What's new

The Ranting/Debate Thread

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Ranting/Debate Thread

Huh. Toxic plays Borderlands. Go figger.

Also, SOLDIER FOR LIFE. YOU FUCKING PUSSY STICKY SPAMMING NIGGERS. GO TO HELL. BETTER YET, I'LL BLAST YOU THERE. NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT BECAUSE I'M JUGGLING YOUR SAD ASS.

Anyway, when I'm stuck on maggot demo team, I go for drunken flying demoman kills. I've got 7 so far. It's like suiciding since I don't play for real, but if I get a chance, I fly and I strike. So fun. I also make everybody on my team rage by putting up soldier support posters over their demo ones. lawl.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just keep nerfing us queerbag, everyone's just so sad they dont know how to LOOK AROUND.

Yeah, borderlands is good, I talked about it a bit before. I'm making a hunter that is bloodwing powers only and Im naming him Peanut!

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Yeah, it's funny in BL how different colored text can make all the difference in selling >.<
I had a purple sniper with 98 accuracy, 400 damage, 5.0 refire rate, X4 fire damage and very high elemental, and a white sniper with the same stats. The purple sold for 5-6X what the white one would have sold for...

From what I've played of TF2, the Soldier is pretty much anti-anything with those rockets.

And as for the Hunter in BL...

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, but however unfairly it is more socially acceptable for females to be bi than men which makes more women open about it and which ultimately makes it seem like only girls are allowed to be bi which makes it sexist to call someone bi which makes it even more awkward and socially inacceptable to mention it in public which makes it an even more confusing and commonly avoided topic, throwing it into the dark and essentially putting it in a little chest marked "do not read" and that just makes more people who don't know about bi and what it is and what it means curious which means more heated debate and arguments and problems in the long run ---
Well I've had some experimentation on myself, but let's be honest, that's not really the same thing.

But yeah, curiosity is all I have to go on. I've been asexual in a way (probably just the social definition of it, not a scientific one) and even with a chosen sexuality, I still put no effort into trying anything with anyone. I take your advice of not letting it be a big deal, but run in the opposite direction of it, going, "Sex? Ehh, I'm already in a bed? .. why wouldn't I just sleep then?" I have no focus on it, and it's not even a fear of failure, it's just a can't be bothered to try, cuz I feel like there's not much to actually gain.

I'm the opposite of most guys I know. They all sleep around a shitload and need a serious relationship, if not just for a month, to sort of anchor them down in some way. I actually need a one night stand or something like that, but it won't happen cuz I can't imagine myself doing something like that, just not that type of guy.
At least, that's my own theory, but then again, who's more objectionable on a personal matter than one's self.
On the topic of women allowed to be bi, buts its bad for men. Women who sleep around still get that negative "slut" image/label. Wheras men who sleep about are considered heroes. o_O

I think this is something that should be fixed. Men bitch about women not putting out... cause women don't want that label fixed to them. Else they probly would be more open to letting themselves go wild.

Then of course ye get women like me and Chibs who just don't care.
Are you comparing hentai rape to watching real rape or committing rape? Because you'd be surprised how common rape fantasies are with people, both committing it and victimized by it. There's a HUGE line between fantasy and reality and anyone who tries to draw any parallels between it doesn't understand a thing about psychology or how the world works.

In terms of exchange, thats a huge debate with sexuality and why I say gender is less black and white than people assume. Do you judge gender by chromosomes, by genitalia (if so, only functioning or not), by state of mind? It's all very arguable area
Look deeper. The reason bisexual females are more socially acceptable than bisexual males is because men are the ideal (due to religion, due to the fact that societies used to be hunter-gatherer cultures, whatever). Women who are masculine are "strong," while men who are feminine are "weak."

Keep in mind that I'm fully aware that not all gay men are effeminate and not all gay women are masculine and vice versa for straight people. It's the stereotype I'm talking about. And because of the fact that it's socially acceptable for a woman to act like a man but not the other way around, men who are effeminate stand out a LOT more. Words like "fairy" and "fag" come to mind about flamboyantly gay men, whereas I can't really think of any particular slurs about gay women.

I don't think the negative connotation is applied directly to bisexual men, only the flamboyantly bisexual men - which unfortunately is linked to the stereotype that all gay men are effeminate. If you want to be bisexual, go right ahead - but if you want to avoid the connotation, either do something about it and be one of those men who everybody is surprised to learn hits for both teams, or (my personal favorite option) just stop caring about the connotations one way or the other. So people call you a fairy. So what? It's just a word. Words can only hurt you if you let them. So your sexual status isn't socially acceptable. Who cares? You're not hurting anybody, as long as you're not one of those retarded P&P fucks. Does it really matter what everybody else thinks of you, if what you're doing makes you happy?

Once you realize the fact that people who are trying to hurt you are usually just doing they only thing they know how to do in order to cover up their own hurt, it gets a lot easier. The other people are just doing it from sheer blind ignorance - which, while frustrating, at least puts you in the cloak of safety of knowing that you're better than them and thus their opinions don't count either way.

Also, sorry if this comes off as slightly ranty. People who complain about things that are or are not socially acceptable annoy me. I mean, I understand that prejudice is a real issue and a huge problem in human society, but in most cases it's like somebody who gets all butt-hurt over somebody else's religion. Who the fuck cares what they think? The only thing that matters is what YOU think, as narcissistic as that might sound. The only time it should bother you is if you get fired or not hired due to prejudice, you know, when it endangers your livelihood. But even with that, there are almost always ways you can think positively about it. If you accept the fact that prejudice is part of the human condition and will NEVER go away (or at least not in our lifetimes), think of it like running into traffic. You can't really avoid it, it's going to happen sometimes. And if you get fired from a job because of prejudice, did you really want to be working there in the first place? Wouldn't it be in your best interests to find a different job where there is no such prejudice? And at least if you get fired and can prove it was for a prejudicial reason, you'll probably be getting quite a lot of money.

Anyway, that's why that annoys me. Feel free to disagree - I'll freely admit that I've never been discriminated against for something that wasn't just wrong - for example I've been discriminated against because the person thought I was gay when I'm not, but I've never been discriminated because of my race or gender. Which falls into the category of "plz don't talk about it when you don't know about it." *shrug*
Your entire rant seems to go on about how people should jsts get over the prejudice against them. Well last I checked, homosexuals are still being savagely beaten, sometimes to death. Parents are still booting their teenage children to the street for being homosexual.

As for women being "strong" as good, well I've gotten called names and crap behind my back all the time for having muscles and being a woman, so I don't know where you got that little bit of information from. I don't let it bug me, but I'm just pointing it out.

And you know what, it fucking sucks having names thrown at your constantly. Never hearing a good word, and only being put down is pretty fucking harsh. Its easy to brush it off if it doesn't happen to you, but it sucks.
Hrm...I'm not sure how you all interpretted it, but I don't have a problem with gays. Hell, one of my best friends is gay and the other is bi, and my bro is gay too.

Anyway, the only 'prejudice' I have is whether people are useful or not. I know it may sound cruel, but it disgusts me whenever I see someone asking for money on the street. If you're not gonna go out and earn it yourself you don't deserve to have it. If you're not helping society then you're better off not living. That and the damn immigrants who come over here to work then send the money over to their goddamned country. Fucking hell, put the money back into our economy instead of pumping it into your own countries.
technically they are pumping it back into their own families, not country. you make it sound like espionage.
I guess you need to ask yourself would you actually DO it IRL or would you want someone to do the same to you? I believe (whether its right or not is another thing) that hentai is the same thing as people playing WoW or other RPGs. Do you think you're an elf or a wizard? Do you hack people with swords IRL? You just have to decide on what you YOURSELF would actually DO irl and be able to distinguish and pay mind to that thin red line. IMO anyways.
So, as for this subject. Human beings are pretty much the most advanced life-forms that we know. This happens to be true because of our ability to understand, calculate, process and determine everything around us. Now initially there is a process that I would explain, but I have to keep my mouth shut until later...

Point is; humans can create whatever they want... but the process of creation depends on how that person's logic was developed. The trick to the development of logic, is that the smallest deviations can make the biggest difference when someone is thinking about something (or initially calculating).

So because of the complexity to our process of thinking, anyone can be anything.

Now, the big problem here is misunderstanding. No one will ever 100% agree on everything; there will always be at least 1 disagreement for 1 subject. However, that's if life was 100% controlled; meaning all people thought the same.

In our society today, disagreements are at large due to emotions. People are developing logic that is based around fear and hate, lust and greed. People are making choices based initially on those emotions.

Does it truthfully matter if someone is gay or not? The only reason troubles come from such segregation, is due to those lovely emotions. People are afraid of being ridiculed or whatever. Now, from what my friend tells me and because I believe it...

...There would be no reason to segregate people based on sex preference; unless it turned out to physically harm someone... as mental harm doesn't really exist (course, unless there is physical harm to the brain). Yet, when people say... "Oohhh... the sight of two gay people kissing is hurting me" ... no, they're full of shit. Now, if those two gay people had flaming hot lips that burnt you're ear because they kissed you... maybe then you have a reason. =3

Ya see, us being this incredible dark mass of perversion, intelligence and personality, we could effectively rule the world. WE should be the government... the world would be better off, I mean seriously. We solve big issues like this so effectively, what about poverty? Conflicts? So on... we could solve those, I mean we just solved discrimination.... (if only the world read these debates...)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Don't knock the bloodwing, that thing fucking rocks. Hunter is amazing in general

boss spoiler
On my second playthrough with the hunter, I picked up a sniper in kroms canyon that does 725 and x4 blast. In the past, my strategy for taking out Krom was the way I deal with most people, charge up the entire fucking thing as fast as possible and rush him, then take everyone else out on the way down. However, this time I decided I'd try out my new sniper rifle. As soon as he spawned, I aimed my rifle up and took a single shot and the entire thing exploded. This thing fucking rocks and I'm never getting rid of it.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

That last line in your little "rant" (This is the ranting/debate thread, not the "srry bout the rant guyz" thread, don't apologize) actually brings up an entirely different debate for me. Why do people say "Well, you haven't done this, so you can't criticize it!" YES. I. FUCKING. CAN.
Agreed. I was more saying "I apologize if I'm wrong, and the reason is this." Because it's true that if you haven't experienced something, chances are you might be wrong about what you think you know about it. That doesn't mean you're not allowed to state your views though.

@sinful: eh, yeah, I hadn't thought of dyke. But as for the prejudicial brutality, like I said, that's relatively uncommon when compared to all the other prejudicial actions people take. I think I even said that things like that are another case altogether. Also, if your parents are so shallow minded that they would kick you out for something you were born with, I'll reiterate: do you really want to live with them in the first place?
I'm going to have to finish this later - I'm late >.>

I will add one little thing though: where did I get the idea that women being strong is a good thing - are you serious? haven't you ever heard of rosie the riveter?

Last edited:
OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm no good at arguing over TF2. All I know is that all demomen are MAGGOTS.

Also, drunken flying demoman kills just hit 20.

Also also,

Y'all niggas is goin' down.

Last edited:
E

Exofluke

Why don't we get back into a discussion about why any rape related hentai should remain rape instead of submission.

Seriously, I'd be proud of stick up for such a rule of thumb. =P

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Why don't we get back into a discussion about why any rape related hentai should remain rape instead of submission.

Seriously, I'd be proud of stick up for such a rule of thumb. =P
I think you need a balance. There are plenty who would prefer to see rape, but there's just as many who like consensual/ submission.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

technically they are pumping it back into their own families, not country. you make it sound like espionage.
Hrm...missed this yesterday.

Anywho, regardless of whether they're sending it to their families or not the money is still being pumped back into their own economy once they spend it and not into the economy that it came from, effectively weakening our economy even more. Sure, I may be wrong about that but thats what it seems like to me.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, I guess it could weaken your economy... If there were a lot of these fuckers, but thing is, there's not enought of them to cause real damage. I would also like ot point out that while it may be bad for economy short-term, the money goes to education and development of the country, which then leads to needs for consumer products that the the developed countries produce.

It's the good old lump of iron= scissors...

E

Exofluke

I think you need a balance. There are plenty who would prefer to see rape, but there's just as many who like consensual/ submission.
What I'd like is a balance for all the creators of the content... A balance so the amount of hardcore content will be equal (or close to) how much softer content there is. The more we start to shift sides and push certain genres aside, the more we'll start to welcome ideas of fantasy + reality (which is a very bad thing).

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I'm no good at arguing over TF2. All I know is that all demomen are MAGGOTS.

Also, drunken flying demoman kills just hit 20.

Y'all niggas is goin' down.
So, uh, Obe. Does your finger hurt from just rocket spamming all day long everyday? It's too bad that it's all Soldiers ever do.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, uh, Obe. Does your finger hurt from just rocket spamming all day long everyday? It's too bad that it's all Soldiers ever do.
So, uh, Dark. Does your butt hurt from the fact that the soldiers are rolling the demomen in kills and that 90% of demomen sticky spam, and that you're in a minority in that you're a "good" demoman, and you shouldn't be sitting here, discussing it with me, now should you?

wait what
I forgot where I was going with that. In other news, demomen are niggers and you hate america.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

So uh, Obe, did you know I have 611 soldier kills now?

... No. I don't. I was lying. I'm sorry.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Fag soldiers don't play fair, what with all your fancy mods and bullshit to screw demos over. Its funny how many people I see playing demo shitty on purpose, and I dont really see the same for soldiers.

Pussies

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So uh, Obe, did you know I have 611 soldier kills now?

... No. I don't. I was lying. I'm sorry.
Doesn't matter, I'd STILL have more demoman kills than you have soldier kills. <3 Also, I have 23 soldier kills from meleeing. I'm the best demoman ever.

Fag soldiers don't play fair, what with all your fancy mods and bullshit to screw demos over. Its funny how many people I see playing demo shitty on purpose, and I dont really see the same for soldiers.

Pussies
There are more people bullshitting demoman because there are WAY more pro soldier players than pro demoman players. That's just how it is. I've seen some people with [DEMOMAN] in their names playing on soldier, but I never notice them dicking around. Even demomen supporters respect the soldier enough to play the class correctly. Nobody gives a shit about demomen lawl.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

What I'd like is a balance for all the creators of the content... A balance so the amount of hardcore content will be equal (or close to) how much softer content there is. The more we start to shift sides and push certain genres aside, the more we'll start to welcome ideas of fantasy + reality (which is a very bad thing).
Agreed. Some like hardcore, some soft. There's needs to be content to appeal to everyone. What I mean by that is not that one piece needs to please everybody, but that there is someone out there for everyone.

E

Exofluke

Whoever left that lovely comment to my neg rep.....

Go fuck your mother.

------------

Agreed. Some like hardcore, some soft. There's needs to be content to appeal to everyone. What I mean by that is not that one piece needs to please everybody, but that there is someone out there for everyone.
but that's the problem. It's not really fair at the moment... because many great artists are creating content that will either:

1. Get them the most commissions (money).
2. Get them the most popularity.

Suck fest...