What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

BETMARK

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sex MUGEN 2.0

Except for changing and adding sprites, I'm pretty dumb.
Ok, I can also change the graphic stuff, like background, sizes and positions, but I'm sure that's something everybody already know.

The only thing I could show (since I got it after years, so maybe it's not so 'easy' to learn for an amateur) is how I change the palettes and how I make big portraits with more shades and as many colors as possible (I also had a hard time, Learning a fast way to set the background/invisible color for the sprites).

So... maybe just those few tips. For everything else, I'm sure there are a lot of people more skilled and with a better english than mine.

-BETMARK-

Unrelated PS: ... why am I tagged as 'Jungle Girl'?

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I've finally found the MUGEN thread here on Ulmf so I can finally ask and enquire about a few things since I am sure some people here are experienced in the programs that are involved within making adult MUGEN games for people to play and enjoy but that makes people interested in wanting to do something them self with Mugen which is why I am posting this.

I want to ask a few basics which people could probably easily cover here, which then could be added onto the first post for those who want to look for help.

Introduction

It would be super useful if there could be a short introduction which explains to the newcomers here how and what to download to begin playing an adult Mugen game, explaining the way of the controls somewhat for male/female characters, depending on which game it is.

Creation/Editing

I'm sure after a lot of us here experienced Mugen, quite a handful may have been motivated enough to want to try something out themselves, whether it be small edits or a new game itself, a few things such as:

Creating A Character
How to add a new male/female within a game correctly.

Editing A Character
How to change the appearance of a character to look like someone completely different.

Changing The Stage Art
How to either create a new background for a stage or edit an existing one.

You get the idea, it would be important to recommend the programs to use aswell to save the hassle of long searches.

I will try to think of something more after, but I am not demanding, I just find it would help a load of people who come here for advice on Adult Mugen since it is the new main thread and having everything together would be efficient since we started fresh.
Been involved with H-mugen for years now (personally editing, accumulating, and modding characters), and TBH, you're asking for quite a valuable resource here--information and knowledge. I respect that, and as much as I'd love that idea to be promulgated, it's going to be extremely hard to pool all of our knowledge. I know you're new here, but you're definitely not the first to ask about this. Most of the people who would know stuff or be willing to help just aren't completely active on the forums now. Mugenhti and Judael would be the ones I'd suggest trying to start this, among a few others. NeoSeraphim would've been my choice, but he's gone MIA. If someone wanted to ping Gettag and MSL via Tumblr/their blogs, and drag them here, they'd be valuable teachers. And of course, it's probably best that the OP be involved to update the main post of this thread.

However, we all know different things and nobody necessarily has a comprehensive background for mugen, since it's not especially a thriving community (even for non-H) as an archaic gaming platform, and H-mugen is especially rare, ESPECIALLY in English, just because most people who know mugen frown upon H-mugen. Furthermore, we all have our own lives and we're all super busy with other things, so this request is akin to asking for a full translation of something (if any of you are like me, seeing a translation for a game you want on these forums is a unicorn). Other H-mugen experts are simply unwilling to help or share characters (mugenero). Many of the best have given up or moved on to other projects. And the rest (the majority) aren't English speakers and difficult to find. Lastly, the undertaking of even a basic compilation of H-mugen material is huge and not many have the time, energy, or desire to do so for free. Again, not saying it's not impossible nor not important, but it's much, much easier said than done.

Therefore, at least with my understanding and experience, it's best just to gather little tidbits of how-to from this thread by asking specific questions. Also, in my experience, I was never taught, but learned very slowly through lots of trial and error (likely not what you're hoping for or want to hear). Much of what you're requesting can be gleaned from learning the basics of mugen from external sites (walk before you can crawl, if you will). I'd start there first, before going further.

I'm more than happy to share what I know (in terms of H-mugen learning materials and general H-mugen knowledge), and I'm glad you're requesting this rather than the generic "give me ___ character", but I'm no expert, and I think this may require much more attention, focus, and community-based collaboration than you'd think.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Thanks for your feedback guys, I suppose if we check out the main Mugen website, we can slowly learn it step by step ourselves since edits can be made in FF3 and such, I also wanted to note if theres a more efficient.

I wanted to point out that this:

Another link with characters. This one has image previews, complete details on compatibility, and version dates.

The link included is no longer valid and a MEGA link for BETMARK's game may be more efficient and quicker to download.
Yes, that's fine. Keep in mind, of course, that mastering mugen itself is a little different from mastering H-mugen. The concepts are the same, but the help you might request or receive are going to be a bit different. And of course, as I said before, learning mugen is NOT a quick or easy process.

As for link with characters, this is probably the other most difficult aspect of H-mugen, other than finding knowledge/info or people who know how to do it. Character databases are few and far between and any repositories of H-mugen chars are very, very hard to find. Judael took down RMBD, which IMO was the best. The Spanish forum from long ago suffered terrible decisions by the admins and hosts to privatize it and is now defunct. Most other sites are abandoned, including Betmark's (god bless his soul, he tried).

Not only that, but when you get more advanced into H-mugen, the characters you might want (in terms of the latest character versions or H-compatibility) become more scarce, which is why I encourage people to start editing on their own. For example, Betmark's site was incredibly organized, but also incredibly outdated and poor in character quality; he knew that and he tried (on this forum) to improve, but it's almost impossible to find characters or people willing to share. Therefore, for beginners, you can probably find basic or outdated H-characters if you google hard enough, but for experienced users, you need to do it yourself eventually.

For such links, most of them are 4shared accounts that people warehouse (Alf's 4Shared account is probably the best one currently available), as well as other Japanese uploading sites. The Ryona mugen uploader is the best way to get up-to-date or new characters. And the ryona sakura (formerly hinanjo) site occasionally updates with whatever modders are working on. I'm subscribed to Gettag and MSL's tumblrs to see what they're doing, but make no mistake, those aren't repositories.

Anyway, not sure if that helps (I don't think you even asked a question), but it's just some background information since you're new here.

EDIT: Oh hey, Betmark, didn't even see that you replied. Thought you died off or something. Good to see you're still alive, but wondering what happened to your site. I know you were never the most advanced H-mugen person around, but I do appreciate all you did and tried to do. :) Also, those skills you've listed are about where my level is too--no need to be ashamed or anything if you are, and that's more than most who come in here know how to do. Your status/role is linked to your number of posts. 'Jungle Girl' is newbie status.

Last edited:

BETMARK

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

...Most other sites are abandoned, including Betmark's (god bless his soul, he tried)...
XD wait wait wait! I'm not dead yet! My site is still alive and updated... just not online.
As I said, I got some issues with my old hosting and I chose to abandon it, when the year fee expired.
I'm actually looking for a better one (and I'm hoping for good feedbacks or suggestions).
Even if in this moment I'm using my free time for different forms of art, I'm still updating my QoL (50% of the characters just need the Big Portrait, since I chose to replace the old 'Heart-shaped' one), but that aside, I'm still working on it.
Also, this is the most intense time of the year, for my real job. I will probably be free once again from October.

By the way, this is the site where I find the most of the characters, right now.

Download them all in hurry, because it's too good to be true and I'm afraid they'll be removed soon or later (it usually happens like this).

-BETMARK, the Jungle Girl-

Last edited:

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

XD wait wait wait! I'm not dead yet! My site is still alive and updated... just not online.
As I said, I got some issues with my old hosting and I chose to abandon it, when the year fee expired.
I'm actually looking for a better one (and I'm hoping for good feedbacks or suggestions).
Even if in this moment I'm using my free time for different forms of art, I'm still updating my QoL (50% of the characters just need the Big Portrait, since I chose to replace the old 'Heart-shaped' one), but that aside, I'm still working on it.
Also, this is the most intense time of the year, for my real job. I will probably be free once again from October.

-BETMARK, the Jungle Girl-
Yeah, I edited my post earlier today. Glad to see you're back, even if not really. :p

Some advice: You may want to slim down your characters to include only the ones which are more H-compatible, and borrow characters from Judael. Browse around repositories and check out Alf's 4Shared account, as that user has tons of characters but organized in a visually appealing way (like your site once did). As I've said countless times, I like what you're trying to do and I like your organization and structure, but my problem with your site is that it's just not the greatest quality of characters nor the most up-to-date.

Shana Fenix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Wow... just wanted to check on the japanese uploader only to find that the page seems offline, as well as their current imageboard. What the hell is even happening? Are they being taken down? Are they relocating? Are they shutting off outsiders now completely?
If anyone got any news regarding this, do let me know. I'd be very sad to lose my only half-reliable source of MUGEN stuff I have left.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Wow... just wanted to check on the japanese uploader only to find that the page seems offline, as well as their current imageboard. What the hell is even happening? Are they being taken down? Are they relocating? Are they shutting off outsiders now completely?
If anyone got any news regarding this, do let me know. I'd be very sad to lose my only half-reliable source of MUGEN stuff I have left.
The uploader was down for a bit, but looks okay now.

As for the imageboard, it's been down for a bit. It's been that way since it got spammed (yet again) by bots posting on popular threads with ad links. My guess is either they're taking it down to cleanse it or they're removing it entirely and setting up another one (like they did last time). The latter would suck, of course.

Ferris

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

They are making a new imageboard on the server with anti-spam features.

Way after edit: Link is below, but atm I can only access it using a JP proxy. It's just a transfer of all the posts from the old board, with maybe 1 or 2 posts being made after the transfer.

ttp://mugenryona.sakura.ne.jp/imgbbs2/

Last edited:

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone know what version of kuromaru the the air and sff files in the 1591 zip on the ryona uploader belongs to? I think i saw some kind of kuromaru version on the uploader earlier, but it got removed before i could look any closer at it/download it.

Jessica Smoke

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

seems betmark site is gone...
I am working in a new Jessica and Claudia version with some more new moves and more compatibility with Murakami Mob and Kuromaru...

OP
OnyxShadow

OnyxShadow

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

seems betmark site is gone...
I'll give it a while in case the situation is temporary. If it doesn't come back in a month or so I'll remove it from the OP.

BETMARK

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'll give it a while in case the situation is temporary. If it doesn't come back in a month or so I'll remove it from the OP.
The name 'betmark.it' is still free, so I can take it back, when I'll find a new hosting, but I think it's better to remove the link, for the moment, so people will not be fooled.

I'm sorry, I still haven't find one that let me upload files as big as a huge character (I don't want to use hosting external sites for the characters anymore and split them in parts is boring for the guests).

logan.scodini

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, I didn't know such a game existed. That is great... downloading with anticipation.

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

After many tries and headaches I,ve finally managed to run (streamed) qofr on vita.
It runs perfectly but the greatest thing is that every low res character looks like an hd character due to the awesome vita screen.

The video doesn't do justice on how great it looks

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v9.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=nd3c3s&s=9"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://it.tinypic.com/player.php?v=nd3c3s&s=9">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

My life is now complete

Last edited:

dumb666

Reputation score

Trying to track down the clothed Mai Shiranui (CVS Style) who is compatible with Minotaur and Kuro. Does a crawl animation etc. Easy to google (not enough privileges to post links yet). But there are so many it is ridiculous.

Any ideas?

harems

Demon Girl
Reputation score

where can i find this version of kuromaru ?

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score

After many tries and headaches I,ve finally managed to run (streamed) qofr on vita.
It runs perfectly but the greatest thing is that every low res character looks like an hd character due to the awesome vita screen.

The video doesn't do justice on how great it looks

<embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v9.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=nd3c3s&s=9"><br><font size="1"><a href="http://it.tinypic.com/player.php?v=nd3c3s&s=9">Original Video</a> - More videos at <a href="http://tinypic.com">TinyPic</a></font>

My life is now complete
Would you happen to have a tutorial handy as to how to accomplish this? I would appreciate it greatly and it give me a much needed reason to dust off my vita once again.

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Would you happen to have a tutorial handy as to how to accomplish this? I would appreciate it greatly and it give me a much needed reason to dust off my vita once again.
You need a lots of tools but to sum up:

- Henkaku 3.60 vita
- Ge force graphic card (600 or above) with geforce experience installed (i have the beta 3.2)
- Moonlight alpha 3
- a good wifi connection
- Xpadder 5.7 for win 7

The biggest problem is that the (emulated) nvidia shield isn't recognized as an hardware device so you need a tool that can keybind the emulated shield controller. After tried xbox360ce, ppjoy vjjoy joy2key ecc... with no success, i found a way with xpadder. The good thing is that in this way you can even play unity games that use Rawinput instead of the classic xinput.

Then use this trick to play any games that supports a keyboard:

You need to do this process only the first time

First time Run moonlight from your VITA
press x and pair the device with GFE, then press circle, steam BP will Start.
Close moonlight on VITA. - DO NOT CLOSE THE STREAMING ON YOUR DESKTOP-.

On your machine press alt+tab and open any folder you want
Run Xpadder and left it open on the screen.
Restart Moonlight.
Now the fake shield controller should be recognized to xpadder.
Keybind the buttons you want and save the xpadder configuration.
Run any game you want from your machine.
Done

RMDB

Last edited: