What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Searothonc] 処女を守る魔法 / Virgin Protection Magic (RJ139133)

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [RJ139133] Virgin protection magic (clothdmg, arousal dmg)

Looks nice, but I vote for not tempering with the Title-Screen.
Virgin Protection Magic sounds so mistranslated that it would make my english teacher cry in her grave.
Well, yes, but considering it's the name of a spell in the game it's kinda hard to get around, even if it weren't the name of the game as well. I'll take suggestions on alternate translations for 処女を守る魔法 though; A literal translation with grammar would be "Magic that Protects Virginity"... so, uh, I'm not sure if I can think of a phrasing that doesn't sound awful.

Oh, and it can and will be worse in the finished game. There's a spell called "真・処女を守る魔法"; 真 is literally "True" or "Real", but I suspect in this context its more indicating the ultimate form of a spell...

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well, yes, but considering it's the name of a spell in the game it's kinda hard to get around, even if it weren't the name of the game as well. I'll take suggestions on alternate translations for 処女を守る魔法 though; A literal translation with grammar would be "Magic that Protects Virginity"... so, uh, I'm not sure if I can think of a phrasing that doesn't sound awful.

Oh, and it can and will be worse in the finished game. There's a spell called "真・処女を守る魔法"; 真 is literally "True" or "Real", but I suspect in this context its more indicating the ultimate form of a spell...
It probably unlocks the option in the option menu to not need the minigame for protection anymore. Virginity protection/protecting spell? Is the spell protecting her virginity or is it protecting herself because she is a virgin? I am not from an english speaking Country, but can't you use Maiden for a virgin, or is that a mistranslation on my part? Or trying Innocence/Innocent or Pure for sounding better? Maybe guarding instead of protection?
Maidenguardspell... Nah, guess we aren't winning anything this way...
The Idea came when they changed Virgin Island (Which made no sense in context) to Island of the Virgin Goddess...

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It probably unlocks the option in the option menu to not need the minigame for protection anymore. Virginity protection/protecting spell? Is the spell protecting her virginity or is it protecting herself because she is a virgin? I am not from an english speaking Country, but can't you use Maiden for a virgin, or is that a mistranslation on my part? Or trying Innocence/Innocent or Pure for sounding better? Maybe guarding instead of protection?
Maidenguardspell... Nah, guess we aren't winning anything this way...
The Idea came when they changed Virgin Island (Which made no sense in context) to Island of the Virgin Goddess...
Uh, that's not quite right. From the description, the basic virginity protection spell blocks one attempt to deflower Brigit - probably including some events. There's actually a separate option for the QTE stuff (which has options for Normal, Reversed (i.e. play from the enemys point of view), Always succeed, always fail).

As to using Maiden.. well, I did consider it, but I'm not sure it's any better. In this case, the magic would be preserving Brigits status as a Maiden, so it'd be more "Maiden Preservation Magic", but that sounds pretty bad (as opposed to say, "Maiden Protection Magic", which implies protection of the maiden in question from everything). Also considered was "Chastity Guarding Magic", but again, I don't think it's any better.

In any case, it's pretty easy for me to change, but I'm gonna stick with "Virgin Protection Magic" unless something better is suggested or strikes me.

Incidentally, as I previously mentioned, the name Virgin Island also irks me. Full name of that game would be best translated as "Maiden Goddess Story - Liffi's struggle on Karappa Island", I think.

ments

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

How about Cock blocking magic :D

someguy1212

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's March and the game still hasn't come out yet, I wish the guy had a blog so we could see if he is still alive.

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Uh, that's not quite right. From the description, the basic virginity protection spell blocks one attempt to deflower Brigit - probably including some events. There's actually a separate option for the QTE stuff (which has options for Normal, Reversed (i.e. play from the enemys point of view), Always succeed, always fail).

As to using Maiden.. well, I did consider it, but I'm not sure it's any better. In this case, the magic would be preserving Brigits status as a Maiden, so it'd be more "Maiden Preservation Magic", but that sounds pretty bad (as opposed to say, "Maiden Protection Magic", which implies protection of the maiden in question from everything). Also considered was "Chastity Guarding Magic", but again, I don't think it's any better.

In any case, it's pretty easy for me to change, but I'm gonna stick with "Virgin Protection Magic" unless something better is suggested or strikes me.

Incidentally, as I previously mentioned, the name Virgin Island also irks me. Full name of that game would be best translated as "Maiden Goddess Story - Liffi's struggle on Karappa Island", I think.
Makes me wonder, which role her virginity plays in the finished game. I made her lose it to the first slime i met, but on the other hand, I did the same in Maiden Goddess Story, and never bothered not to... Would be a nice twist if you could seduce Alice, as long as you stay away from the cock. Well, I have not too high hopes for kcreates new game...

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How about Cock blocking magic :D
Funny, but if the stuff I've encountered in the game is anything to go by, it'll also block things which aren't cocks.

It's March and the game still hasn't come out yet, I wish the guy had a blog so we could see if he is still alive.
I'd be surprised if this game never came out, if for no other reason that the dev would likely be out of pocket due to commissioning the CG.

Makes me wonder, which role her virginity plays in the finished game. I made her lose it to the first slime i met, but on the other hand, I did the same in Maiden Goddess Story, and never bothered not to... Would be a nice twist if you could seduce Alice, as long as you stay away from the cock. Well, I have not too high hopes for kcreates new game...
Interesting question - guess we'll have to wait and find out, but I don't think there'll be too much difference in the main story. On Maiden Goddess Story, my understanding is that there was originally a plan for Alice to be a lesbian, but it ended up being cut from the game due to time constraints - although around the new year, KCreateRoom released a picture of Liffi and Alice going at it, if you haven't seen it.

ToaruLL

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've been keeping up to date with the cg artists blog since the developers of the game don't have one and he/she has stated that the game is still ongoing touches of tweeks on the gameplay and overall finished product.

Also fantastic to see you giving a hand at translating it any idea when the demo release will be released?

Well the game was supposed to be released end of January it does look bad when it states and the game is not out yet but what can you do.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also fantastic to see you giving a hand at translating it any idea when the demo release will be released?

Well the game was supposed to be released end of January it does look bad when it states and the game is not out yet but what can you do.
I wouldn't call this 'giving a hand', because that'd imply I had the Searothoncs consent, which I don't at present. As to when a demo translation would be released... Um, dunno. There's actually an awful lot of stuff in the demo which isn't used, but it's tricky to tell what's important and what isn't when translating in the patch. There's also the issue of getting VX Ace support in RPGMaker Trans released, because without that the patch won't do anything at all.

willaberhaben

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Perhaps you could call it something like "seal of chastity"

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Perhaps you could call it something like "seal of chastity"
Seriously, do a pink Secret of Mana like Banner, and write
Seal of
Chastity.
or
Spell of
Chastity
if you want to stay with the magic. I really like the Idea, it works, and it actually sounds kind of cool instead of awkward, good job :)

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly not a fan of "Seal of Chastity". Certainly not as the name of the game. I'm also restricted on the space available for the title, so that kind of banner is out.

I need to check a few things in the dialogue of the game, but I'm pretty certain now that 魔法 in the title could legitimately be translated as Witchcraft (if I recall things correctly, there's a distinction between magic and witchcraft in the game). So I may go for something like "Witchcraft: Virgins Vow" as the name of the game, and "Virgins Vow" as the name of the spell. Kinda apes the "Purity Vows" that seem to be popular in America at the moment..

EDIT: As an aside, I honestly didn't expect such a negative reaction to the literal translation...

Last edited:

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is this the end if you gave up the 4 in the city has done?

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

is this the end if you gave up the 4 in the city has done?
If I remember right, the alchemist has a new option and after this you can get your clothes stolen in the public bath, then you have to catch the thief on the slime island (Slimes can actually take your virginity) and then talk to the alchemist again to end the demo.

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If I remember right, the alchemist has a new option and after this you can get your clothes stolen in the public bath, then you have to catch the thief on the slime island (Slimes can actually take your virginity) and then talk to the alchemist again to end the demo.
Uh, don't think that's quite right on any counts. The sequence of events is along the lines of clothes stolen at public bath, talk to Branyn, peeping tom at restaurants toilet, clothes dissolved by person coming out of shed at bottom of town map, chase after the slime master to the border post, talk to guard, boat to slime island.

Also, the slimes cannot take Brigits virginity. The game has a tightly defined definition of virginity, which is broken hymen (not quite correct, but whatever), and apparently the slimes are not substantial enough to break it. There's even a conversation about this when you first land on the slime island, and if you check your status after being molested by the slimes you'll still count as a virgin.

(In fact, that entire system isn't completely implemented in the demo. If you hack in a vibrator, and then hack things around so that Brigit uses it masturbating, despite having a deflowering scene it still won't register...)

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Uh, don't think that's quite right on any counts. The sequence of events is along the lines of clothes stolen at public bath, talk to Branyn, peeping tom at restaurants toilet, clothes dissolved by person coming out of shed at bottom of town map, chase after the slime master to the border post, talk to guard, boat to slime island.

Also, the slimes cannot take Brigits virginity. The game has a tightly defined definition of virginity, which is broken hymen (not quite correct, but whatever), and apparently the slimes are not substantial enough to break it. There's even a conversation about this when you first land on the slime island, and if you check your status after being molested by the slimes you'll still count as a virgin.

(In fact, that entire system isn't completely implemented in the demo. If you hack in a vibrator, and then hack things around so that Brigit uses it masturbating, despite having a deflowering scene it still won't register...)
Strange, both events didn't unlock for me. Maybe it bugged out because of me messing with the files. The thing with the virginity sure is interesting. Do you know btw how i unlock scenes cg/8/68 ?

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've no idea on if the system is implemented, but I'd guess drink a lot of potions outside of town and don't have any empty glass jars.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, the slimes cannot take Brigits virginity. The game has a tightly defined definition of virginity, which is broken hymen (not quite correct, but whatever), and apparently the slimes are not substantial enough to break it.
By most definitions, or those used in H-games anyway, that's how virginity is measured.

Ignoring the fact that, realistically, the hymen can be torn by daily exercise and isn't some magical piece of flesh that needs a penis to break it...

Torgent

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I've no idea on if the system is implemented, but I'd guess drink a lot of potions outside of town and don't have any empty glass jars.
Hmm... You produce more empty glass jars by drinking potions or at least the liquor. When I sold them at the store the text came up outside but there was no CG accompanying it. I guess you are right @peeing without empty jars, it just isn't implemented now. Thanks again.

Hardokay

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I really likes the game that has virgin's ending. :)