What's new

[WIP - Full] 奴隷との生活 -Teaching Feeling-

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: 奴隷との生活 -Teaching Feeling-

Got all the new beta lines translated, minus the conversation system. It's a real doozy, and part of me wants to wait until it's finalized to crack at it even though it'll probably be more work when that happens. Thankfully the TL script picks up the conversation system perfectly fine, so the technical side of things isn't an issue. For now the beta is playable, so I'll keep an eye out for updates and adjust accordingly prior to release. :)

Dr Jebus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

doing the food buttons now and was wondering how to go about some of the foods
like should i just put "Yokan" or "Sweet Bean Jelly" or something for it?
and how about the hamburg one?
i got em all made but im not 100% on the phrasing :confused:

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

doing the food buttons now and was wondering how to go about some of the foods
like should i just put "Yokan" or "Sweet Bean Jelly" or something for it?
and how about the hamburg one?
i got em all made but im not 100% on the phrasing :confused:
Not only did I not see this post, but I didn't go through looking at the new images. I'd use 'salisbury steak' for 'Hamburg', but 'youkan' is a Japanese food with no real equivalent. 'Sweet bean jelly' probably works, and then the explanation for the player will be handled once we have text for it.

Dr Jebus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alrighty then well if you like you could write up a txt file or something with the button names and what would work best as the translations next to em...

im passable when it comes to TL-ing but i tend to sacrifice some accuracy to make things alil less wordy (although i kept one as "meat sauce pasta" since the filename "meetsauce" made me chuckle... ill change it to something else if ya want)

on another note (if its not changed next big update) how we gonna handle the talk system? its pretty much a slightly more elaborate version of the special names in settings.ks the responses will work from the library but the triggers might need to be done in the files.

Attachments

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alrighty then well if you like you could write up a txt file or something with the button names and what would work best as the translations next to em...

on another note (if its not changed next big update) how we gonna handle the talk system? its pretty much a slightly more elaborate version of the special names in settings.ks the responses will work from the library but the triggers might need to be done in the files.
Sure, I've been meaning to do that anyway since a few of the buttons from 1.3.1 are 'wrong' anyway (not wrong, mind you, just different from what the script says). Gives me a chance to have all the UI up to date. Give me a day or so and I'll have all the buttons listed on a pastebin or something.

As for the communication system, Jaypee's script captures the important elements just fine as it's implemented now. If it becomes more advanced--like actual AI rather than just pre-baked triggers and phrases--then we'll see, but for now the communication system will be handled on the translation side of things. :)

Dr Jebus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Aye-aye Cap'n! i'll keep a eye out for that.
i could use a break from all the faces im doing at the moment too...

Dr Jebus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alrighty... i mentioned this on the other side of things but i was wondering if you guys here could lend me a hand with this.

i've been trying to make a more modular way to make changes/additions to the games files without having to mess with all the .ks files

it was coming along the lines of having a secondary "scenario" folder with matching .ks files that only have the changes listed
and would insert them at the specified lines in the originals.
this would make it a bit easier to do bugfixes and addons and not have to root around to find out what was changed (and should be able to be removed easily to go back to the originals)

i had a semi working version of it... but ill be honest my js was pretty much garbage and caused rather large slowdown in places.
anyone think they cold make a better working version? updates would be a bit less tedious with something like it.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hope all is well with ya. o.o

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Just squashing bugs and typos while waiting for 1.5.x.

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

First post is updated with the patch for 1.5.0! Go nuts, everybody! :D

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Whoops, minor mistake in the translation dictionary that has caused everyone to have free chocolate eclairs for life! Enjoy the sweet desserts while you can, it'll be fixed along with a few other minor bugs come v7a. :rolleyes:

kingsuo

Reputation score

I have the bought version from DLsite and when i merge the data folder from v1.5 into it, i can't even get past the first text box as no1 appears at the door. am i doing something wrong?

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

When did you purchase it? If you purchased it forever ago, you need to redownload it from DLSite in order to get v1.5.0 as the game has no update function. Fortunately DLSite offers free downloads forever, so whenever Ray updates the game you can grab the latest version from there at no cost.

If you just purchased it now and are having this issue, I'm not sure why. When you merged the patch into the game, did you say 'yes' to replace all files and folders?

poppyseed02134

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Whoops, minor mistake in the translation dictionary that has caused everyone to have free chocolate eclairs for life! Enjoy the sweet desserts while you can, it'll be fixed along with a few other minor bugs come v7a. :rolleyes:
Are the eclairs the reason why I can't use any of the flowers during the tea sessions? Or is there something I'm missing?

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Are the eclairs the reason why I can't use any of the flowers during the tea sessions? Or is there something I'm missing?
No, that's a different thing entirely. You can't put flowers in the tea because Sylvie's lust is too low. Once you increase that, you can put flowers in the tea, which will override her making the tea and eating eclairs. :)

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Updated the patch in the OP. Fixed issues with the shop layout, the eclair bug, a few typos pointed out by others, and put in an FAQ about the talk system. Enjoy! :cool:

Dr Jebus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good on ya for the little tips for the talk system...
I'll admit I was a bit confused at first why my statements weren't working until I realized "duh! I gotta punctuate that".

Man my english teacher would be so disappointed in me. :(

Anyway both our patch links were passed along so everything should be up to date on the other side of things.

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

First post has been updated with a patch compatible with v1.5.1. :)