What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

the thing is, you guys are saying she MIGHT be bad if you don't know her confirmed max stats, but I'm saying she ALREADY has good stats...and a good skill. not good enough for majin based on the current stats due to low hp, definitely, but good enough for general use.
I'm not judging her, just hopping she gets as good as possible.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

News Report for Upcoming Maintenance on August 25th:

(Premium) Black Druid Fiore (森の隠者フィオレ):

(Premium) Black Archer Ursula (神業の狩人アーシェラ):

Incoming 'Nanaly Dies'. I'm going to guess Ursula increases archer attack by +10% while she's deployed.

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Why does that seem like a black ranger rather than another black archer?
I must be going crazy lol.

Fiore feels straight from FKG, but need more details to know good or bad.

But the lack of BDR, game plz.

Tsumetai Ookami

Demon Girl
Reputation score

UI renewal sounds good!!

I always wanted some better filters and sort function on units' menus ... maybe multi gacha button ... the secretary system would be nice too, but I guess it would be a bit weird with some unit's arts, it would be fine if they make a new secretary art for each unit though (and add some voice too!!), but it would be too much work ... just dreaming ...

This Ursula's arts with this purple "mist" reminds me of Rita ... maybe she gives conceal skill to all archers!!! Just kidding ... But by her looks and title, she seem to be magic or divine related or something like that, maybe she got bonus against some kind of enemy ...

I also thought she looked like a ranger, but by her title she is a hunter like Bella, Stray and Victoria. Ranger is a guardian or keeper of some forest ...

But other black archer now ... would prefer a ranger, demon slayer, shaman or other class that has no black unit yet ...

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

If Ursula really is an Archer and not a Ranger, it makes me a little mad. Nanaly is already a bit lackluster with her boring AW passive and getting left behind in the DPS department against non-flying units. Nanaly doesn't need competition, she needs a buff!

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Upcoming Maintenance on August 25th Between 10:00~15:00:
Contents:
-Emergency Mission "Imperial Healer" (帝国の治癒士) Begins.
UI Renewal:
-Early UI Renewal for DMM-version "Millennium War Aegis" and "Millennium War Aegis R".
+Other Functions Planned to be Steadily Added in the Future.
Trading Post:
-Following Units Replaced on September 1st:
+(Magic) Gunner Janna, Sailor Viera, Ninja Hien, Witch Ryuryu
Other:
-Premium Summoning Chance-up Units Changed.
-Pick-up Summoning Ends.

(Event) Platinum Healer Elias (エリアス):

Plat Healer Elias's illustrator is Narumi (鳴海; ).
Strengthen Healing II (回復力強化II): (30s; attack 1.7x; AS: 167; WT: 20; CT: 40)

(Premium) Black Druid Fiore (森の隠者フィオレ):

(Premium) Black Archer Ursula (神業の狩人アーシェラ):

Finished Hibari's event at exactly 1400 sealing talisman while bullying Nurarihyon. Second time this has happened on an item trial. Have over 99 plat fairies even after using a bunch to raise Kokoro, Gloria, Sabrina, and Gretel to LV/CC70 (right now I'm prepping Sorano, so I can feed her the excess plat fairies clogging up my unit box).

Have 44 sacred crystals I need to spend before the end of this month. Either I can spend them on farming Maribelle, Momiji, and Rita if their schedules allow, or I can just dump them on premium and hope I get the Gold Bowrider, which is pretty unlikely unless they make her a chance-up unit so soon after last week.

Typical that they didn't finish the UI Renewal or 2nd Awakening this summer. This is the same staff that kept saying they would prepare a video for TGS last year, and never delivered. Even the Kanpani Girls staff had to do the video for the collaboration between these two games during 2015 April Fools Day event...

While no one listens, there's a very good precedent the UI Renewal, even a partial one, isn't going to be smooth, so it would be a good idea to leave a few hours of leeway for after the maintenance clears in case there's an extended or emergency maintenance.

Last edited:

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So Elias has Strengthen Healing II, huh? Well, that simplifies things. It means I literally have no reason to grind her beyond getting her to CR-2 just for the chance that there might possibly ever be a slightly more challenging empire-only map.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Gabezhul
If you have Nanaly, then there is no reason for you to complain about one of the best DPS in the game. Every unit has their faults no matter how good they are. She will continue to perform very well, no matter the content as long as you use them well and support them well. Not only that, you are quick to assume that the new Black Archer is going to make Nanaly obsolete. How is she going to be obsolete? She still sees plenty of use from people that don't have Leone.

Even if you do roll the new archer, nothing is going to stop you from using both of them.

Be grateful that you actually do have one of the best DPS in the game when there are other people out there that struggle to obtain one at all.

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@Gabezhul
If you have Nanaly, then there is no reason for you to complain about one of the best DPS in the game. Every unit has their faults no matter how good they are. She will continue to perform very well, no matter the content as long as you use them well and support them well. Not only that, you are quick to assume that the new Black Archer is going to make Nanaly obsolete. How is she going to be obsolete? She still sees plenty of use from people that don't have Leone.

Even if you do roll the new archer, nothing is going to stop you from using both of them.

Be grateful that you actually do have one of the best DPS in the game when there are other people out there that struggle to obtain one at all.
Your points are not incorrect, but you are kind of misunderstanding my complaints: Yes, Nanaly is a solid workhorse DPS unit, my problem is that, especially in light of a lot of the new Blacks, Nanaly is just incredibly plain and boring. Yes, she deals a lot of burst damage, but that's all she does. There are a lot of other blacks and even plats than can do that. Yes, she has a longer range than other archers, but so do pirates, monster slayers and Miruno. She is incredibly useful for new players because of her skill being static, but it also means she has very little space to grow in the lategame and while you can buff her with Enchaters/Dancers, she gives little to no synergy to other units.

Overall my main problem with Ursula is not that she would make Nanaly "obsolete", but that they introduced a new Black archer at all instead of making Nanaly more interesting!

Also: While they did make Dyne more relevant with her tweaked AW skill, she suffers from most of the same problems (her passive being a simple def boost with detriments), and her being overshadowed by Dina's ranged attack and negation tanking could very well foreshadow the relationship between Nanaly and Ursula.

Last edited:

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm betting My money on Ursula skill - passive - AW skill either

- Won't be targeted + multiplier etc etc. In short , RIP Rita~
- All Archer cost -1 / -2
- Tokenize

But since some people love the Majin
I guess it is won't be targeted~

================================

1370-1380 fragment on both of My accounts
Feels good~

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm betting My money on Ursula skill - passive - AW skill either

- Won't be targeted + multiplier etc etc. In short , RIP Rita~
- All Archer cost -1 / -2
- Tokenize

But since some people love the Majin
I guess it is won't be targeted~

================================

1370-1380 fragment on both of My accounts
Feels good~
so who are you betting with? does this mean that if you lose you will spend even more money rolling? lol.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Gabezhul
Why buff your Black unit that already performs very well. If you want to use an interesting unit, then use someone else than Nanaly. You aren't forced to use her in every event. There are over hundreds of units in the game, there is someone out there that is going to be "interesting."

I don't always use my favorite unit, Olivia, because I know how to use her well and I know her limitations. I'm not going around screaming for Olivia buffs just because she never sees use in Majin missions or because other units does something slightly different, but a lot better. I even fed her 3 Time Fairies and a Happy Fairy. I'm not going to go around asking for buffs just to validate doing all those things for her.

Heck, the only unit I thought that really deserved a buff was Towa and then she got a buff many months after her release because she paled in comparison to a majority of the Black units. She was a poor utility unit that had many faults for an "interesting" unit. "Interesting" units usually means attaching a gimmick that makes them inferior to top-tier generic DPS like Nanaly and Leone.

Towa's faults were:
-Designed to be a support unit
-Low range
-Positioning
-Low attack, also magic damage
-Skill is not global
-Required additional units that are 90% not great to pair her up with
-Units she "synergizes" with have to be placed in her proximity
-Only Estelle is generally useful with Towa
-Very hefty cost for decent DPS gain (Nanaly/Leone + Dancer costs a lot less, while offering so much more DPS)
-Very poor DPS in comparison to Despia (and that includes a dancer)

Now she has one of the best passives in the game. I'm satisfied with what they did despite not fixing many of the problems she has. Someone else I know can deploy Uzume, Waltz, Leone, and Nanaly for about ~35 cost, while it costs me ~50 cost to deploy Estelle, Marnie, and Towa for a fraction of his DPS.

Last edited:

Perpetual

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you want interesting, You can always switch to niche units and make weird niche strats that are fun instead of relying in vanilla strats and blacks.

Imo it's always fun making weird strats work with underrated units.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you want interesting, You can always switch to niche units and make weird niche strats that are fun instead of relying in vanilla strats and blacks.

Imo it's always fun making weird strats work with underrated units.
+1

Whenever a Majin event is around, I start to pick units that are known to perform well in those missions. It's a time when I can play seriously, and I have to use my best units I have available, which usually turns my team into 66% Black.

For other events, I fool around with my lesser used units because it's fun to mess around with a variety of stuff I would never give a chance in Majin events. It also gives me a better understanding of them if I ever need to use them over the best stuff I have. I even went around with a team full of soldiers and a few ranged units because I could do it. It's not the most ideal team for harder events, but it was a more "interesting" than using top-tier Blacks.

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

@Gabezhul
Why buff your Black unit that already performs very well. If you want to use an interesting unit, then use someone else than Nanaly. You aren't forced to use her in every event. There are over hundreds of units in the game, there is someone out there that is going to be "interesting."

I don't always use my favorite unit, Olivia, because I know how to use her well and I know her limitations. I'm not going around screaming for Olivia buffs just because she never sees use in Majin missions or because other units does something slightly different, but a lot better. I even fed her 3 Time Fairies and a Happy Fairy. I'm not going to go around asking for buffs just to validate doing all those things for her.

Heck, the only unit I thought that really deserved a buff was Towa and then she got a buff many months after her release because she paled in comparison to a majority of the Black units. She was a poor utility unit that had many faults for an "interesting" unit. "Interesting" units usually means attaching a gimmick that makes them inferior to top-tier generic DPS like Nanaly and Leone.

Towa's faults were:
-Designed to be a support unit
-Low range
-Positioning
-Low attack, also magic damage
-Skill is not global
-Required additional units that are 90% not great to pair her up with
-Units she "synergizes" with have to be placed in her proximity
-Only Estelle is generally useful with Towa
-Very hefty cost for decent DPS gain (Nanaly/Leone + Dancer costs a lot less, while offering so much more DPS)
-Very poor DPS in comparison to Despia (and that includes a dancer)

Now she has one of the best passives in the game. I'm satisfied with what they did despite not fixing many of the problems she has. Someone else I know can deploy Uzume, Waltz, Leone, and Nanaly for about ~35 cost, while it costs me ~50 cost to deploy Estelle, Marnie, and Towa for a fraction of his DPS.
Why do you automatically equate "change to be more interesting" with "buff"? *looks up* Oh, right. I said that. Sorry, it was the wrong word. The gist of my position is this: I don't want Nanaly to be better at what she already does. I want her to do something else besides that, to set her apart from the other units that already do the same thing that she does.

Also, your Olivia example is horrible. She is one of the most gimmicky units in the game who is interesting specifically because of that. She does something no one else can (maybe with the exeption of Karma, though their uses don't perfectly overlap.) Can you say the same about Nanaly?

As for Towa, guess what, I pulled her a week after her introduction and I regularly used her even before it was "cool", because I loved the tactical implications of her slowdown-area. Yes, if you only concern yourself with slavishly chasing DPS then she was a bad unit, but to me she was always more fun to use (and dare-I-say useful) than Nanaly, who is nothing more than a big stick you can use to hit bosses over the head with (a bit of a hyperbole, but I hope you get what I mean.)

Now, how to make Nanaly more interesting, you might ask? How about giving her the ability to dodge? Or the ability to counter incoming ranged attacks? Or the ability to shoot down incoming arrows while her skill is active? Or the ability to extend the range of all other archers? Or to get +20 range for each deployed archer? Or to reduce the chance of plinking damage for all archers by 50%?
You can make a unit more unique and interesting without upping its DPS, you know?

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If Ursula really is an Archer and not a Ranger, it makes me a little mad. Nanaly is already a bit lackluster with her boring AW passive and getting left behind in the DPS department against non-flying units. Nanaly doesn't need competition, she needs a buff!
What ...

Perpetual

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Go ahead and use what everyone called useless sarasa(smh) over nanally. That will make things interesting.

Gabezhul

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Leone does more DPS. Miranda does more DPS. Nataku (on a lucky streak) does more DPS. Right now Nanally has three things going for her: DPS, Range and killing fliers. She is beaten by other units in two out of three categories, and she has nothing else making her unique. What is so hard to understand about this?

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You do realize what you're asking for, for Nanaly changes, is usually done by other classes that are tailored made to support them. They just don't exist. Yet.

Pirates have multiple units that can support them.

Amelie - 10% ATK while deployed
Irene - 5% ATK
Sabrina - Cost -3 for Pirates while deployed
Helena - 10% ATK while deployed
Anelia - 7% ATK

Surely, they could have tacked on those bonuses onto Minerva instead of making people require multiple units just to make them stronger. Why bother with these classes or Maids if they can just buff my Black units to do everything.