What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Takimaru] Despair Labyrinth

Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

• Emilia (Warrior)

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Rhiannon (Berserker)

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Irine (Priest)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Lanie (Magician)

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Thyme (Sage)

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Cesca (Thief)

Votes: 63 24.0%
  • Sairyn (Martial Artist)

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • Asella (Paladin)

Votes: 20 7.6%

• Total voters

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.07C - Updated 11/8/2011!

Great, thanks for the info. I might adjust the elemental weaknesses around here and there, but yeah--generally I wanted to make Lightning strong against armored foes like the Pikeman and the Corrupt Captain. Also chose it because for the most part, it's generally exclusive to Lanie. And yeah, she's... kind of a ditzy character. Earth and Wind will have their uses later as well, I just need to figure out what will be weak against what in terms of 'enemy types' since honestly, I don't have a lot figured out thus far--I just kinda make them as I go along.

OK. Perhaps I should make Concentrate last for 2 or 3 rounds instead?

Stratiros

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.07C - Updated 11/8/2011!

I think that could help a lot. It would reduce the risk she's at because she'd end fights much faster. I knew during the big boss fight that if he used rouge's blade(?) twice in a row she would've died.

Though having a, for lack of a better term, rape bait character might not necessarily be a bad thing. The ditzy mage would certainly fit that role.

I was also thinking it'd be nice if we could approach Gwyn during the rest scenes if purity is low. It wouldn't necessarily succeed, but it would be nice for our girls to be aggressors at times and since they can be with the men I'd think she'd also be a nice target.

evilmonk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'll be adding a 'Steal' script to Cesca sometime within the next 3 patches or so, not sure what I'm going to do for the other characters. I know Emilia's future 'perk' will be that because her name is more well-known by members of the Syndicate, she'll have more people arrive when it comes to gangbangs and the like. A low-Purity Sairyn will be able to use certain 'techniques' in H-scenes which can result in branching CG options, and so on.
As far as character specific things to do with perks or whatnot; I noticed in the Hongfire thread that someone mentioned something about a Succubus. You could have Irene's perk (to be unlocked during the game maybe with a purity factor or something) be a Succubus-themed corruption and the correlating sexual attacks (her heal can become a lifeforce drain and the such).

This could work out for you in a couple of ways: You get one of the characters perks out of the way and it is unique; you add a playable succubus into the game without having to add a complete story for her (just continues off Irene's so you may not even need certain CG scenes since by the time you get the perk you will be past them); and you satisfy a braoder audience by catering to a "corruption" theme

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's a really, really good idea! Well, in every common event for a scene I've left two extra slots for the two 'patch' characters, but again, this isn't something I wanna do until the game is COMPLETELY done, so it'll be a while. The Irine / Succubus corruption is definitely something noteworthy and could appeal to corruption fans indeed, however. Thanks for the idea.

grazer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Concentration is currently pointless since you might as well just not waste half your turns and use a Mind potion instead, since that only takes one action. If you want to up her game, perhaps give her spells a serious Critical ability? That way the longer the fight, the more damage she'll put out, and in short fights, she'll sometimes oneshot weaker opponents that come in a group. She needs to be efficient in damage, not cost, since costs are quite negligable. Or maybe a damage boost if she didn't take damage in the previous turn?

Paralyze lasts too long as well, I think, and additional damage is kind of overkill. It's powerful even if it does reduced/zero damage.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can anybody say how long the playtime is for this game so far? Wondering if it's worth playing at this point.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Depends on how many characters you wish to play through with. As of right now, it should be at least about an hour or so per girl, probably several if you play a low-Purity route (or both low and high). Could always try it after the new patch, which I'm trying to hammer out before the end of the year.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Depends on how many characters you wish to play through with. As of right now, it should be at least about an hour or so per girl, probably several if you play a low-Purity route (or both low and high). Could always try it after the new patch, which I'm trying to hammer out before the end of the year.
Ah good, and which forum do you check more often and update first? I assume the Legend of Krystal one? I'm the same member name in both forums so I'd rather post where it's easier for you. Gets kinda tiring going through all those half finished games or abandoned games over at LoK though. Seems like the ratio of finished games to unfinished/abandoned games over there kinda causes low morale for ever finishing projects...

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Haha yeah. I tend to update most there due to the amount of responses I get and the crazy vote tallies, so I wind up posting bonus pics there too, at least as of late. G_G

nope

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The fights in this game are too easy. What's the point of GOR if you have to lose intentionally to get it?

This is promising, though. I like Thyme best so far.

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'd actually double that at least. When you make the game you tend to underestimate how long the game takes to play because you do everything right the first time. When you're poking away away randomly, smelling the petals (Ha, I made a pun!), and seeing whats there the game is quite lengthy.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

ker-
Haha, true that!
Also thanks for the script, definitely a useful thing for nearly any H-game made with VX nowadays.

nope-
Welp, this game is far from final, so don't expect that to be the 'final' difficulty!
Thyme seems to be pretty popular--she was the first to hit 100 votes on the LoK forums so I made them a bonus picture in appreciation.

nope

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My suggestion with Thyme is that you don't let her lack of sexual inhibitions get too far. Try to give the player dialogue choices that reflect whether or not she likes what is being done to her. I think you've done this rather well so far but the scene in the stall could use dialogue options - I don't think there are any.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, yeah--so far, none of the stall scenes have dialogue options at all. I may add them eventually, but I decided to leave it like that for now because honestly, it's a LOT of work, and the stall H-scenes as is have a ton of conditionals based on Purity.

Thyme has just as many options as all of the other characters, it's just that she starts at a lower Purity. You can raise it somewhat via the shower if you'd like to see her high-Purity options, which vary depending on the scene at hand.

nope

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh, I didn't realize purity had such a large effect on scenes.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yes, that it does. Generally the threshold between high and low is around 50, though you can sleep with the starting maid off the bat (outside of Irine) and the deal with the first pikeman is only about 70 or so, mainly because it was kind of a 'test' thing when the early version only went up to him.

Right now, Purity adjusts your dialogue choices and even what H-scenes you can get. If it's too low, however, you might miss out on some relationships and even party members (Gwyn) in extreme examples, depending on what choices you couple with it. Each girl starts out at a different Purity--a girl like Irine begins at 100, for examples, whereas Emilia is 90, Rhiannon is 70 and Thyme has the lowest default at 60.

ker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's also an exponential thing. So you want to add one set of a triple modifiers (purity) which triples the workload. Then you add in another modifier (experience) which turns those 3 scenes into 9. Then you do that over 8 characters...

Got view everything with an 'is it worth it' filter.

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

to be honoust here, for me it was all worth it, I know you where referring to Takimaru there Ker, I mean, its most likely not worth it for him at times to add as much as he has so far...

but I for one am realy happy with the game and how it works, yeah the fights most of the times are quite simple, but still, apart from that, the purity thing is what makes it a realy enjoyable game...

I have actualy played through about 6 or 7 of the characters on low and on high purity, and to be honoust, it works realy wonderfull...

I feel this is the best game I have played apart from about 2 or 3 maybe, but those are only higher due to my liking of the artists style or the scenes being animated and the game being realy lenghty as wel... wich are quite scarse to be honoust... ^^

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If all goes according to plan, I've a feeling it will all be worth it for the sake of the end product. He's providing an amazing replayability experience for what would otherwise be just another H-RPG game.

argret

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think the sexual attractiveness and contrasts of the girls is worth to exploit,like how you can take advantage of the warrior pride of Emilia,or suprise from the possible amount of "experience" Rhiannon might have,or how enjoyable it might be to see Irine's twisted "holy" lusts,or maybe the excitement of Thyme the S&M pro,or how Lanie look for some pleasure through her courses of summon and alchemy,or maybe Sairyn looking for a "beating 100 men" or so stamina challenge (her fiacee sure is the cream on the cake) ? While I like Asella and her "you commmoner" thing the most,some twists and turns like facing a whole band of her following knights after her "hot tales" are widely spread ? maybe on a green field