What's new

RPG RPG Maker [とらうま商事] Jumble Jokers (RJ180724)

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ180724] Jumble Jokers

Honestly, my suspicion is that the dev dusted off the old battle scripts from Escape from Demon City, added the phobia system, and then built a game around that. Or put another way: the dev overreached with Escape from Demon City, and for this game limited the scope a lot so that they could get just the things they wanted out there. It's basically a kind of overreaction to the fact that their previous game failed due to overambitious scope - you get a game that doesn't have much scope.

(For context: Escape from Demon City was planned to have more than 10 party members, story H-scenes, clothing destruction, a very similar battle system to this game, and a copious amount of story. Jumble Jokers strips back everything apart the battle system, which is expanded on.)

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Honestly, my suspicion is that the dev dusted off the old battle scripts from Escape from Demon City, added the phobia system, and then built a game around that. Or put another way: the dev overreached with Escape from Demon City, and for this game limited the scope a lot so that they could get just the things they wanted out there. It's basically a kind of overreaction to the fact that their previous game failed due to overambitious scope - you get a game that doesn't have much scope.

(For context: Escape from Demon City was planned to have more than 10 party members, story H-scenes, clothing destruction, a very similar battle system to this game, and a copious amount of story. Jumble Jokers strips back everything apart the battle system, which is expanded on.)
Which is such a shame, because battle system seems like it's the /hard/ part. Now that it's in place, you could takes this game and do nothing but add content. The framework is already in place.

To repeat myself from a different game: The games with the best mechanics always seem to be the ones that lack the most on actual content.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Which is such a shame, because battle system seems like it's the /hard/ part. Now that it's in place, you could takes this game and do nothing but add content. The framework is already in place.

To repeat myself from a different game: The games with the best mechanics always seem to be the ones that lack the most on actual content.
Alternate: the dev felt like they weren't able to add the content and release the game, so scaled it back until they got something they could release. Also see: .

By contrast, Jumble Jokers does exist, and it was even delivered in the timeframe the dev announced. Could it have been better? Sure. But honestly, there's something to be said for the dev cutting the scope of the project back to something that they can manage, rather than it becoming another one of the projects I listed above that could be amazing... when they're released. Multi-year delays are never fun.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Alternate: the dev felt like they weren't able to add the content and release the game, so scaled it back until they got something they could release. Also see: .

By contrast, Jumble Jokers does exist, and it was even delivered in the timeframe the dev announced. Could it have been better? Sure. But honestly, there's something to be said for the dev cutting the scope of the project back to something that they can manage, rather than it becoming another one of the projects I listed above that could be amazing... when they're released. Multi-year delays are never fun.
You're not wrong. Scope Creep can really ruin games. I just feel at least a little polish would have done some of these games good.

Map creation is the first indication of a game like this, maps that are too large and un-populated. The dev for jumble jokers could have delayed a single month and just redid his maps and it's quality would have gone up significantly.

Some balancing would have helped as well, but I get the feeling that some devs don't /play/ their games before they release them.

Loogie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not hijacking the thread - I'll make my own thread when it's time - but I'm about 60% complete on a mostly machine translation. Once that's done I'll slap it up in the translation section so people can have SOMETHING in English, then I'll refine it from there. I hope to have the machine part done today or tomorrow.

OP
S

srankstrum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It looks like the dev is planning to update the game again within the next few days. From a machine translation:

"· The popularity of glasses is low
→ Correction pending
· The battle is not over because it cums too much
→ Ensure that you can choose to give up battle every 20 turns (Scheduled at next appde"

The first part seems like a joke (probably referring to Ester the green-haired girl: is she really unpopular?) but the second part seems to address a common issue in this thread about how battles never end if the girls are too fucked up (lel). I don't know if "20 turns" means full turns (as in everyone acts) or 20 actions (each individual player/enemy acts).

Edit: The dev also thanked people for reporting bugs and is apparently regretful that so many bugs slipped through between the game showing up on DLsite and officially releasing:
"Many bug reports Thank you very much m (__) m 4 months have also debug period established this mismanagement"

Last edited:

Loogie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It looks like the dev is planning to update the game again within the next few days.
Awesome.

Cool part of the translation utility Habisain made is it takes into account the original game might get updated.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

It looks like the dev is planning to update the game again within the next few days. From a machine translation:

"· The popularity of glasses is low
→ Correction pending
· The battle is not over because it cums too much
→ Ensure that you can choose to give up battle every 20 turns (Scheduled at next appde"

The first part seems like a joke (probably referring to Ester the green-haired girl: is she really unpopular?) but the second part seems to address a common issue in this thread about how battles never end if the girls are too fucked up (lel). I don't know if "20 turns" means full turns (as in everyone acts) or 20 actions (each individual player/enemy acts).

Edit: The dev also thanked people for reporting bugs and is apparently regretful that so many bugs slipped through between the game showing up on DLsite and officially releasing:
"Many bug reports Thank you very much m (__) m 4 months have also debug period established this mismanagement"
First part seem like a joke on how the green hair never get attacked much by enemies i.e. not attractive enough to be raped.

Second one is about when your girls are constantly climaxing and can't act at all. The 20 turns is probably full turns.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So you're telling me that I have more updates to look forward to, and that they'll be here in a couple of days at most? Awesome. Soon I'll have a download link on every page (and someone will still find a way to miss it and ask for one, mark my words)! I like glasses girl, myself, but then again, I think all of the girls in this look good. Still, now that I think about it, she probably is my least favorite of the bunch...

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey guys! Guess what? New version's out. More bug fixes! Taking bets on how many more there'll be before it finally ends (and if you're wondering why I double posted, I figured it was better to do it this way to bump this thread back to the top and set off everyone's notifications in case they were still having trouble with a bug and could benefit from this).

Attachments

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i reinstalled the japanese RTP using the applelocal settings.

well i started up the game, told me i was missing the RTP Oo. i said ok. restarted the game now its saying i got it BUT im messing game files @_@ WTF

i just started up the new version still same thing. no font D:

after starting , no mater the options i pick i get hit with this. WHILE under Japanese local.

Last edited:

mystery99x

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys! Guess what? New version's out. More bug fixes! Taking bets on how many more there'll be before it finally ends (and if you're wondering why I double posted, I figured it was better to do it this way to bump this thread back to the top and set off everyone's notifications in case they were still having trouble with a bug and could benefit from this).
Damn hun, now we know why your avi has coffee. o_O

R

Ryka

This game.... This game.... hnnnngh....

This has most of the elements I ever wanted from arumerosoft, while still being its own unique style. The game is a little on the hard side though. Enemies by default take a ton of effort when you first encounter a new one, but I guess that is just to introduce the "plus monsters" that I read about to beginners?

Anyway, aaaaaaaa. This game.

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

well i started up the game, told me i was missing the RTP Oo. i said ok. restarted the game now its saying i got it BUT im messing game files @_@ WTF

after starting , no mater the options i pick i get hit with this. WHILE under Japanese local.

Install Japanese language packs in your windows Regional + Language settings. I'm betting it's not installed properly.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I don't think pic#2 should happen if you really have changed to Japanese sytem locale.
When I try running the game with NTLEAS -while my sytem is not in Jap locale- I get the very same main menu you get, without any fonts, in your pic#1.

Also, something must really be jumbled (?lol) up, since the second pic shows in the application window title with '1.05' - as though you are trying to start the 1.05 version.

Here is what will 100% work: 1) switch your system locale to Japanese for the time being 2) download the latest version which elusi has so graciously provided 3) extract the game to somewhere new (should work without any glitches, all files will be as should be) 4) make sure you have RPGMaker XP installed (I have the English version installed, game stilll works/starts) 5) start the game.

6) If you want to switch back to your current/real system locale - do it. (needs another restart, ofc) The game can be started with 'Locale Emulator' (I can play the game in non-Japanese system locale by starting game.exe with Locale Emulator). Ntleas will give you the main menu without characters, but Locale Emulator will work.

FYI, I use Win 8.1.

Hope it helps.

Loogie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There's more here than I thought, I'm about 85% done with a machine translation. Two things I've noticed:

- There is a LOT of status flavor messages that vary.
- The dude who made this game is hilarious. So far I've found a few meme jokes and a shopkeeper suggests you edit your save file if you don't have enough money to pay him.

Wuumaster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Which version are you translating, Loogie? Or are you using habisain's translator (which will work through updates, IIRC)

Loogie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm using Habisian's translator. Also, I got RPG Maker XP and VX in the last Steam summer sale, so minor updates for new versions will be even easier.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

this sounds like the first RPG game ill play thats fully translated. one thing i do like is games with nice humor in it.

Damascus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm using Habisian's translator. Also, I got RPG Maker XP and VX in the last Steam summer sale, so minor updates for new versions will be even easier.
Sweet, keep us updated! Love me a good translation, especially after the awesomeness that was Creature Hunter :)