What's new

ULMF Minecraft Server (Address can be found on first post)

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: ULMF Minecraft Server

The latest post from Notch's blog for those who dont check it;

An update is coming tomorrow

First of all, most “mods” that add new features to the game are in a very gray area legally, and I frown upon them. Most of them add really cool new features, though. It’s highly likely that something like the bridge mod will make it into the game.

Now, the update.
I was going to release this today, but it’s 6 pm already and my fiancée turns 30 today (I love you, ez!), so I’ll go eat a nice dinner instead.

Here’s what’s already done for the update:

General fixes:
* players and mobs in lava or fire no longer spam sound effects
* getting hit with a higher damage while recovering from a smaller one now works as intended
* lava flows further in the Nether
* zombie pigs eventually forgives
* added support for custom texture packs
* fixed duplicate buttons when resizing screens
* zombie pigs and ghasts no longer get hurt by fire or lava
* fixed volume sliders now saving properly

Multiplayer fixes:
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats (pigs should work too..)

There are a couple of bugs left, like it not being possible to steer the boats yet, and other players not having the riding animation when riding. Fishing also works horribly poorly. Once I’ve fixed that tomorrow, I’ll release an update for both the server and the client.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Buckets! Yay! Though this also will require that Runecraft be updated as well most likly. So it comes down to this:

Do you guys want runecraft in lieu of updates until Runecraft updates, or the other way around, with no runes but new features?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

they say minecarts will be better, minecarts are cool

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Dammit, I'm torn now. On one hand I'll not be able to venture far far away with the security of a teleporter to get me back if the updates are applied, but on the other hand I wont have portable lava if we opt for runecraft...

...Sod it, I say go for updates.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Actually, since the client updates automatically, you can't connect right now anyway, so updating is pretty much manditory now.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Yeah, Bartnum and I was wondering why we couldnt connect.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Server's been updated. Any secret doors will be stuck in their last position, keep that in mind.

Now I'll need to make a stairway up to that island...

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Awesome, I'll have to jump on there tomorrow now and march until I find a good enough spot for what I have planned.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"* added “no-animals” setting. if true, animals will immediately vanish"

=D

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

While that would get rid of the annoying noise they make when half buried in blocks we wont be able to get leather, meat and feathers.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Not that we need them though, yet. Leather's used for making armor (or saddles), meat for healing, and feathers for arrows. All things we don't really need right now.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

True, but its nice to stock up. Though we can find all that stuff in dungeons. And I didnt know saddles can be made now.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Disregard that, I'm stupid. Still, you should be able to make saddles from leather... Sounds logical right?

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

That it does. And you should be able to get string by somehow breaking down wool blocks.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Ok, after a complaint about stolen materials, I've decided to put something cool on the server.

Users are now sorted by rank, from guest to owner. When you log back in, you'll notice your inventory is empty and you can't break any blocks, the default rank is guest and this is its effects. PM me your user name, as well as any friends of yours, and you and them will be upgraded to user status. Your inventory will return once you've been upgraded, don't worry.

The ranks currently are:
Guest-Default
Basic
Trusted
Admin
Owner-(Me)

Also, you've got some new commands. Use !commands to see what you can do. Of note is the !lock command. This makes the next single block chest you place locked, meaning anything that gets put inside, only you can see and remove (and admins). This doesn't work with double chests though, so use this for your obsidian and diamond stores.

Another new command is !kit or !kits. This allows you to summon to you a group of items. The only kit so far is Toolkit, which consists of a wooden pickaxe, shovel, hoe and sword. To get it, type !kit toolkit. More kits will be added later, mainly by request.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Why is minecraft being so slow recently?

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I suspect it's because someone (I have suspicions, but I'm not naming names) has placed some minecarts. I've found two, a regular one and a powered one. While the minetracks have been fixed to no longer kill the server, I seem to recall Notch saying that Minecarts arn't fixed yet, so that is why I suspect the carts of causing the problem. The problem there however, is that carts can currently only be removed through the application of dynamite (as far as I've found).

So, if you've placed minecarts at any point, please contact me so I can blow them up.

On an unrelated note, I have no clue why /home or !home (either works) drops you on kayden's airship. I'll be fixing this.

Also, Bartnum has won the pawn sculpting contest. Congrats Bart. I've left the pawns up for viewing, but they'll be removed by friday if people havn't taken the materials they've used to make the statues by then (remember, you get to keep what you use). Next up are Rooks (castles). Same rules apply as the pawns. 4x4x6 (LxWxH), all one block type (two pawns were disqualified for this reason). Go for it!

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

The mine carts in the tunnel were mine, sorry about that. I figured it was safe to do so after reading...

Multiplayer fixes:
* hellworld=true no longer overwrites old save chunks. Player positions will still break if you switch it on a running server, though
* boats are now visible to other players
* minecarts move nicer
* fishing kinda sorta works, but needs more work
* sheep and cows look like sheep and cows now
* buckets work now
* fixed stairs being really difficult to destroy
* increased the timeout before “Took too long to log in”
* made it possible to ride carts and boats
* added (after lots of work) the ability to steer server-side boats
* added “no-animals” setting. if true, animals will immediately vanish
* added support for more animation settings. Currently it’s just the “riding” animation, but the same system will be used for sneaking
Evidently they don't entirely work yet. Having done a few tests on them they're still plenty glitchy enough to fail as a reliable transport method. Didn't realise they were actually slowing things down though. Don't use TNT though, unless it's been fixed, I've heard from more than one source that TNT can cause long term problems of it own, sometimes including permanent anomalies in effected blocks. Use lava to destroy carts.

Also does anyone know how to destroy a wall building rune? SH4K built one, and has been unable to remove it resulting in a single block that is impossible to build on and sends any laid materials across the field. Unless there is a way to destroy the rune, I'd recommend being very careful with wall runes. Any wall constructed by the rune will also delete any blocks the wall passes through without dropping resources, so there's room for a little caution there too.

OP
maikochan

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Runecraft's disabled right now, so runes shouldn't be working at all right now.

Also, thanks for the advice about the lava for removing carts. At the moment, I've disabled placing carts for the time being. Hopefully this is what is causing the slowdown, though again, I'm not 100% sure.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

The wall creating rune can be broken by placing a pillar of two or more blocks high in front of where you want it to end.