What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Takimaru] Despair Labyrinth

Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

• Emilia (Warrior)

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Rhiannon (Berserker)

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Irine (Priest)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Lanie (Magician)

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Thyme (Sage)

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Cesca (Thief)

Votes: 63 24.0%
  • Sairyn (Martial Artist)

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • Asella (Paladin)

Votes: 20 7.6%

• Total voters

nguyentri666force

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

May I have a full cg unlock save file please?

Bonerd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

Sorry for the necro, but I too would appreciate a cg save. I'd rather not have to go through the game again with every character to unlock the gallery.

BlockHead

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for the necro, but I too would appreciate a cg save. I'd rather not have to go through the game again with every character to unlock the gallery.
I don't have everything as it breaks my heart to go back and play it but this should help you at least.

Attachments

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hey,

I don't suppose you remember me, but while you were in active development of Dlaby I was one of the main people who was editing the wiki. I know that you've put Despair Labyrinth on the back burner over the last few years or more and I'm not here to complain or whine about that. I was just thinking, recently I've seen an influx of developers that have been releasing and working on quality games that otherwise wouldn't have had a chance a few years back. They are using patreon. If you haven't heard of patreon by now here is a brief summary: Developers can create pages where people can back their development either by a monthly charge or by update to the project.

So that got me thinking, I was always lurking around, working on the wiki and saw how much effort went into Dlaby, so many characters, so many cgs and branching text paths! Creating so much in such a short time burned you out big time, especially with the toxic way people were reacting to no new content (from the places I was browsing at the time). So perhaps you can turn it around, Despair Labyrinth is very popular and if you ever wanted to pick up work on it again why not get paid for it? What you already have game wise makes a perfect demo with tons of content. Also you don't have to be pressured into working faster, as I said you can set up your page to charge per update, so no more deadlines. I've seen people show up with no established games that have been making thousands and once they got publicity, even more. You already have a fairly sizeable fan base so I think people will definitely jump on board as you can set different tiers, $1, $5, $10, $20 ect. so even people who don't have much can support.

Seeing as patreon wasn't around when you started Dlaby, now might be the time to pick it up again and make it work for you.

Anyway, just a thought.

Here are a few links to some h-devs that are doing well in case you're curious. One gets almost $27,500 a month... that's just crazy!

I know I'd love to see Despair Labyrinth come back and I'm sure so would many others.
So was the project continued?

BlockHead

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So was the project continued?
As far as I know, no.

It's weird, I keep coming back to Dlaby every few months to see if Taki decided to pick it back up... kinda sad really, seeing how long ago it was first released.

gavincreeper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
So very sorry to necro this, but I lost this game and wanted to play through it again but I can't find it anywhere online anymore. The wiki is closed, and all links here are dead. Was wondering if anyone still had this game and are willing to share it?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
So very sorry to necro this, but I lost this game and wanted to play through it again but I can't find it anywhere online anymore. The wiki is closed, and all links here are dead. Was wondering if anyone still had this game and are willing to share it?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Pretty sure the gallery is unlocked in that

RampantParanoia

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
I can't get the link to work, anybody got a working one?

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Well, the game's development is dead, and the game is old so unless someone upload a version of the game in the intend of sharing it you're not likley to found a working link...