What's new

RPG RPG Maker [とらうま商事] Jumble Jokers (RJ180724)

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ180724] Jumble Jokers

Here is what will 100% work: 1) switch your system locale to Japanese for the time being
This is what I do and what I usually want to recommend to others since it means you no longer have to worry about making sure you're using AppLocale or another program every time you're playing/extracting something, but it can also have some slightly annoying side effects that they might not want to deal with - for example, some installers and programs will default to Japanese when you use them. This has only happened to me with probably 5% of the applications I've used, though, so it's not as bad as you might think (and there's usually an option to switch it back in the program itself if you can navigate through the Japanese text to get to it). I've also run into a couple of games that will only run if I take it a step further and change my date/time formats to Japanese, as well, which means my clock uses the 24-hour format and the date is in the xxxx/xx/xx format, which would probably be tough to get used to for most Americans. I also keep all of my hentai-related things on a laptop that I basically don't use for anything else, too, so it's probably easier for me to handle as result.

Anyway, are we getting tired of the updates yet? We're up to v1.10 now. I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming a nuisance by uploading every single one, so I'm hoping that they're actually fixing someone's problems.

Attachments

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

do the old version save files work with these new updates? cause it would suck if you uploaded all these updates but we have to do a new game everytime.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

do the old version save files work with these new updates? cause it would suck if you uploaded all these updates but we have to do a new game everytime.
My old save from the first version has worked for every update so far; I even threw it in with the latest upload for the heck of it.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This is what I do and what I usually want to recommend to others since it means you no longer have to worry about making sure you're using AppLocale or another program every time you're playing/extracting something, but it can also have some slightly annoying side effects that they might not want to deal with - for example, some installers and programs will default to Japanese when you use them. This has only happened to me with probably 5% of the applications I've used, though, so it's not as bad as you might think (and there's usually an option to switch it back in the program itself if you can navigate through the Japanese text to get to it). I've also run into a couple of games that will only run if I take it a step further and change my date/time formats to Japanese, as well, which means my clock uses the 24-hour format and the date is in the xxxx/xx/xx format, which would probably be tough to get used to for most Americans. I also keep all of my hentai-related things on a laptop that I basically don't use for anything else, too, so it's probably easier for me to handle as result.

Anyway, are we getting tired of the updates yet? We're up to v1.10 now. I'm starting to feel like I'm becoming a nuisance by uploading every single one, so I'm hoping that they're actually fixing someone's problems.
By later on i suspect we will reach 2.00 in just 1-2 weeks at this pace.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

By later on i suspect we will reach 2.00 in just 1-2 weeks at this pace.
Seeing as how I ran into a bug I'd never seen before in the latest version (everyone in the party was restrained and the enemies weren't doing anything, either, meaning the game was essentially frozen and I had to reset), I wouldn't be shocked. :)

Loogie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is more of a general question - as I'm testing the work I've done so far, I've noticed that words beginning with a capital "A" don't have the A appear. Is this a known issue with RPG Maker XP?

R

Ryka

I just got past the spiders and saw the enemies afterward. Is this thing real? <3

I feel like this game is unfair to the others in quality. Holy crap. I want merch of this.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

waiting for the last version of this to come out

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just got past the spiders and saw the enemies afterward. Is this thing real? <3

I feel like this game is unfair to the others in quality. Holy crap. I want merch of this.
I'm happy to see some of you have enjoyed it as much as I did. I'm really hoping there'll be a content update of some sort down the line, or that they'll at least look towards making another game soon enough.

waiting for the last version of this to come out
You might be waiting for a while. There was yet another small update with bug fixes today, for example, and while it really is hilarious at how many times I've given out links for these things, I'm going to hold off on doing it from now on unless someone messages me and asks for the latest version because they've run into a bug that was fixed in it, or if I see that they've released something a bit meatier. I'm sure most of you don't want this bumped every time a small fix is published.

Attachments

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

so when I try to play it it gives me an rtp error for -standard

I had the same problem with moral sword when I played it, but that was a while ago and I can't remember what I did. I've looked just about everywhere for "rtp standard" and can't find anything. I'm pretty sure I have all the rtps for the rpg makers too.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so when I try to play it it gives me an rtp error for -standard

I had the same problem with moral sword when I played it, but that was a while ago and I can't remember what I did. I've looked just about everywhere for "rtp standard" and can't find anything. I'm pretty sure I have all the rtps for the rpg makers too.
the game wont event let me get past the first map at start before fatal game braking bug appears D:

i uninstalled the RTP , it said it needs it. I reinstalled it and the game runs because it reconizes i have it but no font is showing and it crashes

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

the game wont event let me get past the first map at start before fatal game braking bug appears D:

i uninstalled the RTP , it said it needs it. I reinstalled it and the game runs because it reconizes i have it but no font is showing and it crashes
if no font is showing then it probably runs into the problem i have with it sometimes, you absolutely need to be in the japanize local for font to appear at all. its unfortunate but oh well.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm sure most of you don't want this bumped every time a small fix is published.
Actually, I kinda do. I'm holding off until a stable version comes out, but it's nice to know when an update comes out, if only so i know it's still being worked on.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Actually, I kinda do. I'm holding off until a stable version comes out, but it's nice to know when an update comes out, if only so i know it's still being worked on.
All right, then. 1.12 released yesterday, and I'll get around to uploading it later, when I can actually do it. I need to get around to cleaning up all of the old links I have in this thread, too. From what I can tell, the game is mostly stable at this point, with some minor bugs still lingering, but I've still been checking for and downloading every update that comes out, just in case a later one actually breaks something.

Edit: 1.12 is below.

Attachments

Last edited:

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

has anyone figured out a solution to my japanese XP games not working :( its only for XP im having this issue. ok i tested this. i uninstalled jap rtp for xp
game said its missing the rtp so it does reconize the rtp i installed right?

so i reinstalled the j rtp the game works but still the font is missing so i dont get it. i do have japanse font istalled as my other jap games work just fine. for my other RM's so why is it that XP having such a hard time working

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

has anyone figured out a solution to my japanese XP games not working :( its only for XP im having this issue. ok i tested this. i uninstalled jap rtp for xp
game said its missing the rtp so it does reconize the rtp i installed right?

so i reinstalled the j rtp the game works but still the font is missing so i dont get it. i do have japanse font istalled as my other jap games work just fine. for my other RM's so why is it that XP having such a hard time working
sometime its because you have wrong RGSSxxx.dll
the font didnt show up i think

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sometime its because you have wrong RGSSxxx.dll
the font didnt show up i think
any idea how to fix that cause im totally lost i got the rtp from the offical store site that sales the j copy D: i installed it using jap applelocal and i know it works cause the installer was in japanese BUT the RTP was all in english D: am i messing something

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

any idea how to fix that cause im totally lost i got the rtp from the offical store site that sales the j copy D: i installed it using jap applelocal and i know it works cause the installer was in japanese BUT the RTP was all in english D: am i messing something
Since I can see you are quite reluctant to change your sytem locale to Japanese -which would fix your problems, probably-, here is how it works for me on Win 8.1, without Japanese locale set as the system locale:
1) I installed RPG Maker XP's Runtime Package (RTP) - english version. Download from . Before installing it, uninstall all your previously intalled RPGMaker XP whatevers just to be sure...
2) Download Jumble Jokers v1.12 -and thank elusi- from elusi's above post.
3) Unzip the game to somewhere - SHOULDNT be any problem, I just open the compressed .zip file in Windows Explorer and drag&drop the JumbleJokers1.12 folder there to somewhere I'd like. ALL files will be decompressed and created neatly, no problems of mojibake (well ok, to be fair there is ONE .jpg file with a jumbled filename, but that's only a helping picture, about info on status effects, and you can open and view it regardless) or effed up Japanese characters - I did it without 'applocale' or having my system locale set to Japanese. There.Should.Be. NO problems. :)
4) Now, if I try to run the game without any help (just double-clicking Game.exe), it starts without a hiccup (because it sees RPGMaker XP has been installed), however there won't be any characters seen in the main menu.
5) If I start it with 'Locale Emulator' -'Run in Japanese'-, it starts and... WORKS without an issue. You can get 'Locale Emulator' and instructions on its use .

Again, if you would just temporarily change your system locale to Jap, all this / most of this could probably be bypassed.
But if you do it this way, it SHOULD work - at least on Win 7, Win 8.1, and most probably on Win 10 as well.

Good luck. Just succeed already!! xD

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score

essentially the only reason i dislike changing my system local to japanize is just because if i do. my skype changes to japanize instead of staying english, so i have to turn it offline to prevent japanize messages, but at the same time get no notification from them. plus its annoying when some run just fine after extracting in japanize, but others then cannot for some reason.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Since I can see you are quite reluctant to change your sytem locale to Japanese -which would fix your problems, probably-, here is how it works for me on Win 8.1, without Japanese locale set as the system locale:
1) I installed RPG Maker XP's Runtime Package (RTP) - english version. Download from . Before installing it, uninstall all your previously intalled RPGMaker XP whatevers just to be sure...
2) Download Jumble Jokers v1.12 -and thank elusi- from elusi's above post.
3) Unzip the game to somewhere - SHOULDNT be any problem, I just open the compressed .zip file in Windows Explorer and drag&drop the JumbleJokers1.12 folder there to somewhere I'd like. ALL files will be decompressed and created neatly, no problems of mojibake (well ok, to be fair there is ONE .jpg file with a jumbled filename, but that's only a helping picture, about info on status effects, and you can open and view it regardless) or effed up Japanese characters - I did it without 'applocale' or having my system locale set to Japanese. There.Should.Be. NO problems. :)
4) Now, if I try to run the game without any help (just double-clicking Game.exe), it starts without a hiccup (because it sees RPGMaker XP has been installed), however there won't be any characters seen in the main menu.
5) If I start it with 'Locale Emulator' -'Run in Japanese'-, it starts and... WORKS without an issue. You can get 'Locale Emulator' and instructions on its use .

Again, if you would just temporarily change your system locale to Jap, all this / most of this could probably be bypassed.
But if you do it this way, it SHOULD work - at least on Win 7, Win 8.1, and most probably on Win 10 as well.

Good luck. Just succeed already!! xD

i dont need english xp i got legal copy of XP on steam :)