What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Thx.

I'm way, way behind... damn devs who decided to sneak this collection event right after I rolled 150sc... (still have 60 in reserve though)

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thx.

I'm way, way behind... damn devs who decided to sneak this collection event right after I rolled 150sc... (still have 60 in reserve though)
Somehow I knew that there will be IC
Still , I thought / hoped that the IC is on 22'nd Dec so it interlap with new month/year stamp

lol
Plan is rekt for good~

I am on 8 SC to Legend
Bah.....

iYuzuru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

3 dupes and 11 fairies

yay?

2 more cost to go

Last edited:

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*sigh* I have to give up on getting Karma. I can only do the first 3 missions in the revival and that's just not enough to grind up 200+ yellow crystals. Had I known last week that she will stay in the trading post for one more week, I sure as shit wouldn't have bought a second Miruno and would've put more effort into grinding the goblin map. But that ship has sailed and I can't afford 15-20 SCs to buy Karma. Although maybe I should drop that much on getting her, even if that means I can't spend on Aigis for quite a while afterwards. I honestly don't know to get by without Karma in a lot of cases. I have no idea how to max out Immortal Beast or Danger in Oasis without her, just to name two story missions. Yeah, I know, there are silver only strats for both, but my reflexes and micromanagement skills are shit. I kinda cheated in a lot of cases by using my old laptop, because that couldn't run the game properly, so everything played out at half the normal speed, but that's sadly not an option anymore.*sigh* I wish I could trade Sarah for Karma.

As for the ongoing event, I aim for ~300. I can reliably do the 7 mana map, after looking up some videos, I'm not even going to bother with the 9 mana one, that's just WAAAAY beyond me.

Last edited:

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

News Update for Upcoming Maintenance:
-Emergency Mission "Arms Merchant and the Cursed Weapon" (武器商人と呪いの武器) Second Phase Begins.
-Summoner 2AW Implemented.

Summoner 2AW Class Split:
Grand Summoner (グランドサモナー):
Phantasm Summoner (幻想召喚士):

2AW Grand Summoner Farne:

Pupuru's 1st Revival Celebration by Tasaka Cyocyo (Original Illustrator):
Pupuru: "Congratulations on Revival!! Nanoja."

On the topic of Pupuru, Japanese users have been criticising the poor translation of the localisation concerning this line:

According to a Japanese native, the original is more like 'it's my fault, I'm so sorry, uwaaaan (lie)', whereas the English localisation changed it to 'it's NOT my fault, if it weren't for them...'. I don't know if the change was due to the translator missing the entire point of Pupuru's character, or a deliberate decision that doesn't respect the original (maybe they have an inexperienced translator and an overbearing proof editor?).

This was my translation, which is pretty much in line with the original's intent:
Pupuru: "FueE... uhh. I-it's all my fault~! Sobsob, Ugh, UwaAAAAN...!! Bad things will happen if I don't have that~!!"

Also, something that annoys me personally is changing 'fuee' to 'ooohhh'. A lot of translators in general have this terrible habit of changing certain utterances to something totally generic. Especially with stuff like 'kya' to 'ahh'. I completely disagree with these kinds of changes; if anyone here watches Japanese movies or anime subbed, I would think anyone who isn't deaf should immediately know the exact kind of sound used for 'fuee' or 'kya'. Basically, seeing 'kya' means one can immediately translate that to an accurate image of how the character sounds in their head, whereas 'ahh' is so generic that one can interpret that as a wide variety of screams, therefore making 'ahh' for 'kya' a bad translation.

Sybilla, Iris, and Dina by Niko ( ):

Heihei, Pitcher! by Masorin ( )

Last edited:

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Heihei, Pitcher! by Masorin ( )
This picture is win.

Anyways is it just me or does DMM version got like.. 2-4 events going on like every week?

Say.. that made me think what would be interesting.. Aigis as a Iron unit. Lol. But if you raise her affection to 100%, her stats become equivalent to a black.

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This picture is win.

Anyways is it just me or does DMM version got like.. 2-4 events going on like every week?

Say.. that made me think what would be interesting.. Aigis as a Iron unit. Lol. But if you raise her affection to 100%, her stats become equivalent to a black.
usually, 1 regular event, 1 daily revival (added since july).
1 subjugation every 1.5 months (with each subjugation lasting 1 month)
1 revival (star/item unit revival) as and when they like it? we've been having more star/item revivals recently probably because there was a really long break back when daily revival were just implemented.
and 1 majin advent/revival, frequency unknown as well for now.

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

usually, 1 regular event, 1 daily revival (added since july).
1 subjugation every 1.5 months (with each subjugation lasting 1 month)
1 revival (star/item unit revival) as and when they like it? we've been having more star/item revivals recently probably because there was a really long break back when daily revival were just implemented.
and 1 majin advent/revival, frequency unknown as well for now.
I see, thanks.

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This picture is win.

No it's not interesting kid
It's on moonrunes , not alphabet
Go back to Nutaku Aigis~

*sigh* I have to give up on getting Karma. I can only do the first 3 missions in the revival and that's just not enough to grind up 200+ yellow crystals. Had I known last week that she will stay in the trading post for one more week, I sure as shit wouldn't have bought a second Miruno and would've put more effort into grinding the goblin map. But that ship has sailed and I can't afford 15-20 SCs to buy Karma. Although maybe I should drop that much on getting her, even if that means I can't spend on Aigis for quite a while afterwards. I honestly don't know to get by without Karma in a lot of cases. I have no idea how to max out Immortal Beast or Danger in Oasis without her, just to name two story missions. Yeah, I know, there are silver only strats for both, but my reflexes and micromanagement skills are shit. I kinda cheated in a lot of cases by using my old laptop, because that couldn't run the game properly, so everything played out at half the normal speed, but that's sadly not an option anymore.*sigh* I wish I could trade Sarah for Karma.

As for the ongoing event, I aim for ~300. I can reliably do the 7 mana map, after looking up some videos, I'm not even going to bother with the 9 mana one, that's just WAAAAY beyond me.
15-20 SC to buy Karma?
You can also run Daily Revival to get free SC , just sacrifice 1 SC for Refill and You could get 5 SC in return
Do this for 3-4 day and You will get 20 SC

I'm not sure if Karma is DAT great , but maybe becoz I never got the chance to get her on Nutaku
But if she's DAT great like You said. I dun see 20 SC is that really of a great problem
Like I said , there is always Daily Revival~

-------------------------------------------

When I started , I could only run 5 Sta map on Liana Revival. Talk about shitty efficiency....
Even could only got 24 UP version , not even know the -2 CR is guaranteed
Could be years to get her Revival again
Bah......

Aeonmaster

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

@Overgoat

Honestly speaking Sarah > Karma. Reasons are that Sarahs SAW Lets her Dodge pretty much reliable for 30 seconds opposed to karmas 15 secs immortality.

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

@Overgoat

Honestly speaking Sarah > Karma. Reasons are that Sarahs SAW Lets her Dodge pretty much reliable for 30 seconds opposed to karmas 15 secs immortality.
^ This. Frankly, you're being a bit shortsighted Overgoat. Sarah is slowly becoming one of the better blacks in the game due to the sheer power of the buffs she keeps on getting. Most recently, the addition of the White Emperor.

Like Olivia, her SAW has 100% evasion. She won't tank a couple magic damage melee mobs but the instances of this are very rare. In every other instance, Sarah will usually do more for you than Karma and doesn't need to scale up to 30s like Olivia.

For example, Sarah is the only unit that can realistically tank Furfur in level 15 other than Karma(there are others that theoretically can but take like 5 continuous actives to do it). But she does it for 15 seconds longer. No one else can actually claim that. She can also tank hammer demons, any type of giant, ogre or oni, maou, shutendoji, orc heroes and swordmaster demons face to face to name a few.

Also, her SAW buffs your prince and emperor's attack and defense by +50%, on top of her cost reducing them and providing them passive stats. For AW Prince this makes him into an unstoppable tank/bruiser. For emperor, a 2.5k ranged true damage attack should solve problems for you - just use Sarah to tank said problem while the emperor wails on it from afar. This synergy will solve like 98% of event and story maps, including golem maps, on top of being reasonably useful in majin later on.

tl;dr It'd have been nice to get Karma, but Sarah is definitely the better unit.

Last edited:

Itamaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wew, that's some great art improvement from Farne AW> Farne AW2. Can't wait to see how her Phantasm Summoner art look like.

In the same time not going to put high expectation on her practical improvements in AW2 because so far the changes wasn't too significant for the other classes (Cypria being most noticeable). However, I am gladly to be proven wrong 2 days later.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ This. Frankly, you're being a bit shortsighted Overgoat. Sarah is slowly becoming one of the better blacks in the game due to the sheer power of the buffs she keeps on getting. Most recently, the addition of the White Emperor.

Like Olivia, her SAW has 100% evasion. She won't tank a couple magic damage melee mobs but the instances of this are very rare. In every other instance, Sarah will usually do more for you than Karma and doesn't need to scale up to 30s like Olivia.

For example, Sarah is the only unit that can realistically tank Furfur in level 15 other than Karma(there are others that theoretically can but take like 5 continuous actives to do it). But she does it for 15 seconds longer. No one else can actually claim that. She can also tank hammer demons, any type of giant, ogre or oni, maou, shutendoji, orc heroes and swordmaster demons face to face to name a few.

Also, her SAW buffs your prince and emperor's attack and defense by +50%, on top of her cost reducing them and providing them passive stats. For AW Prince this makes him into an unstoppable tank/bruiser. For emperor, a 2.5k ranged true damage attack should solve problems for you - just use Sarah to tank said problem while the emperor wails on it from afar. This synergy will solve like 98% of event and story maps, including golem maps, on top of being reasonably useful in majin later on.

tl;dr It'd have been nice to get Karma, but Sarah is definitely the better unit.
15th majin map... you are being funny here I see. I have absolutely no intention to throw so much money at the game that I could take 10+ majin maps. As such what works on those maps and what not is completely irrelevant to me. If I can reach the point where I can max out event units, I'll be perfectly satisfied there.

And yeah, I give you that Sarah scales better. An AW99 Sarah is undeniable leagues above an AW99 Karma. Of course she is, she is a premium black and Karma is an old free black. The difference is that that's months down the line. I'd have to AW and SAW her and the Emperor to get real value out of them. And even then, Sarah has pretty meager stats, so she's going to melt away under magic attacks, splash damage or true damage very quickly. And there's also the fact that her main ability is to buff royal units (emperor, price, princess), which I have a very limited number of.

Karma is useful to stop units that otherwise I cannot. Like I used her back in the day to pass Immortal Beast, because she could tank the attacks of the three liches while the rest of the team bombarded them to oblivion. I also used her on Danger in Oasis map to tank a big mummy and thanks to her AW ability, she also kept the rest of the team alive, because she outhealed the mummy mage's damage output.

If you have a team that can realistically take on 10+ majin maps, then of course Karma is useless to you. You have much stronger units to stop whatever needs stopping. But for a free and relatively new account Karma is a godsend. And she is useful out of the gate: she has decent stats even on level one and can immediately use her ability after getting put down. Thanks to her I could do a lot of event maps on the English side by focusing almost exclusively on raw DPS for a while, since I could stop pretty much anything in the crossfire thanks to Karma.

No it's not interesting kid
15-20 SC to buy Karma?
You can also run Daily Revival to get free SC , just sacrifice 1 SC for Refill and You could get 5 SC in return
Do this for 3-4 day and You will get 20 SC

I'm not sure if Karma is DAT great , but maybe becoz I never got the chance to get her on Nutaku
But if she's DAT great like You said. I dun see 20 SC is that really of a great problem
Like I said , there is always Daily Revival~

-------------------------------------------

When I started , I could only run 5 Sta map on Liana Revival. Talk about shitty efficiency....
Even could only got 24 UP version , not even know the -2 CR is guaranteed
Could be years to get her Revival again
Bah......
Again, as far as I know you have a pretty strong premium roster to work with, so Karma would be pretty underwhelming there.

Won't Karma and co be rotated out of the TP with tomorrow's update? Because if they stay until Sunday, then hell yeah I'm going to get her, even if I have to drop real money on it. Problem is I can only do the 40/3 map and that only drops 3 YC as far as I know. And I need 230 more for Karma. Considering that the YC drop is not necessarily 100%, I might need to run that map like a hundred times. That's closer to 30 crystals actually or even more. I won't be able to farm that much unfortunately.

Last edited:

Xion

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Dude relax, they just given you a piece of advice (a pretty good one). Sarah is way more useful than Karma in either of her presentations, if you want her because you are used to her great, go for it who knows maybe you'll end up raising Sarah later onb to power her up. But don't send there advice crapper only because they use premium units, I as a free player also agree with them if i had knew we would get the Emperor i would mhave pick Sarah instead of Cornelia with my black ticket, she is a great unit to have down the line.

Remember old event units aren't getting buff, some are even getting overturn by new event units, you may think that Karma is good because you know how to used her since you have her on nutaku, but here we have more variety you should try to adapt. Also even if you don't want to lvl up the premium units you get you'll eventually will have the resourses to do it, unless you sell them for rainbow crystals.

PS: How can a unit that buff 3 classes not be called godsent?

Aeonmaster

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

@Overgoat

If you would have read petites Update Post for the maintainence you would have known that they stayed 1 more week. So you can only "blame" yourself for getting a stronger unit opposed to a black event unit you can replace with a better gatcha unit you own.

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Dude relax, they just given you a piece of advice (a pretty good one). Sarah is way more useful than Karma in either of her presentations, if you want her because you are used to her great, go for it who knows maybe you'll end up raising Sarah later onb to power her up. But don't send there advice crapper only because they use premium units, I as a free player also agree with them if i had knew we would get the Emperor i would mhave pick Sarah instead of Cornelia with my black ticket, she is a great unit to have down the line.

Remember old event units aren't getting buff, some are even getting overturn by new event units, you may think that Karma is good because you know how to used her since you have her on nutaku, but here we have more variety you should try to adapt. Also even if you don't want to lvl up the premium units you get you'll eventually will have the resourses to do it, unless you sell them for rainbow crystals.

PS: How can a unit that buff 3 classes not be called godsent?
You completely misunderstood me here. I'm not dissing the advice. Hell, I admitted that Sarah has much more potential. Say, a year down the line Sarah will completely trump Karma in most situations. However, a year down the line I should have a roster that can deal with most events, Sarah or no Sarah. Having her will of course be good, but she won't carry me singlehandedly. Karma on the other hand can carry my team right now. I can get past story maps that I otherwise wouldn't and I can do one more levels per event than without her, that speeds up my progress quite a lot.

And I also never said that I don't want premium units. Sure I'm happy when I luck out on the summoning and end up getting a good premium unit. I was all giddy for half a day when I pulled Cornelia on the English server, even though my team is so overleveled that I don't really need her. I just don't have the money to throw hundreds of dollars on the game on a regular basis, so generally I don't plan on getting any premium units. There are a lot of very amazing premium units, but since I most likely won't ever have them, they might as well not be there for all I care. Otherwise I'll be just constantly salty over not having premium unit X, when (s)he could make the map I struggling with completely trivial.

The only thing I dissed there is proving Sarah usefulness through a majin event. I mean, c'mon, majin events are the ultimate whale-challangers. I've seen videos of them and 15th majin maps used like fully AW'd premium roster with a lot of micro and tight tactics. How the fuck is that relevant to me? It's like watching a Hearthstone tournament. It's fun to watch, but it's also blatantly obvious that I'll never-ever be going to get there myself.

@Overgoat

If you would have read petites Update Post for the maintainence you would have known that they stayed 1 more week. So you can only "blame" yourself for getting a stronger unit opposed to a black event unit you can replace with a better gatcha unit you own.
I don't regret getting Miruno over Karma. What I do regret is getting a second Miruno over Karma.

Last edited:

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Overgoat

IIRC Karma is rotated out on Dec 15'th
But You can run 2 Daily Revival. Since MT is in the morning (JST)

Let say You are only strong to do 4-5 map , 4-5 SC per day
Atleast You only need 5$-10$ money to get Karma
If You really think she is DAT great , IMO 5$-10$ is cheap
For a Unit carry You on for many map on Your Nutaku experience

Still , Sarah is better
But eh..... I know DAT feel~

In the past I said Fiore is < Ashera

Other people side is always greener or something about those line (CMIIW)
LOL~

The Overgoat

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, the only problem is that I have a grand total of $3 in the bank.:rolleyes:

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Whoa there... an example is an example, Overgoat. That's why I said it was an example. This is also why I listed a bunch other dangerous enemies you will be facing down the road. The advice regarding the tanking of Furfur applies just as much as it does in level 15 as level 5 for many players. And yes, many f2p's do beat the level 5 version.

Another thing is, assuming you play at a normal pace, Sarah will definitely be awakened(and possibly skill awakened) in a reasonable time frame(Three months, give or take a month depending on what you focus on). The scale and number of resources given on DMM is much greater than Nutaku. Also the emperor doesn't need to be AW or SAW, so no worries there.

Relax, enjoy yourself and don't worry so much, okay? :p

razisgosu

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Definitely agree with resources not being a problem over here. I've been playing DMM half as long as Nutaku's version and I already have a significantly stronger team overall and if i actually put effort into silvers i could have even more awakened units. I could skill awaken a couple units as well but haven't yet due to indecisiveness.

Between SC being plentiful, silvers, armors, and fairies being guaranteed on first drop and daily revival rotations, you will be drowning in resources eventually.