What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server

Also, runecraft has been reenabled.

Lurker
Reputation score

I vote we add mod to the server.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

While I dont normally agree with you because, well, its you, I have to agree that we could do with this mod. Would mean I wouldn't have to dig up a metric fuckton of obsidian for my statues, and other people will be able to benefit from it too.

Lurker
Reputation score

I tried painting a block but I get kicked from the server with the message "Disconected by Server Internal server error".

I think it's reading the mod from my minecraft.jar... I just dropped a paint brush and I can't log in now cause everytime I do when the game attempts to pick it up I get DC'd. Someone be a dear and destroy it for me?

Last edited:
OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

It's probably because I havn't installed that mod yet. I've got only a few minutes before I have to run to school, but once I'm back, I'll apply it, and I think get rid of the wrapper, as I think that's what's causing the lag. This will get rid of the kits, chest locking and user levels, but if it'll speed the server up, they're worth getting rid of.

Lurker
Reputation score

K thanks Maiko sorry for being silly.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Ok, well, the choice is this: hey0 or Runecraft.
hey0 is an administrative mod that gives many capabilities, as well as enabling the paintbrush mod, which should work now.

At the moment, I can't be arsed to fiddle with hey0, but I'll work with it tomorrow and over the weekend. I'm just too tried right now and setting it up was aggrivating in the extreme.

Right now, hey0 is running and Runecraft is not. What happens in the future, is up to you guys.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

My vote goes for Runecraft.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Damn you minecraft bug for biting me, and damn my lack of pocketchange!

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Had a wierd dream... I was building a redstone circuit out of minetracks on the side of a sheer cliff... and it was working.

So I might as well mention one of my more ambitious (read: not likly to ever happen) ideas. A giant, redstone clock that keeps time built into the side of a cliff. I know we now have those little watches, but it would look cool.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I have returned to the server, and my house is almost complete :)

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Don't break the water tank near my house, its the collection for a working shower and toilet. To test, throw dirt in the toilet, come outside and watch the "poo" be deposited in the tank.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Ok... the results are in. With one vote for Runecraft and none for hey0, we're going back to Runecraft. Some of you may have noticed that you couldn't connect. A new patch came out that supposedly implemented pvp and mob health. Now you can kill those stupid chickens! It's possible to disable pvp, but by default, it's enabled. I'll turn it off if people ask me to.

Edit: Oh, and monsters spawn. That includes creepers. And you can die. (Monsters can also be disabled)

Last edited:

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Indeed! Whoever made the abandoned mines really made a mistake. I busted through a coal vein at the bottom, and found a massive cavern system. Got two stacks of coal and half a stack of iron, plus enough obs down there for 3-4 stacks, but unfortunately it has zombies in it if you go deep enough.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Was there a sign saying 'Abandoned Fort' or something like that with workstations outside it? If so that would be mine. I've since headed in some other direction, somewhere.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Sign said "Abandoned Mines, Take Anything You Want". The upper level is lined with wood and has a fireplace.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Is there stairs at the far end with a stone wall in front of it and a two high hole acting as an entrace to the stairs? I know mine was adorned with wood, but I cant remember a fireplace.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

There's a ton of stairs and and one cobblestone wall with a small door, and stairs going down to lava. It also has a small guard tower overlooking the entrance only accessable from inside. Oh, and some waterfalls inside, turned into fountains. Behind the massive structure at the end of the main road, I believe, but not sure.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Oh, thats not mine then. Mine was a pathetic set of stairs leading to a shitty corridor.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Oh dear god they're all arrow proof! My arrows bounce right off! >_<

As I'm sure we all predicted, the monsters are still excessively buggy. They can be killed, but you might just die 10 seconds latter after your apparent flawless victory. It might seem like they can't deal damage at first, but they can. Creepers will also silently blow holes in things. I'm currently on 1/2 a heart and stuck hiding in Nunu's farm with a dozen or so creepers and zombies trying to climb over the fence. I tried eating a good three cooked pork chops but to no avail. Decided to disconnect before my items were showered across the farm.

Whilst it seems a shame, I think we might need to turn the monsters off, unless we actually want to be forced to hide up for every night time.