Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Praise the Sun. (Mind Flayer)

Well yes... I'm a... Don't ask too many questions. My life is already complicated enough. She said, an unwanted vision making Ichiro's head spin. Pain, so much pain, and blood, and sundering... The ocean all around. It was so disorienting that he lost track of himself in it for a moment. All the pain was focused in his chest underneath the mark of the Sun. Nor was Vila immune from it either, gasping and clutching her own chest.

When it had passed, Loran was holding him up by his shoulder, Ichiro had fallen to his knees and Vila was cringing and whimpering as it all faded. Are... Are you ok ichiro? Cmon man, answer already you've been on your knees screaming for almost a full minute. he said, clearly shaken and a woman in a habit charging towards them with a staff, older, and seeming very cranky. Loran stalled her with a hand, Ichiro's chest mark was still glowing brightly, before it faded and his wounds, manifested on Vila's body, making her gasp and clutch at her arm and face, panting raggedly in his hair for a long moment.

You never.... You never get used... To that. she gasped out, laying there limply.

Mind Flayer

The Sexy Futanari Admin Goon
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

As Vila spoke to them, Ichiro's head spun and his balance was lost, and he worried that he'd fallen down, but thankfully Loran had caught him and held him upright, though he'd fallen to his knees apparently. "Ugh... thank you Loran. That was... intense and painful," Ichiro said with a groan, clutching his chest a bit as he looked down at it.

"Vila... are you okay little one?" Ichiro asked Vila when he noticed the cuts had manifested onto her body and whatnot, worried about his little friend. "And... what was that?" he then asked.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

My heads all a mess... No good deed goes unpunished. she said. don't worry about me though. Please don't. let's just go eat. Healer lady... It's my fault. Please don't worry he's fine. she squeaked at the priestess, bowing apologetically from the top of Ichiro's head. To which she sniffed, and then bowed low to Vila, turning away.

Loran still seemed concerned, but nodded. Food it is. I'll have it sent to your room. I haven't... Umm... warned the other members we have a new arrival. They're big on welcomes. So if you don't mind, stay something of a little secret for now. he said, whispering the last and grinning widely. They'll want to throw a party.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Vila, little one, did you... take my wounds unto yourself?" Ichiro asked Vila, holding her in one hand and looking worriedly down at her.

"And alright Loran, that's fine, so long as there's bacon... and some other food as well. I feel I could eat an entire pig right now to be perfectly honest," Ichiro told Loran, not minding a party, hell a welcoming party sounded amazing to him, and he felt immensely pleased that it would be for him and even Loran would notice the warm smile on his once stone cold face as his tail wagged happily.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Your obsession with Bacon is interesting but I think we can manage it. Loran said, laughing as he led them to their rooms. Not 10 minutes later, with Vila bouncing around excitedly. She bled gold... it was odd, but she didn't seem to mind, he had a proper chance to ask his question again where she would notice and she nodded.

Umm yes. The short answer is Yes. If something needs to be healed quickly... Like, when there isn't time for a proper spell like the Headpriest used... We take injuries in on ourselves. Physical and Otherwise. I took away your fatigue in the Cell, and your injuries in the bath without you noticing... she said, blushing a bit before they were interrupted by Loran, who had a REDICULOUS tray of food.

On it of course, was a heaping platter of Bacon, as well as some kind of delicious smelling sausage gravy and fluffy biscuits, several turkey legs, and a large pitcher of what smelled more like flower then juice. Frozen Rose Tea. Something of a local specialty. It's good for you, perk you right up. he explained, before leaving them.

Vila had eyes for only one thing... The bacon, and she was openly drooling as she zipped around the platter, waiting for Ichiro to start before savagely attacking a piece larger then she was and starting to bite it to death, getting grease all over herself in the process but looking bound and determined to eat as much of it as she could.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Thank you again sir Loran. I appreciate it," Ichiro replied to Loran, smiling as he went back to his room.

After he got back in there and asked Vila again about his wounds, he gently patted her head with one finger. "I thank you again, from the bottom of my heart little Vila," Ichiro told his little fairy friend.

After Loran brought the tray of food in, Ichiro felt his stomach growl mightily, and his tail began wagging again. He took a couple of pieces of bacon and gave one to Vila, and nommed the other, his tail wagging like crazy. He took a drink of the tea that was brought as well, guzzling down at least a third of the glass before he took another bite of food, deciding on a sausage this time. "Thank you sir Loran. And, I don't mind if your fellows... or ours I suppose I should say, wish to throw a party. It's been many a year since I last had a party in my honor," Ichiro said after eating another piece of bacon too and mauling a piece of bread as savagely as Vila was her bacon.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Glad to hear it. I just told them, they're already plotting. he said, laughing as he saw Vila literally wrestling with the bacon strip while she gnawed on the end, tearing a long strip off and rawring at the meat before going back at it. I WILL SLAY THEE COOKED SWINE! she cried, nomming her way through it and getting another. An impressive feat considering her size and likely having a stomach the size of a gooseberry.

BUT DAMNIT SHE WAS IN IT TO WIN IT!

We can do all kindsa stuff. Like those markings. They bind us together in more then just a cool symboly way. But I suppose you already noticed they make your punches explode.... among other things. she commented through a full mouth after Loran had left, still nomming away.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I see... so I can explode things with punches now. That's good to know," Ichiro said, looking thoughtfully down at his fists.

"Sir Loran, just send word when it's time and I shall be along," Ichiro told the paladin before he left, looking back to Vila as she talked more about their link with one another.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

You didn't notice!? You punched a guy and his helmet crumpled an there was all this blood like Pffshhshhshsh!!! and then Boom bam kapow and... You really didn't notice... she mused, seeming kinda confused at that.

We can't both be derpy all the time, pay attention she said, jumping up onto his knee with only half of a second bacon piece still in her hands. Which was comical as it was still large enough that she had to set it down to walk, traipsing up his body.

Those on your hands, all 4... They let you use my power to fight. Because that's what you needed to survive an unfair battle. It was the best help I could give other then, That. she said, pointing at his heart.

There's a reason I can't share.. But I was hurt... Badly hurt when i found you. So I made a trade... To save your life, I needed to save mine. so we're connected because I couldn't weather that injury without help. So I took your fatigue and your injuries and gave you my power, in exchange I linked us to share the one I had with you. It's where all the pain is coming from... But we can't lose eachother, and the farther away we get from eachother... the more danger I'm in.... I really can't leave your side Ichiro... I would die. she said quietly, flitting up in front of him and looking serious.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I was a little busy trying to focus on not dying, so I thought I'd just hit him really good, and went on my way and whatnot," Ichiro said with a little shrug, before listening to her keep talking.

When she was done talking, Ichiro scooped her up again and brought her up close to his face. "I see... what happened to cause you to get hurt then Vila? I'm glad that I could help you, even though I didn't realize I was doing so," Ichiro asked her curiously, and feeling that it would be a disservice to not ask how she'd gotten hurt and express a little worry at least.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

All I can say is a soul wandering in passing, and in terrible pain and confusion drew my attention, and in.... an attempt to help... I'm harboring it. Protecting it, while it heals. The wounds it suffered prior to finding me were.... Incredible. It's why my fellows don't even recognize me anymore.... It's hard to say where I start, and she begins. But I will not abandon her. Vila answered, unable to say more as the pain in their chests flared very briefly. And she only winced slightly and smiled, touching her own heart.

We Sprites....are drawn to suffering. Not by Pelor, or any other god, but by our need to assuage it. As the world suffers, so do we. Here in Garellia there are so many of us here, because old wounds have never healed. But we're making progress, slowly. The redhead who grabbed.... she was my lover. Vila said smiling softly, though the pain in her face was so easy to read. It was obvious she would not abandon who she had helped prior to meeting Ichiro, Or Ichiro himself, not for any reason. Not even for herself.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I see... well... I will not abandon you either little one. You gave me a second chance at life, when my only hope was so faint that I could barely even imagine it," Ichiro said, looking sadly down at Vila as she spoke. "Don't you think she deserves at least some explanation then if she was your lover? I won't let them take you, that I already promised, but it would be fair to her I think to speak with her properly instead of beating the living hell out of her. Come, we can ask the high priest if she's awake yet for you to talk to her, if you're willing," he went on to ask Vila, looking a little hopeful that she would take him up on the offer, but not forcing her to do so if she didn't wish to.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I... I didn't mean.... That was all Her... Those moves... I'm not a fighter I'm a lover. But she was very attached to someone she watched all the time. Fought with, practiced with, a priestess, and I panicked and she... defended me, in her own way. She knew seeing Brittney hurt, that leaving you would hurt more... so she moved... and I let her and I'm so ashamed... She didn't even recognize me, poor Britney. But I have to tell her something. Vila said, sniffling and nodding, settling on Ichiro's hand and sitting there. Seemed she would try to explain.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh Vila, my little angel... do not worry yourself too much, I'm sure that everything can be explained to her if you try. Do you want to try? If you do, then merely say the word and I'll take you there before we go to this party, or I'll have Loran bring them here," Ichiro told Vila, bringing her up to his chest and doing his best to give her a hug without crushing her.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vila finally relented and nodded again, curling up against his chest like she had before when she had been frightened. It was the closest thing to a hug she could give, letting herself be cradled against him, being that close. Shame she was so small. It was hard not to love her.

Let's go. I'm sure Brittney is beside herself with worry. She's never been so aggresive before... Vila muttered quietly, obviously nervous about trying to explain what was going on.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"I'm sure it was because she was so worried too little one. Come, let's see if she's awake again yet. Then we can clear this whole mess up and everything for you," Ichiro told Vila, smiling warmly down at her.

With that, Ichiro peeked outside to look for Loran, and if he found him, he'd wave him down and ask if he knew if the little sun sprites were awake yet, that Vila had injured, and if so, then he'd ask if they could be brought to his room, or if he and Vila could be taken to them, to clear up the mess between them.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Loran wasn't easy to find, but Praetor was, at the head of the chapel, seeming to be reading. The fairies were awake, sitting on his shoulders silently and looking saddened. Vina simply grew scared again as they approached and both sun sprites Bristled visibly.

She was too shaken herself to actually speak. In her heart she obviously knew this was the right idea but didn't have the words herself. Didn't know how to explain.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Looking around didn't show where Loran was, but Praetor was found easily enough thankfully, and Ichiro took Vila inside and noticed the other two sprites sitting on his shoulders, and they did not look too happy as they approached. Moving closer, Ichiro pulled Vila into his hand and walked over to the pair and Praetor, and bowed his head to the high priest and the sprites.

"Little ones, Vila wishes to apologize for earlier, and I would too. She wishes to explain, and I am here to support her. I would ask if you would both please listen to her, because she was very distraught over what happened before, when you tried to take her against her will, before she could explain," Ichiro said to the other sprites in a calm voice, before looking down to Vila. "Come little Vila, be brave now like you were for me in the arena, please. You gave me strength before, so now I will loan you my strength," he then told Vila, trying to encourage her to be brave and speak up.

OP
Courage Wolf

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I personally see no reason for her to apologize for defending herself. Praetor said quickly despite not knowing the full situation, and he had a valid point. They had tried to forcibly take her away... Which would have killed her outright though they didn't know it.

What are you talking about?! That is NOT Vila! That is NOT MY VILA! brittney started, ending in a scream of pain and rage, obviously beside herself.

That is not my love. It isn't! It's something else! it's SOMEONE Else! She continued, crying. Vila didn't know what to do. At all. Brittney Stop this! It's me. It really is! I tried to help someone and they're... I... I can't even fully explain it! but Brittney could either see Enough of Vila IN Vila to be horrified, or thought she was simply being lied to or tricked, because a small explosion of light detonated in the room, Praetor having to shield his eyes and in that moment the two Sprites vanished.

When ichiro could see again, Vila was sitting on his hand, looking like she'd been broken. She'd collapsed to her knees, her wings sagging and her eyes full of tears, looking off at something no one else could see before her head sagged and her shoulder shook, the sprite breaking into broken sobs as she sat their completely limp. Brittney... It's... it's me... Really... it's.

Praetor looked stunned, he had no words at the moment, completely at a loss as to what the hell was going on.

Mind Flayer

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

"Little one, she is Vila, regardless of whatever she may have looked like before. I don't think she would lie about it. And besides, she can't leave my side or she will die... Gah!" Ichiro said to Brittney before she exploded the light at them and he was momentarily blinded by it.

When he could see again and saw Vila in the state she was in, Ichiro pulled her up against his chest and let her stay there as he gave her the best hug he could. "Vila, little one, please try and not cry. I know it hurts, believe me, if anyone else could understand the pain you feel, it's me. I will always be there for you, in body and in spirit. This, I swear to you. I also promise you that I will help to make Brittney see that it is you and to understand your reasons for helping me. I don't want to see you sad, because it makes me sad that my first real friend since I was taken from my homeland, is sad and hurting. I will share your pain with you, my little Vila," Ichiro told Vila, trying to comfort her as best he could as he took a seat on the nearest chair or anything else that he could sit on.