What's new

RPG Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Takimaru] Despair Labyrinth

Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.09 - Updated 4/18/2012!

• Emilia (Warrior)

Votes: 27 10.3%
  • Rhiannon (Berserker)

Votes: 24 9.2%
  • Irine (Priest)

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Lanie (Magician)

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Thyme (Sage)

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Cesca (Thief)

Votes: 63 24.0%
  • Sairyn (Martial Artist)

Votes: 22 8.4%
  • Asella (Paladin)

Votes: 20 7.6%

• Total voters

RandomGuy

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.06C - Updated 9/22/2011!

RandomGuy-
Wouldn't be completely out of the question, though initially the mention of it was just to tickle certain peoples' fetishes, since I got a few requests like that. However, an actual pregnancy system (such as the one found in VH) is probably a ways from now, since even that game, amazing as it is, doesn't have to deal with as many specific CG's as this one--which might have been the smart route... x_x;
I was more thinking about just game overs, as opposed to an actual system, since I don't imagine the timeline of a successful game would be long enough to have an actual pregnancy.

T-A-B

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.06C - Updated 9/22/2011!

I was more thinking about just game overs, as opposed to an actual system, since I don't imagine the timeline of a successful game would be long enough to have an actual pregnancy.
Yeah, I'd agree. Fast pregnancies in these sorts of games have always come across as pretty contrived.

rst64tlc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

What program did you use for the CG scenes? there very lovely.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I used 3D Custom Shoujo.

evilmonk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Any word on the next update? Been checking thread here and on Hongfire practically every day. :)

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Glad to see you're checkin' up on it. ;)
I should definitely have 0.07, which is mostly H-content due to certain requests, up by next Monday. But don't worry, after that it's back to some more storyline.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Which will take about another two or three months to make.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Pfft, this was the longest one, and it took all of a month and two weeks, only cause I got sidetracked!

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

okay, so you got a new version up then, if so, I wil check it right away... :D

Mostly only more H-content, if so, then that is great... ;)
realy looking forward to the latest version, havent realy gotten to play any great games lately, or I get stuck on what to do on most of the japanese ones... xD

Ps. did you edit your first post with the link in it, or not yet added the new version??
just wondering, cause I believe I still saw it saying v0.06c... :p

Btw, wil give you some more feedback from playing it, oh and this time I wil be using the tips you gave me last time....
(using skills.... still havent gotten around to play the previous version further, I was kinda waiting on a new version before that... xD)

evilmonk

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Pfft, this was the longest one, and it took all of a month and two weeks, only cause I got sidetracked!
Yeah all your updates have been pretty timely and had a decent amount of content, considering how quick they went up. I was worried that something had happened when you didn't post in either thread for bit. Glad to hear you have more in the pipeline though!

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hooray. More H-content coming. :D

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.07 - Updated 11/7/2011!

Updated. See the first post for the download-link.
Remember, you can use your old savefiles to continue from where you left off, provided you didn't save in the 'End of Demo' room which had the prompt saying it was finished. If you did, PM me and I'll send you a version with a quick fix for that.

Scorpid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.07 - Updated 11/7/2011!

So i got a strange problem. I've been having this bug only on the VX version of RPG Maker where it's acting like i'm holding down the right directional key. I've uninstalled VX and reinstalled it and it's still doing it. It's not my keyboard because like i said it's only happening in VX. Sometimes it'll switch up and be the up key or the left key. I googled it and couldn't find anything useful with at least the few combination of what i put in. Any ideas?

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So i got a strange problem. I've been having this bug only on the VX version of RPG Maker where it's acting like i'm holding down the right directional key. I've uninstalled VX and reinstalled it and it's still doing it. It's not my keyboard because like i said it's only happening in VX. Sometimes it'll switch up and be the up key or the left key. I googled it and couldn't find anything useful with at least the few combination of what i put in. Any ideas?
Ah, this little problem... It appears to be an inherent issue with RPGVX and people who have certain keyboards.

One thing you can try is hit F1 and change your key assignments via the Controls tab.

Otherwise, if that doesn't work, I would take a look at this thread;

Quoting the OP
"If you have a Saitek Eclipse keyboard and installed the default gaming keyboard drivers RPGmaker(ANY version) will not work. Heres the reason. It seems as if it is both a keyboard at the same time as being a game controller (ahh starting to see why it was screwing up?). This is something that RPGmaker does not like at all. The running to the side was caused by the controls confilicting with null values set to the control buttons and of course since the buttons for the up and down 'technically' did not exist the game basically was interpreting the random junk the OS was sending as run around in circles like crazy person.

So in the end the only way I was able to fix it was to physically disable the Saitek Gaming keyboard in Device Manager. Annoying for someone that uses this thing.. maybe.. for me I never used it once. So alls good in the world now"

Even if your keyboard/mouse isn't that Saitek model, if the computer recognizes it as a 'game controller' (which seems to be the case for many wireless keyboard / mouse combos), you will most likely run into the same problem. Basically the best way to find the Device Manager, that I know of, is to go to Start ~> Control Panel ~> change the Control Panel's view options (located on the left hand side usually) to Classic View, then select Device Manager. You should be able to find your keyboard or whatever through 'Human Interface Devices', otherwise known as HID's.

If all of that doesn't work, you could always try to use a spare keyboard instead.

Scorpid

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Pooey. =(

Thanks for the help but I'm not using that kind of keyboard and don't have a spare USB keyboard, that my computer requires. Either way you're games are really fun even before VX decided it hated my keyboard out of no where. I hope you keep having as much fun continuing to develop that game as other people have playing it. ^_^ good work!

gruunt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Found a bug:

I'm using saves I brought over from 0.06C and was using sairyn (Haven't tried the others.)

It happens whenever I try to use a basic attack on the veteran pikeman, special attacks still seem to work.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yep, thanks. It had to do with the Desperation Attacks script. I just removed it and uploaded 0.07B; check the first post for the download link.

Last edited:

NorthernCross

Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.07B - Updated 11/8/2011!

Alright, I just finished a "Pure" Irine play through and I'm in a middle of doing an impure run as well. I haven't exhausted everything yet (need to run through the stalls yet) but I'll share some thoughts.

Did you write out most of the Chambers H-scenes in advance? I notice that while they react to your character being a virgin they don't seem to notice if you have Gwyn in your party... Of course I haven't lost to the assassins yet but I suspect the same thing will happen there.

I'll probably be back later after making a few more passes through the game.

OP
Takimaru

Takimaru

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.07B - Updated 11/8/2011!

Yep. For a whole month I was arguing with myself over whether or not I should make all H-scenes compatible with Gwyn, since there are, well a LOT... but I said forget it, I'm gonna get what I have to do out of the way first storyline-wise, then gradually add in content as necessary when someone has a party member.

The plan for the future is this; basically if your whole party loses, she'll stay unconscious, with the violators preferring your character by default, and my plan is for certain groups of 3-4+ enemies, some extras might move in to take her as well. But that's for future patches of course--I mainly released this one to let people know I'm still alive, heh.

Released 0.07C, which fixes a bug that occurs as a result of getting into the Chambers in ways other than the passage provided by the Veteran Pikeman, that is, after the first Gwyn cutscene happens.

Last edited:

soulles

Reputation score
Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG Maker VX GOR game) - Version 0.07C - Updated 11/8/2011!

Played through to the end of the version 0.07 that was uploaded, and I would like to add, nicely done... (I was maybe a bit negative at first last time... so want to start positive now..)

I would like to add though:
there is still text out of bound issue, I cant read everything I mean with this, there are words or at least some letters out of the limit of the screen, on the right side.... just so you know, maybe try fix this if you can... ^^

and I have a few suggestions:

the shower thing, where you can masturbate or take a bath, if you could add the other girl to it as wel, the one you get later, after the shower that is... the cut scene with the girls, then the guys attacking the girl...

also would be nice if the secondairy character had some more interactions like that... (for instance with the twins..)

I know it might be alot of work to get that done though... so if its impossible or to much work, then no biggy, I understand... ^^

another thing I would suggest adding: there is this room where 4 girls are being raped by different things, 1 is a horse and such.. there is this 5th one with no girl, could you make it so the main char could whore there or something? (also adding scenes/pics for the other 4 girls there would be nice...)

Just a few suggestions to maybe help out a bit in your creativity that I hope are helpfull.... for more suggestions or something, I have a bunch more... but wel its your game, so dont want to hastle you to much with my creative ideas there.... ^^

good luck on the rest of the game, its realy turning out to be a great game so far... :D