What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

eventually, started the ribbing in that last water area of my square, need to go get more sand. also helping an IRL friend sort out his server issues right now.

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Not immediately, I meant 'whenever' as I'll soon be gone for a few weeks. There's about three or so sand-stacks in Maiko's 'free crap' chests, and I can toss some stacks to you if you wish.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

*shrugs* i need probably a couple thousand more blocks, and i built on the edge of a desert that i plan on flattening anyways, so no big deal. just takes time, is all.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

...What the motherfuck? Netherrack is apparently contagious to other stone, now. My whole project just got devoured by a whole five blocks of netherrack placed about to make pseudo-braziers. Not only that, it's randomly setting all nearby flammable blocks on fire, destroying probably a small-chest worth of wool floors - and several beds beyond that. It's also creating pigmen spawners everywhere, and the netherrack corruption has eaten its way through the largely-stone–based everything that I've built so far. Further, given the position of my project miles underground in the stone layers, it's going to continue slowly eating up all the stone on the map in every direction from where I placed it.

Something - like the lack of any mention in minecraft wiki, and me not having updated for ages - tells me this is not a feature of Minecraft itself, but the mod Maiko hinted at implementing.

Not Amused.

Is there any way to back out to a point at which I'm not fucked? Though this would of course mean backing out all the finishing touches I just put on the fort I had completed- one of which being the braziers that started it all - and anything anyone else had done in the same period.

Last edited:

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Something - like the lack of any mention in minecraft wiki, and me not having updated for ages - tells me this is not a feature of Minecraft itself, but the mod Maiko hinted at implementing.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

oh for the love of christ, my entire hermit shack is going to go up in flames, i'm about to lose everything, and the server won't let me log on. Dammit!

EDIT: Fuck it, i'm going to bed :(

Last edited:

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

oh for the love of christ, my entire hermit shack is going to go up in flames, i'm about to lose everything, and the server won't let me log on. Dammit!

EDIT: Fuck it, i'm going to bed
Either Maiko only implemented the mod part way through my placing the blocks, or you have nothing to worry about, Shrike; While I went to the Nether, the cobblestone doors near the ULMF portal were still in place, and Maiko's netherrack house-entrance wasn't eating the bridge to ULMF town, so I'm fairly sure it only effects newly placed netherrack blocks.

Doesn't help me any, of course…

EDIT: From Bart's link:

"With this new version the way the plugin checks which blocks should spread has changed, this makes it faster and causes less server lag, however the temporary downside is that any netherrack/mobspawner/soulsand that is placed before the curse zone has been activated will not register as part of the curse, this is also true if blocks are changed while the plugin is disabled. Working on a scanner command that updates the active curse blocks in an area."

Double Edit: From Bart's link, it seems that the creator has yet to include any way to reverse the netherrack back into the block it was previously, meaning the only way of restoring my project (and anything else that gets consumed) to a decent state is if Maiko was sensible enough to save the world before implementing the mod... with all the rollback fun that includes. (Not that the ability to return the blocks properly would save my trees or wool floors.)

Last edited:

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Double Edit: From Bart's link, it seems that the creator has yet to include any way to reverse the netherrack back into the block it was previously, meaning the only way of restoring my project (and anything else that gets consumed) to a decent state is if Maiko was sensible enough to save the world before implementing the mod... with all the rollback fun that includes. (Not that the ability to return the blocks properly would save my trees or wool floors.)
You can use seeds to turn a block of netherrack back into a normal block, but I don't think it always becomes the same type it used to be. And you'd have to do one block at a time while using protection blocks to stop the spread, so it would take a while to do...

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Shit... Sorry everyone. I wasn't thinking about other people placing netherstone. I was trying to do a whole event thing with the netherstone spreading the from egg I had mentioned before, and since it's far enough away I thought it would take some time to reach people's stuff which would give me time to tell people that you could stop it from spreading with Gold Blocks. However, when the terrain isn't loaded (ie: there's no one near it), the curse stops. I was going to unload the mod, but forgot about it, not thinking it was important because I wasn't placing any more netherstone. I did backup the world before putting the mod on, and I'll roll back there today and everyone who did any building or mining or anything I'll compensate with... something, I'm not sure how yet. Any suggestions for that I'm open to.

Once again, really sorry guys.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

You can use seeds to turn a block of netherrack back into a normal block, but I don't think it always becomes the same type it used to be. And you'd have to do one block at a time while using protection blocks to stop the spread, so it would take a while to do...
Whoops, should have been more specific; returning it to the same block it was before is what I was referring to. The buildings were made out of what was probably a small-chest worth of sandstone, and from what I can tell, the seeds usually return the ground to dirt when I usually need it to be smooth stone. Not to mention that I don't want random blocks of gold littering my project, so I would have to mine out the whole of the area above and below my project so that there is no netherrack to re-convert my buildings again. If there's no way to reverse the game to before the netherrack ate everything, there's no point in me trying to reclaim it - and I'm sure as hell not going to create the whole damn thing again, it was hard enough converting the map the first time, and I'd have to do it all over again since I didn't save the map I was using... Long story short, if Maiko can't admin-fix this back to normal, my project's dead. ...Unless someone else makes it, of course, though the likelihood of that is less than diamond ore being struck by lightning.

EDIT: Ah, well that's something at least. I'll have to see how many thousand blocks back on mining out my area I am, and how far from complete the fort is, then.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Ok, the server's rolled back to before I applied the mod. This was probably a day or so ago. I can't fix any things that have been built since then, but PM me or even post here the resources you use/lost in the rollback and I'll give you those, in addition to some other apology gift at some point.

Just tell me when you'll be on the server so I can give you the stuff.

Edit: Oh, also, I've disabled CurseLands. No more netherstone spreading.

Last edited:

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Bah, too bad the first time I logged on in weeks as yesterday and started a project x.x

On the bright side, fixes another concern of mine. If you die in the nether, it's hard to find your way back to our constructions there...

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I did lose a part of the wall I'm building, but I took all of the cobblestone out of your free stuff chests, so it's not that big of a loss.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I lost about 8 chests worth of wool I had been running around for 9 hours tracking down. Had half a double chest worth of each colour, as well as about 5 or so stacks of iron.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Eh, for my losses, I guess chock up 6 stacks of glass, 6 stacks of stone, two stacks of wood, and two of each iron tool. I had some minor crap around but I guess it's not that important.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Alright, I'm on the server now if people want to come on and get the stuff.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I've not been on the server in ages, ever since I had that bad lagstorm break my inventory open and lost it all. Probably should go back, at the very least to check on my shop ^^;

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, i read that your netherstone was spreading and setting shit on fire, when i realized i had a netherstone compass in my wooden house. Logged on, changes it to soul sand, logged back out. Bartnum posted his link, I freaked and tried to go back to remove it again, but it wouldn't let me log back on XD

Rollback works, i think the only thing i may have lost was about three hour's work mining-placing sand blocks. they should be back on the mountain again, so I'm not worried about it. Sorry for freaking out so much! *sheepyface*

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Yeah, i read that your netherstone was spreading and setting shit on fire, when i realized i had a netherstone compass in my wooden house. Logged on, changes it to soul sand, logged back out. Bartnum posted his link, I freaked and tried to go back to remove it again, but it wouldn't let me log back on XD

Rollback works, i think the only thing i may have lost was about three hour's work mining-placing sand blocks. they should be back on the mountain again, so I'm not worried about it. Sorry for freaking out so much! *sheepyface*
You'll be amused to know I started outside your house again... at night... with no one to turn off the traps... running was not particularly effective. (I tried to run to town, not through your traps)

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, the rollback has been kinder to me than I had been expecting. I don't have to mine out any of the area I already had before, at least, though I am down about five houses, the perimeter wall, a pond, and half a hill in my fort - those have now all been re-placed. Putting down twenty-something signs for a second time is going to be a bitch, though.

Through some miracle of technology, mcmmo's levels actually appear to have carried over despite the rollback - I had done a lot of wolf taming, getting myself up to level 18 while hunting sheep, and while the rollback is before I started sheep hunting myself, the levels are still there currently. It's both unexpected and heartening.

As for my losses, I've calculated that I'm approximately 258 wool blocks from finishing this fort, as it was before I nethered the place up. I had about 32 left over afterwards, putting things at a neat 300. I'm also down three stacks of plain wood logs, and half a stack of birch logs; I had logged the surface a decent deal to put down torches, letting me hunt sheep at night. This also led to a stack's worth of regular saplings. Hunting assorted non-sheep mobs that showed up in the meantime, I managed to get about a half-small-chest more raw chops than I currently have, and a stack more leather. I also managed to stumble onto 24 pumpkins while roaming about for the walking wool dispensers. ...There were presumably other things as well, a few ores mind off the surface here and there, a bit of string from spiders, a probably-quite-large quantity of mushrooms that I left to grow over my project instead of harvesting them as I did this time around... but none of them were memorable enough for me to say quite how much and of what I got.