What's new

The Dungeon of Debauchery: Mind Flayer's CYOAs.

Dracador

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: The Dungeon of Debauchery: Mind Flayer's CYOAs.

A, have Mia don the amulet but leave reading the scroll for later. One unknown at a time, eh? They'd probably still better hold hands, in case something ... interesting ... happens. Not for any other purpose, at all. No, not in the slightest

Last edited:

NorthernCross

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

A Have Mia don the amulet. Have Mia hold onto you while opening the scroll, just in case if it's another teleport scroll.

Last edited:

dorl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A Take both items, (btw if we used a teleportation scroll, shouldn't be able to identify them now?), have Mia hold onto you while reading the scroll if it's one of the teleport variety.
Check out the amulet?

Green_Jay

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

A) Let's put on the amulet and stash the scroll.

A

aguy

A. Mia can wear the amulet, and then open the scroll, while holding hands. I mean seriously, we can't just hold onto them and not know what they do, that would just be cruel.

Is there a way/stat for identifying items/scrolls/potions without activating them? Or is that just a risk we have to take?

Last edited by a moderator:

nightshade99

Reputation score

A. Don the amulet and check the scroll.

MageWarrior210

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A) Don Amulet and Read the Scroll

A. Mia can wear the amulet, and then open the scroll, while holding hands. I mean seriously, we can't just hold onto them and not know what they do, that would just be cruel.

Is there a way/stat for identifying items/scrolls/potions without activating them? Or is that just a risk we have to take?
If there is, we may/may not have missed it outright... and let's face it, in most Roguelike games, you have to be willing to take the Plunge in order to beat the game...

Kln

Reputation score

Holding hands is actually a good idea. Also, the scroll is useless unless we know what it does, and I prefer using it and have a bad surprise now, rather than in the middle of a fight.

A give the amulet to Elena and read the scroll while Mia holds us, just in case.

OP
Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Just so you all know, in case you've never played Nethack before. You have already identified the scroll of teleportation, which means every time you see one you'll know what it is. Same with all items that have been identified. Also @ aguy, the way I'm trying to do the identification system is just like Nethacks is, which can be kind of scary at times, as there are the scrolls of identify, one spell that does it for a huge cost in magic, and sometimes a couple of other special ways to identify items. So that's how it is in Dungeon of Debauchery.

In Nethack there is a scroll of amnesia which causes you to lose the knowledge of what some items are and you'll end up having to re-identify them again, but I do not have that scroll in this game as of yet. I do however have a couple of... special scrolls that can cause some bad things to happen, but sometimes that's the risk you gotta take in order to get some good things. But don't worry people, I'm not going to have Elena get killed like some people do in their CYOAs so read scrolls and drink potions to your hearts content, or rather have Elena do so.

Anyway though I hope that answered your questions folks, I'll get to updating later today sometime, cause I'm a little busy right now and just checked on here and saw the questions about this.

Zephyrion

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A. Give the amulet to Mia, it's her gift after all. Read the scroll.

Genius700

Sex Demon
Reputation score

A - Take the amulet and read the scroll. Then have Mia flail around with the dagger so we can identify that too :D

OP
Mind Flayer

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

(A) Take both items and read the scroll, and from the way I've counted the votes it's to have Elena put the amulet on as well, if not then tell me.

"Well the amulet there looks pretty Elena. Why don't you go ahead and put it on, it might be a powerful magic item," Mia suggested about the amulet to Elena.

"Well I'm not very sure honestly Mia, I'm actually a little afraid to put it on to tell you the truth. You never know what it might really be. I mean I don't feel any evil aura from it or anything, but that doesn't mean it still couldn't be something bad," Elena replied, looking sceptically at the amulet in her hand.

"Well then why don't we read the scroll, it may help us. I still think you'd look pretty in that necklace though," Mia then suggested, looking a little down about Elena not wanting to wear the amulet.

Elena unrolled the scroll and the two looked at it for a moment, seeing the ancient language it was written in, which neither could read. They glanced at one another and decided to try reading it to see what would happen. After Elena pronounced the words on the old parchment, she suddenly felt a bit of knowledge flow through into her brain, telling her to choose something and she could just feel that whatever she decided to choose she'd find out everything about it. Elena quickly tells Mia about this item and what she feels that its going to allow her to do. (Elena has read a scroll of identify, choose any one item in either Elena's or Mia's possession that is unidentified to them, whether it's in their inventory or a worn item, or an item being wielded.)

"Wow, what should we use that on then Elena?" Mia asked, a look of adventure on her face, before Elena could reply, she smiled and said, "You know, we got some good luck with that scroll so why don't you go ahead and put that amulet on Elena. We could use that scroll power to figure out everything about something else instead."

Elena mulled it over for a moment and decided that they had gotten some good luck with the scroll, and said to herself why not. Elena decided to go ahead and put it on and slipped it over her head and around her neck.

As soon as she slipped the necklace on Elena felt a little strange, there was a tingling feeling between her legs and when she looked down she saw a bulge in her robes where there wasn't one before. She quickly pulled her robes open to reveal something that wasn't there before... a large twelve inch long two inch thick penis, which thankfully wasn't erect right now.

"Oh my god... Mia i-is this what I think it is?" Elena asked her friend in a calm voice as she looked down between her legs at the new appendage, somehow keeping calm during all this. Mia nodded her head at Elena, who took a deep breath and let it out slowly, trying to keep calm about this... but after the second breath she couldn't contain herself any longer and let out a scream. (Identified amulet of change, which force turns the wearer into a futanari, or if a futanari already turns the wearer into a regular girl. The way they work is that they disintegrate after being put on, leaving the one that put it on one or the other above. But hey look at it this way, at least its identified now right ^_^... also I swear this was the item I rolled for, I did in no way just choose it because I felt like it, just so you all know. There is a however a special artifact type amulet of the same kind that allows the wearer to pretty much choose which they want to be and doesn't disintegrate after usage, but it takes up the neck slot for worn items.)

After a couple of minutes of panicking, Elena managed to calm down, deciding that there was nothing to do about the situation now that it was already done. So she took a deep breath and let it out slowly to relax and compose herself again. When Elena reached up to grab the amulet and pull it off, she found that it was no longer there and had disintegrated.

"Elena... I'm so sorry for pushing you into putting that thing on. I hope you can forgive me," Mia said, hanging her head in shame for urging Elena to put the amulet on, which was now nowhere to be seen.

"(sigh)... It's okay Mia, it isn't totally your fault, I chose to go ahead and put it on anyway after reading the scroll, which I could have used to check and see what it was first before putting it on. I should have listened to my gut when it said not to put it on," Elena told Mia, letting her know that it wasn't completely her fault.

Elena still had the decision to identify one item that they had from the scroll that she'd read a few minutes before.

So what should they do now huh?

Elena's stuff:
Elena's current stats:
HP: 20/20, Pw/SE: 32/32, PP: 0/21, AC: 1/1, Status: quite a bit shocked about being turned into a futanari, but otherwise fine

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations

Equipment being worn:
1. Specially designed magic robe(+2 magic to-hit, dmg, & non combat rolls, but gives no AC.)
2. An uncursed +0 Witches hat(+1 AC, +2 to all magic rolls)

Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 6
Speed: 9
Willpower: 8
Magic: 13 (+2 to all magic rolls)
Health: 6

XP level 3 - 10 points
CP level 0 - 30 points

Elena's skills & powers:
Basic attack with staff: 1d6 + strength modifier

1. Avenging light – deals 1d10 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
2. Heavens lightning – deals 1d8 lightning + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 5 Pw to use)
3. Blinding light – doesn't deal any dmg, but blinds all enemies in room assuming it hits all of them for 2 turns, being blinded causes -10 to all attack rolls & -5 to evasion rolls. (costs 8 Pw to use)
4. Holy beam – deals 2d8 radiant + magic modifier dmg on hit. (costs 15 Pw to use)
5. Light heal – casting recovers 1d8 + magic modifier on the one it is cast on. Automatically succeeds on a cast. (costs 8 Pw to use)
6. (Passive) Elena's corruption caps at level 15 instead of level 10.

Mia's stuff:
Mia's current stats
HP: 13/13, SE: 13/13, PP: 0/15, status

Inventory and equipment:
Inventory:
1. 5 food rations

Equipment being worn:
1. Light scale mail (gives +2 AC)

Mia's Attributes, XP, and CP:
Strength: 10(+1 to all strength rolls)
Speed: 11(+1 to all speed rolls)
Willpower: 6
Magic: 6
Health: 5(-1 to all health rolls)

XP level 2 – 45 points
CP level 0 – 43 points

Mia's skills:
Mia is dual wielding her Elven longsword and the unidentified dagger Elena gave her. Basic attack with her +0 Elven longsword – weapon dmg is 1d8 +2 +str (Mia's weapon cannot be enchanted past a +2), Basic attack with her dagger is 1d4 +0 +str (Currently unidentified so she doesn't know any other properties)

1. Slice and dice – deals 1W + strength & speed modifier dmg. (costs 5 SE to use)
2. Deep cut: deals 1W + strength modifier dmg, and causes 5 ongoing dmg, (costs 10 SE to use)
3. Perfect balance (passive skill): Mia gains +2 evasion and cannot be unbalanced.

Here is a list of identified items after reading the new scroll and after putting the amulet on:
Scrolls of teleportation
Aphrodisiac potions.
Scrolls of identify
Potions of gain attribute.
Amulets of change.

Options:

(A) - Go ahead and move on east now, while identifying something. (Choose what, but there's really only one item you can and that would be the dagger Mia has.)

(B) - Go ahead and move on east now, while saving the identify from the scroll until later. (Yes I will allow this, but only in certain circumstances. So remind me later if I forget about it okay.)

(C) - Other.

(Just so you all know, I made the rolls for the two items when I decided to have the harpy bring them as a sort of reward, which I gave to the two because I figured they deserved something for such a hard fight and all.)

Edit: Thanks go out to Dracodor for remembering the aphrodisiac potions, for I had forgotten them.

Last edited:

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

C : Charm Mia ...

No I'm kidding : if nobody follow my path (yeah, why not after all ><), I choose B.

dorl

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

B.
The dagger *works*, that should be enough for us since we can't use it anyway (a bit selfish perhaps, but I think we should keep that identify for some staff or robe).

Dracador

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

"That's a very large... appendage you have there, dear"
"All the better to fuck things with!"

B, the dagger's doing no harm (yet). Also, should we not know about aphrodesic potions as well, given that we managed to drink one and *avoided* having any fun?

NorthernCross

Reputation score

... also I swear this was the item I rolled for, I did in no way just choose it because I felt like it, just so you all know.
I would make a </suspiciously specific denial> joke here, but... nah...

Also, curses! Why must you post just as my break ends?! j/k I even saw part of the conversation in the shoutbox but I was literally in the locker room.

As for my choice, I'll go with B.

Last edited:
A

aguy

B. well that was... unexpected...

nightshade99

Reputation score

B. As well.

Genius700

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I guess I'll vote B with everyone, but not knowing exactly what that dagger does is going to bother me :/