What's new

ACT [Terrarium] Anthophobia (RJ166403)

alimagno619

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Anthophobia

Btw, did anybody beat the game in hardest difficulty yet? I may challange dat
Funny enough, I was playing the game on highest difficulty, thinking that I set it on easy.
I got stuck on the last boss before realizing it though. Didn't beat it on highest, but close enough.

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Funny enough, I was playing the game on highest difficulty, thinking that I set it on easy.
I got stuck on the last boss before realizing it though. Didn't beat it on highest, but close enough.
Kinda get the feeling that the difficulty isn't easy/normal/hard, but more like easyPewPew/easy/normal

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Kinda get the feeling that the difficulty isn't easy/normal/hard, but more like easyPewPew/easy/normal
The game got a lot of complaints in the early stages about how hard it was. What's now Survival mode was the only difficulty, hit collision was far more generous to the enemies, and there weren't as many combat options.

alias34

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The expanded H-gallery isn't bound to the bosses, but to the "beat every stage on X difficulty" achievements, I'm fairly certain. Its a small difference but it was what kept me from unlocking it, since I did most bosses completely out of order, and didn't get the completion achievement because of that until retreading some levels later.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The expanded H-gallery isn't bound to the bosses, but to the "beat every stage on X difficulty" achievements, I'm fairly certain. Its a small difference but it was what kept me from unlocking it, since I did most bosses completely out of order, and didn't get the completion achievement because of that until retreading some levels later.
No, I got it by killing the boss with the stage skip cheat and getting the boss achievement.

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The game got a lot of complaints in the early stages about how hard it was. What's now Survival mode was the only difficulty, hit collision was far more generous to the enemies, and there weren't as many combat options.
Really? Never noticed. Played through ver1.00 on hardest difficulty. Maybe not everyone is cut out for that.

RadeonX1950

Sex Demon
Reputation score

No, I got it by killing the boss with the stage skip cheat and getting the boss achievement.
Can confirm, extended gallery was unlocked when I killed 6 bosses on EZPZ difficulty.

OP
Sourjelly

Sourjelly

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I also encountered a bug. After I deleted the "Arm mouth" boss in the bunker, I realised that I couldn't go back up or down the elevator to investigate rooms I'd left unchecked

So, beyond bugfixes and such, what are the future plans? A 2.0, or a new game entirely?
I'm sorry for your what you had while playing this game. unfortunately once you defeat the boss, the game recognized it as "game cleared" so you can not go back and search other area. you can only proceed to the ending. so it's not a bug X_X;;;

V2.00 in on plan. You will get another update. :p

Props to your work, Sourjelly. Its a good game (from what I've played of the demo). I just wish you had some easier purchasing options!
Thank you! Anthophobia will be available on Nutaku as well! I believe that will be easier way to purchase :D

Having an issue with the 3rd level when I try to open the elevator after re-powering the doors it suddenly brings me back to the main menu.
Seems like you are playing the patreon day one version.
try to download newest version [v1.5.0.3]

Sorry to ask this, but is there uncensor patch for the latest dlsite version of the game??
Plz allow me few more days since I need more time to test it X_X;;

I'm surprised that Mike Inel pledged to this. Btw, did anybody beat the game in hardest difficulty yet? I may challange dat

Edit01: Damn, even Zone Archive was involved. The Lewd Underground network is bigger than I thought!

Bug report
I was fighting the first boss ... [...], I ended up in an infinity elevator loop ~~~ Wohooo ...!
No, really, I don't know why the game doesn't continue.
Oh, eh, I noticed. The boss just fell down after I shot his arms off. That's why it didn't continue. Like, he fell just downwards. There was no 2nd phase fight. Seems like he didn't grab the elevator, lol

I stood at the entrance of the elevator. I pressed the 'shoot' button accidently and suddenly the camera switched to some dark place. Here, a little video I made. You can barely see the dark room, hahaha. SFXs still did its job. I just turned off the audio recording

Put some save files in the attachment. Dunno. Maybe the dev can check dat.

The game does slow down after a while, doesn't it? I've 16 GB RAM >.>

Checkpoints are kinda exploitable. Intended? In front of the elevator door for the 1st boss, I picked up the clothing and ammunition. Closed the game. Started it again. My cloth-status/armor/defense/whatever was saved. And the armor pack resetted. The ammo pack, too!

Welp. At last, at some point the game worked correctly again.
まだまだ終わり!!
lol, gonna continue sometime later

wow that's super rare bug, o_O?! Thank you for the information!
I'll investigate the source of crash and fix it as soon as possible!

Regarding game slow down... there could be many possible reason for slowing down. for example; someone watching twitch while playing game.
or got annoying and heavy antivirus program like avast who blocks every thing. or sometimes just not enough video card's memory(Not PC ram!)

Also, I purposely left that item regen on boss 1 fight.

since it's just first boss... right?
Unprepared one should be punished...
but it's just first boss.... hmmmm.....;P

Just like Slam Sector said, this game was much harder during early game development, but I had lot i mean LOT of messages to ton down difficulty.
so I nerfed the difficulty bit by bit. by adding female zombie, and gave her ability to hold multiple monster, etc...

Can confirm, extended gallery was unlocked when I killed 6 bosses on EZPZ difficulty.

Actually, Alias34 was right. Day one patreon release version was bond with "beat every stage boss on X difficulty" achievements, but the problem was it was not bond 6 bosses.
many people recognized it as the bugs and programmer was confused really hard, so he gave up on achievement bond system and just added boss clear information on save file.
so newest version can get the H replay reward by killy 6 bosses on any difficulty(plus can change the difficulty while playing it)

Last edited:

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

wow that's super rare bug, o_O?! Thank you for the information!
I'll investigate the source of crash and fix it as soon as possible!
I've beaten up a zombie ... he doesn't like to fall though.

And, there is still that "-1 ammo pack" bug. I can remember that I had have that in the ver1.00 as well. I made a screenshot and put it in the attachment.

Regarding game slow down... there could be many possible reason for slowing down. for example; someone watching twitch while playing game.
or got annoying and heavy antivirus program like avast who blocks every thing. or sometimes just not enough video card's memory(Not PC ram!)
*cough* twitch on *cough* have avast ... I see. Well, I've 4096 VRAM

Attachments

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Great game, I think I played an early version.

Did you hold the original difficulty for the hard mode? Sooner or later I want to suffer in these games, and I liked the early version hardeness

The only way to get a reliable uncensored version is patreon right now?

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Great game, I think I played an early version.

Did you hold the original difficulty for the hard mode? Sooner or later I want to suffer in these games, and I liked the early version hardeness

The only way to get a reliable uncensored version is patreon right now?
I just played the game through on hardest difficulty available (only beat classic bosses. Didn't notice that you've to use the gold cards, lol. Knew that those funky looking generators were suspicious since I couldn't recall that they ever had existed). Dunno if that difficulty was the 'origin hard mode' but the last boss is still like straight outta Dark Souls

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's funny, I always go on and on about how most H-games suck, and now that there's one I really enjoy, that's close enough to flawless from a design/mechanics perspective, I've done nothing but complain lol. It checks all the right boxes for me - Restricted player awareness, huge variety to the enemies in the ways they move and attack, the different challenges they present to you especially when there are multiple different types, scarcity of supplies to make those fights compelling, fun but difficult, but not-too-difficult boss-fights (the one with the tall dudes was really easy though) and quality art and atmosphere on top of all that. I really can't give enough praise. Someone mentioned in the "What makes H game combat fun?" thread, that survival-horror translates the best as far as action games go, and I think Anthophobia proves it.

Fuana is cute

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm fascinated with "Mr. jake" any back story about him ?
also, a red blanket is a given but where did he find a helmet that size ?

agraypist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

bah i can't figure out how to use other peoples save files T.T

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

bah i can't figure out how to use other peoples save files T.T
*Username* -> AppData -> Local -> Anthophobia.
AppData is hidden by default but you use can open Run with Window key+R, type in appdata, and hit okay.
The achievement file doesn't work on other computers, so you'll have to kill all the bosses on your own to get the full H-Gallery, but you can use the password "crocus" to skip through checkpoints and kill the bosses on the easiest settings. You can use "auricula" to automatically reload and refill hp in those fights too.

bluewr

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm fascinated with "Mr. jake" any back story about him ?
also, a red blanket is a given but where did he find a helmet that size ?
Those are gold card patreon, people that donated a larger amount to have a origional character appear as a NPC in game.

ingame lorewise, they are special agent like STARS agent from Resident Evil that failed.

Fuana is cute

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Those are gold card patreon, people that donated a larger amount to have a origional character appear as a NPC in game.

ingame lorewise, they are special agent like STARS agent from Resident Evil that failed.
"Jake" supposed to be his name but his name wasn't on any gold card, maybe his name was on gold card but has nothing to do with "Jake".
And lastly, he is a friendly boss class NPC wearing a helmet and red scarf.

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score

plant zombie kamen rider to the rescue. Also proves a strong lingering will can influence the behavior when becoming a zombie like Kamen Rider Jake. How does the helmet increase in size tho?

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So are the news enemies not in the H Replay? Also, did I just completely miss them, or were there no new enemies on stage 3.5? Cool expansion otherwise.

DoctorR

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

DANG! I play on easiest mode, and still can't beat second level boss, I put in him maybe six or seven rounds of ammo, and he still gets me. how much does he need ?