What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Project X

Oh lawd.

It's definitely not 1 full second in the version I have (demo 2.0), and the first few don't even feel like 0.5. They all seem the same, and the exclamaiton mark comes way before the sound for me. By the time the sound comes, it's too late >.<

On further analysis, I do not think that each enemy has the same warning time. The earth worms definitely feel faster than all ofther monsters, and the mouth at the end feels no slower.

Last edited:

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

Is there any end to lvl 2 boss?

I got bored after beating him back into the ground 8 or so times but he just keeps coming back up ...

Pretty rediculous too that his hitbox is like a mile wide, you are basically swatting at the air but still hitting the vines and mouth.

Makes it really easy to beat him.

Carver

Lurker
Reputation score

Is there any end to lvl 2 boss?

I got bored after beating him back into the ground 8 or so times but he just keeps coming back up ...

Pretty rediculous too that his hitbox is like a mile wide, you are basically swatting at the air but still hitting the vines and mouth.

Makes it really easy to beat him.
Kill the big plant raping the girl.

Reputation score

Does this version have those secret spots with the characters getting raped and the Chaos Emeralds?

Guye

Lurker
Reputation score

Does this version have those secret spots with the characters getting raped and the Chaos Emeralds?
This question has been answerer about four to five posts up listing the location of the two current secret rooms. In short, yes. Seeing as this game was made by people who hung out on the Toon Pimp forum (and the large space left open at the character select screen) I imagine we're going to be seeing some unlockable characters thrown in eventually. Anybody got any ideas on that?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

(Shitty jumping? This was inspired by tp) I didn't understand the blog, was it saying she already fine-tuned the leaves or that she would, cuz I'm falling through the direct middle of these things.

Also, I wish there was some easier way of getting to other levels or a better save system. I don't exactly have XSI's patience to run through the game right now with every character to see each of the animations of the second level. Maybe just sprites in the download or something.

All in all-awesome addition to an already awesome idea.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

For the jumping, you can jump on every one of the leaves if you position yourself in the middle of the road you're on before jumping. Don't go up or down, just stay in the center and jump. Every single one of the leaves can be jumped on that way.

Took me a while to figure that out, but it makes it a lot easier.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Didn't really help me since that's what I had done from the start :(

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Just use the secret room to avoid most of the leaves.

CopperTop47

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

(Shitty jumping? This was inspired by tp)
Also, I wish there was some easier way of getting to other levels or a better save system. I don't exactly have XSI's patience to run through the game right now with every character to see each of the animations of the second level. Maybe just sprites in the download or something.
Gonna have to agree with you on this one... and i beat the last plant mouth+vines and beat the demo, and if i want to go back to the start of the leaf forest, i have to play through the entire first stage again... slightly annoying, but still the game play is better than most games i've seen on here.

sureaboutthis

Lurker
Reputation score

So I'm the only one who liked the leaf jumping part? Huh.

I'm an old-school NES player, I'm used to no saves, instant death pits, limited lives, etc. If you run out of lives, you start the game over from the first stage.

Also I used to walk 2 miles to school in the snow.

Guye

Lurker
Reputation score

I think the complaints are about the strange hitboxes on the leaves and not on the inclusion of a jumping section itself. Falling straight through a spot you assumed to be solid and losing a life can be frustrating.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also I used to walk 2 miles to school in the snow.
I can juggle two active chainsaws while singing 99 Red Balloons. *smirks*

I had a problem since I was Amy (crappy jumping ability), and since I was trying to jump diagonally like almost everyone else, thinking I had to.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I immediately assumed diagonal jumping was probably a bad idea and it wasn't programmed for that, so I stayed straight on and still had trouble with the detection.

And I don't understand that argument about video games. I've spent on average about 6-7 hours a day on a console until I was 15, when I changed mostly over to PC and the hours are now more like 7-8. And I had older brothers so that I tried to emulate them before I knew what I was doing. Most people remember the first game they played, I was doing them before I could form memories, just because I was copying behavior. So when I actually knew what the hell I was doing, I had a library of about 100 NES games, and worked my way up through the consoles. And in all that time and all those games, not A SINGLE GAME in all that time was so glitched that you'd go THROUGH THE MIDDLE of objects. It doesn't piss me off when I experience it in a flash game, because it's a fucking flash game and I expect it, but what pisses me off is when people try to use that as an excuse as if the two situations are even at all comparable.

That wasn't directed entirely at you coppertop, as I assume along with guye that you were just talking about the section, not the said problems in that section. It's just that this isn't the first time I've had to hear that.

CopperTop47

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

actually toxic i really had no problem with the leaf part... yea i fell through the first like 50 times, but eventually i got it down, i don't even try for the secret room there because that seems more difficult than jumping across the last 3 leaves... and really, i won't take offense to anything on here...for some reason this place just seems oh so right to me :D

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh I only did it once, technically one and a half cuz I checked the secret room but there are still issues.

But yeah, it's so much easier to finish the level on top I think

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

....You can't land on the leaves during or right after they shake. I had the most trouble with that part when playing as Zeta. Ironically, I played as Amy, and made it through on my first try.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Oh shit, that's it? didn't even notice the movement. Well, if that was intentional or not, I don't know but I guess I'll have to actually time that now.

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

The first thing that popped to mind when I did the leaves jumping thing was the angry video game nerd's review of the wizard of oz :p

Btw It would rock if they made like a gallery system if you beat the game like in demon girl.

Pick your girl and pick what moster has to do her ;)

Lipucd

Lurker
Reputation score

Current updates for 2.1:
Platforming w/ leafs has been changed. Now is thin platform jumping, but as new video showed, is again, quite doable, but now one mus move an jump in that segment far more then if it was just the fives shaking leaves.

2nd Boss has been changed: Vore attack no longer insta kills, instead victim gets raped in the bosses mouth, then spat out dealing ALLOT of damage ( Zu will die if she's taken ANY damage before hand as it does 50, and she at max has 60 ). Vine now move far faster, and the boss overall has more HP meaning it takes even LONGER to kill.

...Backlash anyone?