What's new

Ouroboros

Deathwings

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Ouroboros

Well, after deleting the game and then redecompiling the rar file for the third time, the problem's gone. I have no clue what the fuck was wrong. :confused:

Well, thanks for replying so promptly at least. :)

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well, after deleting the game and then redecompiling the rar file for the third time, the problem's gone. I have no clue what the fuck was wrong. :confused:

Well, thanks for replying so promptly at least. :)
That's a better explanation than something being deeply wrong with the game! If anyone else experiences anything like that, I guess they can try this.

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looks like there's a chest in the "enlightment area" south of the scythe boss. Anyone know if it's reachable?

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

I am completely stumped.. I have went through the rebirth by myself, and than with all 3 girls and completed them all.. Than I went and got all my essences and re-geared up but when I try to go through the door at the top it keeps saying I have to destroy the defensive mechanism? WTF? This makes no sense.

Last edited:
OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am completely stumped.. I have went through the rebirth by myself, and than with all 3 girls and completed them all.. Than I went and got all my essences and re-geared up but when I try to go through the door at the top it keeps saying I have to destroy the defensive mechanism? WTF? This makes no sense.
The defensive mechanism is the final dungeon you enter from the flame brazier (the one that gives you equipment, in the cave with the skull motif). You can do it and reach the ending with your fully geared party, so no worries.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is it intended that the shadow-potions can't be used out-of-combat?

I think it's because they revive in addition to healing and restoring mana, but... Well. I didn't realize till I did the MC's rebirth quest. Got the armour from the shrine-thing, but went into the battle after it with one-hp, since I couldn't potion-up before the battle.

No idea if there's any extra bonus for winning the fight against that last security system, since you can't go back in and try again after getting the armour and dying.

ah well.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is there any way to... uh... discretely purchase this game?

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Is it intended that the shadow-potions can't be used out-of-combat?

I think it's because they revive in addition to healing and restoring mana, but... Well. I didn't realize till I did the MC's rebirth quest. Got the armour from the shrine-thing, but went into the battle after it with one-hp, since I couldn't potion-up before the battle.

No idea if there's any extra bonus for winning the fight against that last security system, since you can't go back in and try again after getting the armour and dying.

ah well.
Yeah, I was thinking of them as a revive. Anyway, there's no additional reward - the game was meant to reset and take away the armor if you lost the final battle, but earlier versions were bugged in this regard. At least, I hope you're playing an earlier version for that part?

Is there any way to... uh... discretely purchase this game?
What aspect of discretion is most important to you? If you buy on itch.io, for example, it will just show up on your credit card as a game purchase like any other. If you want to avoid purchasing anything specific, you could also pledge to my Patreon and I'll send it to you.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I was thinking of them as a revive. Anyway, there's no additional reward - the game was meant to reset and take away the armor if you lost the final battle, but earlier versions were bugged in this regard. At least, I hope you're playing an earlier version for that part?
Didn't look like a bug. I'm pretty sure after he dies he says something like "Well, I got what i wanted from it so it doesn't matter anyway."

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Didn't look like a bug. I'm pretty sure after he dies he says something like "Well, I got what i wanted from it so it doesn't matter anyway."
Were you playing on one of the patron-only beta versions? I had it set up that way earlier, but looking at the 2.0 files, that text no longer exists in the game. If you did get that outcome in version 2.0, then there's some very weird bug, I'd guess an old version of the event that I'm missing somehow.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Were you playing on one of the patron-only beta versions? I had it set up that way earlier, but looking at the 2.0 files, that text no longer exists in the game. If you did get that outcome in version 2.0, then there's some very weird bug, I'd guess an old version of the event that I'm missing somehow.
Ouroboros 2.0 beta v6, is the version I'm using.

Pretty sure you sent it to me in a patreon message when I volunteered to do bugsweeps. You told me i was too late, but since I'd been a patron for a while (or something to that effect) you'd send me an early version anyway.

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ouroboros 2.0 beta v6, is the version I'm using.

Pretty sure you sent it to me in a patreon message when I volunteered to do bugsweeps. You told me i was too late, but since I'd been a patron for a while (or something to that effect) you'd send me an early version anyway.
Yeah, that explains it. The versions I sent out via messages were basically identical to the final commercial version, but there were a few bugfixes and gameplay tweaks. The Atreyan-only cycle was one of those.

If you want the final version, just message me on Patreon. You've seen all the meaningful content it has, but if you want it for your collection or something. ^-^

OP
Sierra Lee

Sierra Lee

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Alright, everybody, this side project is finally up in all stores! It took a long time, between exclusive deals and delays from certain stores. You can now find it on all of the following sites:

You can also get it via Patreon. If you're an old or long time patron, just message me for a free copy! ^-^ But you can also use it as a store by giving me a temporary pledge, if you'd rather support directly instead of using one of the above stores.

While I might do a bit more promotion of this game at a point when I have more energy, for now I'm considering it signed and sealed. I'm glad so many people have enjoyed it!

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Got a gift credit card for Christmas so I could finally buy the game without any kind of paper trail!