What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Hunting is a time honored Noble Past Time that is probably the most expected of rulers to have.
Hmmm doesn't hunting fall under survival? But yeah, definitely taking that due to Malena complex about wanting to fit to her people and lessen the sting of being different.

Going to keep History. It is expected for Malena to know her lineage by memory.

EDIT: Choosing Gretta due to thinking the Goblins will be expecting a defending delaying force but not a reckless force.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cool, just the animal handling roll then for the journey.

Also, yeah hunting is a Survival roll. I was giving you a bunch of possible past times.

If you wanted only the stuff that your Tool Proficiency could be useful for, it would be the games of chance and skill that I started out with.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cool, just the animal handling roll then for the journey.

Also, yeah hunting is a Survival roll. I was giving you a bunch of possible past times.

If you wanted only the stuff that your Tool Proficiency could be useful for, it would be the games of chance and skill that I started out with.
If I can get Hunting under the Tool Proficiency I'll take it in a heartbeat. Otherwise, for lore friendliness, go with the game that the Oaken Grove plays.

Animal Handling Roll: 13 (11 + 2).

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, they're druids, so let's say you're good at Stones. Which is the same as the real life game "Go"

Hunting is the survival skill.

And okay that roll isn't going to give you any penalties, but no bonuses either. So then your next reaction post is all I need and then I'll post the scenario. :)

EDIT: I just went ahead and rolled for Gretta's aggressive tactic... Natural 19.

Which means a better chance of victory... less of a chance of immediately becoming a goblin spunk receptacle.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Q: I like Joe, so I don't want to come over as abusing him, but between giving him commands and perhaps taking full sensory control from time to time if Rovana can.. concentrate, can I have him search to procure the gem for her sword?

This is what Rovana wants to do after.. taking in her surroundings. This is all obviously just a clever ruse to distract the lady and her servants to do some pirating. *cough*.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Joe can... sort of explore. But it isn't a perfect mental link. Rovana is either in Joes head or her own.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

We shall see.. theres a chance the gem is with the other mythical stuff at Rovanas current location, another chance its been used unknowingly as simple decorative jewelry, but best to use all options.

In theory Rovana can.. relax and lay back and focus on piloting Joe, but I have a feeling listening to the evil noble dominatrix with an unguarded mind holds risks of its own. :p

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Damn O_O, Gretta did shit and wrecked and saved the civilians of the town. Now to deal with the goblins... How far away is the goblinoid captain? Trying to think on if I can point attack him with Snilloc's snowball swarm. It has 90 feet of range and spending a sorc point via Distal Spell will put it to 180 Ft.

If necessary, Perception roll to gauge distance: 14 (12 + 2)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He's 120ft away. So you can pelt him with snowballs if you use a sorcery point or if you ride towards him

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He's 120ft away. So you can pelt him with snowballs if you use a sorcery point or if you ride towards him
Roleplay as Elsa or Mulan.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This whole thing occurred because Diagasvesle derpgenned an ice sorceress as I was reading thru Birthright material.

I asked him if he would want to play an Elsa.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This whole thing occurred because Diagasvesle derpgenned an ice sorceress as I was reading thru Birthright material.

I asked him if he would want to play an Elsa.
Nailed it.

Not judging, nothing wrong with getting inspired *Says I, playing female sub Jack Sparrow.*

Though I actually have to say, suprisingly, there goes more into a character than you think, I failed at starting Jack at a 0, Rovana is slowly getting there, but still, way too serious, not awesome enough and a work in progress.. but thats a good thing, honestly, no one says that character development can't have a goal in mind, let me know how it goes for you Diagas, I am moderatly curious, I don't usually emulate characters, or rather, the one time or two times I did it prior was an easy instant sucess. ^^

Ironically I find I fight most with overthinking things, though I start to suspect Jack Sparrow doesn't work as an independent lead character, he's like the Doctor, a walking plot device.. or perhaps I'm wrong and this is how he would play out, if his inner fears and workings were exposed... Well, once out of Vallaki Rovana can go more reckless. ^^

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Esvele is just based on a picture of a hot nun. ;~;

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Esvele is just based on a picture of a hot nun. ;~;
And you never even post her pic so up to this day I have no clue what she looks like beyond DM descriptions.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nailed it.

Not judging, nothing wrong with getting inspired *Says I, playing female sub Jack Sparrow.*

Though I actually have to say, suprisingly, there goes more into a character than you think, I failed at starting Jack at a 0, Rovana is slowly getting there, but still, way too serious, not awesome enough and a work in progress.. but thats a good thing, honestly, no one says that character development can't have a goal in mind, let me know how it goes for you Diagas, I am moderatly curious, I don't usually emulate characters, or rather, the one time or two times I did it prior was an easy instant sucess. ^^

Ironically I find I fight most with overthinking things, though I start to suspect Jack Sparrow doesn't work as an independent lead character, he's like the Doctor, a walking plot device.. or perhaps I'm wrong and this is how he would play out, if his inner fears and workings were exposed... Well, once out of Vallaki Rovana can go more reckless. ^^
I would prefer Rovana being far more than a femme Jack. He's a grating character imho.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I would prefer Rovana being far more than a femme Jack. He's a grating character imho.
Hmnn. I feel as if carrying the action requires more thought than the character provides, yes. I personally really like him, but I find myself struggling when things get serious, that said, through that struggle more of a character should be forged in due time, even if the concept remains stable... my only fear is that she might turn out similiar to a lot of my characters archetypes, deceptive CG. ^^

and right now by struggle I mean lewd noble bondage dungeon scene thingie. and 'to submit, or not to submit!' ^^

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I normally prefer my dominatrixes not allowing for the option, but I guess Fiona can try winning the pirate over with honey rather than the scourge.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I normally prefer my dominatrixes not allowing for the option, but I guess Fiona can try winning the pirate over with honey rather than the scourge.
Well, it depends on where you want this to go, naughty times is one thing, but do you want to tempt Rovana into evil servitude for reals with gentle cajoling? For me a lot of things could happen, though Lady Wachters core philosophy would struggle to overcome a fundamental discrepancy, that Ludmilla herself doesn't have this might makes right philosophy.. else she'd have delivered Rovana unto Strahd, soooo whilest the vampiress inspires Rovana into submission, she also inspires her -not- to easily give into evil.

.. really didn't expect random black vampire-spawn bride of Strahd to play so huge a role in this. ^^

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Her picture's always been up in her character sheet, but I guess I ought to have posted it when I got stuck in.

Somewhat relatedly I'm not sure where you lot pulled this post format up from, but no one's yelled at me for not using it yet so hey.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Her picture's always been up in her character sheet, but I guess I ought to have posted it when I got stuck in.

Somewhat relatedly I'm not sure where you lot pulled this post format up from, but no one's yelled at me for not using it yet so hey.
I mandate it in my campaigns and use it when anywhere else, because I think it makes things easier. I guess the others agree. *digs* so thats how she looks. You never posted it OR described her much so I imagined her quite different *shrugs*

By the way, fair warning, if you don't like other characters ignoring what you say..well, Esvele ignored or simply didn't react to Sylvias attempts to engage her, asking her name, asking about her outfit, etc, before telling her to shut up. To be clear, Sylvie is LG and used to nasty superiors so she'll comply.. for a while, but its at the point where she'll be like 'yes sir', without trying to talk or philosophize anymore with Esvele

Last edited: