentine 99th to replace Cleopatra but I haven't been able to buy anything online for a week now because my bank has some technical issues...

Would be nice if along the way I also get a friggin' Revoicca, that I've been farming too for a long time now with no success at all (so I can try the Wizarda/Revoicca combo to farm Hajune).

EDIT: Oh, so she doesn't speed up with the levels? I've been saving up the candy for later but if it's that way I'll just give her what's needed for the day bonus each day, and probably end dumping the rest on her when it's time to wrap this event up

Last edited:

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Would be nice if along the way I also get a friggin' Revoicca, that I've been farming too for a long time now with no success at all (so I can try the Wizarda/Revoicca combo to farm Hajune).

EDIT: Oh, so she doesn't speed up with the levels? I've been saving up the candy for later but if it's that way I'll just give her what's needed for the day bonus each day, and probably end dumping the rest on her when it's time to wrap this event up
I'm at stage 3-4 I did get revoica I think from 3-2 or 3-3
As back on 2-5 I picked up a Ono no Takamura

Though I may have gotten revoica from roulette normal but I don't think so.
I've been farming for green blue and gold a lot.

Yeah I have not noticed lucy being any faster and like I said I'm at level 90 and in stage 2 she's just as slow as she always is and not as fast as she in stage 3.

So I don't think her speed goes up at all.

Last edited:

Leinfors

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm at stage 3-4 I did get revoica I think from 3-2 or 3-3
As back on 2-5 I picked up a Ono no Takamura

Though I may have gotten revoica from roulette normal but I don't think so.
I've been farming for green blue and gold a lot.

Yeah I have not noticed lucy being any faster and like I said I'm at level 90 and in stage 2 she's just as slow as she always is and not as fast as she in stage 3.

So I don't think her speed goes up at all.
Weird. My first attempt at 2-6, she got to the boss without taking any damage at all. My second attempt, 20 levels later and a bunch of my other girls being higher, she got down to around 20% health before she reached the boss.

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Weird. My first attempt at 2-6, she got to the boss without taking any damage at all. My second attempt, 20 levels later and a bunch of my other girls being higher, she got down to around 20% health before she reached the boss.
Yeah there's randomness for sure. I can get to the end of 3-1 with no damage other times there's more rev picas and they can knock me down quite a lot all varies.

Midnght

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anyone know when the event is due to end?

Also I've been on level 96-98 all night and not a single green blue or gold drop and I need another gold grrrrrr.

You might want to stock up before crossing 95 it sure feels like I'm not being given any candy/rice any more and it rather sucks. I'm one level from 100 at 98 with one gold bag left needed to get the daily bonus.

Well finally got a green after most of the night. Either the drops real low or everyone japan has woken up. Lol
And finally a second green.

Well I don't know what was going on but I ended with two more green for a total of four and a blue.
I used roulette girls to get to 99.

I still can't beat 3-4 but I am off to bed to recharge and try tomorrow maybe some of you have had better luck and thoughts?

Saving the bags for the last level quick recharge to fight again.
Not officially level 100 but I have the bags to do the job last level is only 10000 I have 11000 I can sink in and be 100.

Good night everyone good luck.

Last edited: