What's new

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TEAM FORTRESS 2 TOPIC

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: THIS IS THE OFFICIAL TEAM FORTRESS 2 TOPIC

I believe I was, in fact, phone.

I was a member of the ulmf group for a bit, but then I left it because people I knew IRL started asking about my steam account and I am a coward. However, you all are simply people I know, regardless of your interests or where we met, and dropping some eleven odd people off my friends list for damn near no reason at all is a dick move.
I don't even spend that much time in the hentai section.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

For some reason, TF2 started running really badly around the time of the mac update.

Used to be all smooth and fine, but now it's all choppy, skips frames, it's slow..etc. Only TF2 is effected, does anyone else have this?

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I've been getting that too now.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

It's official:

The Wrangler is fucking awesome. So many engies standing still out in the open.

<3 boom, headshot~

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

That's fine, I can just stalk you. It's not like I can't see your profile or anything.

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

It's official:

The Wrangler is fucking awesome. So many engies standing still out in the open.

<3 boom, headshot~
Pff, those Engies must be idiots. I think it's fantastic when snipers try and take me out - So much Wrangler fodder!

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

incubus i hate you even more for sniping on tf2 most useless fucking class in the game please just die

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

haha u suck at snipin obe dont hate

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Pff, sniper is like the only class that's actually fun on pubs.

If I was ever going to main on a class, it'd be medic, but that relies on decent people to medic with, and while my server is better for than than most randoms...

Plus, sniper gets you known to the server, because it's more rage inducing.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

thats what spie is for

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

True, spy would do it as well. But then I'd have to learn spy.

I've already learned how to sniper. Point and click, and be faster than the other guy.

And the Ghastly Gibus is not their head. For some reason, that hat, and that hat alone, throws off my aim.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Asking almost any competitive player what the problem is with teams in pubs will be answered with "too many snipers"

But yeah, it's fun. The only reason I'm ok with being a sniper sometimes is because I DON'T stay back. My main weapon is the jarate and am ok with completely sacrificing myself to get spread out a collection of enemies with a well-timed piss bomb.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Asking almost any competitive player what the problem is with teams in pubs will be answered with "too many snipers"

But yeah, it's fun. The only reason I'm ok with being a sniper sometimes is because I DON'T stay back. My main weapon is the jarate and am ok with completely sacrificing myself to get spread out a collection of enemies with a well-timed piss bomb.
See, in our server, bad snipers usually don't last long, because each team usually has at least one good sniper. If not a good sniper, than a good scout or spy. Either way, the sniper death rate is quite high if you aren't good enough to play with the big boys.

If we've got more than 2 on a side, the team will start telling the lower scoring snipers to swap classes. Personally, I usually find the biggest problem with pub teams is the lack of a decent medic. Or, when you actually do have a decent medic player, playing medic, they get sick of it because there aren't enough medic buddy classes or the people playing them suck. (This has been a big problem since the engie update)

Don't use jarate, personally. I find the SMG too damn useful to give up. Most underrated weapon in the game.

Also, fun fact: you can't play in offline practice mode if your attempt to connect to VAC servers times out due to shitty internet. So much for "offline" practice, huh?

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I found a map type called Team Fortress Dodge Ball. I found my favorite game.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

The SMG's underrated? You're kidding, right? Every ten snipers I see, seven have the SMG, two have Jarate, and the fuck-all retarded single person has Razorback. I think the SMG is pretty well praised in this game as it is.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't care what Snipers use so long as they stop with their goddamn 4 Snipers per team mini-wars on 2Fort's balcony.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

The SMG's underrated? You're kidding, right? Every ten snipers I see, seven have the SMG, two have Jarate, and the fuck-all retarded single person has Razorback. I think the SMG is pretty well praised in this game as it is.
Eh, maybe US servers are different. I see a hell of a lot more Jarate and Razorbacks in the Aus servers. Maybe Jarate 5, Razorback 3, SMG 2.

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

I don't care what Snipers use so long as they stop with their goddamn 4 Snipers per team mini-wars on 2Fort's balcony.
And that is when you start trolling the other team with battlements demospam or a wrangled sentry.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

2fort is a terrible map anyways.

In my server, people only nominate it for mapvote to troll.

Zideeane

Scallywag Homobeard
Reputation score

's wrong with you?