What's new

B

bleahblah

Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

@Kuzno12: Most of the game will be more mainstream. I don't have all the fetishes lined up, but I highly doubt you will see vore. There will be some more humanoid monsters that can mess with Aylia during battles, so perhaps some beastiality. Pregnancy is unlikely as Aylia is infertile (a result of the Great War).

@RanneRo: Bogwort is more a harmless, perverted goblin. That becomes quickly apparent when the battles are in place and he hides behind Aylia :D. He is mischievous as hell though and is always trying to get Aylia (and every other woman) naked. Now Aylia, on the other hand, can become quite a badass if the player makes certain choices throughout the game.

Glad you both like the game! I am truly humbled by the response so far. I was worried the text-heavy approach might push some people away.

P.S. If anyone here is supporting me, please check the Patreon page. I hit my first real milestone. So, thank you all!

What about egg laying tentacles?

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Great Job on the writing so far. I would not even bother if there was only real H in the late game and she just keeps getting harassed and molested by everyone like Dirk, just because her reactions are hilarious.

There were two minor Typos I noticed, once when you get the last letter of the dead miner, when the second guy said he split up the letter "so that the if one of us survives" And in the clothing shop when she tells me I am just a couple of ears "you're ears" degrading me in another way then bogwarts who just sees a bunch of tits...
Also, while the Art Style is very nice, the shapeshifting panties bugged me.
In the first CG the part between that that showed the skin on the sides was gigantic, in the second it seemed like they were normal panties without holes at the sides and in the third she had small holes in the sides of her panties.
I am also Interested in what you expect from the battle system. A standard RPG Maker Battle System with molestation scenes/H-Attacks or something dedicated like in Enokifus game?

Also: Does anyone know if Prepaid Visa-Creditcards work with Patreon?

RanneRo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I want to show some supports to you but donating seems impossible for me, so I did a drawing for the main character Aylia (in my style) :D

I did make her wearing modern clothes by mistake, sorry, hope you like it :D

Attachments

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Whew, lots of replies. All this positive feedback has really pushed me to work on the game even more :). Thanks!

@Kingalaric: Yea, Dirk seems to be missed by a few people. That drunk bum! Maybe he should make himself more accessible. Also, if you didn't the first time, I would recommend talking to Dirk before you get the peasant dress... that's all I can say on that matter :D

@bleahblah: There are monsters that have tentacles, and they do use those tentacles for bad things. As it stands, they are not "egg laying" tentacles.

@Torgent: Ahh, the panty dilemma. The artwork for Aylia has gone through a number of transitions, and I was never quite happy with her panties. I kept changing them with each new drawing. Eventually, I am going to decide on a specific style and go back and quickly fix the older drawings. So, in the final version, the panties will be more consistent ;).

@RanneRo: Thanks for the artwork! I love it. I've saved the picture and you'll probably see it again at some point!

@Krisslanza: Thanks for the pledge! I really appreciate it. Don't forget to vote on the first content poll :D. I'm also glad you liked the little side events. I had fun writing some of those. I am laughing half the time I am writing Bogwort's stuff. He is just such a mischievous bastard, I love it.

@Clades: I received the PM. I'm hoping to get the last HUD stuff in place tonight, and I'll send you over the test project so you can look and see if it is something you might want to try and tackle. Thanks!

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aylia the COMMANDO! Panties are for the weak! :D

Just curious will you impliment text skipping? Thats one thing that drives me nuts is all these games with tons of text and its a huge damper on replaying them when i have to break my finger mashing buttons lol

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aylia the COMMANDO! Panties are for the weak! :D

Just curious will you impliment text skipping? Thats one thing that drives me nuts is all these games with tons of text and its a huge damper on replaying them when i have to break my finger mashing buttons lol
Yes, text skipping is already in the game, as is a hide the message window function. Did you listen to Bogwort when he was explaining this at the beginning? He specifically told you to never text skip when he is speaking :D

All joking aside. I want to remove unnecessary grinding and unnecessary time wasting. So features like text skip were a priority when I was creating the foundation for the game. Please let me know if you come across anything else annoying.

CrazyPerson

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

My set of questions about the patreon, apologies if some of these have been answered already:

- How frequent are updates planned effectively? My rule of thumb for patreon is "Take monthly contribution *12, would you pay that to get the reward tier for a year?", which breaks down a bit under per-update schemes that don't have a consistent schedule.
- The $10 tier lists "beta access to game chapters as they are released", other tiers have "new information on releases". Does this mean [only] $10 tier gets 4 updates (plus bugfixes) for $40 total? After that, does the full game get released publicly, or only to lower-tier patrons (which?)

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My set of questions about the patreon, apologies if some of these have been answered already:

- How frequent are updates planned effectively? My rule of thumb for patreon is "Take monthly contribution *12, would you pay that to get the reward tier for a year?", which breaks down a bit under per-update schemes that don't have a consistent schedule.
- The $10 tier lists "beta access to game chapters as they are released", other tiers have "new information on releases". Does this mean [only] $10 tier gets 4 updates (plus bugfixes) for $40 total? After that, does the full game get released publicly, or only to lower-tier patrons (which?)
Good questions. Paid updates are for complete chapter releases. I will always let people know beforehand how many chapters a game will have. Aylia's Story has 5 chapters, and only 4 of them will be paid updates. So, between now and the release, you would not pledge more than 4 times.

Chapters will have a good amount of content. Meaning, I highly doubt there would be more than 1 pledge a month. I expect the first pledge to be sometime in March (chapter 2).

The $10 and above tiers will get access to the release of chapter 2, 3, 4, and 5 during beta phases. I am releasing the full game publicly and free, so even if you don't pledge, come release time, you can still play it. Additionally, pledgers can vote on upcoming content (first vote just went up yesterday) and other rewards (like getting selected for an NPC in the game). I've posted information on these on Patreon, you can pledge $1 and see the activity log.

Really, I don't want people to feel obligated to pledge anything. If you like the game and want to support it, great. If you don't, that is fine too. I still will appreciate your feedback. I am trying to make things like voting on game content and adding NPCs fun, so that people who do contribute, get a little something extra out of it. I am also trying to make this entire thing as transparent as possible. I never want people pledging and wondering what they paid for. You should always know up front what is going on, and if you don't, send me a message. :D

Thanks for the questions and your consideration!

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

@Krisslanza: Thanks for the pledge! I really appreciate it. Don't forget to vote on the first content poll :D. I'm also glad you liked the little side events. I had fun writing some of those. I am laughing half the time I am writing Bogwort's stuff. He is just such a mischievous bastard, I love it.
It really adds some fun to it. Embric kinda spoiled me, and when I was tinkering with RPGMaker myself for a bit (for an H-game...) I wanted to make every bit of the environment have some kind of reaction from the protag. Just because.

And yeah Bogwort's dialogue is pretty amusing. I just kind of like Aylia too, because she's not like... really, well, slutty I guess? She's totally not cool with it, and it's kind of fun in its own way.

Though this also means, inevitably, it'll make corrupting her utterly all the more fun for some.

Saan0

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I most say, I'm mouth open with your game, good sir. You see, I think your game Is the best game there is released in English, I think this has soo much potential, And If you may let me give you a sugestion, since some people already told you to get some things from the scale garden games, I think you should do something that many games dont do, which is putting the Ecchi Factor and by that I'm saying for example using the 'C' To make her crawl just like in Scale garden and while you do that Bogwort's could sometimes do some nasty thing. I think having some H-scenes like panty pulling or something like that not only focus on the Sex that would be sooo awesome. Again Its a nice and AWesome work you have here, and I wish you the best. And Thank you very much for all of it.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And yeah Bogwort's dialogue is pretty amusing. I just kind of like Aylia too, because she's not like... really, well, slutty I guess? She's totally not cool with it, and it's kind of fun in its own way.

Though this also means, inevitably, it'll make corrupting her utterly all the more fun for some.
Yes, the corruption will be glorious! :D And none of this insta-slut business either. I'm not a fan of games where once you hit a certain variable level, suddenly the main character is a total slut. I'm aiming for the corruption path in this game to be slow and steady. Of course, I also want to give the option to keep her relatively "pure" as well. Kind of like Virgin Island, but, I don't want to punish the player for having sex (hated that you lost your virgin skills in Virgin Island). Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off, but damned if I'm not going to try :)

@Saan0: There will be some "ecchi factor" for sure. In fact, I would say you have ecchi in the prologue already (all those peeking scenes, etc.). I don't plan on adding crawling feature like Scale Garden's recent game, but that might be something to consider down the line (thanks for the suggestion). I've already set some pretty big goals for this game, so I need to keep it doable. The battle stuff is giving me enough of a headache without trying to add other scripts.

Anyways, back to work. Must. get. Chapter 1. done. ;)

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, the corruption will be glorious! :D And none of this insta-slut business either. I'm not a fan of games where once you hit a certain variable level, suddenly the main character is a total slut. I'm aiming for the corruption path in this game to be slow and steady. Of course, I also want to give the option to keep her relatively "pure" as well. Kind of like Virgin Island, but, I don't want to punish the player for having sex (hated that you lost your virgin skills in Virgin Island). Not sure if I'll be able to pull it off, but damned if I'm not going to try :)

@Saan0: There will be some "ecchi factor" for sure. In fact, I would say you have ecchi in the prologue already (all those peeking scenes, etc.). I don't plan on adding crawling feature like Scale Garden's recent game, but that might be something to consider down the line (thanks for the suggestion). I've already set some pretty big goals for this game, so I need to keep it doable. The battle stuff is giving me enough of a headache without trying to add other scripts.

Virgin status in games is always kind of a tricky thing. I mean, on one hand, they're H-games so logically we do play them for some level of the hentai content... just how much really depends. It's a tricky line to toe I suppose... I think it really just boils down to how much the game offers. If it has a lot in addition to hentai, it's not like missing out on a lot of the H would detract from the game then.

But I guess this also confirms Aylia is still a virgin :p

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Virgin status in games is always kind of a tricky thing. I mean, on one hand, they're H-games so logically we do play them for some level of the hentai content... just how much really depends. It's a tricky line to toe I suppose... I think it really just boils down to how much the game offers. If it has a lot in addition to hentai, it's not like missing out on a lot of the H would detract from the game then.

But I guess this also confirms Aylia is still a virgin :p
All you have to do is add in some sort of way to reward the player for H as well. Like meeting a sort of hidden NPC who will teach you skills and what not that get better as you become more corrupt.

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I always thought the crawling in the ScGarden games made no sense gameplaywise. Maybe crawling like in terranigma would be fun, to evade guards or find special items.
The demo told me to come here for a preview of the battle system... Since they left you staying in the rain, are there any mock ups existing? Also, are they random battles or monsters on the map where you can actually evade them?

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I gotta say i'm rather impressed, with many things. You're writing is well done, I was actually rather compelled to listen to the side-stuff the goblin was talking about rather than just skipping it to find more H.

You're art is pretty great too, and i'm particularly interested in what kind of H we can expect to see? I know you said you probably wouldn't do vore/pregnancy ect and mentioned your enemies will be mostly humanoid? Have you thought about H scenes with less humanoid enemies?

I went ahead and pledged though, I look forward to seeing more from you~

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Krisslanza: It is a tricky line to follow in h-games, but that's where the rivals come into play. In some situations Aylia will avoid sexual situations, but that may leave the rivals vulnerable. :D

@Torgent: I'm aiming for the enemies to be visible on map. I have a script for this and I don't foresee implementing it as being any sort of problem. I think it is nice to be able to see the enemies as opposed to the completely random battles. Granted, I don't plan on putting actual enemy sprites on the map, just a visible representation that it is an enemy (again, similar to Virgin Island, among others).

@YllariusCroceus: Thanks for the positive feedback! Glad you found the dialogue enjoyable. As for the H, you can expect to see a variety of "standard" stuff (bjs, titjobs, sex, anal, etc.). I don't know what particular fetishes I will hit, but there will be some monster-related stuff. And, there are enemies that are not humanoid that will get in on the action.

Since a couple people have asked, here is a mock-up of the battle HUD I am working to get in place (And yes, I know the panties changed again, I think this may end up being the final "style" I go with).

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I think this may end up being the final "style" I go with).

for a pretty and pure eliandre, those are very sexy panties XD
pls have the alternate pure white as well (just kidding lewd clothes are best clothes)

and for the rival scenes, bogwort should be the one doing all the deflowering, bowgort rules (i know im annoying , but *bogwort rules*)

and about bogwort:if an enemy strips you, does bogwort get a power up horny skill? XD

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Is that supposed to be a dagger or was it intentionally a kunai from the start ? "Normal" sex scenes and humanoid monsters are the best IMO, slimes/tentacles/equines/others are too much for me to bear :p

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

^ Is that supposed to be a dagger or was it intentionally a kunai from the start ? "Normal" sex scenes and humanoid monsters are the best IMO, slimes/tentacles/equines/others are too much for me to bear :p
Actually that is the kind of "butter knife" they used to use after the great war.
Battle System looks solid. What is the 3 near bogworth supposed to mean? Is he a supporter and can be called 3 more times for support during the battle? Or can he support in 3 rounds again after being used up once?
I also like the panty designl. Even though it leaves to wonder why her pussy is so much on display when you see her panties in the other shots :p

Saan0

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have one question, Do you have some sort of place, Ex.: Blog, where people can see the progress, I dunno you could set something like that, put some adds on it and Get some money as well as keeping people informed of your progress. And one last question, How exactly does patreon work, never seen it before to be honest, I knew about it, but never seen it, so If you could give me a brief information about how pledging works would be really nice. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok sorry, I'm reading now your patreon website, Still just wanna know, is pledging something montly weekly or how does it work? Again never used either Patreon or Kickstarter so a bit clueless here.

Last edited: