What's new

Ouroboros

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ouroboros presents a bright, cheerful world in which something is horrifyingly wrong. The hero has a princess to save and a quest set before him, but there are unsettling signs that all this has happened before. As you play the game, you'll come to realize that the dungeons and monsters are meaningless distractions from the task of uncovering the truth.

More info about this completed side project , or you can find the commercial version in the following places:

You can also get it via Patreon. If you're an old or long time patron, just message me for a free copy! ^-^ But you can also use it as a store by giving me a temporary pledge, if you'd rather support directly instead of using one of the above stores.

If you like this project and don't know who I am, you can take a look at my other work in either of these places:
- (my ongoing solo project)
- (my fully-illustrated collaboration with )

This was a lot of fun! Though I'll be working on my core projects for the foreseeable future, I hope at some point I can create some small completed games as well.

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Ouroboros

WOOHOO!! :D

How long is this game approximately, if i may ask Sierra?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Heh, the jumping mechanic is really nice, but don't overuse it. (to the players) You can actually jump over "invisible barriers". Like for example once you enter the first town you can't go to the first street to north, but you can jump through it, and skip what I assume is quite a bit ahead.

Edit: Ok maybe not a bit but still. :p

Last edited:

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well spank my ass and call me Charlie, a full game outta nowhere! Will check it out when I wake up, but knowing your other games, I bet that it's good :D

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

sprite sex?
Sorry, no. If anybody knows of good sex bases for MV, please let me know!

WOOHOO!! :D

How long is this game approximately, if i may ask Sierra?
Censuur gave you a good answer; I've been saying about three hours. Some people have reported much higher numbers, and there are plenty of non-essential secrets you could spend a while hunting down, but I don't want to over-promise. I was aiming for a short and sweet game.

Heh, the jumping mechanic is really nice, but don't overuse it. (to the players) You can actually jump over "invisible barriers". Like for example once you enter the first town you can't go to the first street to north, but you can jump through it, and skip what I assume is quite a bit ahead.

Edit: Ok maybe not a bit but still. :p
I haven't been able to duplicate this, but based on other reports, you're correct. It seems like if the game is lagging on your computer, you can jump over certain barriers. I've tried to block this everywhere it would be game-breaking, but maybe I should add it to the town blockers as well for a smoother experience.

Well spank my ass and call me Charlie, a full game outta nowhere! Will check it out when I wake up, but knowing your other games, I bet that it's good :D
Hope you enjoy it!

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Sorry, no. If anybody knows of good sex bases for MV, please let me know!
oh no, i mean what kind of sex scenes does it have since i don't see a cg sample
but then i just realized that its you Sierra, so its text scenes right?

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

Well spank my ass and call me Charlie
OK, I'll bend you over my knee.... Charlie?

Also side note, wow the graphics are close to a ps vita game! To bad the main character is a guy. Oh well.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I went through it again this time trying a different angle in breaking the game and found some interesting ways to mess with the things, just figured I'd share the tale of oddities I found in doing so.

Story spoilers ahead so be warned.

This time I basically kidnapped Amiel the very first time you get her along by jumping over the trigger that has her leave the party and used her as a distraction to beat several of the optional encounters in the first cycle.

Now you'll never really be doing this unless you're actively trying to screw with the game as you need to jump over the trigger three separate times and the timing is somewhat tricky, but if you keep Amiel with you all the way to the end you actually end up "stuck" because Amiel remains in your party when you reset and she won't be in her house to give you the 10 gold you need to progress, fortunately the guy who wants you to kill goblins has some spare cash and we're good to go (for now)!

It also seems Amiel lost her peasant dress somewhere...

After regaining our memories going to Amiel's house has some interesting dialogue with the still-absent (in our party) Amiel, along with some ghostly speech bubbles ^_^

So I went and got the fire necklace, beat up an innocent succubus and while you can't give peasant Amiel any other equipment she can oddly equip the weapon you get from the succubus.

Sadly the consequences of messing with the triggers finally shows up when it's time to get the grate breaking horn again as the fairy doesn't show (her spawn trigger seems to be when you recruit Amiel, which we can't do because we already have her) and there's no way to continue on from there. Amiel won't leave our party as her departure trigger is tied to the fairy that refuses to show up and we can't make the fairy show up without Amiel being at her house.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My God, i'm terrible at this game, very very terrible. :(
More generally, i'm bad at games where you're supposed to mess with either the game's design, stories, rules, systems, or 4th walls... :eek:

I'm already at 4th cycle but the story doesn't progress at all...
Can someone give me a clue of what should i do when Atreyan realized the Rock-Falling-Into-Your-Head event?

Wait a minute... don't tell me the "Something Good" event is actually the keys to break the cycle?!
Cuz admittedly that whole 4 cycle i had actually spent without winning anyone affection, yeah surprising i know... :eek:
I just had the impression that the sexies were optional, so i tried to progress the story without minding them females at all.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's an area on the map north of the first dungeon where Slimey will initially not allow you to go on the very first cycle, afterwards you can go there and find another one of those stone monoliths that you see at the very start.

Inspect this like 5x in a row until something happens that changes everything.

Check the spoiler for additional help:
Afterward, visit all three women in town and return to the very first monolith to get the ability to awaken one of them.

for some more help (i.e. somewhat of a walkthrough):
Don't spend any gold, collect all the chests you can find and gather a total of 999 gold for the fire necklace, awaken Emantha first for the lantern and buff items. After buying the fire necklace you can go past the wall of fire and fine another monolith that allows to to awaken Teira and learn rock smash. After learning rock smash you can go reset the cycle again, this time you want to get the bomb bag and use it on the beach instead, opening the area to the third monolith that allows you to awaken everyone at once. Awakening Amiel lets you skip the fire dungeon by screwing the fairy and break the fairy fire, which more or less lets us end the game now, but for completions sake we can still re-do the cycle once more and bring Teira to the earth dungeon for some extra dialogue.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's an area on the map north of the first dungeon where Slimey will initially not allow you to go on the very first cycle, afterwards you can go there and find another one of those stone monoliths that you see at the very start.

Afterward, visit all three women in town and return to the very first monolith to get the ability to awaken one of them.

Don't spend any gold, collect all the chests you can find and gather a total of 999 gold for the fire necklace, awaken Emantha first for the lantern and buff items. After buying the fire necklace you can go past the wall of fire and fine another monolith that allows to to awaken Teira and learn rock smash. After learning rock smash you can go reset the cycle again, this time you want to get the bomb bag and use it on the beach instead, opening the area to the third monolith that allows you to awaken everyone at once. Awakening Amiel lets you skip the fire dungeon by screwing the fairy and break the fairy fire, which more or less lets us end the game now, but for completions sake we can still re-do the cycle once more and bring Teira to the earth dungeon for some extra dialogue.
So that's why we actually always supplied with Elixir even though Atreyan doesn't have any magic skills initially!!!

My God, i should have expected this.. :p
You totally got me Sierra.
This, IS a good game. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

oh no, i mean what kind of sex scenes does it have since i don't see a cg sample
but then i just realized that its you Sierra, so its text scenes right?
That's correct, though the plan is to add illustrated scenes in time.

So I went through it again this time trying a different angle in breaking the game and found some interesting ways to mess with the things, just figured I'd share the tale of oddities I found in doing so.
Anything done by intentionally jumping over events is done at your own risk. In case people do it accidentally, though, I've padded the event that removes Amiel from the party.

So that's why we actually always supplied with Elixir even though Atreyan doesn't have any magic skills initially!!!

My God, i should have expected this.. :p
You totally got me Sierra.
This, IS a good game. :cool:
I'm glad you enjoyed it in the end.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anything done by intentionally jumping over events is done at your own risk. In case people do it accidentally, though, I've padded the event that removes Amiel from the party.
It's pretty much just a method of testing by trying my damnedest to break things even when it'd never normally happen or seems innocent it allows you to track down vulnerabilities in the rest of the sequences. That said, the game actually holds up really damn well to attempts at breaking it, especially considering the way it's set up and the rather... 'volatile' feature of jumping around.

Most of the time you won't find something that's worthwhile to fix and it's purely entertaining to see how quirky things can get (it's also what makes watching speedruns so entertaining to me) and other times being so thorough might reveal an accident waiting to happen.

possible story spoilers ahead;
I did also find some minor things while messing around, last time going through I awoke Amiel last and never did the castle sequence afterward, but doing the castle after awakening Amiel gives you Amiel's ring (instead of the fairy ring you normally get) and after resetting she'll still have her own (second) ring as well, I was also able to obtain multiple sets of enchanted boots by repeating the fairy scene.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

There is a new version of the game uploaded - notably, this version includes a prologue that didn't exist in any previous version of the game. The people who were kind enough to give this game a try were consistent in saying that the game didn't give away its true nature fast enough. Accordingly, I have changed the synopsis and added the prologue, which I hope will interest the people who would actually like this game.

possible story spoilers ahead;
I did also find some minor things while messing around, last time going through I awoke Amiel last and never did the castle sequence afterward, but doing the castle after awakening Amiel gives you Amiel's ring (instead of the fairy ring you normally get) and after resetting she'll still have her own (second) ring as well, I was also able to obtain multiple sets of enchanted boots by repeating the fairy scene.
I intended players to be able to get two copies of the ring, but the boots are a bug. I'll have to fix that next version.

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I recognize im pretty bad at this, its my 3 cycle and i have looked for the tips that there are posted here but i havent even see a fuckig H-scene. The game its cool, of course, i liked so much the skin of the characters, but man im a little tired with it and not getting any H-scene I guess i can be losing something cause i dont get it for my bad english or something, but really i wanna se the H-content and im tired of do something like the other time triying to "Break the patern". If someone was a gentleman and share a save game to at least see something i will be very gratefull.

PD: As ever, sorry for my bad english

PDD: I sayed it before, but again, i liked the game pretty much im just a little tired to not getting nothing =(

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I recognize im pretty bad at this, its my 3 cycle and i have looked for the tips that there are posted here but i havent even see a fuckig H-scene. The game its cool, of course, i liked so much the skin of the characters, but man im a little tired with it and not getting any H-scene I guess i can be losing something cause i dont get it for my bad english or something, but really i wanna se the H-content and im tired of do something like the other time triying to "Break the patern". If someone was a gentleman and share a save game to at least see something i will be very gratefull.

PD: As ever, sorry for my bad english

PDD: I sayed it before, but again, i liked the game pretty much im just a little tired to not getting nothing =(
My good man, you got the very same problem with me!

But fortunately i already managed to finish the game and getting all the Sex Texts.

Here's a very good advice from our dear friend censuur:

All the Sex Texts:
1. Amiel, awaken her, talk about relationship with her, talk with important NPC's in town with her in party, finish a cycle with her awakened, talk about relationship with her again.
2. Teira, awaken her, talk about relationship with her, talk with important NPC's in town with her in party, finish a cycle with her awakened, talk about relationship with her again.
3. Emantha, awaken her, talk about relationship with her, talk with important NPC's in town with her in party, finish a cycle with her awakened, talk about relationship with her again.
4. Fairy, requirement: Awakened Amiel and Not yet having Grate-Removing Horn.
5. Viliana, finish new cycle Ice Dungeon with Grate-Removing Horn in possession.
6. True Ending.

Last edited:

Scherzo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm currently starting this game, and I'm still on the first cycle.

To be honest, I gotta say these battles are a slog. They're boring and slow. I'd kill for a fast forward button. Everything dies in one or two hits if I'm lucky enough not to have half my attacks miss but the turns cycle slowly so I'm just mashing through the attack button.

If you continue to tweak this game you might want to implement a battle fast-forward script if one exists for MV. (I know I've played VX ace game with one) or even a simple action combat system for the trash mobs. There are no battle rewards so battle just feel like an annoying waste of time, and they're actually pretty hard to avoid because the enemies collide very easily.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm currently starting this game, and I'm still on the first cycle.

To be honest, I gotta say these battles are a slog. They're boring and slow. I'd kill for a fast forward button. Everything dies in one or two hits if I'm lucky enough not to have half my attacks miss but the turns cycle slowly so I'm just mashing through the attack button.

If you continue to tweak this game you might want to implement a battle fast-forward script if one exists for MV. (I know I've played VX ace game with one) or even a simple action combat system for the trash mobs. There are no battle rewards so battle just feel like an annoying waste of time, and they're actually pretty hard to avoid because the enemies collide very easily.
I would love to have animation skip/fast forward feature in battle.

Actually, VXAce already kinda semi-has it since you can fast forward delays in battle if you hold shift. I'm surprised to see this feature is non-existent in MV.

Well, for all the mobs tho, i just keep escaping, cuz you technically didn't get anything defeating them anyway. :D