What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

I haven't popped on since Sunday so I'm not sure if it'll be in the way, but it'll be 8x8 big. If the road is in the way I'll just redirect it around the tower so it's still there.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

This afternoon I may construct "metro central" under the lake (deep enough to avoid everyone shite as another test case.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Oh right... I forgot I was building the town hall over the lake... Haven't been on for a while. Could make the lower levels of that be the station as well. Other people can work on the town hall if they want. I'm not sure when I'll next be on Minecraft to work on it.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I was on the server a bit earlier, and it was rather laggy. It eventually kicked me off. Oni didn't seem to have any troubles though.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Oh right... I forgot I was building the town hall over the lake... Haven't been on for a while. Could make the lower levels of that be the station as well. Other people can work on the town hall if they want. I'm not sure when I'll next be on Minecraft to work on it.
Burr has his thing down there though. I started work on the stairwell for metro central over by the demo station (which I'm probably not going to use the design of.

I was on the server a bit earlier, and it was rather laggy. It eventually kicked me off. Oni didn't seem to have any troubles though.
It had it's moments, but cleared up while I was just on.

Edit: P.S. Maiko, can I get an overhead map of the town to help plot out the line. I did some underground survey work, but I also need to know where I'm going, not just what to avoid lol

Last edited:

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I'm willing to help Amp out on the tram stuff. I allready have most the track I own, as well as some donated by a few people who was on when I was building, plus I got a ton of cobble for basic construction and stations. Any more resources though will have to waits until I either start mining again or we get a good donation drive going.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Edit: P.S. Maiko, can I get an overhead map of the town to help plot out the line. I did some underground survey work, but I also need to know where I'm going, not just what to avoid lol
Well, there should be a map of town in one of the boxes by the exploration hut. Those work fine underground showing the aboveground topography. But for a more detailed one... I'll try to track down a mapping tool. No promises on that though.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Well, there should be a map of town in one of the boxes by the exploration hut. Those work fine underground showing the aboveground topography. But for a more detailed one... I'll try to track down a mapping tool. No promises on that though.
Cartographer G works really well, I've used it before tons of times, both SP and MP.

Yeah, I've seen those maps, will be good when actually building, not so much for planning though.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

For the surveying, google the x-ray texture pack. makes most blocks see-through, and will allow us to plan routes a lot easier. As for overall depth, i'd say around y=50, should get us under any lakes, but it isn't so deep that all but the biggest mining operations should go under it. For resources, I can donate a fair amount of iron, I've been using stone for the majority of my work, so I have collected two or three stacks of iron ore, i can donate most of that.

Sin: Still missing my schematics, but leave two or three cobble in a stack on the side closest to where the road ends up, that will let me know which way to orient once i do figure out if it's on a long side or a short side. Also, could always use help with the sand, lost gusto after the server rollback, when i lost three or four hours worth of work on it XD

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I'm at about -15 from the surface of the lake right now, was thinking of going about -15 more.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

That would bring it down to around y=35, which may run into more mining operations, but i guess it shouldn't bee too bad still.

In other news, it seems my minecraft no longer allows multiple windows to run since yesterday, so i now have to split my time between this server and my Friend's with the gnomish tower, so I may be on a fair bit less. I seem to be on all alone when I am, so I don't think many of you will care, but still, kinda sucks.

Also, i think you need a booster track every 16 blocks to maintain maximum speed, every four blocks if going uphill. downhill shouldn't need any, but i would test that first. if you decide to build the tracks diagonally, you should only need one every 24 blocks or so, since it's per cardinal direction, which is a cool thing I learned.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

That would bring it down to around y=35, which may run into more mining operations, but i guess it shouldn't bee too bad still.

In other news, it seems my minecraft no longer allows multiple windows to run since yesterday, so i now have to split my time between this server and my Friend's with the gnomish tower, so I may be on a fair bit less. I seem to be on all alone when I am, so I don't think many of you will care, but still, kinda sucks.

Also, i think you need a booster track every 16 blocks to maintain maximum speed, every four blocks if going uphill. downhill shouldn't need any, but i would test that first. if you decide to build the tracks diagonally, you should only need one every 24 blocks or so, since it's per cardinal direction, which is a cool thing I learned.
Last I remembered it was 4-6 ^^; guess it's been a bit since I used track.

Relatedly, me and Amp more or less are joining forces for the tram project. I set up a small chest for any track donations or anything useful. Main on the list I can think of is Redstone for torches, Minecart Track and Powered Track (perhaps Pressure Plate Track if we incorperate any major brake system or other redstone wizardry), Buttons, Levers, Cobblestone (According to Amp he said it was that or smoothstone for the tunnel floor), and wood, with odds and ends I'm sure we'll figure out as we go along.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Too lazy to paraprase, so I will direct you here, with specific attention to the Momentum and Optimal Use sections:

Turns out it's a bit longer than I thought, but every fourth block for an upwards slope was dead on the money at least.

we shouldnt need detector rails at all for waystations, just a futton at each one, assuming we don't have the waystation split off then rejoin the original track. each one does require a dip to function though, check out that gif they have mentioned in there. i figure we make two of those in opposite directions if we're making a two-way track.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Yes, I plan on using the detector rails for between station boosters. I have about 25 IIRC that Oni gave me, along with starting rails, so I think I'll be able to make a decent sized chunk of the first segment with current supplies, but they'll still run out fast.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Important update! (yes, it warrants a bump). The subway tracks are to be built at Y-30! The stairs to Metro Central are done and work on the first line (to be named at a later date) has begun. Two lines will intersect here, and as such, the second line is temporarily down at Y-25 at this point, but will be boosted back up to Y-30 for normal use.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sin: Still missing my schematics, but leave two or three cobble in a stack on the side closest to where the road ends up, that will let me know which way to orient once i do figure out if it's on a long side or a short side. Also, could always use help with the sand, lost gusto after the server rollback, when i lost three or four hours worth of work on it XD
the other thing I need to know is if your project is in the North East or not. Then I can start a proper excavation.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, uhh...

Can't remember the exact co-ordinates (at work), but it's somewhere around x=-100 and z±-3900, to wherever that works out to.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Okay, so Metro Central is build right next to a cave. We secured it and stuff, but I was wondering if there was a preference for closing it off or leaving it open, or perhaps making the walls out of glass there for a little view, seeing as I have a ton of the stuff laying around.

As of right now, the cave pretty much IS the exit from the lower platform in one direction, for reference. It'll probably crop up again though in other places.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Okay, so Metro Central is build right next to a cave. We secured it and stuff, but I was wondering if there was a preference for closing it off or leaving it open, or perhaps making the walls out of glass there for a little view, seeing as I have a ton of the stuff laying around.

As of right now, the cave pretty much IS the exit from the lower platform in one direction, for reference. It'll probably crop up again though in other places.
As long as it's not spawning more mobs/the track is above where most mobs can reach, I don't think we'll have that much problems. (Unless this is a different cave then the one we dug into earlier?)

EDIT: Allthough this question works well anyway, in case we run into more caves in the track's way. The biggest concern of course if the risk of lava on the construction path, but we won't see it until the station is well underway...

Last edited:

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

You could set up walls around it so it can become a training room for people.