What's new

[WIP - Full] 奴隷との生活 -Teaching Feeling-

SneakySkeith167

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: 奴隷との生活 -Teaching Feeling-

Damn, I just did everything in the 1.16 patch. Head pats are gods gift to man. ;-;

kir

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Are you only releasing the latest version? Example: They now upload a 1.4 will you not release the 1.3 version patch?

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

If Ray releases a 1.4 right now it'll delay the TL release to account for any new text, yes. However, I intend to have 1.3.1 ready to go by tonight, so he'd have to really get cranking on an update to beat me. ;)

kir

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You are the most awesome guy around. Thank you!

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I have a translation script for 1.3.1 all set, but there are a few bugs left in it that are preventing me from putting together a nice all-in-one patch to update the first post with. Jaypee, if you could take a look and see what you think I'd really appreciate it. The bugs are with how the Life Record is displayed when the player hasn't unlocked every possible H-scene, and with the [miyage] variable itself being the name of [miyage], causing the TL script to bug out and leave it untranslated.

Enjoy, everybody! I'm going to bed.:eek:

EDIT: Script has been updated, see below.

Last edited:

pirro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but I can't seem to figure out how to apply the json file to the game. :eek:

Nonetheless, many thanks for your great work Nomake Wan.

kir

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok i did some research and i could not figure out how to unpack/extract or anything else a .jason file so im just gonna wait for a tutorial or something.

Thanks for the work dude you have my gratitude.

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's just a dictionary file for Jaypee's v006 translation plugin from the top of page 3 (if you're using default forum view settings). It's not a complete patch, which is why I'm not listing it in the first post. It also has bugs, which are the reason it's not being compiled into a nice neat full patch.

Newly noticed bug: the speech for buying panties auto-skips. This is because the way the panties are coded is different--Ray has the color listed (which we have translated) and then performs a jump to the 'bought' text with a pause. However, as we omit the 'bought' text (due to legacy shop functionality), the pause is not parsed. It's lines 2113-2153 of shop.ks for reference that are causing this bug.

EDIT: Never mind, I see why it's doing that and it's because my new lines weren't in line with the older ones from Spacegodzilla. Basically, I have to add a new pause to the English line to account for the lack of the 'bought' text. Herp.

Last edited:

kir

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah so its playable but has a few bugs, no big deal. And thanks for the instructions.

Edit: lol i was using all manner of programs earlier trying to unpack that files so i can understand herping.

Jaypee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry I'm late. The problem with the snack names should be easy to fix by adding a hook to [eval] tags to replace the expression. All [miyage] does is embed the value of the variable f.miyage, which was set to the name of a snack in an [eval] tag as you noticed. I'll put up a fix later today.

Edit: Here's the fix:

For the commas, I may be wrong, but wouldn't they be bugged even without the translation? At a glance, it seems that the latter parts of each line are never shown unless the first part is also shown. So I think you could fix the problem by deleting all of the trailing commas and inserting a comma before each part of the line (except the first part).

Besides that, I noticed that you left the graphic tooltips section untranslated. Did you check the JSON I included with v006? It has most of them translated already. I figured if we could get all those translated, then people could at least play through the game using only the translation script.

And as for the new dictionary format, sorry about that, but it was necessary to ensure that the lines are always written in the proper order. I think adding more control over the JSON output would add a lot of needless complexity to the script, so let me suggest an alternative.

In Notepad++ make the following replacements (make sure you turn on extended search mode):

Code:
s/",\n      /", /
s/"\n    /" /
s/null\n    /null /
s/{\n      /{ /
I attached a Notepad++ macro for this you could copy to the macros section of your shortcuts.xml file. After making the replacements, you can set update.file in config.json to the empty string to stop the script from updating the translation automatically every time you run the game (which would mess up the lines again).

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I actually hadn't noticed that, and I apologize. I really just did all my editing in v005, then converted it to v006 and uploaded it without checking (which is how I missed a few untranslated lines as well as some line-break and pause issues). That's my own fault.

I had a look through v007 and it looks great. About the tooltips, though, it looks like you already have them all translated? Is there more that I'm just not seeing, or is it more to go through the tooltips with a fine-toothed comb and make sure they're all right?

And finally, what does that macro/replace you just posted do, exactly? I have the TL working so I don't want to mess it up accidentally. I do like the idea with the comma though. It's probably the only way since there's no way to check for what's been seen and append a period/comma depending using just-in-time translation, right?

Last but certainly not least, since I've been out of the loop with everything except translation scripts since 1.16, do you have an updated UI translation for 1.3.1? Now that it's about time to get a full patch together, figure I'll ask.

Thanks for everything, as always!

Attachments

Jaypee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

About the tooltips, though, it looks like you already have them all translated? Is there more that I'm just not seeing, or is it more to go through the tooltips with a fine-toothed comb and make sure they're all right?
I just copied everything from the UI translation for 1.20, so it's probably missing a few things. I'd run the dictionary through an update cycle to make sure nothing's missing. If you do that with v007, you'll probably notice that a lot of cruft gets added to the eval and branch sections. It's safe to delete any cruft like that as long as you make sure each entry has a comma after it except the last one. You can also disable updates to those sections in the config so you don't have to remove the cruft each time.

And finally, what does that macro/replace you just posted do, exactly? I have the TL working so I don't want to mess it up accidentally.
All it does is change entries in the dictionary from something like
Code:
{
  "key": "わかりました。[lr]",
  "en-US": "I understand.[lr]"
},
to something like
Code:
{ "key": "わかりました。[lr]", "en-US": "I understand.[lr]" },
Should be safe. Hopefully that makes it easier for you to use versions after v005.

I do like the idea with the comma though. It's probably the only way since there's no way to check for what's been seen and append a period/comma depending using just-in-time translation, right?
Might be possible, but would be way more complicated than it's worth.

Last but certainly not least, since I've been out of the loop with everything except translation scripts since 1.16, do you have an updated UI translation for 1.3.1? Now that it's about time to get a full patch together, figure I'll ask.
I'm avoiding anything to do with the UI for now, since it tends to break with every update. That's why I added tooltips to the translation script. Things like the choice buttons should be okay though, and I think someone on 4chan has already updated those using my templates. Speaking of, people on 4chan seem willing to fix all the buttons manually by editing the .ks files so I'm thinking of dropping my work on a script for that since I don't see much value in it.

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Ah cool, it looks like v007 already had the changes in place so I'll leave that be.

As for 4chan, unless it's more difficulty than it's worth I'd ignore what they're doing and continue on with your method. I'm all for an elegant solution that can be turned on and off, one that doesn't actually mess with the original game, if that's what your endgame on it is. Honestly there is quite a bit of stuff going on in those threads I don't agree with which is why I haven't been paying full attention to the UI-related things.

I'll go ahead and poke around for now. Thanks!

kir

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Welp I'm enjoying the new translation, you did very good work.

I thank you for it. Have a good day.

Tsukishiro009

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Holy shit, you guys are awesome!
is the patch gonna work on 1.30 or do I have to download the 1.31?
Just asking coz I still don't have the 1.31 link and I wanna play asap....

.... am I understanding it right that it's still not applicable?

Last edited:

blobzerz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll just wait for updated patch.

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Holy shit, you guys are awesome!
is the patch gonna work on 1.30 or do I have to download the 1.31?
Just asking coz I still don't have the 1.31 link and I wanna play asap....

.... am I understanding it right that it's still not applicable?
I'm developing the patches based on whatever the current retail version of the game is, which as of now is 1.3.1. I don't keep older versions around so I cannot say for certain whether or not it will work on questionably-legal versions of the game. Feel free to try it, but please, buy the game. ;)

First post in the thread has been updated with the full v1.3.1 patch! Enjoy, folks!

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm developing the patches based on whatever the current retail version of the game is, which as of now is 1.3.1. I don't keep older versions around so I cannot say for certain whether or not it will work on questionably-legal versions of the game. Feel free to try it, but please, buy the game. ;)

First post in the thread has been updated with the full v1.3.1 patch! Enjoy, folks!

Thank you boss ;)

OP
Nomake Wan

Nomake Wan

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Updated link in the first post to v5a, fixing a few button placement issues in early gameplay, a missing speech tag, some minor punctuation issues, and fully translating the system prompts. :)