Reputation score
Re: RJ160355 Amore Magic Academy

I've got the "System\RGSS300.dll could not be found" error :(

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I've got the "System\RGSS300.dll could not be found" error :(
Go into the system folder and rename the rgss301.dll to rgss300.dll and it should fix the problem.

Seems that at the train station when choosing where you want to go to hunt monsters the Abandoned City is left untranslated.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Game seems realy buggy at least for me.
Every scene crashes, some times with out of error but usualy with error:

Attachments

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Game seems realy buggy at least for me.
Every scene crashes, some times with out of error but usualy with error:
Can't find audio, go to the audio folder and see what the files look like. That will most likely give you your answer.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Can't find audio, go to the audio folder and see what the files look like. That will most likely give you your answer.
Nope couldnt get this to work. Oh well guess that i'll just skip this game and go for next one.

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Nope couldnt get this to work. Oh well guess that i'll just skip this game and go for next one.
What are the names in the audio folder? Are they in Japanese or are they showing as something else?

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Where are you at in the playthrough? I've played up through about half of the free roam portion and haven't seen anything - and the saves I found on forums I've tried all work. Maybe a wonky download or unzip/pack?

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Where are you at in the playthrough? I've played up through about half of the free roam portion and haven't seen anything - and the saves I found on forums I've tried all work. Maybe a wonky download or unzip/pack?
I pretymuch get this error in every h-scene in game.

To other question, yes audio filenames are in japan (see my earlier screenshot for error and file)

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I pretymuch get this error in every h-scene in game.

To other question, yes audio filenames are in japan (see my earlier screenshot for error and file)
All I see is an error message saying the game cannot locate that file in Audio\BGS.
Doesn't mean you have the file, and in Japanese, actually...

Seems to me like a standard "unzipped the game while in non-japanese locale and that effed up the filenames which had originally Japanese characters in it, and as such the game cannot find them when looking for them" situation.

Extract the game in Japanese locale, or use sjisunzip.

Exsalent

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

All I see is an error message saying the game cannot locate that file in Audio\BGS.
Doesn't mean you have the file, and in Japanese, actually...

Seems to me like a standard "unzipped the game while in non-japanese locale and that effed up the filenames which had originally Japanese characters in it, and as such the game cannot find them when looking for them" situation.

Extract the game in Japanese locale, or use sjisunzip.
Using Japananese local helped, thanks alot for help. :)

AkiTooru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just reporting for the sake of reporting, but there's a sentence that looks like it's missing a word in the opening, when the teacher is explaining magic to the whole class:
"Though we were able to rescue them, she the members of her party all became [...]"

It's a small thing, and it looks like there are no other problems with the translation so far (though I'm pretty early into the game). I'll keep an open for any other small typos and stuff and report them

Good job on finishing yet another translation m1zuki!

edit: a while later, the teacher says "you'll be working in pairs of 6 [...]".
Either it's a small mistake, or my english is not as fluent as I thought. (I get the meaning behind it, but it sounds weird)
If it's the latter, a lot of guys I grew with would be delighted to know you can actually form pairs of 6, and the teacher was wrong not to let them do it.

Also, in the description of the equipment you can buy in the start, most of the magic orbs say "the effect is low", while a couple say "Effect is stronger than 1". Is there something special about these or is it just a small slip up? The ones in question are the "Magic orb-Acc1" and "Magic orb-Genbu1"

edit2: This one I'm not actually sure, because the theory stuff I know is from portuguese and I was never really that great at it, but, in the sex scene a while later between Akira and Remina, I feel like commas would be warranted: "Above all, being able to become one with Remina, who I always loved, filled me with a sense of acomplishment and joy"
(I remember it's some theory stuff about it being a subordinate clause that explains something about the subject instead of restricting ... somethin like "the girl, who wears glasses, is the one I like" vs "the girl who wears glasses is the one I like")

another missing word a while later, "Wait, but then the deepest parts of my vagina can be completely right now.....!?"

(at this point I just opened up my VX Ace editor because I'm too lazy to write the sentences)

edit3: In common event 88, var108==3, there's a word missing. "Well, whatever. If it makes \N[1] then we can walk home that way." (happy)

Last edited:

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah it should have said teams of 6 instead of pairs.

There are actually very many errors that I've been editing and cleaning up as I try to do a revision run. But there are so many scenes to test that it's taking some time.

Maybe about 10% of the lines in the game are getting reworked or revised to some degree for clarity, fluidity, etc.

The method I'm using to translate the game makes it hard to make several small patch updates, so I'll probably just release the final revised version one of these days.

As for the magic orbs, I'm pretty sure the synthesized ones had different text than the rest in the original text. Still if the lack of uniformity is weird I could go back and take a look at it.

Last edited:

AkiTooru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I checked the magic orbs, the problem with them is that the Magic orb-Acc1 has the same description as Magic orb-Acc2, and the Magic orb-Genbu1 also has the same description as Magic orb-Genbu2.

Basically level 2 orbs have the "Effect is stronger than 1" description while level 1 orbs have the "The effect is low" description, but these specific level 1 orbs ended up with level 2 descriptions.

Also,there's a word missing in the scene when you go out with sakura in the early beginning (the event is in his room, event id 10, second tab), she says
"【\N[3]】That's no good~ Having phone sex while in a place like this. \N[2] naughtier than I thought, too."

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yup I already revised those particular cases but I should go back and check the orbs. As for the commas there are some places where it would make more grammatical sense to include them but it really bogs down the text if I do. A lot of the sentences in Japanese were long winded with multiple clauses so I ended up trying to make them sound compact without too many commas. I actually went back and erased many of them because it seems to help the text flow smoother without them.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

hey Mizuki good job on the translation I downloaded it but havent started playing yet.

Im a patron of yours I notice you dont have your patreon linked in your sig did you remove it? I know you have been burnt out I do think you should take a break from translating you deserve it. Take yourself a good 2-3 months or whatever and relax and recharge then see if you want to get back in to translating. I do hope you dont quit for good but you gottta take care of yourself.

Thanks for the hard work

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The link to my patreon is still in my sig, I think?

I'm just using all my spare waking hours to try and complete the revision run for Amor, and then I'll probably take a break and think about what to do next.

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The link to my patreon is still in my sig, I think?

I'm just using all my spare waking hours to try and complete the revision run for Amor, and then I'll probably take a break and think about what to do next.
Oh it is, its just not labeled as patreon.

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Thanks m1zuki! This wasn't my favorite game you translated and I've probably played this one the least out of all your translations, but I've always appreciated everything you've done here. Sometimes I feel like you're Rogue Translator reincarnate lol. That's a huge compliment btw :D

Please take several months off and then if you're feeling up to it, pick up another project. Hopefully you will pick something that has better art this time around XD. The art in this game was super hit or miss for me. The artist is good at drawing from certain angles and not so good at others lol. I think the gameplay in this was actually pretty above average though, which made this a good game overall.

Looking forward to your next translation if you decide to stick around with us for a little longer! :)

m1zuki

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I feel the same way. It wasn't my favorite game to translate either. I wanted to just drop the translation after I finished the prologue but I hate leaving projects unfinished more than anything. No one will ever know the amount of willpower it took to keep translating every day for another ~4 months just for the sake of completion...

Also the revisions are still continuing but I posted an update that should fix a lot of typos in the earlier parts of the game.