What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

Arara

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

The main thing is to let ILL do his own thing and having people to stop asking for this and that. Or it will go down the craphole CoC did with its fans and their furry obsessions.

karmapowered

Lurker
Reputation score

The main thing is to let ILL do his own thing and having people to stop asking for this and that. Or it will go down the craphole CoC did with its fans and their furry obsessions.
+1

Patience is a virtue, gluttony is not.

This has already been said 150 pages before, and I got called out for doing (or rather joining in) it, but I don't care : it's worth being repeated ad nauseam if a potentially great game is at stake.

Lupiscanis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

/offtopic

You realise the irony of your statement right? Every site that's related to hentai on the internet generally has it's own niche as well, and ULMF is no real exception. Sure, it's broader here, but you can definitely see cliques occur and certain people gravitate towards threads regarding particular games.

Just because you don't appreciate a particular kink or theme is absolutely no reason to dismiss it's advocates, particularly since I'm sure there are lots of people who would be just as quick to dismiss your interest in a game such as Dungeons and Prisoners.

CoC might not appeal to everyone, but you don't get nearly $200k from random people on the internet by producing utter shite that appeals to no-one.

hassam

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

/offtopic

You realise the irony of your statement right? Every site that's related to hentai on the internet generally has it's own niche as well, and ULMF is no real exception. Sure, it's broader here, but you can definitely see cliques occur and certain people gravitate towards threads regarding particular games.

Just because you don't appreciate a particular kink or theme is absolutely no reason to dismiss it's advocates, particularly since I'm sure there are lots of people who would be just as quick to dismiss your interest in a game such as Dungeons and Prisoners.

CoC might not appeal to everyone, but you don't get nearly $200k from random people on the internet by producing utter shite that appeals to no-one.
I think he is referring to the fact that CoC started off with having broader appeal and how eventually the range of appeal it had narrowed down.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, CoC has seriously deviated from its initial goal. I personally still play it a bit, but without a definite end, it seems to be getting stale. In any rate, Fen has started on TiTS, and there's another one in development called Fall of Eden. While there's not much for either yet, they're still fresh at least.

But back to D&P. I know Heaven in the demo build is basically a function tester, but did anyone realise just how much you can pwn Joker with a Bow?

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay, CoC has seriously deviated from its initial goal. I personally still play it a bit, but without a definite end, it seems to be getting stale. In any rate, Fen has started on TiTS, and there's another one in development called Fall of Eden. While there's not much for either yet, they're still fresh at least.

But back to D&P. I know Heaven in the demo build is basically a function tester, but did anyone realise just how much you can pwn Joker with a Bow?
I find that the bow has very bad accuracy, and that the damages are not that significant. Maybe you're very high level?

thinien

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

accuracy and damage doesn't exactly matter if the joker is in a room and you are sniping over a wall. even if you do miss, he just stands there. not sure if ILL is going to fix the issue of hitting a target technically out of sight like through a wall.

YandereKun

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

But that's the whole point of the bow though, to shoot over walls. 'Fixing' it would break cliff sniping.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

But that's the whole point of the bow though, to shoot over walls. 'Fixing' it would break cliff sniping.
There's something called a ceiling, which tends to stop arrows.

Also,

Last edited:

Sydcarp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

accuracy and damage doesn't exactly matter if the joker is in a room and you are sniping over a wall. even if you do miss, he just stands there. not sure if ILL is going to fix the issue of hitting a target technically out of sight like through a wall.
I tend to do the same thing with a lance >_>

ILL

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

normally every attack / skill / item to be not passing wall in next version.
only the some sort of ghost's attack / big area effect are passing wall.

pereglasnost

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

How can you prevent AoE attacks or enemy vision from clipping through walls anyhow? Is there a way to actually script it so that if an AI is looking at a wall they can't "see" anything behind it, even if those spaces are able to walked on?

ILL

Reputation score

How can you prevent AoE attacks or enemy vision from clipping through walls anyhow? Is there a way to actually script it so that if an AI is looking at a wall they can't "see" anything behind it, even if those spaces are able to walked on?
calucrate coordinates using radian and range between attack point from target point. and check obstacles.

what the CoC o_O?

ILL

Reputation score

ah I see. was retired to play it several time because massive texts.

Mars Project

Lurker
Reputation score

So i'm playing the demo and i'm at the dragon and I got no idea what i'm supposed to do...

Really wish someone would make an english patch...

Last edited:

Mistula

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

There is a way to get agth to translate the game.

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

start game, then:

run original chiitrans with these agth switches:

/PNGame.exe /HQN@D3CF:TRGSSX.dll /x3 /kf /ks /c

use agth version 2008.11.20.0

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

So i'm playing the demo and i'm at the dragon and I got no idea what i'm supposed to do...

Really wish someone would make an english patch...
There is also a video I made some time ago with a visual guide, per say of what to be doing and where to go. Its an older version video, but things are pretty much the same for the most part.

/copypaste

Demo Tutorial Video and a few Instructions ~

This video is 10min long (and about 87MB)
This is from the very start, story and all, all the way to the boat fight ending.

(Right click and "save as")
The video is about 87MB H.264, and isn't intended for streaming (it will say corrupted video if you try to stream it in firefox)

Several Notes!
You can go to the forest at any time (seen at 0:44)
05:44 you can enter to fight ruffians in the haven area (most of the game testing is here)
06:50 you can no longer leave to go back to the Ruffian area after you board the ship.

----------
Overall game control tips
A Key = Frameskip
Shift Key = "instant display" game text (combined with holding A ey, makes chat go a ton faster).

Combat Control Tip
Press shift key for "Commands"
Q and W keys cycle rank menus, use arrow keys to select a skill and use or press # key.
Example in the video at 01:13 you can press 0 and 1 to select the Jump skill.

Out of combat Control Tip
Pressing S key and a direction makes you jump.