What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server

I'm actually rarely on the server doing stuff, but I'm usually around pretty much any time between friday and monday, and infrequently on tues-thurs. If you need something rather urgently, and I'm not on, just send me a PM and I should get it pretty quickly. As for the nether materials, what I've done in the past is offered a 1:1 trade of saplings for netherstone or lightstone, and I'm willing to expand that to other unobtainable blocks as well, such as... well, with sheep sheering working properly, the only ones I can think of are slowsand and wierd stuff like sponges (note: Sponges don't have any effect at all, but if you need something yellow for a decoration, they work). I'll also offer other blocks as well on a 3:2 ratio (saplings:eek:thers).

The main reason I want saplings is to prevent people from leaving floating foliage when they chop wood. Think of it as something of a bounty for getting rid of unsightly leaves. Also, the winner of a chess piece building competition gets a full stack of a block type of their choice. Currently there's only two entries for the Rook piece... come on people, get creative.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

duely noted. and mostly want the lightstone to work on some underground growing/passive spawn areas mostly. As for the netherstone I'm more debating for a secondary dungeon to add to it, or as wall decor for the barracks section just in case town gets overan by creepers or some sheets.

For anyone curious about current construction, go southeast from the reed growing spot near the abandoned mines until ya hit Nunu's transit tunnel, if I'm there you'll probably see some biker dude muttering about stuff he hates in the vicinity as well.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Double Toast:

Urist McLurker has struck Daimonds!

The mineshaft I've began chipping my megar iron stores into have proven fruitful, as I have located 4 daimond blocks (and maybe more if that dirt has anything to add) Off the main shaft. I plan to start layermining the area and I'll mark the wall with a sign or two to point it out. Either way, the mining area in the Hall of the Mountain King is almost complete, the minecart depot, barracks, and farms will wait until I can get in touch with Maiko :3

And a few seconds later I got a small trickle of lava into the next area the stairs was gonna go. Time to look up how to divert lava flows x,x

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Eh, so how's the server going? I got my minecraft motivation back this week, now that classes are done. Using it to work on my single player map, though. Might have a save of it up by Christmas at this rate, the skyscraper is done and the gateroom in the nether is, as well as one hallway and a hub, the barracks are about half done, then I just need to make the airlock, workshop/lab, and then the command center, and the base will be ready for occupation, though not done with expansion.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

It's been pretty slow lately. So much so that I've been putting off applying the new update, so it's technically down right now. Since I've got nothing better to do though, I'll go update it. Still, I doubt Runecraft will work as Minecraft recieved an update today (it's now Beta!), so we'll see how it goes.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Here's that save, for anyone that's interested, if you're using World 1, just rename it to another number. There is of course a base on the "normal" side of the portal too. The room under contruction is the command center/office complex/AI core btw. Beyond that, down a hall I have security, the bathrooms, and the power core planned. There's also a little stub for a future hallway going off one way, with an observatory planned.

Cappy

Reputation score

Whoa, holy nipples.
I didn't think that ULMF would have it's own server for Minecraft of all things, if I ever manage to get MP working (By legal means or otherwise), I'll be sure to check it out.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Well, since we've got a couple of new people interested in the server, and with activity on it slowed, I was wondering what people would be interested in to revitalize this community?

The server's back up and running (With runecraft), I've been slow updating it as it seemed as though not many people were trying to get on it. I'd like to change that though, but I'm not sure what it would take for people to return.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've got dreams of making a mod for Minecraft that would introduce a class or job mechanic, like lumberjack or miner or explorer. My knowledge of Java is still far too limited for this idea to be even remotely possible right now, but the idea is still there.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

I think attention dropped off when we switched the map. A combo of losing everything, and the lack of those cool events you were doing. I know its alot of work, so maybe more then one person can do events.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I've dropped off for now simply because I've got bored of minecraft. I'll be back on eventually, just not sure when that will be.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I have an idea but I'm going to need Maiko to do a couple of things for me, thats if I can even do what I'm planning. What I will need is a huge expanse of flat land as well as a shitton of cobblestone. I plan on building a labyrinth of inderminite size as well as a few other things to do a few quests and whatnot if people are interested in doing some quests.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Sounds like a good idea. Makes me wish Hey0 and Runecraft were compatable as Hey0 has a command to easily spawn a large amount of materials.

I'm working on a couple of things myself as well, though they arn't quite ready yet.

Anyway, give me a hollar if you find an area that you think might work, or I could find one if you wanted.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well I wont be able to get online until the weekend so I can scout for a location then unless you want to find one yourself. I still need to design the labyrinth first though the christmas period in work is over after this week so I'll have more time to get to designing on that maze. I'll probably be using the area below the labyrinth too eventually.

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Hey0 and Runecraft are compatible. We've got them both running on the other server I go on, along with a few other mods I think.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I have an idea but I'm going to need Maiko to do a couple of things for me, thats if I can even do what I'm planning. What I will need is a huge expanse of flat land as well as a shitton of cobblestone. I plan on building a labyrinth of inderminite size as well as a few other things to do a few quests and whatnot if people are interested in doing some quests.
you could use leaves

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Hey0 and Runecraft are compatible. We've got them both running on the other server I go on, along with a few other mods I think.
Huh. Hey0 was giving me a huge amount of grief when I was trying to get it to run with Runecraft. Maybe it's been updated since then... I'll give it a shot tonight.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

you could use leaves
I did consider that, but then I realised that some people are flame happy. I don't want my maze to go up in smoke.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

I did consider that, but then I realised that some people are flame happy. I don't want my maze to go up in smoke.
Reason for people going flame happy on leaves: Somber tales from single player where the skeleton that didn't burn up due to to hiding under a tree shoots you off a fifty foot cliff. Not fun.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Reason for people going flame happy on leaves: Somber tales from single player where the skeleton that didn't burn up due to to hiding under a tree shoots you off a fifty foot cliff. Not fun.
I was actually referring to the assbag that set my old island alight.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

That and leaves decay now, so that wouldn't really work too well... what with the maze disappearing as soon as it's built now.